Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:17:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4  (Read 97034 times)
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:49:48 PM

This is definitely not a scam.  I received my two units last night, and they are both hashing away in the garage just fine at roughly 220GH/s each.  They are certainly loud and my units were poorly assembled.  Since they are in the garage, the noise is bearable.  On the shoddy cases, it's not a huge deal, as they are miners, not artwork. 

As far as ease of setup, it was a little tricky getting two PSU's into the case and plugged in - very tight.  But once they had power, connecting to the network and setting up cgminer took 5 minutes.  Also, they run a similar OpenWRT linux to the AntMiner S1, so I was able to SSH into the machine, set up api-allow and see the status on CGRemote.  Easy-peasy.

I'm running them with two Corsair CX750 PSU's each, and they draw about 950Watts from the wall at stock 1400Mhz.  I've tried to run them at 1500Mhz and get roughly 230-235GH/s but power draw increases to 1050W or so.  I'm not sure if it's worth to overclock given the ~5% increase in hash rate but ~10% increase in power consumption.  Any thoughts from others?

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and hope to make some ROI in a couple of months.  My concern is power use, as my rate here in CA is very high (0.35/kwh!!!).  I might need to sell them in a month or two to someone with cheap power to maximize my return...  Anybody want a 6week preorder at $1500 per unit?   Grin

Why was I scammed if this isn't a scam?

Maybe they hate you... or the seller got over his head by taking more orders then they could fulfill in a timely manner.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:50:16 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:33:35 PM by miaviator

Reserved.

sailem09

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:08:38 PM

This miaviator asshole is really getting out of hand. Why don't you just give them your info so that they can refund you ? wait ? did you even order any ? I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling your on here just trolling. Any ways reported.
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

This is definitely not a scam.  I received my two units last night, and they are both hashing away in the garage just fine at roughly 220GH/s each.  They are certainly loud and my units were poorly assembled.  Since they are in the garage, the noise is bearable.  On the shoddy cases, it's not a huge deal, as they are miners, not artwork. 

As far as ease of setup, it was a little tricky getting two PSU's into the case and plugged in - very tight.  But once they had power, connecting to the network and setting up cgminer took 5 minutes.  Also, they run a similar OpenWRT linux to the AntMiner S1, so I was able to SSH into the machine, set up api-allow and see the status on CGRemote.  Easy-peasy.

I'm running them with two Corsair CX750 PSU's each, and they draw about 950Watts from the wall at stock 1400Mhz.  I've tried to run them at 1500Mhz and get roughly 230-235GH/s but power draw increases to 1050W or so.  I'm not sure if it's worth to overclock given the ~5% increase in hash rate but ~10% increase in power consumption.  Any thoughts from others?

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and hope to make some ROI in a couple of months.  My concern is power use, as my rate here in CA is very high (0.35/kwh!!!).  I might need to sell them in a month or two to someone with cheap power to maximize my return...  Anybody want a 6week preorder at $1500 per unit?   Grin

ouch 0.35/kwh, and I thought 0.2 was high
mchu168

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:16:30 PM

Our base rate is 0.15/kwh I believe, but with all these miners, I'm pushed into tier 4, which is crazy expensive. Maybe I need to think about renting some data center space.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:19:20 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:33:45 PM by miaviator

Reserved.

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:27:10 PM

Drama Queen.
read that with Krusty's voice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfb1znHCHlM

srsy, get a life, miaviator guy
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:27:32 PM

This miaviator asshole is really getting out of hand. Why don't you just give them your info so that they can refund you ? wait ? did you even order any ? I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling your on here just trolling. Any ways reported.

I've reported most of my posts as well.  I expect deletions nightly.

This MIAVIATOR asshole is a customer for around $20,000 USD who ordered and was promised delivery of in stock units.

Once the OP admitted that he had no in stock units and would not delivery for more than a 7 day delay this asshole requested a refund.

I have just worked with BTMine to again request a refund.  I received the same answer: we will get to it. (great)

A little trolling is worth the chance to actually get a refund from an asic seller.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD REPORT BTMINE FOR BEING A SCAMMER

Oh wait, it's in my signature on every post i've ever made.

Good to go.

Refund.

A little trolling ? You are making it into a full time job. Added to your sig now too. All because of a 7 day delay. Jesus dude talk about being butt hurt.

Not that it would make a bit of difference as you have already lost the plot but just so you know these posts make you look like a spoiled brat. Just sayin'

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:32:02 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:34:09 PM by miaviator

Reserved

Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:36:15 PM

This button reports the OP: Report OP to moderator

See below for the button to report me.

A little trolling ?

I've reported most of my posts as well.  I expect deletions nightly.

This MIAVIATOR asshole is a customer for around $20,000 USD who ordered and was promised delivery of in stock units.

Once the OP admitted that he had no in stock units and would not delivery for more than a 7 day delay this asshole requested a refund.

I have just worked with BTMine to again request a refund.  I received the same answer: we will get to it. (great)

A little trolling is worth the chance to actually get a refund from an asic seller.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD REPORT BTMINE FOR BEING A SCAMMER

Oh wait, it's in my signature on every post i've ever made.

Good to go.

Refund.

A little trolling ? You are making it into a full time job. Added to your sig now too. All because of a 7 day delay. Jesus dude talk about being butt hurt.

Not that it would make a bit of difference as you have already lost the plot but just so you know these posts make you look like a spoiled brat. Just sayin'

Thank You!

It has nothing to with the delay

As indicated before my issue is with the FELONY criminal actions of the OP.

The actual CRIMINAL conduct.

The willful, intentional and ADMITTED negligence.

The intentional DEFRAUDING of a consumer.

etc.

etc.

blah.

SCAMMER

The report me button:
\/  \/  \/

Fixed.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

I have him on ignore. Its pretty cool first time I have ever used Ignore. Works great.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:01:15 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:34:22 PM by miaviator

Reserved

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:02:25 PM

Ship a few initial batches to get the herd moving, then start delaying the rest bfl/avalon style.  Hook, line, sinker.

Classic and obvious. After going through all those sagas over the years people are still so gullible.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

I dunno, I think a lot of this is caveat emptor - we all saw a few units go out very quickly, at reasonable prices, by a new, untried vendor.  I knew, at least, that there could be a hiccup if demand got to be more than they were prepared for and had a real product, but it looked like they were committed to delivery - so I took that risk.  Evidently, so did miaviator and dozens of others.

Yes, the vendor said "in stock" - did anyone really believe they were really already assy'd and ready-to-ship?  I figured they meant materials in hand and ready for finishing out the rest; they would have had a some starter stock and had the supplies for the rest - which is sounds like was exactly the case, save for some unforseen hiccups already mentioned.  I figured they overestimated their abiliity to ramp-up and deliver, probably due to a combination of overenthusiasm, inexperience, etc - again, sounds about right.

Nevertheless, I still decided on 6 Jan to try to get on the front-side of the bow-wave, and currently my unit is in DHL hands.  I expect it tomorrow-ish, which is about almost a week later than my own overly-optimistic hope but within the realm of the risk I was willing to take.  And while I knew they delivered the first few in literally days, I did not think they'd be able to keep that up - anyone who truly did think that was not being realistic, IMHO.

That said, I'm dubious about ordering more until I know that they've solved their hiccups and can indeed ship when promised.  I think they're committed to delivery.  I think they got in over their head.  What's next is up to them.

Look, let's be honest here, we all took a risk in good faith.  And the vendor has been delivering and providing refunds.  Things are actually working exactly as you might expect in this situation, without the need for invoking any criminal intent or malfeasance.

I get the "squeaky wheel" approach, but I think that it's an overescalation.  But then again, I don't have $20k up in the air right now.  I decided to ease into my risk for only one unit, and for me that was the smarter decision.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

... Yes, the vendor said "in stock" - did anyone really believe they were really already assy'd and ready-to-ship? ...

i did  Grin .. but i think its because i got used with all my previous antminers i got - those were always in stock and shipped fast.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BeerPimp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:07:41 PM

Our base rate is 0.15/kwh I believe, but with all these miners, I'm pushed into tier 4, which is crazy expensive. Maybe I need to think about renting some data center space.

Holy cow I knew my 0.071/kwh was cheap but did not realize how cheap.
mchu168

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:10:19 PM

If you think we have expensive electricity, try paying $1.5m for a 1,500sqft cottage by the freeway.
BeerPimp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:53:10 PM

If you think we have expensive electricity, try paying $1.5m for a 1,500sqft cottage by the freeway.

Ok I had the wrong rate it is 0.073/kwh.  And it drops to 0.0573/kwh after 900 kwh/month. Grin
FarmerOak

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

Ok I had the wrong rate it is 0.073/kwh.  And it drops to 0.0573/kwh after 900 kwh/month. Grin

Your power DROPS after a certain quota? Insanity! Mine is 0.14, then 0.17, then .35, then .assrapage, and I always get to the final tier.

r1senfa17h

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:21:46 PM

Ok I had the wrong rate it is 0.073/kwh.  And it drops to 0.0573/kwh after 900 kwh/month. Grin

Your power DROPS after a certain quota? Insanity! Mine is 0.14, then 0.17, then .35, then .assrapage, and I always get to the final tier.

You guys had me worried so I called my provider (DTE) and there are only 2 tiers. The first is ~$0.12 per kWh for the first 17kWh/day (510kwH/month) and the 2nd is $0.1326 per kWh. Not bad, but not the best. I predict that these miners will cease to be profitable for me sometime in July.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: