Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346282 times)
2012revisited

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:12:17 PM

What happened to the daily price drops?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

I think I read somewhere in the forum or from Bitmain, they'll lock up the 0.988 BTC for the time being due to all the price fluctuations.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

I think I read somewhere in the forum or from Bitmain, they'll lock up the 0.988 BTC for the time being due to all the price fluctuations.
Also, it's not necessarily price drops, the title says the price changes daily, so theoretically at this point the btc price per unit should be going up  Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:36:36 PM

Anyone of new S2 owners can make some light about product?

Thanks.
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:37:53 PM

I have a problem with my last order from Bitmain and tried to use the email address from their website but got a denial reply from them after which I replied and they have since ignored me.

I have made two orders this month.  On Mar 4th for three S1's and again on Mar 10th for three more S1's.

Though shipping was late on the Mar 4th order, it arrived here in good shape and the miners were put online right away.

The Mar 10th order was quickly delivered and I started setting up the miners.  In this order, I received two identical miners (board dates and port coloring) as with the previous order.  These miners went online with no problems.

The last box I opened to setup, turned out to be a used miner.  How do I know that it is used?  Well, the miner has Dec dated boards with red/black wire connectors on the board along with a pci-e port.  The boards are coated with directional dust that is sort of a greasy grime and the fan has a caking of dust on the leading edge of all of the blades.  One of the boards has thermal grease that leaked out from under a screw when it was hot and the grease has fan blown dust in it.  This S1 is definitely different from the other five new miners.  None of the other five miner have any dust or grime on them.

When this "used" S1 was powered up the fan went to high speed.  It turned out that the fan was running at 3840 rpm and it shows the first blade at 177°C and the second blade at 38.  This was just after startup, not from running at any amount of time.  I shut it down quickly and then sent an email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com so they could help sort the problem out.  I copied the info from the S1 management screen and made screen pics and added them to the email.

Here is the info from the email that was sent back to me from Bitmain support:
we are so sorry to reply late.
because out testing factory is under construction, there will be some dust when doing aging test, the workers are for aging test.
but miner is new, you can see it work around 180Gh/s, your mining profit is not affected.
it actually take some time to request RMA, no need to waste your valuable time Smiley

Best Regards

BITMAIN

First, I have five other new miners to compare to and none of them had any of the mess on them that this "used" miner had.  The main point that I am looking at is that I purchased brand new miners from the manufacturer and not a used miner.  Manufacturers either sell new, used, or reconditioned devices, each with their own prices.  The management console for this machine shows the temp (177°C) problem of which was ignored in the email response.

Since they said in the email that it was OK, I went ahead and configured this miner, it did not have the default miner configs that all of the other miners had.  This miner was assigned as antminer_42_171 in two pools and as antminer_171 in a third pool.

After setting my pool info and adjusting the IP info, I started the miner.  It mines but is noisy as hell with the fan running so fast.  It still shows running from 177°C to 179°C. I moved it into a different room and that miner alone is noisier than all of the other S1's and four GPU miner system running in the other room.

I just don't know how long the hot blade will last and will it fail before the warranty period.  

I sent a reply email on the 15th but have not heard anything since then.  I have waited till now as I left for a 2400 mile round trip drive Sunday morning (0400) and got home late yesterday.  I arrived home to no response to my reply email.

I think that since there is obviously problems with this miner, the Bitmain company should do what they can to sort it right away and not just say to ignore it.

Any opinions on what I should do to try and sort this out?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:47:38 PM

If it was me I would strip it down, blow the crap out of it, clean the Tim of with switch cleaner, put it all back together and mine with it.

Not worth either yours or their time to rma

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

I have a problem with my last order from Bitmain and tried to use the email address from their website but got a denial reply from them after which I replied and they have since ignored me.

I have made two orders this month.  On Mar 4th for three S1's and again on Mar 10th for three more S1's.

Though shipping was late on the Mar 4th order, it arrived here in good shape and the miners were put online right away.

The Mar 10th order was quickly delivered and I started setting up the miners.  In this order, I received two identical miners (board dates and port coloring) as with the previous order.  These miners went online with no problems.

The last box I opened to setup, turned out to be a used miner.  How do I know that it is used?  Well, the miner has Dec dated boards with red/black wire connectors on the board along with a pci-e port.  The boards are coated with directional dust that is sort of a greasy grime and the fan has a caking of dust on the leading edge of all of the blades.  One of the boards has thermal grease that leaked out from under a screw when it was hot and the grease has fan blown dust in it.  This S1 is definitely different from the other five new miners.  None of the other five miner have any dust or grime on them.

When this "used" S1 was powered up the fan went to high speed.  It turned out that the fan was running at 3840 rpm and it shows the first blade at 177°C and the second blade at 38.  This was just after startup, not from running at any amount of time.  I shut it down quickly and then sent an email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com so they could help sort the problem out.  I copied the info from the S1 management screen and made screen pics and added them to the email.

Here is the info from the email that was sent back to me from Bitmain support:
we are so sorry to reply late.
because out testing factory is under construction, there will be some dust when doing aging test, the workers are for aging test.
but miner is new, you can see it work around 180Gh/s, your mining profit is not affected.
it actually take some time to request RMA, no need to waste your valuable time Smiley

Best Regards

BITMAIN

First, I have five other new miners to compare to and none of them had any of the mess on them that this "used" miner had.  The main point that I am looking at is that I purchased brand new miners from the manufacturer and not a used miner.  Manufacturers either sell new, used, or reconditioned devices, each with their own prices.  The management console for this machine shows the temp (177°C) problem of which was ignored in the email response.

Since they said in the email that it was OK, I went ahead and configured this miner, it did not have the default miner configs that all of the other miners had.  This miner was assigned as antminer_42_171 in two pools and as antminer_171 in a third pool.

After setting my pool info and adjusting the IP info, I started the miner.  It mines but is noisy as hell with the fan running so fast.  It still shows running from 177°C to 179°C. I moved it into a different room and that miner alone is noisier than all of the other S1's and four GPU miner system running in the other room.

I just don't know how long the hot blade will last and will it fail before the warranty period.  

I sent a reply email on the 15th but have not heard anything since then.  I have waited till now as I left for a 2400 mile round trip drive Sunday morning (0400) and got home late yesterday.  I arrived home to no response to my reply email.

I think that since there is obviously problems with this miner, the Bitmain company should do what they can to sort it right away and not just say to ignore it.

Sorry to hear about the state of your miner, I'm not sure what else to do if Bitmain is not answering except to kick up a storm about it and post some pics here...

As for practical advice: I'd suggest taking the miner apart and giving it a good cleaning. There is probably a lot of dust in the heatsinks that you can't get out without taking the main fan off.. even better if you take one of the boards off. I suggest cleaning off the paste with some rubbing alcohol and wiping the dust off the chips and boards with a dry cloth... hopefully that will help, I know cleaning my miners every couple of weeks makes a difference to temps and performance.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:53:00 PM

Hi, which is the latest date and release of antminer S1 card?

W_M
Bitkoinzz

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:10:24 PM

"After setting my pool info and adjusting the IP info, I started the miner.  It mines but is noisy as hell with the fan running so fast.  It still shows running from 177°C to 179°C. I moved it into a different room and that miner alone is noisier than all of the other S1's and four GPU miner system running in the other room."

177C? I thought these shut down at 60c? are you sure it says 177C? That is smoking hot

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
meornot69

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:23:44 PM

Let me get you a nice email from Bitmain tomorrow once they are back to work Smiley  I love shoving trolls down the shitter Smiley

The latest update from Bitmain is everything back up and running 48 hours Smiley

Can anyone get this kid a dummy ^^

i thought u had it already? oh,  so you lied than and I caught you.
I think I just showed others what kind of person you are.
..i am reseller for EU and uk....-apparently bitmain give you reseller bage.
...sale of miners going great...-no sight of thread for selling anything.
...im official support for bitmain...-bitmain denied that, and you posted proof.
...pallets are waiting to be loaded on plain...
...I have second forum account because I have no logins at work for old one...

yeah right.

time to wake up and finish dream.

i agree with you s1lverbox.
you can make now a email and show us, something that BITMAIN will never say.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:38:33 PM

If it was me I would strip it down, blow the crap out of it, clean the Tim of with switch cleaner, put it all back together and mine with it.

Not worth either yours or their time to rma

This is true. Most heat issues are done by lots of fluffy dust which stuck in heatsink.
Just give it good blow or use compressor air and should be ok.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:39:06 PM

"After setting my pool info and adjusting the IP info, I started the miner.  It mines but is noisy as hell with the fan running so fast.  It still shows running from 177°C to 179°C. I moved it into a different room and that miner alone is noisier than all of the other S1's and four GPU miner system running in the other room."

177C? I thought these shut down at 60c? are you sure it says 177C? That is smoking hot

That would indicate a bad sensor. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Pcpoet

Activity: 156

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

Still awaiting for fix... Bitmain.com website is down.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:36:39 PM

Still awaiting for fix... Bitmain.com website is down.

Don't you mean Bitmaintech.com?

Seems to be working:

https://www.bitmaintech.com/product.htm

Order status is a whole different thing, as they stated they're still working on it.  Website though is up.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:20:12 AM

Yeah, I really want to order some more, but they gotta fix this issue ASAP. Has anyone had success today when trying to order?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Archimage

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

It is just after 8am there at the moment......

Give em a little while to slug down some coffee, and wake up  Wink
navigator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

After checking myups looks like I will be getting another S1 monday. Thank you bitmain for fixing my order(due to blockchain down) without me having to email you once about a pointless dilemma.

I think I am done getting S1's for now. Will probably order an S2 in the next month.

Are we allowed to sell/give away our coupons? I don't think I will be using my leftovers.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:22:39 AM

Yeah, I really want to order some more, but they gotta fix this issue ASAP. Has anyone had success today when trying to order?

My expired transaction just got fixed in the last hour, so it's safe to assume they are still working through transactions.
Pcpoet

Activity: 156

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:33:24 AM

Yea it's up again. Still waiting for a my order to get solve.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
FerasYmCmB

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

hello  Sad  .. i paid for AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner 5.901 BTC and you recvied the money but it shows in my account i didn't pay .. and now the Status of my order is  : Expired   ..    Huh
whyy ??  please fix the problem  Sad

this is the Transaction details  Embarrassed

https://blockchain.info/address/1MrG9wN35Tz64sEqboeM8tVs3pGYQhAn7J

the order id : 001201403191904354280V9W30oe0646

my btc adress 1M9pNrxBPZcFwodzin6JZgrqvf4QvKXrwq

bcuz i made order before this one and every thing was okay please check my account name : FerasYmCmB   Cry

thank you,  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: