Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:40:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
ECF

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 10:10:14 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 10:25:30 AM by ECF

http://www.ecoinfund.com/images/logo.jpg

Website  |  Twitter   |  Bitcointalk

Hi,DarkCoin Community

We have added DRK to ECOINFUND.(DRK/BTC,DRK/LTC
Multi-language Alt-Coin Exchange,Fast, Secure and Trustworthy.

Big ECC GIVEAWAY before 30.April:
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account and recive 50ECC(ECC Details):
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 50ECC(fee shares) by every retweet before 30 April,don't miss the train!
Pls post your twitter link and Ecoinfund ID on our bitcointalk thread or pm us.
ECF Coin (ECC for short) is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund.
Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECC program. (highest on market)

Happy trading !
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aKIA

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:16:15 AM

Don't loose faith in the Darkside keep up guys
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:24:46 AM

To anyone worried about the price going UP and quickly down back to 0.0014-0.0015, it's normal, the volume and demand is not enough to make it go higher than 0.0025 for too long yet.

It's very easy to make it fall back with only 3k or 4k DRK, because there are so many people trying to create FUD around this coin that every time the prices goes a bit up, weak hands quickly dump, and the volume and demand is not enough to rebuy those and keep the raise, only a few thousands coins make it drop back to the 0.0014 area.

DRK is for the long term, don't expect high volume and/or 0.005+ until June/July, first DarkSend should be 100% ready, then it will be all about promotion. If you can't wait that long, just move on to any other coin.

And to those worried about fairness and thinking only about the investment profit with this coin ... people worry too much about instamine and fair distribution, I believe this coin has one of the fairest distributions ever, but even if it is not, who cares? Someone else might be making a huge profit, but I'm still making my profit, why should I care someone else does 10x my profit? Those who bought BTC at $1 or those who mined when no one cared about it made a huge profit, should I stop buying BTC because someone else is making more profit than me, just because they were at the right place at the right time? Stop looking at your neighbors and worry about your own profit, like any other coin there are whales that bought at 1/10th of current price, as long as I also make profit, good for them.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:37:39 AM

I'm seing 17GH from a p2pool. I'm sure it will drop massively in about  1h 22m 40s. for a few hours... Grin
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 10:49:27 AM

a few days ago DRK was @ 50c each they went up to about $1 now there back to 70c but not budging, pretty good if u ask me...
dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 10:50:44 AM

by the way i bought 8btc worth at about 80c and i ain't complaining this is temporary....chill out
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:59:28 AM

To anyone worried about the price going UP and quickly down back to 0.0014-0.0015, it's normal, the volume and demand is not enough to make it go higher than 0.0025 for too long yet.

It's very easy to make it fall back with only 3k or 4k DRK, because there are so many people trying to create FUD around this coin that every time the prices goes a bit up, weak hands quickly dump, and the volume and demand is not enough to rebuy those and keep the raise, only a few thousands coins make it drop back to the 0.0014 area.

I mentioned it the other day that a correction is possible (and desirable for those complaining they want back in because they sold) because the sweeping of the orderbook was not accompanied by pump-level volumes associated with other coins. It was mostly small orders.

There's also the trading factor: There are short-term traders who spot the declining charts of altcoins and invest in coins that have gone too low for their usual levels. They buy and then sell back at +10/20-30% etc. It's not inconceivable that people who bought at 0.0012 sold at 0.0015-23 for a good profit.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:15:37 AM

Litecoin is officially over.

why do you say that?

A bit of recent X11 enthusiasm no doubt... but I do believe so in any case

Litecoin got big exactly because BTC got invaded with ASICs. LTC was the promiss land for the core principle of BTC, decentralised trust less distributed consensus network, 2.5 minutes instead of 10, all round a much better/stronger coin technically. So GPU miners fled to scrypt to protect their investment.

Come November 13, BTC exploded, taking LTC along with it. The world, myself and my mother found out about BTC. A few million geeks like me quickly understood BTC mining was over and rushed into scrypt. A few million geeks like me almost threw their rigs out the window in rage when, after spending fiat for a 5x 280x rig, only for scrypt-ASIC to hit the market of pre-orders and Gridseeds.

People are starting to dump their rigs on ebay etc, because they know LTC will "die", like BTC, for the small miner very very soon.

In the meantime, everyone in Nov'13 was thinking the same as me... WOW, no .gov, anonymous untraceable geek money, how cool... Well, BTC/LTC is exactly the opposite. It can be anon, but its much more open to scrutiny than an x-ray scan. Its is heaven for NSA

So, when disgruntled GPU miners, the Chinese (and other oppressed...), Silk Roaders and Karpeles (and his ball licking chiwawa) find out about Darksend, Darkcoin and X11, the hash rate will skyrocket. Lets not forget summer is near and the vast majority of GPU miners live on the northern hemisphere.

The real question is, with Darkcoin, why on earth would I need Litecoin for? Its obsolete in all accounts, starting with scrypt. First there was SHA256, then there was Scrypt, now there is X11. Algorithmic fan-club aside, X11 is a dream for managing rigs. Power and heat alone are a reason to shut down the previous algo's entirely, let alone the lack of true innovation.

DRK is the first to bring something actually useful to the table, that is not freakish to understand (ever tried explaining ethereum to anyone?), is everything a crypto-coin should be. Yes, an ASIC could be made for X11, or 13 or X99999^3 - but such a class of computing would equate that of a normal PC for a very very VERY long time.

Darkcoin is like going back in time and starting over fresh and clean, dunno if anyone agrees or not. DRK will explode soon, could even happen before KNC rolls out 250MH/s scrypt ASICs as miners have learnt their lesson with BTC->LTC.

Scrypt-Jane or N are great, but have the same heat/power issues as scrypt. Yet look at Vertcoin's success and rise... LTC miners are jumping on alt.coin lifeboats. When they find how awesome X11 is, they'll have a boner just like I'm having and word spreads properly, DRK will have a massive influx of miners.

So don't go on forum explaining this stuff to everyone, so we can keep the hash rate low and mine big and HODL and secretly buy a Tesla with DRK come Nov'14.

shhhhhh!!

Grin
Great explanation, this is exactly why I long term hold this coin. The future of DRK is epic.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:17:46 AM

there is no coin with a fair distribution

yeah. you tell yourself that.

there are coins with only 0.2% premined.

not like 50% instamined dark coins (50% of in circulation)

also very rarely devs decrease the number of coins just to increase the value of their already-high-number-of-coins.

most people who post and read these forums are knowledgable and smart. they know what you are doing.

Premine vs fair launch = no contest.

Premine = the dev gets it, usually for doing nothing other than cloning litecoin - a practice followed by a ton of shitcoins.

"Instamine" = the first miners who arrived to mine get the coins. As long as there is a pre-ann and a miner, it's fair game. The "unfairness" is not that the dev is scamming the ordinary miners but in that the miners who start first get more coins than the miners who arrive later. (The hypocrisy of those who desire easy coins is easily spotted by the lack of buying interest in the first 2-3 weeks when the prices were like 0.00001. What prevented anyone from buying at that levels?)

Additionally the issue of the coin reduction was voted, as was the fact that people accept the current situation and do not want drastic measures like "airdrops" to "rectify" the "instamine".
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:38:57 AM

I mentioned it the other day that a correction is possible (and desirable for those complaining they want back in because they sold) because the sweeping of the orderbook was not accompanied by pump-level volumes associated with other coins. It was mostly small orders.

There's also the trading factor: There are short-term traders who spot the declining charts of altcoins and invest in coins that have gone too low for their usual levels. They buy and then sell back at +10/20-30% etc. It's not inconceivable that people who bought at 0.0012 sold at 0.0015-23 for a good profit.

True...here is a question for you all.  Larger exchanges allow "market makers" in. They allow trading firms to "make markets". They probably give them a good deal on fees.
Is it possible that they would allow these firms to sell short, using other peoples coins that were held in the hot wallet?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:43:37 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 12:08:52 PM by AlexGR

Price-wise, probably one of the more frustrating coins... Has a ton of potential, yet the price keeps getting hammered down repeatedly. Something not adding up.

10% insta-mine total coins.

which means 50% insta-mine coins of currently in circulation.

which means instant dump by the few who owns it as soon as the price moves up a bit

which means price will not be high for at least 6 months.

to make matters even worse they decreased the number of coins from 80 mil to 20 mil which makes the coin distribution even more unfair.

Yet apparently worth your time to troll. Cheesy

Of course, perhaps your time is just worth very little. The hardcore facts suggest so.

Don't call him a troll - he's right. It would explain what's wrong with this coin marketwise. Every time it makes headway towards 20, no matter how strong or substantive the news, it gets dragged down (I wouldn't say hammered). My question, to Darkcoin believers, and to those who know how much of this "overhead supply" is out there - how long before it's run down?

Is 6-months a likely scenario - is that how much longer there is to wait before the road is cleared so this coin can rise above 20?

Doubtful (for the viability of the 6 month scenario). With the amount of DRKs already sold, and the numbers from the large wallets, it's actually impossible to have a dumping supply like that. As an indication, just a 5 BTC dump every day, or a 50 BTC dump once every 10 days, at 0.0014, for a period of 6 months, equals 643.000 coins. Can't see where these coins can come from, unless the dumper is buying back at lower prices after dumping at high prices..

Actually, I'm starting to lean on the theory that most of the "instamine" DRKs who are sold at frequent intervals are depleted and the whale owners have become whale traders instead. One indication was the >120 BTC buy wall at ~0.00125 which, at other times, would be quite tempting for the dumper and yet it wasn't really touched.

I think what is actually happening right now is that some of the whales who are into DRK have gained an intricate understanding of its market. Once someone observes the patterns of a certain market, and familiarizes with it, then they are better able to intuitively predict its lower and higher limits, thus plotting their moves accordingly. For example if the coin was trading 0.0012-0.0013 for two weeks, one may feel the 0.002 is overpriced - so why not sell at 0.002 and buy back at 0.0014? I did that and I've increased my DRKs considerably from this "wave" of ups and downs. If the increase was more gradual I wouldn't be able to do that though. The spike, coupled with the lack of big volume and absence of huge buy walls was an indication that it would go back down after a while. However there was also a risk involved in that I would be unable to buy back at a lower level, as I've locked myself out during trading in the past (it was the 0.00018 to 0.0005 step and the 0.0005 to 0.002 step).

True...here is a question for you all.  Larger exchanges allow "market makers" in. They allow trading firms to "make markets". They probably give them a good deal on fees.
Is it possible that they would allow these firms to sell short, using other peoples coins that were held in the hot wallet?

Theoretically it is possible but in practice I don't think they are.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:01:40 PM

www.coinme.pl changed the minimum cashout to 10 DRK

Wtf, for me it means 3 days mining to get them out  Huh Huh Huh
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

(...)

thx for sharing your thoughts and observations!

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:15:27 PM

Are people required by law to post pointless whining/bragging on the forums? If you think DRK is so horrible, or you don't like the current price, or you bought some blackcoin right before it exploded in value... go snapchat it to your friends or something, nobody on the forum wants to hear about it.
As a Darkcoin holder, I'd like to hear all points of view.

+1

Yes, there are trolls around.
But not everyone asking stuff and implying thoughts you dismiss, is a troll.
Its likely to be just a person with a different point of view.

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:45:45 PM

There are plenty DRK available to buy, and with the rise of the past days plenty more. Everybody has a chance to hold at least 1k DRK right now. (10k on Cryptsy's sell wall now)
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

you bought some blackcoin right before it exploded in value

uhm no. and what does it have to do with darkcoin??? how would that subject be related to darkcoins unfair distribution and insta-mine issue???

I believe this coin has one of the fairest distributions ever, but even if it is not, who cares?

uhm no. it doesnt. 50% of the coins in circulation are insta-mined.

oh and ALOT of people care about unfair distribution.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:50:54 PM

you bought some blackcoin right before it exploded in value

uhm no. and what does it have to do with darkcoin??? how would that subject be related to darkcoins unfair distribution and insta-mine issue???

I believe this coin has one of the fairest distributions ever, but even if it is not, who cares?

uhm no. it doesnt. 50% of the coins in circulation are insta-mined.

oh and ALOT of people care about unfair distribution.

100% of blackcoin was instamined in the first six days (only 1% more coins per year after the first six days). I always wondered by people care with Darkcoin and not Blackcoin.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:56:14 PM

100% of blackcoin was instamined in the first six days (only 1% more coins per year after the first six days). I always wondered by people care with Darkcoin and not Blackcoin.

I dont know where and how blackcoin subject started. It is a pump-dump coin and NOT related to this coin at all. Once again I absolutely dont care about blackcoin. I have never bought one, or planning to mine it.

subject is darkcoins unfair distribution. If you have good justification of 50% insta-mine-currently-in-circulation issue say it. (this and this coin has 100% insta-mine is not a defense at all)

godzirra

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:01:24 PM

I really don't care about the day to day fluctuations. I believe that this coin has the best chance of going to #2. And if that's the case then every dump is an opportunity to add more. It can be discouraging to miss out on other pumps elsewhere but when Darkcoin gets the attention it deserves then all those who continued to accumulate will be rewarded. Sit tight.

One thing we could do better is getting information about development out to the public in a better way. During the pump most people had no idea what was going on. I'd like to know who is in charge of marketing and how the community can get more involved. Seems like Doge has a very active community. We are idle in comparison.

And this idea that the instamined supply is suppressing the price well that seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy. And at some point it will cease to be true anyway. I am going to laugh at all those folks who sell @ ..0014-.002 when Darkcoin finally gets to the top, at some point in the near future it will leave most of us behind. Just like BC left the early people in the dust. The ONLY thing that can really damage this coin is whether we can get Darksend ready and working in a timely fashion. And it's unanimously agreed that Evan is working hard to get us there.

Now if Darksend is out in the open and demand seems to fizzle then we might have a problem. Until then I'm just looking to add to my stack. Only a few coins will get to the top and stay there. Place your bets while you can.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:01:40 PM

subject is darkcoins unfair distribution. If you have good justification of 50% insta-mine-currently-in-circulation issue say it. (this and this coin has 100% insta-mine is not a defense at all)

Why exactly did you not mine it at the beginning, if you knew about it back then?

MY knickers are in a twist about the unfair distribution of red headed concubines. I don't have ANY.  Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: