Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

He's already seen these thought-out response from AlexGR and others. But he never responds, disappears, repeat.

1. there is not 1 logical answer to decreasing the number of coins.

2. I always respond quoting.

3. when I respond I am a troll if I dont respond you say I dissappear.

4. I am not a troll, I am one of the top darkcoin miners and highly worried about darkcoins unfair distribution.

1. There is, and you would know about it if you read the whole thread:

At some point we saw that the coin was going to drive a lot of miners and that GPU miners would move diff way up, and reward quickly down to something around 5. Evan then found a solution, for diff higher than 75 (I think it was 75, I might be wrong here) use a different formula, a formula that would allow a higher reward (that would also decrease slowly with the increase of hash in the network), so that later miners would still find the coin attractive and profitable (see? this dev is trying his best to make the coin as fair as possible). Once that formula was added soon GPU miners started to join, and at some point there was no way for diff to be low enough to use the previous formula, so it was removed.

Then some people did the calculations with the newer formula, it looked like with the high difficulty (and the halving every year or so), the original 88M wasn't going to be reached ever, but instead something around 22M. In fact, I guess if diff is as high as it's now, or higher we will never see the 22M, not even after 100 years (I haven't done the calculations, just a guess).

So to make it simple, the cutting to 22M was because the original 88M was not going to happen. Different way to put it, if you don't like reading 22M as a cap, replace it by 88M in your mind, it won't matter, we will all be dead before there are 22M DRKs mined, put it in your mind, this coin is rare, 88M or 22M total cap, you won't see more than 7M by the end of the year (if that many), and then it will halve, what means less than 11M by the end of 2015, halve again ... so expect less than 15M total coins by the end of 2020, and that's being optimistic, if diff goes a bit up expect much less. THIS COIN IS RARE.

Next time you say something about the coin, please, read the whole thread first.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 12:56:28 PM

Just wanted to say: I'm confident in Darkcoin's future. It's still a new coin (3 months old!), and it takes time to build a team and get over the learning curve. I'm sure the other big coins struggled with similar things early on. Keep in mind that marketing isn't everything. The stability of DRK's price says a lot -- it's kicking ass, maybe too much! Rapid growth is its own challenge. The darkcoin team will need to scale quickly to accommodate this growth. I trust Evan & co will be on top of things, and I am of course holding on to my stash of DRK. Smiley

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:32:09 PM

think most here would agree that the technological achievements of Darkcoin are FAR AHEAD of the coin's marketing. I think most will also agree with LimLims that such activity needs a dedicated professional person.

I therefore propose the following - from the next fork, X% of the masternodes proceeds will go into a dedicated multi-sig wallet that will pay a salary to a dedicated full-time professional marketing person.

Hopefully, in time, the price of darkcoin will go up, this fund will be able to employ more than one person, and thus also pay the developers, webmaster, etc.
imho, the time has come to become less bootstrap and more professional.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 01:56:23 PM

think most here would agree that the technological achievements of Darkcoin are FAR AHEAD of the coin's marketing. I think most will also agree with LimLims that such activity needs a dedicated professional person.

I therefore propose the following - from the next fork, X% of the masternodes proceeds will go into a dedicated multi-sig wallet that will pay a salary to a dedicated full-time professional marketing person.

Hopefully, in time, the price of darkcoin will go up, this fund will be able to employ more than one person, and thus also pay the developers, webmaster, etc.

I love this idea! But I'd like to expand on it, I think it would be better to go into the bounty fund and that fund would be much more generic. For example, we just needed an icon designed, now we need a website, color scheme, etc. As the price grows, the size of things we need to get done grows just as much. Next we'll need to setup a foundation, retain an attorney to help with legal matters, etc.

I propose 1/10 of the masternode payments go toward a bounty fund for generic uses.

- At current market prices this will be $184.03 per day (259 DRK)

If the price goes to $5, that will be $1296 per day, which should be enough for a full marketing budget, the foundation, a retained lawyer and maybe on office for the foundation?

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:57:47 PM

I have no interest in funding marketing zombies, thanks.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

I love this idea! But I'd like to expand on it, I think it would be better to go into the bounty fund and that fund would be much more generic. For example, we just needed an icon designed, now we need a website, color scheme, etc. As the price grows, the size of things we need to get done grows just as much. Next we'll need to setup a foundation, retain an attorney to help with legal matters, etc.

I propose 1/10 of the masternode payments go toward a bounty fund for generic uses.

If the price goes to $5, that will be $1296 per day, which should be enough for a full marketing budget, the foundation, a retained lawyer and maybe on office for the foundation?

What the christ does a decentralised, distributed cryptocurrency need its own goddamn lawyer for?
hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

What the christ does a decentralised, distributed cryptocurrency need its own goddamn lawyer for?

https://www.google.fr/search?q=how+to+use+my+brain

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

+1 great ideas this is the sorta stuff that needs to be discussed more, i like it
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:06:25 PM

I think it's a bad idea.  If bitcoin had implemented something like this, siphoning off a % of mining profits and putting it into some fund to pay salaries it would have never taken off.  It just comes off as super scammy to most people I suspect. I'm fine donating to a pool to get some of these things done, but I don't think it should be built into the coin.  Besides sounding shady, it would create constant sell pressure and I think a lot of people would abandon ship. I'm a little worried just talking about this will tank the price (like the airdrop talk did).
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:07:01 PM

https://www.google.fr/search?q=how+to+use+my+brain

Yeah, you didn't actually answer the question though, did you?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

I think it's a bad idea.  If bitcoin had implemented something like this, siphoning off a % of mining profits and putting it into some fund to pay salaries it would have never taken off.  It just comes off as super scammy to most people I suspect. I'm fine donating to a pool to get some of these things done, but I don't think it should be built into the coin.  Besides sounding shady, it would create constant sell pressure and I think a lot of people would abandon ship. I'm a little worried just talking about this will tank the price (like the airdrop talk did).

Completely agree. Creaming off the network to pay lawyers is going to have people laughing in disbelief and abandoning DRK in droves. Anyone who wants to fund such things can put their own money up, not steal everyone elses.
jakecrow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:19:54 PM

Evan, you're a brilliant dev who is great at coding. But dude when it comes to putting crazy ideas on forums I really think you need someone to bounce ideas off of first. You must have someone you can talk to IN PRIVATE about these things before putting them out there for the public to go nuts about. I certainly appreciate the forward thinking but you gotta be careful with what you put out there. You absolutely need a marketing guy, but perhaps more importantly you need someone to talk over future plans with before they are in the public eye.

This is meant as constructive criticism so I hope it came across that way!
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:34:04 PM

The "tax" on the masternodes : bad idea for me.
Simcom

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

Ok, I have an alternate idea.  Let's start a Darkcoin foundation.  The goal of the foundation would be to further darkcoin in all aspects (marketing, legal, charity, bounties etc.).  

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to voluntarily donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  If we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:39:06 PM

DRK has a lot going for it:

It's BTC with all that implies, but with privacy, one of the major failings of BTC and every other cryptocurrency. We have the security of a distributed blockchain with anonymous transactions. That's pretty much the Holy Grail right there.

We have a fantastic dev team who are comitted to DRKs future and success.

We have a (mostly!) very intelligent community, not the usual ADD crowd.

DRK WILL win, as long as we don't do anything stupid.

I have NO issue with donations from pools or elsewhere being spent constructively for the greater good, but it MUST be voluntary.

If Evan asks for help (one man can only do so much!) there are many here who can supply it, and I bet most would do it gladly, free and gratis.

I have implemented a sig! I stand by my belief that ultimately, those five words and the inevitable skyrocketing price will be all the marketing that DRK really needs... Smiley

DarkCoin - Security - Privacy - For EVERYONE
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:40:06 PM

Ok, I have an alternate idea.  Let's start a Darkcoin foundation.  The goal of the foundation would be to further darkcoin in all aspects (marketing, legal, charity, bounties etc.).  

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  It would be completely voluntary but if we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.

This sounds like a great idea.  +1
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:42:38 PM

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  It would be completely voluntary but if we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.

+1 Like it too

Moreover that foundation could have a patent on DarkSend and other coins would have to pay a fee in DRK to use it. (fee redistributed to the network or bounty)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

I guess I assumed that the 1% fee I pay at the official pool went into some pot anyway? Or at least anything left after runnng costs.

Simcom's idea is fine by me.

I suggest a publicly viewable ledger of what's raised and what it's spent on, a page on the official website maybe. We have to keep these things 100% transparent and above board.

edit: I still hate the idea of paying lawyers though. What about half the money this proposed (non profit, charitable Wink) foundation raises going to starving children instead? We have the power to do a little good. I've yet to see a starving lawyer. Although if I did it might cheer me up... Cheesy
Simcom

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:52:21 PM

Moreover that foundation could have a patent on DarkSend and other coins would have to pay a fee in DRK to use it. (fee redistributed to the network or bounty)

I don't think that's possible with open source software.  I could be wrong, not sure.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:55:54 PM

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to voluntarily donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  If we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.

That's fine by me, that's actually the same amount of money I proposed above but via donations. That would allow for us to pay for marketing costs, building the foundation, etc. Sounds great.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Pages: « 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: