Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879151 times)
bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:03:28 AM

UPDATE 03/09/14 >> 1.0.11g
Implement prune_nameindex RPC
Reduce nameindexfull.dat to 1MB from 2.5GB?
More Name_list improvements. Very Fast -should be good for 3rd party clients like mithrilmans. see github for more details.

Huntercoin 1.0.11g Windows Download >>
https://mega.co.nz/#!xFtykDiC!vzSAZF7CnpNB8AqKEYjR78RXYupf43edyDbwH9h6fdg
Source >> http://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

Next Step - BlockChain Pruning...
Wonderful job. But older players sill found the size of nameindexfull.dat not change. Maybe deleting nameindexfull.dat and restarting will reduce its size?
BlockChain Pruning is worth looking forward.
bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:08:20 AM

UPDATE 03/09/14 >> 1.0.11g
Implement prune_nameindex RPC
Reduce nameindexfull.dat to 1MB from 2.5GB?
More Name_list improvements. Very Fast -should be good for 3rd party clients like mithrilmans. see github for more details.

Huntercoin 1.0.11g Windows Download >>
https://mega.co.nz/#!xFtykDiC!vzSAZF7CnpNB8AqKEYjR78RXYupf43edyDbwH9h6fdg
Source >> http://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

Next Step - BlockChain Pruning...
Wonderful job. But older players sill found the size of nameindexfull.dat not change. Maybe deleting nameindexfull.dat and restarting will reduce its size?
BlockChain Pruning is worth looking forward.
The command "prune_nameindex numberOfDepthReserved" should be used to prune nameindexfull.dat. The argument should be lager than the gap between current block and last block of disaster.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

People don't seem to notice the potential for huntercoin. Even people on this thread. If huntercoin adapts a little by letting people play the game and possibly earn huc when they do not have any yet, the price will skyrocket and there will be more huc fans than a person can count.

Huntercoin, as far as I know, is the only coin that can be mined by human power, in fact requires it. This is probably going to become the norm within a year or two as crypto gains traction in the third world and innovators try to make distribution more egalitarian.

Huntercoin really is ahead of the game right now, it seems stuck though. If there is support for making the coin more widely available, and easier to earn by newcomers i.e., people who don't have any, I can put some effort into promoting the coin.

since you wrote me on PM but the reply could be shared, let me reply to your pm here too:

from your PM:
If things are changed so that a) any person can mine, even if he or she has no coins, and b) the mining can be done on a minimalist machine, a tablet, phone, etc, and c) that mining cannot be automated, i.e., a person must mine manually... then at the current market cap you would support several thousand people at least. In other words the coin would easily, organically, have several thousand individuals 'playing' per day with very little publicity needed.

hi, while i can agree on some considerations (not all, details will follow) I've to say I'm not part of huntercoin dev, I'm not a decision maker. I'm an indipendent developer that spent thousand hours on my client version to allow users to play better and leverage bot advantages.

about your consideration, i don't think the model you are describing is feasible, here why:

a - if hunters costs nothing, people will create thousand of them, causing the system to collapse and each block being huge. At early stage, creating a player costed 1 HUC and you had 1 general and 2 hunters, so 3 movable characters, and the map was crowded and unplayable, even because of bots. then snailbrain rised the cost to 10 HUC and with only the general, so 1 moveable player, that caused a popolation reduction, game more playable and game faster because less time is needed to parse a block (because of less transactions)

b - for the game to be played on a tablet, phone, etc... a centralized version must be done, or at least a remote machine running a daemon should be available (actually 1 for each user, because daemon can't handle multiple wallets), otherwise the costs to parse all transactions,generate the game state and validate moves would be too much for any "minimal hardware", there was a moment, when the map was crowded, that even a PC wasn't enough and an SSD or RAM Drive was needed to play properly...
if you add up on that that hopefully playerbase will rise in future, it would be a real problem (but here pruning and optimizations will help a lot)

c - that's technically impossible to prevent bot to be used, period. daemon and QT wallet expose an RPC interface that's used to read information and send transactions, etc... so you can't prevent bot being created, you just need to face it. A possible future scenario is that human players play using bots too, that's why now i'm implementing a bot system right into my client.

an ending note about making a live out of huntercoin:
every game state 8 hucs are placed on maps. considering an higher users population ( = > players on maps) this will mean that gaining money would be harder and best players will gain more.

if you do some math, with an even distribution, considering 80 players are playing (this is a very low count, they should be much more to be successfull, something like x100, but i've said 80 just for math purpose) ,  everyone should gain 0.1 huc/block

0.1*1440 (1440=average numbers of blocks per day) will mean 144, at current rate, in $, means ~2, so for 30 days of play, this will mean 60$ month

now considering that in this game even distribution doesn't exists because is a matter of skill, this mean that will be fewer people gaining more and others less

now add on top of that that the costs is 10HUC (could and will be changed in future when player base will increase, i think), this mean that you can actually loose instead of gain (on the other end best players could have a big income)

so at the end you should consider this a game that could make you a good income, or loose your investment, it's all up to you (your playing skill and attitude)

(try to remove from the equation the 10 hucs costs and you'll understand another reason why a player cost is better then a free one)

my 2 cents

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:31:35 PM

disaster has happened and i see maaaany bgb bots out there (at least as name), that have taken advantage of name reservation

i find it very unbalanced that the QT client doesn't have that feature because it give so much advantage to bots... unfair doesn't respect at full the feeling

I'll implement that stuff on my client, anyway it's something that actually has to be fixed on qt client too, even if would be better to remove at least the capability of name reservation, that huntercoin doesn't need
it sounds as a cheat to humans players and to be even, i think that that feature shouldn't exist, let everyone start from the same point and just create a new hunter when disaster strike

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

disaster has happened and i see maaaany bgb bots out there (at least as name), that have taken advantage of name reservation

i find it very unbalanced that the QT client doesn't have that feature because it give so much advantage to bots... unfair doesn't respect at full the feeling

I'll implement that stuff on my client, anyway it's something that actually has to be fixed on qt client too, even if would be better to remove at least the capability of name reservation, that huntercoin doesn't need
it sounds as a cheat to humans players and to be even, i think that that feature shouldn't exist, let everyone start from the same point and just create a new hunter when disaster strike
I can not see such advantages of bots has much value, just attain more hundreds of HUCs in a cycle of disaster. But the monopoly of map of few people, attain more than 2000 HUCs each day for each people, wiping out any new player who wants to mining in big pool, making this game less active.  
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:59:59 PM

I can not see such advantages of bots has much value, just attain more hundreds of HUCs in a cycle of disaster. But the monopoly of map of few people, attain more than 2000 HUCs each day for each people, wiping out any new player who wants to mining in big pool, making this game less active.  

you don't see?
bot created with such advantage are at least 4 blocks ahead, this mean that they can collect all before human players
and when i say all, after this disaster this mean ~45k hucs of coins on the map (of course central one are harder to mine and go back)

about the monopoly, they aren't gods, the are just very addicted to the game, many hours in front of the monitor, you just need to organize a clan and fight them, this is what the game would need, competition (imho)

billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

you don't see?
bot created with such advantage are at least 4 blocks ahead, this mean that they can collect all before human players
and when i say all, after this disaster this mean ~45k hucs of coins on the map (of course central one are harder to mine and go back)

I was playing when disaster happened and tried to create a player right away.  It took about 4 or 5 blocks before he was born.  Certainly an advantage to having a bot set up. 

bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

you don't see?

about the monopoly, they aren't gods, the are just very addicted to the game, many hours in front of the monitor, you just need to organize a clan and fight them, this is what the game would need, competition (imho)

"4 blocks ahead" of bots has not much value. You can see many big coins(100 HUCs to 1000 HUCs) in eight big pools and center pool, but the bots can not get coins in such place. if the bots reach there, bots will all be killed by human, because the entrance is narrow. And the number of characters created by human is more than 10 or 20 times of bots.
billybob2014

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:19:44 PM

Just the coins left on the outskirts leaves big advantage to bots and pretty big chance you will return safely to your wallet.

And yes 4 blocks ahead makes big difference.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

"4 blocks ahead" of bots has not much value. You can see many big coins(100 HUCs to 1000 HUCs) in eight big pools and center pool, but the bots can not get coins in such place. if the bots reach there, bots will all be killed by human, because the entrance is narrow. And the number of characters created by human is more than 10 or 20 times of bots.

ok do this:

wait 2 hours, open my client, search for names that start with bgb and sum the amount they are holding (they are just a subset of bots running atm, just open the map and look the situation)
in the middle there are big coins but FEW, while on the rest of the map there are breadcrumb often > 50 hucs and are easily collectable if you arrive first, i don't get why you are defending that bot advantage..

bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:36:14 PM

ok do this:

wait 2 hours, open my client, search for names that start with bgb and sum the amount they are holding (they are just a subset of bots running atm, just open the map and look the situation)
in the middle there are big coins but FEW, while on the rest of the map there are breadcrumb often > 50 hucs and are easily collectable if you arrive first, i don't get why you are defending that bot advantage..
The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.   
billybob2014

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:45:12 PM

ok do this:

The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.  

There are alot of coins dropped near home. Having a few block advantage will net bgb a nice loot of coins and in a safe manner.  

bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:51:43 PM

ok do this:

The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.  

There are alot of coins dropped near home. Having a few block advantage will net bgb a nice loot of coins and in a safe manner.  
That will make bgb get more 200 HUCs to 300 HUCs, I just say this number is so small.
billybob2014

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:53:55 PM

ok do this:

That will make bgb get more 200 HUCs to 300 HUCs, I just say this number is so small.

Just a quick count of a couple of his RED players shows he has way more than that already and he isn't done.

P.S. - Not hating you BGB you are just playing by the rules.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:05:54 PM

@bigminer

what do you mean nameindex prune doesn't have much effect?

do

Code:
prune_nameindex 0

tell me the size of nameindexfull.dat after

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:06:52 PM

when i wrote previous post, bgb had already 1300 hucs

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:09:18 PM

of course, i'm not hating bgb too, i take him just as example because he has a recognizable name

bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:16:21 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 02:55:50 AM by bigminner

ok do this:

Just a quick count of a couple of his RED players shows he has way more than that already and he isn't done.

I'm not BGB.  Actually after new rules of creating one general with 10 HUCs, the bots are totally suppressed. Then price will rise after bots are weakened? NO, the price is lower and lower.  Maybe the balance of bots and human will helping to activate game.  
billybob2014

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:18:30 PM

I wasn't saying you are bgb, just letting him know in case he is reading. 

I think the price is low just because there are only a few people playing and not much demand for the coin at all, while coins are constantly being produced.

bigminner

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

@bigminer

what do you mean nameindex prune doesn't have much effect?

do

Code:
prune_nameindex 0

tell me the size of nameindexfull.dat after
I have much effect after I use command prune_nameindex. When I run "prune_nameindex 4000" for several minutes, the size of nameindexfull.dat  becomes only 4M, which is really wonderful!  At first I think that the reducing of size of nameindexfull.dat is automatically done after I run 1.011g version.
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: