Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 05:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814514 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

There is great speech of a coach addressing his football team moments before the crucial game starts. I can't remeber the name of this movie nor the actor on the coach shoes, but this is a well known piece because of it's inspiration. well, I've already said this about your words, and I say this again: wonderful text

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. I have been gone for two days and will probable take a whole week just to catch up on what I missed; just the important stuff.

Driving 3 1/2 hours each way gave me a lot of thinking time. I am still amazed at myself on how I could have traveled down that route every week for six years, while I could have embarked in other ventures that could have been a lot less demanding and made me more money.

It boiled down to two words I used as the headline of the lead article I wrote recently for DCEBrief: "Purpose - Mission". Part of my purpose in life is always to use my strength and wisdom to help others who appreciate my contributions and can benefit from them. That was how Smokeys Daylily Gardens got started. I become committed to help a group of people to become successful, including their employees.

Defining the mission and conveying that as a clear and consistent message so that everyone share the same mind-set has taken years and still being re-enforced constantly... " Be the best in class in everything that we do". That might explained why Smokeys Daylily Gardens is one of the largest daylily growers in the world today. And this is only the beginning. We have created thousands of our own unique breeds and once registered they will help take the company to the next level, likely creating a class of its own. By then it would be ten years from the start.

There are a lot of parallels with DNotes and our whole ecosystems. With my skill-sets and experience, it would be a lot less demanding to be an investor in a number of top coins and supplemented with proven day trading techniques that I know. That might be easier and more financially rewarding over the short term but I just don't see the purpose with a mission I could be passionate about.

The more I thought about it, the more I concluded that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. It is a purposeful coin with multiple missions. Our core mission is the be the trusted digital currency for everyone worldwide; to be a true alternative to fiat currency; not as a replacement but as a supplement - almost as an insurance against a total or substantial collapse of the value of any national currency they happened to be a part of.

Additionally, each project we are involved has its own specific mission. No wonder I am keeping myself so busy. This is my second 10 year back to back project. We will be a class of our own one day. In the mean time, we must be respectful of our industry peers and be ready to be helpful when we can. That is how we can gain respect and cooperation.

Among the most important emails I received the last two days, two are from existing coins (one ahead of us in marketcap) and one new coin currently in development in Greece. They are all fans of DNotes. A fourth email is from a someone who owns a very large global funds with many CFPs on staff who often recommended investment of up to 10% on high risk/high reward investment including gold.

Hope you got my idea.  We are gaining ground with great respect. That is worth the hard work and the wait.

Thanks for your kind words, Mati. I can try guessing the message the football coach might have tried  to convey as it relates to DNotes. Champions become champions because they wanted the championship more than the others competing for it. It is about giving it all as an individual and as a team, with a purpose and a single mission, and never giving up despite occasional frustration and pain.

It may be fair to suggest that we have always wanted DNotes to be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide more than anyone else in our industry. We firmly believe that DNotes is purposeful with multiple missions to provide viable financial alternatives to fiat currency; not as a replacement but as a supplement. Ultimately, when DNotes is accepted everywhere it will become the most efficient medium of exchange without the need and cost of a middleman.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:42:22 PM

Thanks for this item. these are the illnesses of a new body before it gets into clear path. my view regarding this normal behavior of community with some differente views is to creat global new economy institution (ege - earth global economy) which would associate all current digital currencies and find elementary rules - to make an orderd economy out of chaotic reality 

It's not news to any of you, the heated debate about bitcoin network capacity continues on. I did like how this article explained the two sides of the issue, so here is a short excerpt.

Bitcoin is on the verge of a constitutional crisis

The Bitcoin community is facing one of the most momentous decisions in its six-year history. The Bitcoin network is running out of spare capacity, and two increasingly divided camps disagree about what, if anything, to do about the problem.

If these two sides fail to reach a consensus, the Bitcoin network could — according to one side, at least — slowly grind to a halt as the number of transactions exceeds the network's capacity to process them. Even worse, if a fix for this problem is forced through prematurely, it could split the Bitcoin network in two and permanently damage public trust in the network.

The argument is the closest thing the Bitcoin community has had to a constitutional crisis. Bitcoiners are trying to figure out who, if anyone, has the authority to make technical changes to the Bitcoin network's foundations. So far, neither side in the increasingly heated debate has shown much willingness to compromise.

Source: http://www.vox.com/2015/8/18/9168977/bitcoin-constitutional-crisis
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 05:07:44 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 06:18:37 PM by infovortice2013

also if is some DNotes job available let me know.

Thanks for this item. these are the illnesses of a new body before it gets into clear path. my view regarding this normal behavior of community with some differente views is to creat global new economy institution (ege - earth global economy) which would associate all current digital currencies and find elementary rules - to make an orderd economy out of chaotic reality  

It's not news to any of you, the heated debate about bitcoin network capacity continues on. I did like how this article explained the two sides of the issue, so here is a short excerpt.

Bitcoin is on the verge of a constitutional crisis

The Bitcoin community is facing one of the most momentous decisions in its six-year history. The Bitcoin network is running out of spare capacity, and two increasingly divided camps disagree about what, if anything, to do about the problem.

If these two sides fail to reach a consensus, the Bitcoin network could — according to one side, at least — slowly grind to a halt as the number of transactions exceeds the network's capacity to process them. Even worse, if a fix for this problem is forced through prematurely, it could split the Bitcoin network in two and permanently damage public trust in the network.

The argument is the closest thing the Bitcoin community has had to a constitutional crisis. Bitcoiners are trying to figure out who, if anyone, has the authority to make technical changes to the Bitcoin network's foundations. So far, neither side in the increasingly heated debate has shown much willingness to compromise.

Source: http://www.vox.com/2015/8/18/9168977/bitcoin-constitutional-crisis

Yeah this auttum is going to be very hard for Bitcoin

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:16:01 PM

Posted the CRISP for Students and CRISP for Employee Incentive Benefits articles on DCEBrief. Please take a look and let me if you have any recommendations for it. Also, removed all the filler articles.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

also if is some DNotes job available let me know.

Thank you infovortice, we greatly appreciate your efforts. When we are better positioned to reach out to the Spanish speaking communities, I know you will be a huge help. In the meantime, if there is anything you can think of that will help contribute to DNotes please let us know.

SEABOND

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 09:54:43 PM

Good day everyone,

I just wanted to share this with the general users here as a reminder of what Bitcoin and cryptos (DNOTES) are all about. While there are a many of us that are here for profits (and there is nothing wrong with that), I wanted to share this video as a reminder that LTC, BTC, DNOTES and any other legitimate currency are really here in order to overcome the atrocities that bankers have done to us. It is a 30 minute video, but it will open up your eyes as to what is really going on with the government, the federal reserve, and banking in general. I encourage everyone to watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

HASH2COINS The Best ASIC Friendly Scrypt Multipool, 0% FEE. Mine now @ http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:25:08 PM

Good day everyone,

I just wanted to share this with the general users here as a reminder of what Bitcoin and cryptos (DNOTES) are all about. While there are a many of us that are here for profits (and there is nothing wrong with that), I wanted to share this video as a reminder that LTC, BTC, DNOTES and any other legitimate currency are really here in order to overcome the atrocities that bankers have done to us. It is a 30 minute video, but it will open up your eyes as to what is really going on with the government, the federal reserve, and banking in general. I encourage everyone to watch this!

Thanks for the share SEABOND, I will take a look tonight. A global digital currency / global economy will level the playing field and put everyone on equal footing, not subject to issuance decisions made by men regardless of the intention, but by a predetermined and set algorithm. That is a very powerful tool with the potential to improve lives world wide.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:13:40 AM

Good day everyone,

Certainly worth watching. Like a handful of life frogs in a pot of cold water with the burner turned on, many will put up with the pain until it's too late.

I sometime wished I could spend time to enjoy my retirement and grand kids, but how could I after watching a video like that. I know the producers might have a self-serving agenda but today's fiat currency values are not much more just I.O.Us. Oh, the best way to dramatize fractional reserve is that they have two chairs for every 100 people, except their music doesn't stop for as long as they can avoid it. What happen if the music suddenly stops. Look no further than the pain and suffering in Greece. Many ended up losing their life savings. Our family of CRISPs are not expected to be the total solution, but an alternative for some diversification, almost like a small amount of insurance protection, just in case...
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:45:38 AM

Guys, you know I don't post economic stuff willy nilly here. I suggest you read this one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/19/us-china-markets-idUSKCN0QO0CO20150819
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:24:30 PM

Guys, you know I don't post economic stuff willy nilly here. I suggest you read this one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/19/us-china-markets-idUSKCN0QO0CO20150819

I have a very busy schedule this morning but managed to give the article a quick look. It has been apparent that the Chinese Government has been much more aggressive in managing their “free market” economy than most countries and there are consequences when there are more issues beyond their control than they anticipated. This is clearly the case.

"We advise strapping in for a bumpy ride," said Tim Condon, head of Asia research for ING Bank in Singapore.

What is more concerning is that the damages caused are already negatively affecting the rest of the world. For now, United Stated is benefiting from a strong USD as a result of the being the most secured world currency relative to other currencies out of a “Bucketful of Bad Options

What DNotes has pledged to do is to provide a viable alternative so that interested investors can diversify a small amount of their investment in a high risk/high reward account as an insurance, just in case of a total collapse as in the case of Greece. For maximum benefits, it is essential to have a disciplined investment strategy; investing a small amount for the long term.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:45:47 PM

Good day everyone,

Certainly worth watching. Like a handful of life frogs in a pot of cold water with the burner turned on, many will put up with the pain until it's too late.

I sometime wished I could spend time to enjoy my retirement and grand kids, but how could I after watching a video like that. I know the producers might have a self-serving agenda but today's fiat currency values are not much more just I.O.Us. Oh, the best way to dramatize fractional reserve is that they have two chairs for every 100 people, except their music doesn't stop for as long as they can avoid it. What happen if the music suddenly stops. Look no further than the pain and suffering in Greece. Many ended up losing their life savings. Our family of CRISPs are not expected to be the total solution, but an alternative for some diversification, almost like a small amount of insurance protection, just in case...

All I can think while watching this... If everyday citizens come up with schemes like this, they would be in jail right now.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:58:24 PM

Good day everyone,

All I can think while watching this... If everyday citizens come up with schemes like this, they would be in jail right now.

“By this means the government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people, and not one man in a million will detect the theft.”
― John Maynard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace

Just saw this quote in the video and I've seen it many times before. That is another key advantage the general public may not realize about digital currency, it is transparent and anyone, anytime, can see how new currency is being produced. There is no room to question issuance or hidden tax.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:58:22 PM

Posted the CRISP for Students and CRISP for Employee Incentive Benefits articles on DCEBrief. Please take a look and let me if you have any recommendations for it. Also, removed all the filler articles.

I haven't forgotten about mine, swamped at work at the moment, first chance I've had to catch up. I'll get you something today or tomorrow as time allows.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:09:09 PM

I haven't forgotten about mine, swamped at work at the moment, first chance I've had to catch up. I'll get you something today or tomorrow as time allows.

Thanks RJF, we have a bit of time before we will be ready soft launch, so a couple days won't be a biggie.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:49:49 AM

William Pitt made this statement: "Let the American people go into their debt-funding schemes and banking systems, and from that hour their boasted independence will be a mere phantom."

I watched the first few minutes of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBSlSUIT-KM, didn't have time to watch, but the link is forever in this forum. It is good news to see that the discussion is occurring on occasion at parliament level. The speaker mentions crypto-currencies at 3:30.

Shocking day for Bitcoin, large sellers are one thing, but margin lenders aren't helping...

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:35:24 AM

Looks like the forum was down for most of the day. Was that everyone?

Holding out #1 position on Cryptsy at 46268 votes, but as RJF has mentioned, we should continue to create a larger gap between us and the next on the list. Thanks again everyone for voting.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:16:09 AM

Holding out #1 position on Cryptsy at 46268 votes, but as RJF has mentioned, we should continue to create a larger gap between us and the next on the list. Thanks again everyone for voting.

I have not been there for a while. Good to know that we are still at position # 1. Agreed. We should continue our voting efforts.

We are making promising progress to be listed on a new worldwide exchange; when fully implemented will make it possible for people to purchase DNotes with over 100 different currencies plus debit or credit cards. Approved locations will also allow for automatic withdrawal from checking or savings accounts. I am very excited about these possibilities and will announce more details as they become available.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:02:28 AM

I have not been there for a while. Good to know that we are still at position # 1. Agreed. We should continue our voting efforts.

We are making promising progress to be listed on a new worldwide exchange; when fully implemented will make it possible for people to purchase DNotes with over 100 different currencies plus debit or credit cards. Approved locations will also allow for automatic withdrawal from checking or savings accounts. I am very excited about these possibilities and will announce more details as they become available.

This is fantastic news!   I have one more very long day and then I will catch up here. 

I'm not sure if it's just me and my tired eyes, but I have a very hard time reading the white text on the DCEBrief headlines.  Is it just me??

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:06:24 AM

This is fantastic news!   I have one more very long day and then I will catch up here. 

I'm not sure if it's just me and my tired eyes, but I have a very hard time reading the white text on the DCEBrief headlines.  Is it just me??

You make a point, perhaps we need to select darker pictures for the background image, change the font size, or the colour, or combination of?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 03:14:07 AM

You make a point, perhaps we need to select darker pictures for the background image, change the font size, or the colour, or combination of?

Yep, I've messed with it a bit. Changed the opacity, darkening the picture helps a little. I am thinking of either having a semi transparent black overlay or orange overlay behind the text.

Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: