Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 02:30:54 PM

That is really interesting!?

Perhaps a polite CRISP for Students e-mail proposal to one of these programs is in order? I have been in contact with my own school a bit here and there, but each e-mail I write requires some 1500 to 2000 words to communicate fully. Luckily, I'm now on school holiday for two weeks - time to pick up some of those DCEBrief.com topics. Alternatively, perhaps a LinkedIN approach directly by DYNA could have a large impact.

It is annoying watching the crypto volatility as we have seen this last week or two, for me it is not because of personal loss in 'wealth', because I view future appreciation in the longer term as a certainty, but because it makes it a little more difficult to sell the idea of crypto to people after having week after week of boom/bust/repeat. This is not unlike what we have seen in US / Chinese markets recently though, the uncertainty and losses being incurred in nearly all markets are puzzling to predict (short-term). Luckily CRISP for students offers crypto to students for free, with the potential to appreciate a lot.

Another great reason to have the DNotes value decoupled from the Bitcoin price.

Glad to have you back.

You have my full support TeeGee. We want students to have the opportunity to grow with us.

As I understand it, on the PayServices platform, DNotes could be traded with anything in their system including any form of fiat, precious metals, other coins etc... However, that alone wouldn't decouple the relationship in price I'm guessing.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:22:03 PM

Purpose and Mission of Digital Currency Executive Brief

Executive Summary:

The convergence of technologies in the 21st century will go down in history as the Digital Age. It is an era of great technology innovation, remarkable productivity gain, massive job creation and enormous wealth accumulation, as well as immense disruption of incumbent industries too slow to adapt and change. At least in part, the casualties of late adoption and reluctance to change can be attributed to information overload and confusion due to the lack of objective, concise, and timely information available.

Convinced that Digital currency is the greatest technology revolution since the internet, DCEBrief is committed to change the confusion in our industry, by bringing issues that matter to your attention, utilizing an “Executive Summary” without fluff and filler. Our mission is to keep you informed with timely, objective, accurate, and unbiased information that encourages both the cooperation of the media and the full support of our political leaders and regulators to help promote and not stifle innovation for the better good of mankind.

Purpose and Mission of Digital Currency Executive Brief

The dynamics of the world we live in are rapidly changing and at an increasingly faster pace. We are already living in the digital age, from a humble beginning when personal computers were first introduced in the late 1970s evolving into mobile computing and wireless communication in the late 1980s.

The Internet, E-commerce, smart phones, online banking, crowdfunding, digital currency, social media and more, are the direct result of the convergence of technologies including seamless wireless communication and powerful computing capabilities at our finger tips, all of which are available today.

We are now hyperconnected globally, with a projection of five billion people online by the year 2020. Some of the world’s biggest problems may very well be our biggest opportunities, in terms of job and wealth creation. One of the biggest problems is the lack of a global currency that is not at the mercy of the misfortune of individual nations, where innocent citizens can lose their life savings overnight. Like the rerun of a bad movie, we have seen it too many times. Unfortunately, as in the case of Greece, it got a lot worse each time it was replayed, with little hope for a long term solution.

There are clearly massive economic inequalities on a worldwide scale. The opportunity to facilitate global collaboration to assist the unbanked as a means to help alleviate poverty, as well as to encourage women business empowerment and more are now within our reach. The technologies are already at our disposal. What is missing is a truly global digital currency that is not owned by a single nation, or a united group of nations as in the case of the European Union.

Most people may not realize that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet as a result of the creation of Bitcoin in 2009. This immensely innovative decentralized distributed consensus technology enables one Internet user to pay another Internet user anywhere worldwide, instantly at near zero cost, without the oversight of any central authority or middleman. It is as convenient as paying cash at a local convenience store and the value of the payment is exactly the same any where worldwide.

This will have very positive world changing implications resulting in a quantum shift in the way we collaborate and conduct global commerce. Imagine the limitless possibilities as a result of improved global economic equality. Mass acceptance and widespread utilization of a trusted global digital currency like DNotes may be the most viable vehicle to accomplish these possibilities.

There may not be a better opportunity for our political leaders, regulators, philanthropists, media executives, educators, business executives and others to pledge a small commitment of their precious time to stay objectively informed on issues that matter as they pertain to the utilization of digital currencies to promote global collaboration for economic equality.

DCEBrief is committed to focus on bringing issues that matter to your attention, utilizing an “Executive Summary” without fluff and filler. When appropriate, we may also include full length articles. Our mission is to keep you informed with timely, objective, accurate, and unbiased information. We will need the cooperation of the mainstream media and the full support of our political leaders and regulators to help promote and not stifle innovation for the better good of mankind.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:35:29 PM

Updated on DCEBrief, as a reminder the password is:
http://DCEBrief.com
Username: dce
Password: Brief

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 08:05:58 PM

Made quite a few security changes on DCEBrief and updates today. If you notice anything that looks out of place, please let me know.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 03:03:59 PM

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

Digital currency education 1.0 for the Lay Masses. - Basically how to get started..

How will Digital Currency and Blockchain in general affect my business? - What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization

What possibilities exist in the future for blockchain technology?

Why should I get involved now? How can I benefit the most by getting involved early?

Key Differences Between Digital Currency & Fiat - Self explanatory, but could be an important topic.

The Future of Digital Currency Technology - This may need to be refined into more specific topics. However the article could give people the vision of what it might look like in 5-10 years and potentially help people understand why it is important to get involved now.

How will a global currency affect your business, organization, or government? - This is a spin off of TeeGee's "What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization"

Blockchain without Bitcoin. Can you or can't you?  Pros?  Cons? - There have been a lot of headlines on various companies, banks, etc stating that they are interested in the blockchain, but not bitcoin.  The bitcoin community replies 'you can't have one without the other'.  I think this could use a little clarity (with a positive spin).  

Current phase and future of mass adoption - Knowing where we are in the progression of mass adoption seems like an important piece of information to set expectation of getting involved today, then leading into how it will progress with a projected timeline.

Trustless, what does that really mean? - A misconception of this trustless system has led to some pain. We could discuss what the trustless system really is.

Reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg12020568#msg12020568
Another point of reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11729364#msg11729364

Key issues in our industry:
-Volatility
-Long term saving incentive
-Negetive forum behavior
-Gender gap
-Ease of use
-Too many conflicting interests
-Attempting to reach out to everyday people
-Lack of trust and integrity
-Lack of leadership both within the industry and at the currency level
-Lack of real world experience - I think this has been the downfall of many currencies

Reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11766070#msg11766070

More on key issues, found randomly throughout the forum:
-Privacy - “Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be.” As quoted by Jon matonis
-The learning curve for safe entry into cryptocurrency is very steep, and a deterrent for most people.
-Fear of losing your coins using an online storage services.
-Sensational and misrepresented media about bitcoin in a negative light

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

Related point of reference, topics for DNotes press releases:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10454251#msg10454251

Points of reference for regulatory recommendations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.6160
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11732747#msg11732747

These suggestions are more 'what the site could include as on-going sections', rather than one time articles:

How well is the industry developing? (compared to other technologies, track investment, timelines etc)

What is crypto's demographic makeup?
(extremely important for business owners to understand the behaviour of their target markets)

What companies currently accept crypto as payment that can help you business?
(listed by industry and location - Professional services, manufacturers, industry services / wallets / transactions - as verified and endorsed by DCEBrief). I believe this would lead to lots of additional traffic to the page over time, and attract participation / advertising by quality industry players on the website.

Top 10 lists... Exchanges / Online Wallets / New crypto businesses / trustworthy currencies / investors or traders / performing currencies - basically, people love those 'buzzfeed' type lists.

Traders perspective: industry outlook, price prediction, chart analysis

Partner investment firms - who actively trade a small percentage of crypto to form a part of your investment portfolio (~5%) on your behalf (potential for a DCEBrief.com managed portfolio in partner with an investment firm)

Economic outlook by continent (weekly / monthly)

Economic outlook by currency (weekly / monthly)

Urgent crypto / fiat currency / economic updates - twitter sized updates posted to a live feed (breaking news - economic / currency)

In depth crypto currency review? (I'm not sure about this one - perhaps analysis of fiat included in traders perspective section?)

Crypto / economic Glossary - (definitions - POS, POW, staking, blockchain, ROI, wallet, vault etc )

In focus: Crypto personalities - Who are the main players in crypto? (interview them - weekly column)

Crowdfunding - the future of investment?

What implications do decentralized systems like crypto mean for political and/or banking structures? How can it improve these structures / affect their relevance? (could upset some top level execs if they viewed is as a threat though... Still, it's a very relevant topic)

Investment log (Who is investing?) - tracking crypto investment from the news, with yearly tracking and predicted final tally.

Daily headlines - With members on all sides of the globe, it shouldn't be too difficult to have this continually updated considering we always have community members awake 24/7 somewhere in the world.

Will continue to post more if I think of them.

The coming change in the job market:  Must have digital currency knowledge and experience.

The race for global dominance in digital currency / blockchain technology.  Which country will win?

Is there anything in the 5 quotes in this article that sparks an idea for anyone?  I think most governments could use a little transforming.  Grin

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregoryferenstein/2015/07/29/former-obama-tech-advisor-explains-how-bitcoin-could-transform-government-in-5-quotes/:

1. Bitcoin’s Tech Could Have Big Impact On The Most In Need
“Digital currencies have immense potential to improve human welfare by strengthening the capacity of governments to deliver more responsive services and secure the rights of their citizens to property, identity and increase financial inclusion…And because it is an open-source protocol for innovation, a wide range of services and products can be built by entrepreneurs and non-profits on top of it.”

2. Why Is Bitcoin More Than Currency?
“Digital currencies like bitcoin are the network of transactions. If you think bitcoin is just for money transfer, that’s like thinking the internet was only built for email – today we know that internet is used for so many more applications. The true innovation that bitcoin solved was the elimination of the “double-spend.”

3. Example 1: Banks
“More than 2 billion adults around the world do not have access to a bank account. Without a connection to the financial support services that typically accompany formal bank accounts, the unbanked have very limited access to the savings and borrowing mechanisms necessary to drive broad-based economic growth.”

4. Example 2: Security
“Today we practice a lot of authentication theatre. Your government issued identity, for example, starts out in a database of a government agency. It’s then printed out in the form of a social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate or passport…. $24 billion in identity theft occurs annually because corporations treat your social security number as a user name and a password.”

5. Are Senior Folks Taking It Seriously?
“Similar to CEOs of large companies and non-profits, I’ve found officials in governments around the world interested to learning about the technology and how they can apply it to address the social issues affecting people in their communities.”

Everyone has done an excellent job with DCEBrief, making further contributions is a tough task. Nevertheless here are my suggestions:

- Security precautions people can take to keep their funds safe.

- Current cyber threats and how to avoid them.

- Polls/Voting on important issues. To gather data for marketing analysis, as TeeGee suggested.

Bringing the DCEBrief topics back to the front. Had another idea to add to the list, sort of like CryptoBroker's suggestion.

Be your own bank: Is bank level security achievable in your family home?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:30:09 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 06:13:49 PM by Dyna

Here is my first unedited article for DCEBrief scheduled to be launched the 1st week of September. Feel free to comment and edit. I am not a professional writer, but just someone trying hard to make a contribution to an new technology I am very passionate about. I am totally dedicated to help build a trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. You all are warmly invited to join force with us. Thank you and enjoy.

Executive Summary:

Although unlikely in the near future, it is conceivable that a merchant using digital currency, conducting 100% of his transactions locally or worldwide could have complete bookkeeping records of every transaction perfectly balanced for any on-demand audit at the push of a button. There would be no requirement of creating a paper trail or double entry of data; drastically improving efficiency. The transaction fees or chargebacks would be at near zero. That is the future of money.

However, historically, large scale changes and mass acceptance of new technologies, despite their immense potential to improve efficiencies and productivity, have taken years, decades, or even many generations. When fully adopted, it led to massive job creation, improve standard of living and enormous wealth accumulation.

Digital Currency – The Future of Money

We have been down that route many times. Large scale changes and mass adoptions take years, decades or many generations as the case may be. The first Industrial Revolution took place during the 18th and 19th centuries. Recorded history witnessed the transition from predominantly agrarian rural societies to an industrial Europe and North America with urban societies over a time span of multi-generations. Many early adaptors made their fortune with the convenience of money as a medium of exchange, a store of value and a unit of account, while creating a massive number of new jobs. The utilization of steam engines and other machineries brought about immense productivity gain. Yet there had been great struggle in many cases where the full productivity improvement was only achieved after a new generation of managers replaced the older generation. Large scale changes are never quick or easy.

The second Industrial Revolution took place from 1850 to 1914 when automation and mass production kicked into high gear. Electricity and fossil fuel became the catalyst for the new invention of the combustion engine. Again it took decades for many new inventions to evolve and gain mass acceptance. New fortunes were made and millions more jobs were created. Productivity continued to improve.

Since the end of World War One, we have been in the Third Industrial Revolution. Within this period we have been witnessing many technology revolutions, causing impressive productivity gain as the result of great improvements in efficiency. Hundreds of millions of new jobs have been created and the standard of living drastically improved around the world, with enormous fortunes accumulated by a relatively small percentage of the population. According to a recent Oxfam published report, the richest 1% of the population controls nearly as much wealth as the remaining 99% combined.

Perhaps one of the most significant changes was the switch from analog to digital technology that started in the 1980s, at the emergence of personal computers and cellular telephones. We are now living in the digital age and almost any thing that can be digitized will be digitized. Get use to the term digital asset which includes digital currency. We should learn to embrace it and objectively gain the knowledge not to fear it. When one begins to understand why digital currency and the Blockchain technology will be the greatest technology revolution since the internet, that fear will be replaced by a desire to learn more and put it to good use.

To a large extent most money or fiat currency is already digital, in the sense that it is recorded, stored, transmitted, accounted for, and posted in a digital ledger.
The banks seem to have finally caught up, as a necessity, in order to remain competitive while attempting to constantly improve productivity. Unfortunately, a closer examination of our current banking system, financial services, and the credit and debit card payment network system will reveal great inefficiencies and risk exposures.

With the exception of cash payment between two parties, money transactions require multiple data entries to provide audit trails. It also requires extra time to pass through multiple intermediaries often incurring high fees especially in the case of merchant accounts accepting debit and credit cards, wire transfers, and cross border remittances.

As Bitcoin and other digital currencies gained broader acceptance, major banks are seriously considering their version of token or digital currency. It is too early to tell how this will play out. What is predictable is that many jobs will be on the line for the sake of better efficiency for higher productivity. The banking system will have their version of centralized digital currency to enable more efficient flow of funds and record keeping.

Bitcoin and other digital currencies like DNotes are much more than currencies that meet the full functions of money as a unit of account, as a store of value, and as a medium of exchange; the inherent characteristics of fiat currency. They are also a global payment network enabling one Internet user to pay another Internet user anywhere worldwide, instantly at near zero cost, without the oversight of any central authority or middlemen.

As an integral part of digital currency is the highly innovative Blockchain distributed consensus and record keeping technology that eliminate the high cost of double entries and the complexity of audit trails. Every transaction is a cryptographically verified, time-stamped permanent record for anyone worldwide to see. By design, Bitcoin and digital currency is programmable money that allows additional data and instructions to be recorded on the Blockchain.

Although unlikely in the near future, it is conceivable that  a merchant using digital currency, conducting 100% of his transactions locally or worldwide could have complete bookkeeping records of every transaction perfectly balanced for any on demand audit at the push of a button. Digital currency eliminates the costly, excessive paper trail with further savings coming from near-zero transaction fees and no chargebacks. That is the future of money.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:18:42 PM

Love the article. Here are my suggestions. Squeeze in no middle man required for payment processing, and payments confirmed and usable from your account in minutes rather than several business days, into the example of the executive summary.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:52:51 PM

Another prestigious school is offering an online course on cryptocurrency through Coursera and the best news is it is free!

Online Bitcoin course by Princeton now available on Coursera

World renowned Princeton University has started an online course on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies. The course will be available on Coursera, which is a leading education platform that aims to partner with “leading universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.”

Earlier, we had reported that Cryptocurrency was also going to be added to the Stanford’s cyber security program.

Princeton’s cryptocurrency course will be available only in the English language and will need 6-weeks of study with minimum 3-5 dedicated hours per week.

In the introduction to the course, on the Coursera website, it is written that “there’s a lot of excitement about Bitcoin, but also a lot of confusion about what Bitcoin is and how it works. We’re offering this course focusing on the computer science behind Bitcoin to help cut through the hype and get to the core of what makes Bitcoin unique. To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level.”

This course will be taught by senior faculties like Arvind Narayanan, Joseph Bonneau and Edward Felten of the Princeton University and Andrew Miller of the University of Maryland.

The first session of the course will begin on September 4, 2015, and would conclude on November 1st, 2015. The course will be divided under the following subheads:

Intro to Crypto and Cryptocurrencies
How Bitcoin Achieves Decentralization
Mechanics of Bitcoin
How to Store and Use Bitcoins
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Community, Politics, and Regulation
Alternative Mining Puzzles
Bitcoin as a platform
Altcoins and the Cryptocurrency Ecosystem
The future of Bitcoin?
The class will also include videos of lectures that will be broken up into 5-7 segments, with each of it being 10-15 minutes in length.  These segments will also have 1 or 2 integrated quiz questions and standalone homework will be available that will not be a part of the video lectures.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/26/online-bitcoin-course-by-princeton-now-available-on-coursera/

https://www.coursera.org/course/bitcointech

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 12:09:16 AM

Another prestigious school is offering an online course on cryptocurrency through Coursera and the best news is it is free!

World renowned Princeton University has started an online course on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies. The course will be available on Coursera, which is a leading education platform that aims to partner with “leading universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.”

Earlier, we had reported that Cryptocurrency was also going to be added to the Stanford’s cyber security program.

Princeton’s cryptocurrency course will be available only in the English language and will need 6-weeks of study with minimum 3-5 dedicated hours per week.

In the introduction to the course, on the Coursera website, it is written that “there’s a lot of excitement about Bitcoin, but also a lot of confusion about what Bitcoin is and how it works. We’re offering this course focusing on the computer science behind Bitcoin to help cut through the hype and get to the core of what makes Bitcoin unique. To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level.”

This course will be taught by senior faculties like Arvind Narayanan, Joseph Bonneau and Edward Felten of the Princeton University and Andrew Miller of the University of Maryland.

The first session of the course will begin on September 4, 2015, and would conclude on November 1st, 2015. The course will be divided under the following subheads:

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?
The class will also include videos of lectures that will be broken up into 5-7 segments, with each of it being 10-15 minutes in length.  These segments will also have 1 or 2 integrated quiz questions and standalone homework will be available that will not be a part of the video lectures.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/26/online-bitcoin-course-by-princeton-now-available-on-coursera/

This will go a long way in legitimizing the industry. There is a video in the upper right hand corner, it's only 1:30, give it a watch:

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:18:09 AM

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?

This will go a long way in legitimizing the industry. There is a video in the upper right hand corner, it's only 1:30, give it a watch:

Excellent find, I just signed up.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:28:21 AM

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?

Thanks, Chase. Great move, TeeGee. If you have time try to connect with the teachers and offer them the free DNotes through CRISP For Students.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:04:49 AM

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?

Thanks TeeGee and way to go for signing up!

I watched the video and I'm pretty sure these people will find their way to DNotes and will be very impressed with DCEBrief!  At the beginning there were comments such as "clear up some of the confusion", "cut through the hype", and "separate fact from fiction", which is exactly what we all believe in and one of the fundamentals of DCEBrief.

I love the fact that anyone can take a course like this from anywhere in the world, regardless of their ability to pay.

Very impressive! Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:30:17 AM

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?

I watched the video and I'm pretty sure these people will find their way to DNotes and will be very impressed with DCEBrief!  At the beginning there were comments such as "clear up some of the confusion", "cut through the hype", and "separate fact from fiction", which is exactly what we all believe in and one of the fundamentals of DCEBrief.

I love the fact that anyone can take a course like this from anywhere in the world, regardless of their ability to pay.

Looking through the material though, it appears to be geared towards coding, and manipulating hashing functions and cryptographic security (hence computer science background prerequisite). It doesn't start for another week, so I'll have some time to think it through.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:52:46 AM

Mechanics of Bitcoin
Bitcoin mining
Bitcoin and anonymity
Bitcoin as a platform
The future of Bitcoin?

Looking through the material though, it appears to be geared towards coding, and manipulating hashing functions and cryptographic security (hence computer science background prerequisite). It doesn't start for another week, so I'll have some time to think it through.

I expect that within a couple of years majority of the universities that offer a major in computer science will be offering classes in cryptography, Blockchain technology, and digital currency. That is where a lot of the high paying jobs will be. I just hope that some of the  business schools will play an active role in that too. This is a very different industry. From a business prospective, I can not imagine that there is any other industry more challenging and demanding. I have the feeling that majority of the people in our industry do not quite understanding the value of our ecosystem. Frankly, without that DNotes will be just another digital currency, Wanting to be gain mass acceptance one day would be just wishful thinking without everything else that we have been doing.

Everything that we do are strategically linked. DCEBrief will be extremely valuable in helping us to accomplish our mission. None of our ecosystem is priced in the value of DNotes, making it significantly undervalued.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

Commonwealth Governments Urged to Regulate Bitcoin

Commonwealth governments should regulate bitcoin to address the risks associated with digital currencies without stifling innovation.

This was one of the recommendations put forward by the Commonwealth's Virtual Currencies Working Group during a three-day conference held in London this week.

After hearing from the banking sector, academia, virtual currency operators, users and law enforcement agencies, the group urged governments to re-consider their legislative response to virtual currencies such as bitcoin and strengthen law enforcement to counter criminal use.

The group, which noted that virtual currencies have potential benefits and could help drive development, concluded:

"Member states should consider the applicability of their existing legal frameworks to virtual currencies and where appropriate they should consider adapting them or enacting new legislation to regulate virtual currencies."

Additionally, the group asked governments to provide education on digital currencies and funding for training law enforcement agents, prosecutors, judges, regulatory authorities and the financial sector.

The group is expected to prepare a report on the prevalence and impact of virtual currencies and plans to reconvene in early 2016 to consider drafting technical guidance on the subject for member states.

View the full conclusions and outcomes from the event here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/276481088/Conclusions-from-the-Commonwealth-Virtual-Currencies-Working-Group-Three-Day-Event

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/commonwealth-governments-urged-to-regulate-bitcoin/

Quoted from the document:

CONCLUSIONS

The Group agreed that:

Virtual currencies have a potential to benefit Member States and to drive development;

The use of virtual currencies has benefits and risks;

Awareness, education and funding for training for law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, regulatory authorities and the financial sector are needed;

Member States should consider developing and improving the capacity of law enforcement especially in the areas of digital forensics and analytics;

Member States should consider the applicability of their existing legal frameworks to virtual currencies and where appropriate they should consider adapting them or enacting new legislation to regulate virtual currencies;

Legal frameworks should address risks and vulnerabilities, be technologically neutral and avoid stifling innovation;

Member States are encouraged to implement the FATF Guidance for a Risk Based Approach to Virtual Currencies (June 2015);

The Commonwealth Secretariat should create a digital repository of best practice and model regulations as part of an online community to assist Member States in developing policy; and

Relevant technical terms should be clearly defined in the guidance to be made available to Member States.

OUTCOMES

The Group resolved upon the following outcomes (the ‘Outcomes’):

to complete a report on the prevalence and impact of virtual currencies within one (1) month;

to convene again in early 2016 to consider draft technical guidance for member states on virtual currencies; and

to continue to raise awareness and develop capacity building on virtual currencies within the Commonwealth.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:58:17 PM

DNotes Price Update:

It looks like DNotes price has been firming up at Polo. Other than a supply to demand imbalance over the last 45 days, there are no specific reasons I know for certain why there has been a deep and extended price drop. The question I wish I have an answer, is where did the additional supply came from? Certainly not form DNotesVault depositor, with the exception of one larger withdraw which would have been  absorbed in a few days based on historical date. I am watching it closely.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:48:06 PM

Im playing with sign code just prepare one exclusive for DNotes, i can add more links or change color whatever just let me know, here is for share

Code:
[center][url=http://dnotescoin.com/][size=14pt][b][glow=royalblue,2,300][color=white][color=white] ★ DNotes-Coin ★ [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][url=https://DNotesVault.com][size=14pt][b][glow=white,2,300][color=purple][color=royalblue]   Saving-Plans  [color=teal] [/color] [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/url][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0][size=14pt][b][glow=royalblue,2,300][color=white][color=white] ★ DNotes-Forum ★ [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][/center]

Cool infovortice, maybe colors from the coin?

Code:
[center][url=http://dnotescoin.com/][size=14pt][b][glow=black,2,300][color=#81e6ff] ★ DNotes-Coin ★ [/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][url=https://DNotesVault.com][size=14pt][b][glow=#81e6ff,2,300][color=black]   Saving-Plans  [/color][/glow][/b][/url][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0][size=14pt][b][glow=black,2,300][color=#81e6ff] ★ DNotes-Forum ★ [/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][/center]

Yeah Good change

DNotes Price Update:

It looks like DNotes price has been firming up at Polo. Other than a supply to demand imbalance over the last 45 days, there are no specific reasons I know for certain why there has been a deep and extended price drop. The question I wish I have an answer, is where did the additional supply came from? Certainly not form DNotesVault depositor, with the exception of one larger withdraw which would have been  absorbed in a few days based on historical date. I am watching it closely.

Yeah i buy all that i can a lowest prices, go out btc doing it XD, other thing is the total hash in Dnotes mining go double week ago more or less, and sometimes hash grow next 10 ghash ,,, ITS REAL BIG RISING securing DNotes transactions.

Cant wait to see open masses DCEBrief real quality web i think is ready to launch. GOOD WORK.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 09:21:56 PM

Im playing with sign code just prepare one exclusive for DNotes, i can add more links or change color whatever just let me know, here is for share

Code:
[center][url=http://dnotescoin.com/][size=14pt][b][glow=royalblue,2,300][color=white][color=white] ★ DNotes-Coin ★ [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][url=https://DNotesVault.com][size=14pt][b][glow=white,2,300][color=purple][color=royalblue]   Saving-Plans  [color=teal] [/color] [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/url][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0][size=14pt][b][glow=royalblue,2,300][color=white][color=white] ★ DNotes-Forum ★ [/color][/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][/center]

Code:
[center][url=http://dnotescoin.com/][size=14pt][b][glow=black,2,300][color=#81e6ff] ★ DNotes-Coin ★ [/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][url=https://DNotesVault.com][size=14pt][b][glow=#81e6ff,2,300][color=black]   Saving-Plans  [/color][/glow][/b][/url][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0][size=14pt][b][glow=black,2,300][color=#81e6ff] ★ DNotes-Forum ★ [/color][/glow][/b][/size][/url][/center]

Yeah Good change

DNotes Price Update:

It looks like DNotes price has been firming up at Polo. Other than a supply to demand imbalance over the last 45 days, there are no specific reasons I know for certain why there has been a deep and extended price drop. The question I wish I have an answer, is where did the additional supply came from? Certainly not form DNotesVault depositor, with the exception of one larger withdraw which would have been  absorbed in a few days based on historical date. I am watching it closely.

Yeah i buy all that i can a lowest prices, go out btc doing it XD, other thing is the total hash in Dnotes mining go double week ago more or less, and sometimes hash grow next 10 ghash ,,, ITS REAL BIG RISING securing DNotes transactions.

Cant wait to see open masses DCEBrief real quality web i think is ready to launch. GOOD WORK.

Thanks infovortice, won't be long now.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:22:47 PM

Code:

Code:

Yeah Good change

DNotes Price Update:

Thank you, infovortice2013. Good to see you. We are very excited to launch DCEBrief next week. This will be an amazing platform to reach many more people we otherwise cannot reach. It will also bring about objective and educational information concerning our industry. I noticed that the price of DNotes is going back up a little. It is still significantly undervalued, so I just bought some more today.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:53:15 AM

As much as 70% of volume of Bitcoin and Altcoin  trades are handled by the various exchanges in China. Yet China does not permit the use of Bitcoin and other digital currency as a medium of exchange. Interesting.  What if the Chinese government change the rules one day and treat it like money. It will be even more interesting.

Bitcoin in China: An Insider’s View
Leon Li | Published on August 22, 2015 at 15:00 BST

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-in-china-an-insiders-view/
Direction of development

....................."The PBOC's official notice, which is the only official policy document related to bitcoin, was issued more than a year and a half ago.

Since that time, the bitcoin industry development trends have become more clear and government policies around the world have begun to take shape. Based on our experience and analysis, we have several proposals for bitcoin policy in China.

There are four possible directions for bitcoin development, and these are not mutually exclusive:

1. Bitcoin as a global financial asset
This is the most significant function of bitcoin today.

2. Bitcoin as a financial tool for improving money transfer
Currently, the global clearing and settlement system is very inefficient; long settlement times, high cost from fees and exchange rates, and high complexity.
Bitcoin can solve these problems, especially in the field of international remittances, where there are already several bitcoin companies challenging older, larger competitors.

3. Bitcoin as a payment network
Bitcoin already works as a payment network today, but relative to competitors like PayPal and Visa, bitcoin is very small.

It is unclear whether bitcoin will ever become the world's leading payment system because of technical uncertainty about bitcoin's scalability.

There is also the possibility that existing payment companies (if they innovate) and bitcoin off-chain wallet companies like Circle and Coinbase may maintain the vast majority of global payments.
4. Bitcoin as a non-financial tool

Bitcoin may develop beyond basic financial functions to encompass things like decentralized autonomous organizations, smart contracts, prediction markets, internet of things and so on.
China bitcoin policy recommendations

1. Distinguish between bitcoin and blockchain technology
The former is a kind of financial asset and tool, while the latter is a new information technology that can be widely applied in many fields.

Legislation in the financial sector should be limited in purpose to preventing systemic risks to the financial system and preventing financial crimes. Regulations must not be too strict, or else the global competitiveness of Chinese enterprises will be inhibited.
2. Regulate within the existing laws

Legislation should regulate bitcoin within the existing, mature financial regulatory system. Secure storage and transmission of digital assets are the core areas of consideration.
3. Observe the actions of other law makers

Observe and analyze the effects of US policy toward bitcoin before making any decisive policies in China. There is no urgency to establish a detailed bitcoin regulatory policy now, so waiting and learning from the US is a low risk strategy which will help form a better policy.
4. Support research and innovation

Academic research and innovation of bitcoin technology should be given official encouragement and support. This technology has great potential for the future. MIT, IBM, NYSE, Citigroup and many other leading finance and technology institutions have already made considerable investments and achieved initial results.

For China to be at the forefront of international finance and academia, bitcoin technology must be supported with rational policies and become a high priority for research and development."
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: