Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 1462 »
  Print  
Author Topic: T20 and T20I cricket prediction and discussion  (Read 188969 times)
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 11:37:58 PM

I checked Abu Dhabi T-10 cricket league's rules and it seems pretty neat, less than 2 hours and match wrapped for good.
- 10 overs for each team, each inning 45 mins.
I heard about the T 10 league but did not watch the match, cricket is getting shorter every year and it might be due to the busy schedule as people are not having time to spend an entire day for a match, like T20 if the Asian teams especially BCCI likes the format then it will have a life on its own like the IPL they might introduce the T10 premium league Cheesy.

T20 or T10 format has a chance to get accepted for the Olympics if the ICC wanted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 04:06:23 AM
Merited by 7788bitcoin (1)

I checked Abu Dhabi T-10 cricket league's rules and it seems pretty neat, less than 2 hours and match wrapped for good.
- 10 overs for each team, each inning 45 mins.
I heard about the T 10 league but did not watch the match, cricket is getting shorter every year and it might be due to the busy schedule as people are not having time to spend an entire day for a match, like T20 if the Asian teams especially BCCI likes the format then it will have a life on its own like the IPL they might introduce the T10 premium league Cheesy.

T20 or T10 format has a chance to get accepted for the Olympics if the ICC wanted.
Same, didn't watch any professional league but familiar with the format as Gully cricket is all about short version.

Speaking of "Cricket getting shorter" English board doing some experiment with "The Hundred - 100 Ball Cricket" I guess they were supposed to launch tournament this year but it got postponed due to Covid-19. In case they successfully launch this "100 ball thingy" and it gets famous then this format seems strong contender for the Olympics as well. ICC can think about it.....

This>>>>

Follow up news on The Hundred Draft. check info and other details from their Website. and it starts from 17 July 2020.

Teams are finalized and surprisingly i don't see big name such as Chris Gayle, Malinga and Rabada. anyway here is complete list of players who get picked by 8 teams (price bracket included).

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 09:10:57 AM

Speaking of "Cricket getting shorter" English board doing some experiment with "The Hundred - 100 Ball Cricket" I guess they were supposed to launch tournament this year but it got postponed due to Covid-19. In case they successfully launch this "100 ball thingy" and it gets famous then this format seems strong contender for the Olympics as well. ICC can think about it.....
Cricket is the only sport that keep on innovating new formats we have T20 which is entertaining and with 100 balls which means 16.4 overs and how they are going to do that . One ball per bowler in the final 4 balls would be fun Cheesy and if the format attracts the crowd then it would be great but more of these shorter formats will kill the test format.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 10:17:33 AM

Cricket is the only sport that keep on innovating new formats we have T20 which is entertaining and with 100 balls which means 16.4 overs and how they are going to do that . One ball per bowler in the final 4 balls would be fun Cheesy and if the format attracts the crowd then it would be great but more of these shorter formats will kill the test format.

Its interesting experiment and surely very innovative idea. All credit goes to ECB...

Rules:
- 20 balls each bowler
- Bowlers can opt for 5 or 10 consecutive deliveries instead of 6.
- 25 balls of power play with 2 fielder outside of 30 yard circle.

** If this format able to attracts some eyes balls then i would like to see something from the BCCI too, may be some IPL version.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 12:03:25 PM

~snip
Its interesting experiment and surely very innovative idea. All credit goes to ECB...

Rules:
- 20 balls each bowler

** If this format able to attracts some eyes balls then i would like to see something from the BCCI too, may be some IPL version.
That is fantastic, the captains will have the leverage to have some tactical decisions on how to manage the bowlers and it is really a fresh idea and it will create interest in the fans, usually batsman tend to play out difficult bowlers but in this format they will be sticking in much longer which is incredible and the batsman will be forced to play attacking shots, it will confuse audience in the beginning but looks interesting.
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 12:53:59 PM

~snip

Rules:
- 20 balls each bowler

That is fantastic, the captains will have the leverage to have some tactical decisions on how to manage the bowlers and it is really a fresh idea and it will create interest in the fans, usually batsman tend to play out difficult bowlers but in this format they will be sticking in much longer which is incredible and the batsman will be forced to play attacking shots, it will confuse audience in the beginning but looks interesting.
Now every board is looking for more audience so applying new and unique ideas so hopefully this will work and attract more crowd the this can go through for many other boards as well and cricket could be more commercial and attractive like soccer and basketball with very less time.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 12:55:43 PM

Around 18-19 years ago... the ECB experimented with another format of cricket called "Power Cricket". This was probably before the T20 cricket established its hold. It was played for a shorter duration. I don't remember exactly, but I guess each innings composed of 12 overs. The major difference with this format was that on top of 4s and 6s, there were 3 new types of boundaries. Depending on the length of the sixer, 8 and 10 runs were given. 8 runs if the ball landed more than 20 meters beyond the boundary line and 10 runs if it landed 40 m back. 12 runs were awarded, when the ball hit the roof (this format was played in stadiums with retractable roof).
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 01:03:38 PM

Around 18-19 years ago... the ECB experimented with another format of cricket called "Power Cricket". This was probably before the T20 cricket established its hold. It was played for a shorter duration. I don't remember exactly, but I guess each innings composed of 12 overs. The major difference with this format was that on top of 4s and 6s, there were 3 new types of boundaries. Depending on the length of the sixer, 8 and 10 runs were given. 8 runs if the ball landed more than 20 meters beyond the boundary line and 10 runs if it landed 40 m back. 12 runs were awarded, when the ball hit the roof (this format was played in stadiums with retractable roof).

That model of power cricket failed and this new model of "100 Ball Cricket" will fail too because the rules of the games are too much complicated. It may be good for the players or the teams competing with each other, but the spectator does not want to indulge in so many complex rules. The current three format of cricket are enough and we do not need to experiment more.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 01:32:25 PM

That model of power cricket failed and this new model of "100 Ball Cricket" will fail too because the rules of the games are too much complicated. It may be good for the players or the teams competing with each other, but the spectator does not want to indulge in so many complex rules. The current three format of cricket are enough and we do not need to experiment more.

Agreed. The ECB came up with a new format, just for the sake of it. The duration is not much shorter when compared to the T20 format, and there are additional rules added which may make it too complex. Anyway, let's see how the fans react to this format. There will be a lot of hype and advertisement, and I guess that they'll get a good crowd response. But I don't know whether they'll be able to sustain them.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 02:09:38 PM

Now every board is looking for more audience so applying new and unique ideas so hopefully this will work and attract more crowd the this can go through for many other boards as well and cricket could be more commercial and attractive like soccer and basketball with very less time.
There is no need to introduce more formats to get more commercial success as they have plenty of sponsors and the media is willing to pay any amount for broadcasting rights.

• ICC Events - $1.98 billion
  • ECB- $1.56 billion
  • BCCI- $944 million
  • IPL- $2.55 billion
  • ACB- $920 million
These are the big players and they get the major share, these are not small amounts to get the broadcasting rights and these amounts are par with soccer broadcasting rights.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 04:11:34 PM

Rules:
- 20 balls each bowler

Well the rules seems quite interesting. But imo there is no point in just reducing 20 balls from a T20 game and having some completely different rules like having 5 or 10 consecutive deliveries bowled by a bowler. What are they going to gain by reducing 15+15 mins from the T20 format? I don't see any proper justification in having such a new format.
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 05:35:21 PM

There is no need to introduce more formats to get more commercial success as they have plenty of sponsors and the media is willing to pay any amount for broadcasting rights.

• ICC Events - $1.98 billion
  • ECB- $1.56 billion
  • BCCI- $944 million
  • IPL- $2.55 billion
  • ACB- $920 million
These are the big players and they get the major share, these are not small amounts to get the broadcasting rights and these amounts are par with soccer broadcasting rights.
Your point is valid but few boards still very greedy and want to do some more then this all so they are doing their best for this as ECB already doing its just because of Corona they are late otherwise this was all fixed so hopefully this out come will happen next year.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:06:02 PM

~snip
Your point is valid but few boards still very greedy and want to do some more then this all so they are doing their best for this as ECB already doing its just because of Corona they are late otherwise this was all fixed so hopefully this out come will happen next year.
Who does not like money, if you compare the top boards the rest of the cricket boards are not making that kind of money, but here the experimentation is done by ECB as they usually do that and that is how we are having T20 , England experimented with it and now there is a billion dollar business in T20 cricket alone and the new format looks interesting because

20 balls each bowler
Bowlers can opt for 5 or 10 consecutive deliveries instead of 6

Whether a fast bowler is able to bowl 10 balls without fatigue, think about Rashid Khan bowling 10 balls on the trot which will be a nightmare for many Cheesy.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 07:02:42 PM

I think you are talking about Cricket Max which is invented by former New Zealand cricketer Martin Crowe and it was not ECB who developed that but it was New Zealand, i still remember getting confused and Sachin playing one match when the ball is hit at a certain area you will get double the runs and hence max cricket  Cheesy and the reason it was not a success is because it was really confusing.

100 ball cricket will be successful if they can make it simple rather than confuse the audience, a new format means new advertisement revenue and that is what they are looking for.

Whether a fast bowler is able to bowl 10 balls without fatigue, think about Rashid Khan bowling 10 balls on the trot which will be a nightmare for many Cheesy.
If a captain wants to continue him in the team for the next match he will use him for a 5 ball spell than burning him out. It will have two sides either the batsman getting comfortable with a particular bowler or force to counter attack if it gets tougher.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 07:21:31 PM

I think you are talking about Cricket Max which is invented by former New Zealand cricketer Martin Crowe and it was not ECB who developed that but it was New Zealand, i still remember getting confused and Sachin playing one match when the ball is hit at a certain area you will get double the runs and hence max cricket  Cheesy and the reason it was not a success is because it was really confusing.

100 ball cricket will be successful if they can make it simple rather than confuse the audience, a new format means new advertisement revenue and that is what they are looking for.

If a captain wants to continue him in the team for the next match he will use him for a 5 ball spell than burning him out. It will have two sides either the batsman getting comfortable with a particular bowler or force to counter attack if it gets tougher.
No one can stop these experiments because this is beauty of nature so hopefully we will have something good from this all because once we have only test then one experiment and we have ODI then second experiment we have twenty/20 and now third experiment may be in future we will have 100 ball cricket or any thing like this.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 08:07:18 PM

~snip~

Well the rules seems quite interesting. But imo there is no point in just reducing 20 balls from a T20 game and having some completely different rules like having 5 or 10 consecutive deliveries bowled by a bowler. What are they going to gain by reducing 15+15 mins from the T20 format? I don't see any proper justification in having such a new format.

So what if this new experiment fail. You fail when you try something new, nothing wrong with that but it should be encouraged. We should not forget that we are enjoying ODI and T-20 because some nut-job did the experiment with the cricket at some point.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 09:32:20 PM

So what if this new experiment fail. You fail when you try something new, nothing wrong with that but it should be encouraged. We should not forget that we are enjoying ODI and T-20 because some nut-job did the experiment with the cricket at some point.
The transition of cricket is interesting, ODI started because three days of a test match was washed out and to entertain the crowd they played 40 overs a side and the number of balls in an over was 8 and when ODI was introduced then it was 60 overs per side and the parallel tournament created by Kerry Packer is what we see now as ODI cricket with color jersey, day night matches and white ball instead of red ball and 50 over cricket.

There is a similarity in T20 version too, a parallel league ICL started T20 league and like the former parallel league the cricket board put restrictions and banned many players and IPL copied everything what ICL did and now it is a cash cow and other nations followed.

Now the 100 ball tournament, lets see how it will progress.  
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 03:27:18 AM

^^
Kerry pecker is quite interesting personality, he and Lalit modi seems same to me in these context. Kerry made the ODI real deal and Modi revolutionized the T-20 format by creating the IPL.

** "Cricket Max" is news to me.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 02:37:24 PM

Agreed. The ECB came up with a new format, just for the sake of it. The duration is not much shorter when compared to the T20 format, and there are additional rules added which may make it too complex. Anyway, let's see how the fans react to this format. There will be a lot of hype and advertisement, and I guess that they'll get a good crowd response. But I don't know whether they'll be able to sustain them.

When this new format of tournament will start ? Will it be limited to England or international teams will participate too ?
As all the sports is on hold worldwide, how can this tournament be played when the world is suffering from covid-19 disease?
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 02:39:58 PM

~snip~

I also do not mind if the new formats of cricket are developed by these experiments. Also this proof that cricket is such a flexible game that one can make many games out of it.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 1462 »
  Print  

Jump to: