Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:57:11 AM

SP30 AC/DC Power Supply unit guidelines - SP30 PSU

from the above i get you need something from the psu cord to the wall outlet and not really sure of this extension needed to the plug on the wall
either 220v or 120v (i plan on 220v) but the cords shipped depending on the unit you get are completely different from my google search

*unless units shipped to USA will have a standard 3 prong plug that can be used for 120v and or a 220v equiv plug*

dumb question...the one cord looks like you plug a standard outlet in to it....(usa type) 3 prong plug...the other outlet all the stuff is sideways --- type

i assume a simple cord to extend to standard 3 prong plug in usa is all that is needed should you want to run the power supplies at 120v/60 in usa
that comes with one of the pair of power supplies i may get?

<snip>
hope the above is clear? may as well be prepared for the extension to the 220v plug for both? (assuming I am from google figuring out the above cords shipped)

Searing

they don't come with the cable anyway, so you just get your own kettle lead to fit your country specific socket. (i think that's what you are asking?)

well looking at this I can't tell

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg7322968#msg7322968

ok never mind i see now...was thinking they were the other way around like a PC and the open 3 prong went into the power units..it is the 3 prong is always
at the one at the end of the cable for you to choose your plug

duh

I was an 'apprentice electrican' like 40 years ago ..thought maybe things had gotten odd at 220v or some such for 220v end

best to be safe..it has been 40 years

( I can however manage to wire in house anywhere I want w/o an issue that much has not changed...but equip ends..well had to ask)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

You can easily plug your country´s specific power cord into the provided "extensions" cords.

Alternatively, you can directly plug them into one of these
http://www.tripplite.com/power-strip-12-outlets-15-ft-cord-1u-rack-mount~RS1215/
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:12:12 PM

I was an 'apprentice electrican' like 40 years ago ..thought maybe things had gotten odd at 220v or some such for 220v end

( I can however manage to wire in house anywhere I want w/o an issue that much has not changed...but equip ends..well had to ask)

Searing

I managed to wire up my old farmhouse in France a few years ago, and the mayor gave it a big pass when he got it checked to pass the building safe to live in.
Dunno how I managed it, I'd never touched electrics in my life. Funny how when needs must, things just; get done!

Did you order from Spondoolies yet Brad? thought you were having a sabbatical from purchasing after your kfc shambles?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:13:47 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 12:24:37 PM by Searing

Moving on to my other lame brain choice NOT to host my sp30 beg of sept batch unit

cooling (upper midwest usa minnesota)

won't come till August ..which gets plenty hot...I assume?Huh (although may have been hottest last year ever)

that my basement where I plan to put the units will not go above 35c (or if i am correct 95F) but ...it could

I got 2 $35 dual side by side temp controlled fans to put in the basement windows (usual 15" by 29" if i remember correctly vinyl replacement)

so (knowing nothing) I assume I can have one blowing air out and other dual fan setup blowing air out of the bsmt for air flow

also fan blowing over the sp30 ..maybe something like this accross the case perpendicular to the fans blowing thru ..just to get the heat away

http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-Pro-Performance-Blower-4900/dp/B001DNGSCM

again the sp30 front would be facing towards me (as you look at your screen) the fan above would be on the side blowing across sp30 right to left (you'd see its side from
your current screen postion)

so would that be enough air flow? to keep the dang thing cool?

I could build a 'high ladder like shelf" and place a small window a/c unit to blow directly on the sp30 placed on the shelf in front and/or still have a dual fan or two blowing
air out as well at the other side of the bsmt as well ..but quite frankly that feels like overkill

I know I know i probably should host it..but sept unit   oct/nov/dec will use the thing to heat the house and my elec rate was equiv to hosting rate...decided to be cheap

(and i do like my 'precious ...er i mean toys..nearby"

likely last hurrah..i really don't see me getting 5k miners next year...prob better just to buy coin...but this year I can still play 'stupid' and treat them like the
speed boat I (may/could/likely/should have) gotten for sh*ts/giggles rather then this seductive bitcoin hobby

anyway solutions/options etc

er almost forgot also will have a Titan in this mix (1250w) with the sp30 (2600w) that is (3850w)

yeah again stupid ..but just have to limp thru august maybe 1/2 of oct at worse

ah the webs we weave when we mine btc to receive ....(should prob say deceive in that i want to receive more then i coulda got buying btc but whatever)

anyway hope i get some replies to this or gonna have a 'cool' sauna in the bsmt in august

Searing

Searing

I managed to wire up my old farmhouse in France a few years ago, and the mayor gave it a big pass when he got it checked to pass the building safe to live in.
Dunno how I managed it, I'd never touched electrics in my life. Funny how when needs must, things just; get done!

Did you order from Spondoolies yet Brad? thought you were having a sabbatical from purchasing after your kfc shambles?

jumped early sept shoulda said sept rather then august but have the Titan in august same diff need to start planning wiring and cooling

Searing

You can easily plug your country´s specific power cord into the provided "extensions" cords.

Alternatively, you can directly plug them into one of these
http://www.tripplite.com/power-strip-12-outlets-15-ft-cord-1u-rack-mount~RS1215/

will probably run it at 220v should look and see if they have an equiv am using the isobar 120v on my oct knc jupiter nice
little unit want to find something equiv in 220v

this looks pretty good 220v wise am very pleased with their 110v version..you look at the unit funny it shuts down exactly
what I want in a surge protector

amazon has this one looks good

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Isobar-suppressor-connector/dp/B00KOHV9EU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402834722&sr=8-3&keywords=isobar+220v

I heard the sp30's are more eff at 220v right? so whatever I can do to help the cause

(Titan and sp30 I gotta be outta my frigging mind)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

Quote from: two wobblegobs
Moving on to my other lame brain choice NOT to host my sp30 beg of sept batch unit

Code:

won't come till August ..which gets plenty hot...I assume???? (although may have been hottest last year ever)

that my basement where I plan to put the units will not go above 35c (or if i am correct 95F) but ...it could

I got 2 $35 dual side by side temp controlled fans to put in the basement windows (usual 15" by 29" if i remember correctly vinyl replacement)

so (knowing nothing) I assume I can have one blowing air out and other dual fan setup blowing air out of the bsmt for air flow

also fan blowing over the sp30 ..maybe something like this accross the case perpendicular to the fans blowing thru ..just to get the heat away

again the sp30 front would be facing towards me (as you look at your screen) the fan above would be on the side blowing across sp30 right to left (you'd see its side from

I could build a 'high ladder like shelf" and place a small window a/c unit to blow directly on the sp30 placed on the shelf in front and/or still have a dual fan or two blowing
air out as well at the other side of the bsmt as well ..but quite frankly that feels like overkill

I know I know i probably should host it..but sept unit   oct/nov/dec will use the thing to heat the house and my elec rate was equiv to hosting rate...decided to be cheap

likely last hurrah..i really don't see me getting 5k miners next year...prob better just to buy coin...but this year I can still play 'stupid' and treat them like the
speed boat I (may/could/likely/should have) gotten for sh*ts/giggles rather then this seductive bitcoin hobby

er almost forgot also will have a Titan in this mix (1250w) with the sp30 (2600w) that is (3850w)

ah the webs we weave when we mine btc to receive ....(should prob say deceive in that i want to receive more then i coulda got buying btc but whatever)

anyway hope i get some replies to this or gonna have a 'cool' sauna in the bsmt in august

Searing

Searing
<snip>

jumped early sept shoulda said sept rather then august but have the Titan in august same diff need to start planning wiring and cooling

Searing

good stuff, glad your experiences haven't phased you - haven't messgd you in a while so didn't know how your thinking is at the mo...
what i've done with the SP10 is found a 'cold wall' - as the fans draw the air thru the unit, the intake end is placed close to the back wall of the garage, which remains cool and slightly damp 24/7 - as a result, the air that it draws in is cooler than the ambient temp of the whole garage, even on the hottest day (albeit Scotland) it rarely goes above 30c on the intake side... if you have a 'cool wall' in your basement, it may be an idea to utilise it, and route the warm air output into some kind of duct towards the open window? just an idea, it works for me (without a duct - the hot air just disperses into the garage and out through vents.)

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:25:26 PM

Any computer device is more effective at 220V as AC/DC losses are lower.

If you need a power strip, buy one with surge protection.
However, these PSUs should include such protection, but better safe than sorry. UPSs will help you continue mining during brownouts, but are really a waste if your power is stable.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:33:56 PM

so.. do people who have already made the purchased get to choose which type of PSU to ship with?

or it's completely random?

Cheers,
QG

Random

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:34:23 PM

Quote from: two wobblegobs

Code:

won't come till August ..which gets plenty hot...I assume???? (although may have been hottest last year ever)

Searing

Searing
<snip>

Searing

good stuff, glad your experiences haven't phased you - haven't messgd you in a while so didn't know how your thinking is at the mo...
what i've done with the SP10 is found a 'cold wall' - as the fans draw the air thru the unit, the intake end is placed close to the back wall of the garage, which remains cool and slightly damp 24/7 - as a result, the air that it draws in is cooler than the ambient temp of the whole garage, even on the hottest day (albeit Scotland) it rarely goes above 30c on the intake side... if you have a 'cool wall' in your basement, it may be an idea to utilise it, and route the warm air output into some kind of duct towards the open window? just an idea, it works for me (without a duct - the hot air just disperses into the garage and out through vents.)

well it may come to the point where i have a couple days just way too hot to run the beasts..will just have to eat it....i do have an a/c unit i could put in a window with the shelf
arrangement ie cool air right over the unit..i guess a guy will have to try the fan thing first and see how it handles it..if i drop too much hash...i can wait and do it overnite (i work
nites) on a day off and hack something like that together if i have to...seems like a lot of work for maybe 2 weeks of heat in sept..but you do what you have to..at least doing such
at nite...i can prob get by with fans till the slapped together a/c unit in bsmt window with high shelf (and or bracket shelf arrangement from joists) is set up to blow on the sp30

re-reading the above may just break down and do that anyway...prob would get more hash out of it...but maybe not running an 8k a/c unit over the top of an sp30 at 2600w
seems like that may just make the elec company guy more happy

oh by the by you can get 'commercial rates' on your elec from the util company (i called) they just come by and measure the devices and add it up if you have enough to qualify
considering i will run both desktops the 10k a/c unit in my hobby computer room upstairs and laptops to monitor such and gpu tower amd miner...and the knc jupiter and prob
have the titan up by then and the sp30..yeah..that should work my current rate is 15c kwh (the util says it is .086 but when you figure taxes and the rest it is almost exactly 0.15c)

anyway the fees are more the price per kwh is less may only save me 2 or 3c but what the heck..something to keep in mind in you guy's area as well

the testing is free (the elec company is like whoha....he wants commercial rates in his house ..this we got to see) anyway if your commercial use is more then your residential previous use they will grant it)

stuff to try

Searing

zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

However, these PSUs should include such protection, but better safe than sorry. UPSs will help you continue mining during brownouts, but are really a waste if your power is stable.

UPS for 1.5KW or 3.3KW will never ROI by mining on blackouts.
zvisha

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:40:13 PM

For SP10 what kind of spec power cord do we need?
A normal PC power cord, which you can get for around 2$ usually.

But you need a 16A cord if you have 110V and want to overclock the 1100W limitation.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:41:50 PM

so far I think I'll get this one the 120v version has been flawless on my jupiter knc miner from october 2013

this version 220v is likely what i will order

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Isobar-suppressor-connector/dp/B00KOHV9EU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402834722&sr=8-3&keywords=isobar+220v

but i think this 220v version should be enough for an sp30 will also get a 120v version for the Titan (1250w) from knc have coming (yeah laugh...got it
before knc went off the rails and went weird ...no refund..bitcoin always 'living dangerously')

well likely should not have gotten the sp30 shoulda/coulda just bought coin..but likely I will ROI on it..but alas I doubt any major miner purchase
next year 2015.may get some $1K usd asic toy next year but looks like big purchases for equp may be out of my realm by next year or so it seems

this year my last hurrah so to speak (bang or bust i should say..shudder)

anyway so it goes

Searing

raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:43:52 PM

<snip>
the testing is free (the elec company is like whoha....he wants commercial rates in his house ..this we got to see) anyway if your commercial use is more then your residential previous use they will grant it)

stuff to try

Searing

I manage to get 11.6p/KwH due to the fact i'm running my rigging at my old mums and she gets pensioners rates - UK is pricey for almost everything related to living and breathing, not to mention utilities. Scotland is going through that 'upgrade to green energy phase' and guess what? the average homeowner gets the honour of paying for it all in higher taxes. I'd never get commercial rates for my home, but I'd consider renting a small commercial premises, if I can raise some capital to get some kind of mining outfit off the ground. Wouldn't want to do it unless I can raise the initial outlay cash myself though.
Trying to put a business plan drawn up... i must be out of my mind lol

zvisha

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:43:58 PM

Take a lookt at my sp10 Smiley

http://i61.tinypic.com/2q246ma.png

Also, i have a suggestion: You could add a button to the UI to switch pools from the ones in the list.

Nearly as good as my SP10 Tongue
+1 for the idea about switching pools easier, since you need to get off ghash lol

Yeah, but it always is a pain to switch everything in the pool settings thing so i thought a button "switch to this pool" would be nice.

You wouldn´t have to wait for the whole cgminer to restart again either.

You will till need to restart, unless we call cgminer API from minepeon to update wallet too. Sorry guys, but I don't think I can prioritise this high with all the other things we develop at this time. But if you want to do it in minepeon repository I will push it in, just send me the patch.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:45:44 PM

UPS for 1.5KW or 3.3KW will never ROI by mining on blackouts.

I never have a blackout...and if I do have one the price for 220v UPS is much more then the 1x or 2x a year I may have one

brownouts may have happened but the isobar 8 120v i got from amazon (8 port) for like 70 bucks has solved that prob never goes down (unless i bump the table even brush it)

but a UPS for like what 4K watts of equip...heck not sure it is worth the $$$ been running my equip since oct only time down is when i again bump the table

but maybe such a UPS is not that expensive? recommendations?

thats what i'm doing with these posts fishing for info

(all you old gpu guys have to know something about this and heat right lol) Wink

Searing

again trying to stay on topic here heat elec surge protection all relate to sp30 install in home don't ya know

raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:48:10 PM

Also, i have a suggestion: You could add a button to the UI to switch pools from the ones in the list.

+1 for the idea about switching pools easier, since you need to get off ghash lol

Yeah, but it always is a pain to switch everything in the pool settings thing so i thought a button "switch to this pool" would be nice.

You will till need to restart, unless we call cgminer API from minepeon to update wallet too. Sorry guys, but I don't think I can prioritise this high with all the other things we develop at this time. But if you want to do it in minepeon repository I will push it in, just send me the patch.

well, it's not essential, more of an ease of use thing, than a necessity. i finally got round to plugging in the microSD and upgrading the f/w today.
Excellent work Zvi, thanks again for everything you do for us.

jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:10:14 PM by jedimstr

Doesn't the more recent Minepeon revision on the master branch do this?  I know I have this exact option on the status screen of my RaspPi Minepeon controller for some of my rigs.  You can temporarily (at least until reboot) switch to another pool on the list with Green arrows next to each non-primary/active pool. Don't remember which version of Minepeon MineForeman introduced the feature.

Then again, I am running an old beta version of 0.2.4.6

simon2110

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:38:12 PM

How long to get the host mining after buying the SP30 ?

Hosting will start after your physical device will be manufactured in September.

I thought the SP30 did not need hosting service to work?
I thought the hosting service was useful while waiting for the pre-order?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

How long to get the host mining after buying the SP30 ?

Hosting will start after your physical device will be manufactured in September.

I thought the SP30 did not need hosting service to work?
I thought the hosting service was useful while waiting for the pre-order?

I don't understand you. SP30 can be either physically shipped to you or hosted in a US datacenter.
Hosting is available after your unit is built. You don't get cloud hosting until your unit is shipped. I think you misunderstood the whole hosting deal.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:12:54 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 06:00:49 PM by Biodom

SP30 AC/DC Power Supply unit guidelines - SP30 PSU

Thanks, but why C-14 as a plug instead of Nema 5-15 if you have only 1200W? Nema 5-15 is rated up to 12A constant current if I am not mistaken, which should be OK.
Just an additional headache and expense to find C13-nema 5-15p or 5-20p cord. It's not like they are laying around.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:15:09 PM

RoadStress I've always wondered since you are a bitcoin mining tycoon, how much hashrate do you have right now?  The way you talk I am sure you have to have 30-40TH/s at least?  I remember awhile back you had 2 SP10s right what else do you have running?  How many SP30's do you have on order now?  Was trying to do some numbers because the way you make things sound the 17-19TH/s I had running 3 months ago making 1.5+ btc a day is going to be not NOTHING compared to running a single SP30.  Which if I took delivery in mid July may make 2btc a jump if we don't see another jump above 11% until then.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: