Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:39:14 AM

There are plenty of ROI calculators out there. Some let you input all sorts of data and you'll be able to exactly see if any miner will make its money back. While there are some variables which we don't know the exact numbers, most of the time breaking even is much harder than it was 1-2 years ago. Tips to making sure you ROI:
Don't pre-order
Get a discount on the hardware
Don't host it
Try for free electricity
Keep the rig running efficiently. (clean those fan blades)

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:33:19 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 05:43:56 AM by Collider

Don't host it
Even in the US, there are hosting options below residential power rates of atleast half of the states.

Also, please explain to me how you expect the exponential increase of deployed hardware to work, without exponential price increase of BTC and at a fixed amount of generated bitcoin (which is actually decreasing).

Unless somebody builds the uber miner in his basement, with virtually no NRE he would still need to get either a MASSIVE loan or huge investments in order to even get 5PH, let alone the amount needed for exponential growth.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:02:58 AM

In order for the SP30 to become non-profitable, it has to mine less then 100$ a month.

Before we worry about end of life recovery of operating costs, we need to worry about recovering the capital costs.

It is very unlikely that the September SP30 will ever pay for itself before it operates in the red.

I am talking science to you but you are just trying to hypnotise me by repeating "it will never ROI". If you don't start talking sense I will have to stop answering.

Ok Zvisha, please answer the question I posed for Guy earlier. Please present the case for Sept. SP30 customers recovering the cost of their purchase. Identify any assumptions you make about network difficulty or other factors and provide a reasonable rationale for them.

I know you are a rational man, now is your chance to show us how the Sept SP30 is likely to recover its cost.

I am not SP marketing and this is just my private opinion.
I don't expect the network to significantly grow beyond 300PH. There is no new technology that will allow that that will ROI. People will have to invest same money into HW that they did in last year, but they will not get the same profit. I don't see people creating hundreds of PHs in the next 6 months.

er don't mean to rain on the parade..but that means (likely imho) that the beg of sept 2014 sp30 I have ordered will be basically a large 'door stop' by say December (the elec use at 15c kwh here....so essentially a "Lot" of the equip end of summer and beginning of fall will not ROI ...due to the simple fact that every one shot their "load' then and no $$ nor any real reason vs say btc price by december to get miners...ie all the lemmings (equip purchases in that time frame) have essentially went 'lemming' and jumped off the cliff at that same time?

(off i go with the thundering herd over the cliff..the freeddom of free flying lemmings)

thus your point is ..with no 'real' equip purchases after that point due to difficulty ...all will level off at that point in that buying equipment as a home user will be dead?

again not a slam but enlighten please (i have no ego left go to it) and er perhaps i am too harsh but hardly comforted in the fact it will level off 'difficulty' wise with the early demise of my sp30 due to the amount of equipment hitting the skids....(ie home mining is dead vs return..long live large PH farms)

if what I say has any truth...well that is pretty much how i time my investments ...the tail end of the dog..so I guess it makes sense

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:14:11 AM

In order for the SP30 to become non-profitable, it has to mine less then 100$ a month.

Before we worry about end of life recovery of operating costs, we need to worry about recovering the capital costs.

It is very unlikely that the September SP30 will ever pay for itself before it operates in the red.

I am talking science to you but you are just trying to hypnotise me by repeating "it will never ROI". If you don't start talking sense I will have to stop answering.

Ok Zvisha, please answer the question I posed for Guy earlier. Please present the case for Sept. SP30 customers recovering the cost of their purchase. Identify any assumptions you make about network difficulty or other factors and provide a reasonable rationale for them.

I know you are a rational man, now is your chance to show us how the Sept SP30 is likely to recover its cost.

I don't expect the network to significantly grow beyond 300PH. There is no new technology that will allow that that will ROI. People will have to invest same money into HW that they did in last year, but they will not get the same profit. I don't see people creating hundreds of PHs in the next 6 months.

er don't mean to rain on the parade..but that means (likely imho) that the beg of sept 2014 sp30 I have ordered will be basically a large 'door stop' by say December (the elec use at 15c kwh here....so essentially a "Lot" of the equip end of summer and beginning of fall will not ROI ...due to the simple fact that every one shot their "load' then and no $$ nor any real reason vs say btc price by december to get miners...ie all the lemmings (equip purchases in that time frame) have essentially went 'lemming' and jumped off the cliff at that same time?

(off i go with the thundering herd over the cliff..the freeddom of free flying lemmings)

again not a slam but enlighten please (i have no ego left go to it)

Searing

Mate, you are not averse to mining alts. I'm doing pretty nicely on my coin of choice at the moment with an SP10 and 2 x BFL singles.
i'm outperforming BTC by quite a bit - however there will still be blinkered and unimaginative trolls flooding the thread here demanding to know about ROI and some of us will still get swept up by it - that's the entire purpose of a troll, to spread FUD and limit business.

I'll say it again, while the SP30 still sells at $5k, it's a profitable investment, whether that is a fact which is appreciated or not, is not really my concern.
It just shows that some people are unable to do the slightest bit of research and will always remain blinkered and narrow minded.
Yes, cash out to BTC at every chance you get, by all means - doesn't mean you are shackled and bound to mine BTC - which some seem to be.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:20:05 AM

again not a slam but enlighten please (i have no ego left go to it)

Searing

Mate, you are not averse to mining alts. I'm doing pretty nicely on my coin of choice at the moment with an SP10 and 2 x BFL singles.
i'm outperforming BTC by quite a bit - however there will still be blinkered and unimaginative trolls flooding the thread here demanding to know about ROI and some of us will still get swept up by it - that's the entire purpose of a troll, to spread FUD and limit business.

I'll say it again, while the SP30 still sells at $5k, it's a profitable investment, whether that is a fact which is appreciated or not, is not really my concern.
It just shows that some people are unable to do the slightest bit of research and will always remain blinkered and narrow minded.
Yes, cash out to BTC at every chance you get, by all means - doesn't mean you are shackled and bound to mine BTC - which some seem to be.

ok i will bite...i guess we are still on topic here if we talk about spondoolies equip and alt sha 256 coins....so enlighten me ( i have a soon to be old and decrepit 550 gh jupiter that will likely need to go to an alt sha 256 soon in that the hamsters are gonna start falling out of the gerbil wheels soon with the difficulty increases coming on btc

(always here to get schooled....i know squat at one time i bought from BFL shudder the horror)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:21:40 AM

I'll say it again and again and again and again, while the SP30 still sells at $5k, it's a profitable investment, whether that is a fact which is appreciated or not, is not really my concern. Just buy it now without thinking using my affiliate link.

I'd suggest everyone do their own research and ignore people trying to sell you overpriced hardware like raskul.

Also everyone should know that anyone who "guarantees" profit is talking out of their ass. Preordering is a gamble. Nobody know the next weeks difficulty let alone the next 6.
raskul

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:25:50 AM

I'll say it again and again and again and again, while the SP30 still sells at $5k, it's a profitable investment, whether that is a fact which is appreciated or not, is not really my concern. Just buy it now without thinking using my affiliate link.

I'd suggest everyone do their own research and ignore people trying to sell you overpriced hardware like raskul.

mate, it's selling. trolling and FUDing to get Spondoolies to lower their prices is futile. why would they? if the hardware is selling at retail price.
do your research.  Cheesy

Also everyone should know that anyone who "guarantees" profit is talking out of their ass. Preordering is a gamble. Nobody know the next weeks difficulty let alone the next 6.

again putting words into people's mouths. remind this thread where anyone made such guarantees?
here is what I say - for your benefit - don't invest more than you can afford to lose (going by your past history - you will likely lose it!)
Got your AM divs yet? No? oh. oops.

as I remarked, blinkered and shackled to narrowmindedness.

jimmothy

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:32:51 AM

mate, it's selling. trolling and FUDing to get Spondoolies to lower their prices is futile. why would they? if the hardware is selling at retail price.
do your research.  Cheesy

Is it really selling at that price? Even the group buy with $700 off only has 100 preorders. I imagine most people don't pay the advertised price.

How many sp30 have you sold at retail price?

again putting words into people's mouths. remind this thread where anyone made such guarantees?

while the SP30 still sells at $5k, it's a profitable investment, whether that is a fact which is appreciated or not, is not really my concern.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:39:08 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 06:50:44 AM by Collider

Jimmothy pls stop spamming the thread with whining about hardware price.

If September comes and hardware isn´t sold, there will be a new price.
jimmothy

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

trollish rambling

nice that some of us can remark $440,000 as an 'only' amount.
you really are clueless. carry on.

100 units is incredibly small compared to their goal of 3000/month.
raskul

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:40:27 AM

trollish rambling

nice that some of us can remark $440,000 as an 'only' amount.
you really are clueless. carry on.

100 units is incredibly small compared to their goal of 3000/month.

AM have totally hijacked your funds, your teenage angst would be better placed directed towards them  Wink
Spondoolies will reach their goal, AM will not.

anyone see what's happening here?

raskul

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:11:13 AM

If September comes and hardware isn´t sold, there will be a new price.

I think there is more than one factor which will dictate this, and currently, none of those factors are foreseeable.

What we know- Spondoolies are proving to have the most reliable and efficient rigs on the market, this is a fact which is being displayed and acknowledged by the big players in the game at the moment. Sp-Tech will go from strength to strength and once that 6TH/s beast is unleashed, and people start mining with it - it will sell itself, most likely at retail value, whether it's owner is mining btc, or a.n.othercoin.

What Spondoolies did with group buys on the forum was simply to service veteran (!?) miners - introducing a new product at a very low price to give us a chance to get the rigs cheaper than retail. I am very appreciative of this, although others choose not to recognise it. Even the final batch of SP10 sold out without a low priced group buy. Spondoolies didn't need to do all they have done to service our mining needs at the prices they have proffered.

What a few people seem to be complaining about here is nothing to do with Spondoolies - and where there remains no outlet to vent frustration regarding btc difficulty / btc price, hardware manufacturers are the ones who are given the abuse over it.

This is very similar to the car buyer ranting at Ford, because the price of diesel has risen - it makes no sense whatsoever.

jimmothy

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:21:29 AM

Spondoolies are proving to have the most reliable and efficient rigs on the market, this is a fact which is being displayed and acknowledged by the big players in the game at the moment

Most reliable (+-10%)

And I thought bitfury made the most efficient rigs?

This is very similar to the car buyer ranting at Ford, because the price of diesel has risen - it makes no sense whatsoever.

It's more like if ford sold non-refundable preorders for a concept of a car which will end up selling for half the price you paid at every ford dealership once it finally comes out.
raskul

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:23:17 AM

teenage angst due to still not receiving one's AM divs

right then. it has been previously said:

If you do not like the manufacturer or their product, please do not post on their thread.
you make the community look untidy with your incoherences and idiosyncrasies.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:49:22 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:18:17 PM by ckolivas

If you do not like the manufacturer or their product, please do not post on their thread.

*cough*

Perhaps everyone, including the manufacturers themselves, and even the poster above should take heed of this advice.

To be fair however, it seems like everyone else's main hardware thread is fair game for debate about all and sundry topics that touch on the companies products, performance, customer service, ethics, politics, personal predilections etc etc etc ad-nauseam-infinitum.

You can't have it both ways, a journalist should understand that. This is a forum, it is designed to generate debate and conversations about the topics started.

As a purchaser of KnC, Bitmain, Dragons, Spondoolies, BFL, AM, and some lucky near misses with Hashfast, Cointerra, Bitmine and various other scams, I feel balanced enough in my hardware affiliations to be sick to the teeth of the infighting and bitching that goes on in here.

Please feel free to moderate this off topic reply and the post its replying to.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:05:19 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:18:29 PM by ckolivas

hop off your high horse - manufacturer threads are 100% fair game for [reasonable] criticisms and complints.

The SP-10 is a great (but noisy) machine. The SP-30 looks very promising and should be useful for at least 8-12 months minimum due to its class-leading efficiency. However, $5,000 is a little steep - particularly for a preorder - and I would not invest in one until it is shipping in under 2 weeks from payment.

Bitcoin is volatile right now. Within the next week both bitmain and asicminer producers (rockminer and btcgarden) will be in feirce competition and will be fighting to get thier respective 0.8w/gh and 1.1w/gh products down into the $1/GH range. Between then and the SP30 september batch it is likely that difficulty will almost double.

*as a side note - raskul is free to resell SP30 preorders at retail prices, but it should be obvious he is probably getting a 15% or better cut for bulk ordering like that. If you want to pay $5K for an SP30 buy it direct from spondoolies*

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
raskul

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:08:55 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:18:46 PM by ckolivas

hop off your high horse - manufacturer threads are 100% fair game for [reasonable] criticisms and complints.

*as a side note - raskul is free to resell SP30 preorders at retail prices, but it should be obvious he is probably getting a 15% or better cut for bulk ordering like that. If you want to pay $5K for an SP30 buy it direct from spondoolies*

Way off. Not even close. Feel free to speculate on subjects which you have some knowledge in.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:03:56 PM

Spondoolies are proving to have the most reliable and efficient rigs on the market, this is a fact which is being displayed and acknowledged by the big players in the game at the moment

Most reliable (+-10%)

And I thought bitfury made the most efficient rigs?

It's more like if ford sold non-refundable preorders for a concept of a car which will end up selling for half the price you paid at every ford dealership once it finally comes out.
Spot on.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:11:16 PM

R E S E R V E D
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:12:01 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 01:24:01 PM by s1gs3gv

Spot on.

Exactly.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: