Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:07:53 PM

A man who had wasted his fortune had nothing left but the clothes he wore. On seeing a swallow one Spring morning he decided the weather would be warmer, so he sold his coat. The weather however turned colder the next day and killed the swallow. When the shivering man saw the dead swallow he moaned, "Thanks to you I am freezing."

The moral of this story, which the FUDders must understand, if the man had a Vericoin VISA card he could buy a new coat.

Yup with several options including a new debit card.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:12:01 PM

1. Why should I take the risk of using vericoin if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

wow, you don't even know how much fee PayPal charges for their randomly freezing money system.
Everybody with 5 fingers on his hand should understand that you are just talking trash.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:13:54 PM

A man who had wasted his fortune had nothing left but the clothes he wore. On seeing a swallow one Spring morning he decided the weather would be warmer, so he sold his coat. The weather however turned colder the next day and killed the swallow. When the shivering man saw the dead swallow he moaned, "Thanks to you I am freezing."

The moral of this story, which the FUDders must understand, if the man had a Vericoin VISA card he could buy a new coat.

Fully agree. Not to mention, using the VeriCoin VISA card the man could bring back the swallow from the dead. The FUDders don't get it how useful is the Vericoin VISA card.
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:16:41 PM

Fully agree. Not to mention, using the VeriCoin VISA card the man could bring back the swallow from the dead. The FUDders don't get it how useful is the Vericoin VISA card.

They can bring bird back to life?. Any chance you could explain if you can veri interested.

luisb

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

1. Why should I take the risk of using vericoin if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

wow, you don't even know how much fee PayPal charges for their randomly freezing money system.
Everybody with 5 fingers on his hand should understand that you are just talking trash.

Well I have always used Paypal and never payed a cent for doing so... no idea what you´re talking about. Could you explain me what "randomly freezing money system" is about instead of trolling and insulting...

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:42:21 PM

Well I have always used Paypal and never payed a cent for doing so... no idea what you´re talking about. Could you explain me what "randomly freezing money system" is about instead of trolling and insulting...

It’s free to use PayPal to send or receive money between friends and family in the UK, as long as the payment is funded by a debit card, bank account or PayPal balance, and no currency conversion is involved.
If you fund the payment using a credit card or make an international transfer, we charge you or, in some cases, the recipient a small fee. A currency conversion fee may also apply.
We think that’s pretty fair.

This is just the UK terms conveniently placed to say we do this great reward SCHEME.

what you don't see straight away are costs in figures/numbers just text and misleading promotional speel.

I seldom use it for family use, think this is more of a bragging right than it serves, unless your sending to family all year long, and before you hit the max allowance of roughly 4.500£ worth of transactions when your promptly reminded its there duty to inform the inland revenue of your earnings.

Sending or receiving money between friends and family within the UK :Free for payments when the payment is funded by the sender’s PayPal balance, bank account or debit card. If you use a credit card, a fee of 3.4% + 20p applies. The sender usually chooses who pays the fee.
Sending or receiving money to/from friends and family outside the UK :
A small fee applies to cross-border payments, depending on where the sender and the recipient are based and how the payment is funded.
The sender usually chooses who pays the fee.
Sending or receiving money between friends and family within the UK (in foreign currencies) :Currency conversion fees apply. If you are using a credit or debit card, a fee of 3.4% + 20p will also apply.

Sellers Fees are also applied.

Look harder there are lots of fees. : (

ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

After two minutes of searching on Google, I think this is some of what he was talking about:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/1rkkd7/paypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/09/paypal-freezes-45000-of-mailpiles-crowdfunded-dollars/

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/paypal-protonmail-freeze/

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:54:45 PM

@DEVS: The community has been asking for the FORUM button on the wallet to lead to a moderated thread. Is it possible to provide this? Thanks.

We are going to do this so that there can be a non-combative, non-vulgar link in the wallet for the average person. We do intend to keep this thread as well so that there is an unmoderated place to speak freely as well. The thing is we can't convince "Aunt Emma" to use digitalcurrency and then lead her to stumble on massive repetitive and sometimes vulgar fudding at times and is quickly turned off for good.

So you want to convince "aunt Emma" to use digital currency... so she will download the wallet and press the button "to the forum" because she is going to do some "research" about VRC first...

but before all that you should think what are you going to tell her when she says, in response to your suggestion of using VRC instead CCs or paypal, something like:

2. Didn´t lose vericoin 80% of its value in a month?(BIG TURN OFF) I think is very risky to send my FIAT and my passport copy to a website called moolah or mintpal or you name it (YES ANOTHER BIG TURN OFF) and buy a string of code that can loose 80% value in a month, dont you think nephew? or is it really worthy taking that risk??

3. I prefer spending 2$ a month and have the possibility to charge back and have credit if i need it or use my Paypal account at zero cost and no risk of losing any money for price fluctuations...

that goes for every single coin... its about planting the right seeds... why u in crypto if thats what u believe..

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:15:47 AM

Ereborltc.

That goes for every single coin... its about planting the right seeds...

Veri True.

As you sow sow shall you reap.

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:18:17 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 12:32:59 AM by ELMER_FUD

@DEVS: The community has been asking for the FORUM button on the wallet to lead to a moderated thread. Is it possible to provide this? Thanks.

We are going to do this so that there can be a non-combative, non-vulgar link in the wallet for the average person. We do intend to keep this thread as well so that there is an unmoderated place to speak freely as well. The thing is we can't convince "Aunt Emma" to use digitalcurrency and then lead her to stumble on massive repetitive and sometimes vulgar fudding at times and is quickly turned off for good.

So you want to convince "aunt Emma" to use digital currency... so she will download the wallet and press the button "to the forum" because she is going to do some "research" about VRC first...

but before all that you should think what are you going to tell her when she says, in response to your suggestion of using VRC instead CCs or paypal, something like:

2. Didn´t lose vericoin 80% of its value in a month?(BIG TURN OFF) I think is very risky to send my FIAT and my passport copy to a website called moolah or mintpal or you name it (YES ANOTHER BIG TURN OFF) and buy a string of code that can loose 80% value in a month, dont you think nephew? or is it really worthy taking that risk??

3. I prefer spending 2$ a month and have the possibility to charge back and have credit if i need it or use my Paypal account at zero cost and no risk of losing any money for price fluctuations...

that goes for every single coin... its about planting the right seeds... why u in crypto if thats what u believe..

I know it sounds pretty out there but considering that the price of a Vericoin has languished to around a meager 5 cents and yet there are still so many overly critical talking heads that are constantly on here who seem to act like it's their job to scare any and all new investors/speculators away, there's definitely a possibility that they're not invested in it at all and are instead either 1) just a part of some cryptocurrency COINTELPRO, 2) they're simply being paid to post FUD by one of VRC's competitors or that 3) they just want to help drive down the price so that their group can load up on cheap coins before they pump it again like they did before.

Edit: I forgot the possibility of 4) that they have either a realized or an unrealized financial loss after having bought during the middle of the last pump (like myself) but unlike me, they suffer from some mental deficiency or emotionally maladaptive trait which prevents them from taking responsibility for their own actions and are thus blaming the devs (and/or anyone else) for their perceived losses, rather than themselves.

Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:31:13 AM

I know it sounds pretty out there but considering that the price of a Vericoin has languished to around a meager 5 cents and yet there are still so many overly critical talking heads that are constantly on here who seem to act like it's their job to scare any and all new investors/speculators away, there's definitely a possibility that they're not invested in it at all and are instead either 1) just a part of some cryptocurrency COINTELPRO, 2) they're simply being paid to post FUD by one of VRC's competitors or that 3) they just want to help drive down the price so that their group can load up on cheap coins before they pump it again like they did before.

No 4
Possibly all at once by some entity.

Great time to buy.

gwedo

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:31:18 AM

yes veri true opinion

Hello world
gwedo

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:32:34 AM

No 4

Great time to buy.

I will happy sell you my coins

Hello world
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:33:42 AM

No 4

Great time to buy.

There are exchanges for that.

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

No 4

Great time to buy.

ill buy your coins! I'm veri serious...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:06:41 AM

No 4

Great time to buy.

ill buy your coins! I'm veri serious...

Veri nice stepping in on my offer... Lets splitt : ) as you could probably buy me out. haha

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:15:06 AM

Isn't it amazing that the veritalk is fully opened and moderated and yet the chorus line continues to post here non-stop and WITH -like always- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY.

I find that amazing myself.

Much more amazing is that socal continues to ram the prairie without a muzzle. That is outright insane.

Shinraven or whatever, shortcomings and deficiencies are what they are. Whether repeated of not. And they are mighty simply to put in evidence.

But you pretend to put nice ribbons on a turd and pretend it's bon-bons. Be my guest.
luisb

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

After two minutes of searching on Google, I think this is some of what he was talking about:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/1rkkd7/paypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/09/paypal-freezes-45000-of-mailpiles-crowdfunded-dollars/

Excellent google work, but I think either you didn´t understand my post or you didn´t read it. Really good points on the other hand but still *buying* something online using paypal costs *zero* a year.

My point was I dont think "aunt Emma" or "Joe and Jane Sixpack" gives a sh*t about some startup-company getting their accounts frozen... not defending them here, I actually agree that those practices are totally questionable to say the least, I was just pointing out why mainstream people keeps using paypal...

1. Its free

2. Its easy

What I believe or not is not the point here. Everyone is talking about "mainstream adoption" and yet no one has a clue about average online shoppers habits and the reasons behind said habits... The sad reality being that *most* of the people buying online pays with CCs and Paypal because

1. It´s "safe": chargebacks, no fear of buggy wallet software
2. No hassle: ever opened a paypal account? compare that to send ID copies and FIAT to a website... most people has paypal accounts and CCs already
3. Cheap: Buying with Paypal costs *zero* and a CC costs around 2$ a month...
4. Useful in "emergency": you get credit, so you can buy even if you haven´t got enough funds.

So *again* what are we going to tell "aunt Emma" or "Joe Bloggs" when they point out

If we have no reasonable answer maybe we should stop trying to push vericoin to mainstream online shoppers, because right now they have no powerful reasons to go through the hassle and risk of buying VRC in order to pay for something, and at the same time trying to focus in the people VRC could solve a problem of theirs, but well I guess its a lost cause with so many cheerleaders, pumpers and fanboys...

Wreathy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:30:45 AM

Excellent google work, but I think either you didn´t understand my post or you didn´t read it. Really good points on the other hand but still *buying* something online using paypal costs *zero* a year.

My point was I dont think "aunt Emma" or "Joe and Jane Sixpack" gives a sh*t about some startup-company getting their accounts frozen... not defending them here, I actually agree that those practices are totally questionable to say the least, I was just pointing out why mainstream people keeps using paypal...

1. Its free

2. Its easy

What I believe or not is not the point here. Everyone is talking about "mainstream adoption" and yet no one has a clue about average online shoppers habits and the reasons behind said habits... The sad reality being that *most* of the people buying online pays with CCs and Paypal because

2. No hassle: ever opened a paypal account? compare that to send ID copies and FIAT to a website... most people has paypal accounts and CCs already
4. Useful in "emergency": you get credit, so you can buy even if you haven´t got enough funds.

So *again* what are we going to tell "aunt Emma" or "Joe Bloggs" when they point out

If we have no reasonable answer maybe we should stop trying to push vericoin to mainstream online shoppers, because right now they have no powerful reasons to go through the hassle and risk of buying VRC in order to pay for something, and at the same time trying to focus in the people VRC could solve a problem of theirs, but well I guess its a lost cause with so many cheerleaders, pumpers and fanboys...

It is a reasonable answer paypal charge, thousands of transactions per day .

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:57:50 AM

1. Its free

2. Its easy

I read it and I was responding to this part:

Could you explain me what "randomly freezing money system" is about

As for the rest, I guess we can all let our minds wander but personally, as someone with credit cards, a PayPal account and even a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard (with 1% cash back on everything) so that I can use my PayPal acct like a checking acct or like a credit account, I wouldn't mind having a VeriCoin Visa card as I'm growing increasingly worried about the persistant devaluation of our dollar here in the States and it's future as our world's reserve currency.  I see digital currencies like Bitcoin and VeriCoin as hedges against such systemic risk and with the way that food and gas prices continue to climb at such a steady, if not ever increasing rate of pace, I don't think it will be all that long before Aunt Emma and/or Joe Bloggs figure it out and start buying cryptos, too.

Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: