Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:43:12 PM

I say fuck em' do the roll back and let the chips fall where they may. If nothing else the scumbag twats that pulled this shit should get nothing. Even though most likely they are in this thread right now trying to convince everyone that they are big holders looking out for the coin. Fork it, Fork it good and hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:46:40 PM

Try do the same with decentralized  BTC...
Check-and-mate, ignoramus.

BTC has hard forked previously. You, sir, are merely insistent on baring your ignorance to the world.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:47:33 PM

Hard Fork is dangerous and stupid ............did bitcoin hard fork after Mtgox no ............its MP fault let them suffer ............no Fork if ur dumb enough to leave ur shit on MP u deserve to lose

Did bitcoin catch the problem right away?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
alwa1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

Hard Fork is dangerous and stupid ............did bitcoin hard fork after Mtgox no ............its MP fault let them suffer ............no Fork if ur dumb enough to leave ur shit on MP u deserve to lose

Did bitcoin catch the problem right away?
not because of robbery
Kgman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

I say fuck MP fuck em right in the ass ..............we still got Bittrex and after MP fails do the Hard fork lol .............bye bye MP

teach them a lesson in security ...........serves them right for listing shitcoins like ISIS and getting paid off for listing ..........can u hear them crying over at MP
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:52:05 PM

MintPal fucked up... it's not the VRC community's responsibility to fix this.  MintPal needs to cover the lost coins out of their own pocket - PERIOD.

If the VRC devs try to push a roll back, this coin is worse then dead in the water.  Obviously, if a rollback like this is possible, the blockchain cannot be relied upon as a fixed ledger, and therefore the coin is useless.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:53:54 PM

MintPal fucked up... it's not the VRC community's responsibility to fix this.  MintPal needs to cover the lost coins out of their own pocket - PERIOD.

If the VRC devs try to push a roll back, this coin is worse then dead in the water.  Obviously, if a rollback like this is possible, the blockchain cannot be relied upon as a fixed ledger, and therefore the coin is useless.

I'm willing to bet some of you are the same person, so I'll pose this question to more than one of you since I doubt none of you will give an appropriate answer:

So you think a guaranteed ongoing 51% attack or an insta-dump is a better alternative?

Please explain why.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:54:28 PM

Try do the same with decentralized  BTC...
Check-and-mate, ignoramus.

BTC has hard forked previously. You, sir, are merely insistent on baring your ignorance to the world.

BTC fork didn't roll back transactions this is difference...
Anyway here is hard decision to make and no winners at the and because of fail coin build mostly.
Don't get me wrong all types of coins have their problems.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:00:09 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 06:16:35 PM by blacky90

8millions....

comon guys its over! vrc is dead Embarrassed it will take a long time until vrc recovered

fuck mintpal Angry

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Guys it is suicide to roll back because of Mintpal.  Mintpal should be made to pay for the losses.  No exchange should have the ability to force a hardfork in a coin because of their failure.  This will ruin the credibility of Vericoin purely to save Mintpal.  Mintpal is a vicious cancer to the community and this just proves it.
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

I think some information is missing in the discussion:
1) As stated by MP, VARIOUS exchanges have halted trading with VRC. The robbed coins can't be traded at this time
2) It is therefore a community decision to halt trading until devs come up with a solution. It's not a single and isolated devs move
3) The problem was related to the withdrawal door at MP and there was a single transaction moving the 8M coins. This means that the coins were transferred to a single wallet and can be perfectly and easily followed up
4) The hardfork that will be created by devs will most likely isolate that single transaction and all the transaction subtree that followed. But it will probably leave intact all other transactions, whether they happened before of after the theft
5) The exchanges will reimburse people who lost money transacting with the thieves (if there was any transaction at all)
6) As a result, the whole community will be secured and the single transaction that will suffer is the one where the coins are stolen
I believe VRC is going stronger after this.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:09:05 PM

I think I can honestly say I've read up on all relevant information on the current situation and I've come to one solid conclusion:

Once this is resolved, see you guys on the moon.  Cool Cool Cool
Kgman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Devs dont have the final say it takes 51% ............
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:11:04 PM

Here is the cold truth, you want to know why people keep their coins on exchanges instead of staking them?

Because they are paralyzed with fear that people like Iconic Expert or Bryce Weiner will dump any moment when the time is right and they want to be able to exit quickly to not lose their shirts.

So Bryce can go stuff it with his talks of blockchain security, he helps to create the most insecure and paranoid market in the world.

You sir... are correct.  Unfortunately, I had all my BC in my wallet on my laptop back in April during the BC crash from 94000 satoshi allll the way down to 14000.  I wish I had my BC on Mintpal at the time because I could've sold during that crash.  I lost $5,200 of profit because of that.  Here's the thing though: I didn't have my BC on Mintpal at that time because of what happened with BC on Cryptorush.in back in March when they lost everyone's BC on that exchange, so I figured keeping them in my own wallet was safer.  It's safer, but yes you can't panic sell when your coins aren't on an exchange.  Since then I've kept my coins on exchanges.  Not sure I'm going to anymore after this.

Its just a thought, but wouldn't it be cheeky evil genius-ish to perpetrate that assault in Cryptorush.in just to cause that exact reaction? People moving the BCs to the wallets and therefore making them slower to react to the big-ass-dump so the dumpers can do it at will and without loosing money in the way down?

Uh..

Eth.

That WOULD be evil genius, however probably evil genius on the part of the dumpers to take advantage of the opportunity of such an event.  In other words, I doubt the dumpers in April were in on that hack of Cryptorush in March just so they could cause people to keep their coins in their wallets, all for the purpose of a month later to dump on everybody on Mintpal while people are rendered helpless by their staking coins.  Although, money talks.  It would be very easy to bribe someone at Cryptorush to announce that all their BC had mysteriously disappeared due to a hack, thereby inciting fear, and causing what you suggested.  Cryptorush has a reputation for being quite shady from what I hear.  If that was "their" grand plan, then it worked.  However, the problem with this conspiracy is that as far as I know it hasn't been tried again, unless that's what's happening right now with VRC.  First rule of making shady money is even if you make it by deceiving people, keep doing it over and over again until the deception's exposed, then move onto something else.  No other coin that I know of since March has been stolen from an exchange in order to incite fear, cause people to move their coins to their wallets to stake, thereby rendering them helpless during a dump later on.  I mean, there are some really smart people in crypto.  Really smart.  I doubt Iconic Expert's that smart lol
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

2) It is therefore a community decision to halt trading until devs come up with a solution. It's not a single and isolated devs move

That's a bullshit definition of a community decision.  It was decided by Mintpal and dictated to the VRC development team.  The other exchanges had little choice but to follow.  The community had zero choice.

3) The problem was related to the withdrawal door at MP and there was a single transaction moving the 8M coins. This means that the coins were transferred to a single wallet and can be perfectly and easily followed up

Yes

4) The hardfork that will be created by devs will most likely isolate that single transaction and all the transaction subtree that followed. But it will probably leave intact all other transactions, whether they happened before of after the theft
No that's not how it works unless they go in and completely alter the blockchain which is even more disturbing.

5) The exchanges will reimburse people who lost money transacting with the thieves (if there was any transaction at all)

You mean Mintpal? No they won't - we wouldn't need a hardfork if they did this.

6) As a result, the whole community will be secured and the single transaction that will suffer is the one where the coins are stolen

Keep sticking your tongue up Mintpal's arse.  This is a case of destroying Vericoin to save Mintpal and nothing less.  Stop being a mindless shill.
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:11:32 PM

Can't you see the opportunity ? THIS ATTACK WILL BRING VRC TO THE MEDIA ATTENTION = ITS UNIQUE = ALL NEWSPAPERS , CRYPTO-MAGAZINES , TELEVISION , FORUMS , BLOGS , RADIOS ,  EVERYBODY IN THE CRYPTO-WORLD  WILL TALK ABOUT VERICOIN . IT WILL BE THE NEXT BTC Smiley

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Guys it is suicide to roll back because of Mintpal.  Mintpal should be made to pay for the losses.  No exchange should have the ability to force a hardfork in a coin because of their failure.  This will ruin the credibility of Vericoin purely to save Mintpal.  Mintpal is a vicious cancer to the community and this just proves it.

This.

If this rollback is done to cover MintPal's fuck up, the devs lose all credibility and are simply paid code monkeys for the exchanges.

Is that really what the community wants from a coin that had so much potential?

This is make or break time. The decisions made now will either cement VRC as a solid force in crypto or doom it to a slow and painful death.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:13:50 PM

If you think about it, doesn't a coin that protects its community sound good to you?

Over bitcoin which was so disorganized it had to let the large thefts happen? Something to think about, I trust VRC

Maybe this has a positive outcome and the media picks this up?

It would be sick if this was a good thing and not a bad thing in the end as it will surely be publicized in every crypto magazine and news article?

Something to think about. Barring a horrible outcome to this wallet fix and rollback. Could the media push and outcome cause more demand? I really think so. I have faith enough smart people are out there it won't be dumped for a issue specific to an exchange. not a individual coin, VeriCoin just happens to be the target of the attack. You only attack a good coin where you can get your money out because it has a strong demand to soak up supply. This is why BTC / LTC / VRC may have been the targets on Mintpal.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:13:55 PM

I think some information is missing in the discussion:
1) As stated by MP, VARIOUS exchanges have halted trading with VRC. The robbed coins can't be traded at this time

Pretty dumb of the thieves to move 8M coins with a single transaction.  It's like seriously?  Did they not think that would cause some red flags? lol
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:14:02 PM

btw, the rollback doesn't even affect the hackers. They probably already dumped the VRCs after they read about whats going to happen in order to switch the blockchain. The people who are affected by this rollback are the holders in the community and only the holders in the community. And the only one who benefits from the rollback is MintPal.

Patrick, I urge you to not do that. Please don't let an exchange decide about things like this. And I am not only saying this because I am losing money I have in VRC.

Not enough volume to dump, and if you listen to the devs, the money never moved or was sold. This makes it a easy rollback

So you're saying the hackers now sit on that VRC and wait until their attack becomes worthless? Sounds weird to me.

I don't think the coins were the real (final) target of the attackers, therefore is not relevant if they keep them or not, the wound is already done, if the devs do not hardfork the burglars get a lot of money AND control of the coin with such a massive amount, if the devs do fork, the burglars, their associated people and all those that hate VRC for different reasons will permaFUD like it was their last day on earth and try to damage VRC image and bring it down.

So both ways means damaging the coin. Difference is, that most of investors (the ones with a significant piece on grey matter at least) will understand the situation and timing at life of the coin, a hardfork in this situation is not that bad since the coin is just an infant. It set a precedent and blablabla... Not wrong also, and it goes a bit against the spirit of crypto but at this precise point... is not that bad of an option.

Dumped coins will be bought for cheap and the prices will skyrocket, not just because of the collateral-promotion of this happening, but also because the attackers themselves probably caused this so they can get dumped cheap coins.

If you think about it, the attackers get benefit no matter what is the result.

Sad but true, and gotta admit, smart.

Eth.
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: