Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:33:51 PM

You are exposing the logic of a thieves´ mind here. By punishing victims and encouraging fraud we will get a better system? really?

And again, your usage of the word centralized is completely stupid. In that regard everything would be centralized. Maybe you have been exposed to to many buzzword feeds.

Centralization to me means the conglomeration of power into a single entity or geographic location.
In my opinion this applies to how trading in Vericoin was centered around Mintpal.
Hence centralization and a single point of failure.

The alternative being decentralization. The epitome of which: peer to peer trading and no middlemen or exchanges.

Thieves will always exploit exploitable systems.
If you protect exploitable systems you protect the thieves.

Exactly and by hardforking the system shows, that it cannot be exploited.
The system of laissez-faire, that you are dreaming of will always be exploited - even if you meet your peers on the street to exchange some coins, what will you do, if they bring a knife to trade with you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:34:49 PM

All hail the protection of the middlemen.
God protect our bankers.
God protect our exchangers and money lenders.
God protect our daytraders and manipulators.
Without them you would have what exactly? A digital coin that only has your own personal value? Great idea! Grin

A digital coin with my personal value and the personal value of other people like me?
Without banks? A coin that I can use to trade with anyone without paying homage or fees to middlemen?
Are you mocking me for this?

Because yes.. that is my desire and my dream.
Why are you here?
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:35:08 PM

I just want to know why they targeted only VRC...

Because it is an easy target... if you own 4.5 million coins. Or, in the immortal words of Gordon Gekko, because "it can be done, damnit!". A 51% attack is a guaranteed success. The Black Hand owns 4.5 million VRC.

Quite simple, really.

Iconic Expert stay the fuck outta this thread you lying sack of shit I wouldn't be surprised if you had something to do with the hack

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:36:18 PM

God protect our bankers.
Without them you would have what exactly? A digital coin that only has your own personal value? Great idea! Grin

A digital coin with my personal value and the personal value of other people like me?
Without banks? A coin that I can use to trade with anyone without paying homage or fees to middlemen?

Why are you here?

what happens if the power is turned out, everyone is on even playing field again?

I think this hybrid system offers the most security.

Fiat and crypto combined is heaven, 1 or the other makes no sense.

Use them both, each has a benefit. in conjunction they are great, alone they each have to many vulnerabilities

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
videos4btc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:39:29 PM

vericoin lol
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:41:30 PM

Um ya... I'm with Dadams.  I'm glad that they're going to rollback so that people don't lose their coins, however now you've just set the precedence that you can keep your coins on an exchange, with no protection or insurance, and if the exchange gets hacked and you lose your coins, eh... no big deal.  We'll just rollback.  Now you have a central regulating authority deciding that, which by the way goes against the principles and ideology of what crypto currency is in the first place.  Make Mintpal accountable for this attack.  It was their system that wasn't secure in the first place.  Hard fork the coin, and make Mintpal be the example for all exchanges that if they're going to be in business, they need to tighten up their security, plain and simple.  Mintpal somehow then has to reimburse all coin holders who lost their coins.  Yes it would probably bankrupt them, and they probably wouldn't survive.  I don't think I'm being callous.  If people want a system of protection, then put your money in a bank.  A bank's insured, in the states, by the U.S. Treasury via the FDIC.  Or, keep your coins in your wallet, leave them there for staking, and backup your wallet with multiple backups to different locations.  I'm sorry, but you assume the risk if you keep your coins on exchanges.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:41:40 PM

this is how vericoin inverstors looks like now Grin Kiss

mushroomfour9

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

I  have vrc  on mintpal, what will happen if vrc  does a hardfork?
Dadams

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:42:20 PM

The system of laissez-faire, that you are dreaming of will always be exploited - even if you meet your peers on the street to exchange some coins, what will you do, if they bring a knife to trade with you?

It shows that there are no consequences for the people that made this possible.
Which is why it will happen again.
Mintpal will carry on.
People will still daytrade and leave massive amounts of coin on exchanges.
No solution will be sought because look "we solved the problem.. all you need is a fork!"
The thieves have not lost anything. They did not have anything to start with.

Forking is not the solution. It is a a bandaid on cancer.
It is scooping out water from a sinking ship instead of fixing the hole in the hull.

P.S buy4crypto: if you believe fiat is necessary for the future, then I think we will have to agree to disagree
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

this is how vericoin inverstors looks like now

On the contrary, after the weak hand day flippers are out and the fudders go, this coin will continue to grow. When you want quality in a dev team, innovation and support, you will buy vericoins.

When you want a PnD, you will go with whatever next flavor of the month they put out tomorrow to pump n dump.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

Mintpal will carry on.
No solution will be sought because look "we solved the problem.. all you need is a fork!"

It is scooping out water from a sinking ship instead of fixing the hole in the hull.

P.S buy4crypto: if you believe fiat is necessary for the future, then I think we will have to agree to disagree

I think having all money tied to the power grid is scarier than centralized currencies.

1 comet comes and knocks the grid offline, how many 51% attacks you think could occur?

I prefer having a system where you have the ability to use both.

Im not talking today, or tomorrow, but if its the future, it would happen at some point. Surely a pure online currency reliant on a power grid system of trade is not the way.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:45:16 PM

Lots of great points expressed thus far.

I personally congratulate Vericoin devs for making an educated decision in a timely fashion.

We've seen time and time again devs disappear when trouble arises for their coin. Not the case with Vericoin devs.

Vericoin devs stepped up and successfully implemented their solution. Whether you agree or not you understand this as a lesson to help prevent this from occurring in the future.

Mintpal...ugh.

kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:46:56 PM

Lots of great points expressed thus far.

I personally congratulate Vericoin devs for making an educated decision in a timely fashion.

We've seen time and time again devs disappear when trouble arises for their coin. Not the case with Vericoin devs.

Vericoin devs stepped up and successfully implemented their solution. Whether you agree or not you understand this as a lesson to help prevent this from occurring in the future.

Mintpal...ugh.

Ya I applaud Vericoin devs as well for being so quick with this.  Just goes to show how capable and amazing they really are.
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

God protect our bankers.

Why are you here?

I am here to mock your concept of trading cards as currency. That is what it amounts to.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
leckey

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:49:14 PM

As much as I've been a supporter of VeriCoin... a fork to roll back the blockchain is a very tough pill to swallow. Have to say I'm with dadams.

At this early stage, 2 months into a crypto, you think its so devastating?

You dont think the media picks this up as a better alternative to a gox style blow out? You dont think this will attract the people VeriCoin is going for?

This could be the biggest FUD turned pot of GOLD if they get this right. The dev team spent all day making the fix, I bet you it shows the quality of our team at work.

I wonder how many people offered support to the devs and how many came to FUD the community.

Its very telling what crypto has become, instead of bringing in new markets, everyone has a laser focus on taking down the competition. Wake up people, crypto needs more investors and people in the ecosystem.

How many times have you heard of mt gox. How many times do you think you will hear about VeriCoin, and to the outside world, not comprised of coders and computer nerds... They will start coming to vericoin over bitcoin as they will see vericoin as the SAFE alternative to bitcoin and being goxed.

Let me put this out there. I don't give a shit what the media thinks. I don't give a shit if coinx or coiny did it before. If you think I'm fudding, you're mistaken.

I care purely because of the reasons I got into crypto in the first place. For a decentralised system.

I don't blame the devs for taking this decision, because I can see the logic in it - and I recognise they're under huge amounts of pressure. But I can't pretend to be thrilled about it.

Ultimately yes it's Mintpal's fault. But do you know else I blame? You. All of you. The number one rule in bitcoin: "DON'T KEEP YOUR COINS ON AN EXCHANGE". This doubly applies to PoS coins because having them staking in your wallet secures the network. So. If you held your coins on MintPal. YOU'RE TO BLAME FOR TRUSTING A CENTRALISED AUTHORITY.

In short, I am disappointed with the rollback of the blockchain - very disappointed. But I do accept that the devs have taken action to solve a very tricky problem. Whether or not I agree with it being the right way of doing things, is irrelevant. This is all very bitter-sweet for me at the moment.

And another thing. Stop saying "vericoin investors". Call me a user. Not an investor.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

Love it, this was posted by patrick on twitter. About the 184 billion bitcoins created.

Bitcoin is doing okay today huh? THEY ONLY GO AFTER THE BEST

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=687488.0

Dadams

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

Mintpal will carry on.

I think having all money tied to the power grid is scarier than centralized currencies.

1 comet comes and knocks the grid offline, how many 51% attacks you think could occur?

Im not talking today, or tomorrow, but if its the future, it would happen at some point. Surely a pure online currency reliant on a power grid system of trade is not the way.

You think your USD/fiat will be worth anything in an apocalyptic future hit by a comet leaving us without electricity?
I don't believe the zombies will accept them either.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:51:02 PM

As much as I've been a supporter of VeriCoin... a fork to roll back the blockchain is a very tough pill to swallow. Have to say I'm with dadams.

At this early stage, 2 months into a crypto, you think its so devastating?

You dont think the media picks this up as a better alternative to a gox style blow out? You dont think this will attract the people VeriCoin is going for?

This could be the biggest FUD turned pot of GOLD if they get this right. The dev team spent all day making the fix, I bet you it shows the quality of our team at work.

I wonder how many people offered support to the devs and how many came to FUD the community.

Its very telling what crypto has become, instead of bringing in new markets, everyone has a laser focus on taking down the competition. Wake up people, crypto needs more investors and people in the ecosystem.

How many times have you heard of mt gox. How many times do you think you will hear about VeriCoin, and to the outside world, not comprised of coders and computer nerds... They will start coming to vericoin over bitcoin as they will see vericoin as the SAFE alternative to bitcoin and being goxed.

Let me put this out there. I don't give a shit what the media thinks. I don't give a shit if coinx or coiny did it before. If you think I'm fudding, you're mistaken.

I care purely because of the reasons I got into crypto in the first place. For a decentralised system.

I don't blame the devs for taking this decision, because I can see the logic in it - and I recognise they're under huge amounts of pressure. But I can't pretend to be thrilled about it.

Ultimately yes it's Mintpal's fault. But do you know else I blame? You. All of you. The number one rule in bitcoin: "DON'T KEEP YOUR COINS ON AN EXCHANGE". This doubly applies to PoS coins because having them staking in your wallet secures the network. So. If you held your coins on MintPal. YOU'RE TO BLAME FOR TRUSTING A CENTRALISED AUTHORITY.

You have gone nuts man. We are to blame mintpal got hacked? I have heard it all now.

eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:52:08 PM

Mintpal will carry on.

You do not get the point: The people that orchestrated this were the thieves and they will learn that they cannot exploit the system.

Again you are punishing victims and applauding the thieves.

You are either brainwashed by the scammers´ forum cheerleaders or you are a scammer yourself.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:52:43 PM

Mintpal will carry on.

You think your USD/fiat will be worth anything in an apocalyptic future hit by a comet leaving us without electricity?
I don't believe the zombies will accept them either.

I have silver and gold, don't be so nieve. I use fiat to buy things, as people like to have that these days over me bringing them a brick of silver. You know, the market is full of people that like dollars.

Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: