Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:36:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:20:32 AM

Many transferred their VRC to other exchanges and sold them at a loss and now can't buy them cheaper.
 Wink

I suspect those who did...will be able to in the future.

Visit this post in 6 months from now.

...(psycho-analysis BS)....

Spare me the psycho analysis BS please.

1. If users were dumb enough to store their VRC on an exchange thus centralizing a large amount of the currently total supply...that is the user's fault. They should lose their coins.

2. If users were dumb enough to not do more risk analysis of where to keep their coins should a security flaw exist in the exchange they are using...that is the user's fault. They should lose their coins and the exchange should go out of business because of it if they can't pay back their users with the funds they have. This is how markets should work. Bad businesses and crypto should live or die on their own merits not on outside forces building a time machine and going back to where things were before the catastrophy. That is the essence of life as well. (as far as I know) There is no way to go back in time and undo your mistakes in your normal life (not virtually). But if you want to play God/central planner then perhaps your developers who have done this should add this to their resume and change professions as that is exactly what they have done.

3. If a hacker found the exploit in said exchange's security, they have in a weird way shown the huge hole in the exchange's security while at the same time proving the flaw in PoS in how centralized exchanges can be a target for an attack should the coins be stolen or used by the same exchange to perform a 51% attack. Some may say that the hacker is justified in keeping the coins because they found an exploit.

The rules of VRC were set forth at day 1 just like any other crypto currency. For the rules to change (due to the developers actions to execute it) is their way of telling people they are going to play the role of a central planner much like the Federal Reserve system or the chargebacks in PayPal.

If VRC is such a great tool yet it operates just like the federal reserve system or paypal at its core ....why even use VRC?

There really is no argument that I would accept that would make me think differently of what has happened.

One of your developers said that they believe they only had two options. I disagree. The 3rd option was to let things play as they lie and not try to fix an incompetent businesses or save risk-illiterate users who lost their coins due to that scenario that played out.

Essentially if you think about it wouldn't it be a better idea not to have a PoS only coin in the first place given what has happened?

I see it as the investment that users make is not the developer's responsibility, as with any investment users should know the risks and make that call based on what possible outcomes exist.

Instead of tarnishing their rep (as developers) I personally think they should have let things play out and then if they need to start over...do so as that is what the rules of the VRC chain started with. (I do not believe there was a rule that said...if such and such happens to business X that developer Y can do Z to undo their epic fail).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:21:34 AM

Many transferred their VRC to other exchanges and sold them at a loss and now can't buy them cheaper.
 Wink

1. If users were dumb enough to store their VRC on an exchange thus centralizing a large amount of the currently total supply...that is the user's fault. They should lose their money.

2. If users were dumb enough to not do more risk analysis of where to keep their coins should a security flaw exist in the exchange they are using...that is the user's fault. They should lose their money and the exchange should go out of business because of it if they can't pay back their users with the funds they have. This is how markets should work. Bad businesses and crypto should live or die on their own merits not on outside forces building a time machine and going back to where things were before the catastrophy. That is the essence of life as well. (as far as I know) There is no way to go back in time and undo your mistakes in your normal life (not virtually). But if you want to play God/central planner then perhaps your developers who have done this should add this to their resume and change professions as that is exactly what they have done.

3. If a hacker found the exploit in said exchange's security, they have in a weird way shown the huge hole in the exchange's security while at the same time proving the flaw in PoS in how centralized exchanges can be a target for an attack should the coins be stolen or used by the same exchange to perform a 51% attack. Some may say that the hacker is justified in keeping the coins because they found an exploit.

The rules of VRC were set forth at day 1 just like any other crypto currency. For the rules to change (due to the developers actions to execute it) is their way of telling people they are going to play the role of a central planner much like the Federal Reserve system or the chargebacks in PayPal.

If VRC is such a great tool yet it operates just like the federal reserve system or paypal at its core ....why even use VRC?

There really is no argument that I would accept that would make me think differently of what has happened.

One of your developers said that they believe they only had two options. I disagree. The 3rd option was to let things play as they lie and not try to fix an incompetent businesses or save risk-illiterate users who lost their coins due to that scenario that played out.

Essentially if you think about it wouldn't it be a better idea not to have a PoS only coin in the first place given what has happened?

I see it as the investment that users make is not the developer's responsibility, as with any investment users should know the risks and make that call based on what possible outcomes exist.

Instead of tarnishing their rep (as developers) I personally think they should have let things play out and then if they need to start over...do so as that is what the rules of the VRC chain started with. (I do not believe there was a rule that said...if such and such happens to business X that developer Y can do Z to undo their epic fail).

I agree with nothing you said.

So you sympathize with the criminal, thats all I needed to know. I see who you are. g'day sir. I will be putting you on ignore now. The first, and only one.

*edit oh wow, you can't see that annoying long ass signature anymore when a user is ignored Smiley , double bonus!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:31:03 AM

Because I own 0 VRC I am technically a neutral party giving my outside perspective.

Take it for what it is worth, or you can cry about it. The choice is your.

Mahalo,

Smoothie  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:33:00 AM

blackcoin is so dead. It doesn't even get a pump anymore. Which explains why the BC community is so desperate in trolling another coin. It's all they have left. Kiss

Hit the nail right in the head.... Best case scenario, though...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

Wink

1. If users were dumb enough to store their VRC on an exchange thus centralizing a large amount of the currently total supply...that is the user's fault. They should lose their money.

2. If users were dumb enough to not do more risk analysis of where to keep their coins should a security flaw exist in the exchange they are using...that is the user's fault. They should lose their money and the exchange should go out of business because of it if they can't pay back their users with the funds they have. This is how markets should work. Bad businesses and crypto should live or die on their own merits not on outside forces building a time machine and going back to where things were before the catastrophy. That is the essence of life as well. (as far as I know) There is no way to go back in time and undo your mistakes in your normal life (not virtually). But if you want to play God/central planner then perhaps your developers who have done this should add this to their resume and change professions as that is exactly what they have done.

I agree with nothing you said.

So you sympathize with the criminal, thats all I needed to know. I see who you are. g'day sir. I will be putting you on ignore now. The first, and only one.

*edit oh wow, you can't see that annoying long ass signature anymore when a user is ignored Smiley , double bonus!

Good at least we can agree to disagree.

And no you don't see who I am as you already had your own perspective of me before you got to know me. Remember the "where I am and want to be speech you gave me"?

BTW you didn't answer any of my questions. But that is okay.

Please ignore me. You're not the first nor the last.

Aloha

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:35:46 AM

I guess the 3-4 fudders who kept vrc at the top of the forums posting 12 hours straight 5 times a page finally all bought after getting their victims to sell to them.

Was actually very impressive how badly they wanted to buy.  No sane person posts the way smoothie and crew did without needing/wanting to buy a substantial amount.

Why do people assume (and make accusations with no proof) that I wanted to buy a substantial amount of VRC?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I own 0 VRC and will never buy a single one ever.

REASONING: I would not ever want to be a part of the catastrophic effects of a rollback in the future should a massive hack/scam/theft happen related to VRC.

My posting has much to do with pointing out BS and calling things as I see it. If you knew my reputation on this forum you would know what is how I operated from day 1.

Tell me about which part of the rollback is catastrophic.

In the future a merchant could take payment in VRC and a huge hack comes along...rollback...oops VRC gone from your wallet even thought you sold goods.

Please explain to me how this is different from the risk every credit card accepting merchant faces every day.

What risk are you talking about exactly?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:36:41 AM

Because I own 0 VRC I am technically a neutral party giving my outside perspective.

Again you're officially dim. You have no idea what your subconscious is doing.

The success of Vericoin will take buyers away from your coins. That's why you're here, and you don't even know it. It's like you live in a state of phantasmagoria where you don't know where you come from or where you're going.

btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:40:51 AM

Mahalo,

Smoothie  Grin

I believe i have answered most of the questions in my own perspective and i dont have to repeat them again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & criticisms. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Ultimately it is the investor own responsibility to do their own research and judgement before putting money into something.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:41:47 AM

It is my opinion that users should make sure they understand the risks of investing into a particular crypto (i.e. VRC) and using unregulated exchanges like Mintpal.

And that they should not invest more than they can afford to lose.

As harsh as it sounds...mintpal should go out of business and users who got coins lost due to the hack should suffer the loss or at least attempt to get what they can recover from mint pal without the Ben Bernanke move the VRC developers made.

This is not what has happened but it has set a precedent for the future. Be aware that the next time a large theft occurs there will be huge implications for the developers who created the path you are all on.

This is just my personal opinion and not financial advice.

Good luck to you all in your VRC development and investments. Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:42:47 AM

Mahalo,

Smoothie  Grin

I believe i have answered most of the questions in my own perspective and i dont have to repeat them again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & criticisms. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Ultimately it is the investor own responsibility to do their own research and judgement before putting money into something.

Awesome at least we agree on something. Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:43:10 AM

OMG, people are still talking about this scam coin. So sad.

Where's Ben Bernanke in all this. IS the dev even on the thread?

HAAH

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:43:41 AM

And anyways, Nosker called the 4 merchants who deal with Vericoin, and they didn't make a transaction for goods during the 12 hours. That's why the devs felt like the rollback was the best option. The coin is still young and didn't reverberate that much.

Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:47:16 AM

I guess the 3-4 fudders who kept vrc at the top of the forums posting 12 hours straight 5 times a page finally all bought after getting their victims to sell to them.

Was actually very impressive how badly they wanted to buy.  No sane person posts the way smoothie and crew did without needing/wanting to buy a substantial amount.

Why do people assume (and make accusations with no proof) that I wanted to buy a substantial amount of VRC?

REASONING: I would not ever want to be a part of the catastrophic effects of a rollback in the future should a massive hack/scam/theft happen related to VRC.

My posting has much to do with pointing out BS and calling things as I see it. If you knew my reputation on this forum you would know what is how I operated from day 1.

Tell me about which part of the rollback is catastrophic.

In the future a merchant could take payment in VRC and a huge hack comes along...rollback...oops VRC gone from your wallet even thought you sold goods.

Please explain to me how this is different from the risk every credit card accepting merchant faces every day.

What risk are you talking about exactly?

Chargeback. More commonly known to those outside the industry as a 'dispute'. Credit cards are weighted in the consumers' favor by a substantial margin, and having a transaction reversed is pretty commonplace.

Selling goods or services for an agreed amount and then having the transaction reversed is pretty much a standard cost of business for any merchant, and occurs far more often than a rollback.

Hell, more counterfeit currency is accepted daily than the total dollar amount of the transactions effected by the rollback.

In other words, why should a merchant be afraid of a loss in a transaction when they already assume far greater risk of loss every day?

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:47:48 AM

OMG, people are still talking about this scam coin. So sad.

Where's Ben Bernanke in all this. IS the dev even on the thread?

HAAH

Youre laughing at other people who are talking about it, meanwhile you havnt shut up about it for the past week. Probably because you feel threatened.

Here is a reminder for anybody that might not know you.

buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:59:06 AM

Is anyone tech savy enough to help me out a bit if I need some help changing a bitcoin faucet to a vericoin faucet tomorrow?

Not sure exactly how this works, but I want to put up a faucet and load it this weekend if its not going to be a big issue. I know have seen tools to make them for bitcoin. Perhaps its just a small conversion over to VRC, if anyone can help me out, I am going to sleep tonight and then get started on the project in the morning. A lot of people are hearing about VRC for the first time and I want to help them want to stay around!

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:00:53 AM

Frankly my dear, nobody gives a fuck here... Or anywhere.
BitcoinPorn

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:03:34 AM

Bruno Proença
‏@BrunoPro79

Still 140 VRC on the reddit giveaway! Read the rules and participate! Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/com...

@VeriCoin #vericoin #vrc

https://twitter.com/BrunoPro79/status/489258634028011521

here is my entry. Please send 1000 vrc award to address below, thanks  Grin

See the rules @ http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/29xnmn/new_giveaway_yes_2_vericoin_only_for_reddit_users/   

You have to Tweet those images out via your Twitter handle and have a certain amount of followers.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:07:08 AM

Mahalo,

Smoothie  Grin

Oh no risk of people here and everywhere not taking "... it for what it is worth": Crap.

BitcoinPorn

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:09:02 AM

As harsh as it sounds...mintpal should go out of business and users who got coins lost due to the hack should suffer the loss or at least attempt to get what they can recover from mint pal without the Ben Bernanke move the VRC developers made.

This is not what has happened but it has set a precedent for the future.

The devs themselves said this will not happen again, and if should the coin fail/die because of this same type of situation happen, then so be it (see their developers hangout video, they address your concerns/thoughts of this being a trend they are starting).   The situation they were in had not happened to any coin previously, now that it has happened, all Proof of Stake coins as well as their relationships with exchanges *should* change, if not, we could definitely see any PoS coin, including Vericoin, fail.

I noticed in the 'news' today Ghash has put a cap/limit on what hashing power they will have (see http://www.coindesk.com/ghash-commits-40-hashrate-cap-bitcoin-mining-summit/ ), exchanges should do the same for Proof of Stake coins, only allow so much supply of any given coin to their exchange.

BitcoinPorn

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:11:06 AM

Is anyone tech savy enough to help me out a bit if I need some help changing a bitcoin faucet to a vericoin faucet tomorrow?

Not sure exactly how this works, but I want to put up a faucet and load it this weekend if its not going to be a big issue. I know have seen tools to make them for bitcoin. Perhaps its just a small conversion over to VRC, if anyone can help me out, I am going to sleep tonight and then get started on the project in the morning. A lot of people are hearing about VRC for the first time and I want to help them want to stay around!

Perhaps the person running ' http://vrcfaucet.visitbit.com/ ' will help you out, I'm sure they don't care to be the only faucet for Vericoin (or maybe they do, I know web sites can get competitive sometimes, however I figure both of you have a common positive goal, but who knows)

Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: