Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:35:53 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 11:47:24 AM by altcoinUK

Decentralized apps and smart contracts combined with digital currency are the future. See Ethereum, $3.5 million investment in 24 hours.

Yeah, I was about to mention the Ethereum IPO and other Blockchain 2.0 platforms such as Swarm & NXT. If VeriCoin does not become a Blockchain 2.0 organisation then it is a guaranteed failure, no ifs and no buts.

It really would be nice to know what the developers are planning going forward. All these roadmaps we had before, talks of this and that. And in the past few days, its like Patrick went silent on twitter ect, David never speaks, And Doug looks like he has been trying his hardest. We have a VeriCoin party in a few days right? Shouldn't we be building excitement, rather than fizzling out right now?

Can we have the vision laid out of whats going on by the devs? Where we are headed, whats in the pipeline of innovation? No hard deadlines are needed, The investors just need to know that there is a clear plan, and its being followed. Right now people are investing in vericoin for a lot of reasons. It would be great if people knew what they where investing in. Investing in the "mainstream" crypto is NOT working for us.

But just a general, who is vericoin, what are we, and where are we going would be EXTREMELY helpful.

They have to have building a Blockchain 2.0 platform in their roadmap and get it done fast, others will streamroller them if not. As you can see on http://coinmarketcap.com/ the 24hr daily volume for all alt coins is down drastically because of Ethereum, this downward slide in value will continue for Blockchain 1.0 coins.

You are quite right saying that the key is to get done the decentralized (blockchain 2) app fast. Also, I think the key is don't try to do too much like Etrhereum does because that dramatically slow down the process - just have a basic app that works, implement one feature (e.g a decentralized market place that uses VeriCoin) and do that feature well. That will be the winner.

Also, while the vericoin devs are incredible intelligent and smart, the history indicates that they don't always make the best decisions strategy wise (VeriBit, FIAT). EffectTocause said yesterday that they have a very good strategy regarding to the decentralized app, but I think it would be useful if they would to validate that strategy with the community, to have a dialogue whether the planned features do make sense. Barrabas was partly right saying that the devs have the young arrogance attitude, something like that this is their coin, they define the strategy, and that's it if you don't like sell your coin and fuck off. They are right in a certain extent and yes, we should fuck off and create our own blockchain 2 app if we don't like vericoin. This one way to tackle the issue. On the other hand if he devs need the community, the devs think that they need real money then always better to have dialogue about things, even about development strategies and with all members of the community including useless investors like myself who don't do anything useful like the all day long IRC chatters do just put some real money into vericoin.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:46:34 AM

Decentralized apps and smart contracts combined with digital currency are the future. See Ethereum, $3.5 million investment in 24 hours.

Yeah, I was about to mention the Ethereum IPO and other Blockchain 2.0 platforms such as Swarm & NXT. If VeriCoin does not become a Blockchain 2.0 organisation then it is a guaranteed failure, no ifs and no buts.

It really would be nice to know what the developers are planning going forward. All these roadmaps we had before, talks of this and that. And in the past few days, its like Patrick went silent on twitter ect, David never speaks, And Doug looks like he has been trying his hardest. We have a VeriCoin party in a few days right? Shouldn't we be building excitement, rather than fizzling out right now?

Can we have the vision laid out of whats going on by the devs? Where we are headed, whats in the pipeline of innovation? No hard deadlines are needed, The investors just need to know that there is a clear plan, and its being followed. Right now people are investing in vericoin for a lot of reasons. It would be great if people knew what they where investing in. Investing in the "mainstream" crypto is NOT working for us.

But just a general, who is vericoin, what are we, and where are we going would be EXTREMELY helpful.

They have to have building a Blockchain 2.0 platform in their roadmap and get it done fast, others will streamroller them if not. As you can see on http://coinmarketcap.com/ the 24hr daily volume for all alt coins is down drastically because of Ethereum, this downward slide in value will continue for Blockchain 1.0 coins.

You are quite right saying that the key is to get done the decentralized (blockchain 2) app fast. Also, I think the key is don't try to do too much like Etrhereum does because that dramatically slow down the process - just have a basic app that works, implement one feature (e.g a decentralized market place that uses VeriCoin) and do that feature well. That will be the winner.

Also, while the vericoin devs are incredible intelligent and smart, the history indicates that they don't always make the best decisions strategy wise (VeriBit, FIAT). EffectTocasuse said yesterday that they have a very good strategy regarding to the decentralized app, but I think it would be useful if they would to validate that strategy with the community, to have a dialogue whether the planned features do make sense. Barrabas was partly right saying that the devs have the young arrogance attitude, something like that this is their coin, they define the strategy, and that's it if you don't like sell your coin and fuck off. They are right in a certain extent and yes, we should fuck off and create our own blockchain 2 app if we don't like vericoin. This one way to tackle the issue. On the other hand if he devs need the community, the devs think that they need real money then always better to have dialogue about things, even about development strategies and with all members of the community including useless investors like myself who don't do anything useful like the all day long IRC chatters do just put some real money into vericoin.  

You hit several nails on the head. Everyone should be welcome as a customer, or in an investment. Telling anyone if they don't like it to sell, is a bit strange to me. If a customer said to me I don't like something, I would do my best to show them why they like something else I can do.

Telling people to go away, or sell is something I never understood. It sets a bad precedent in the minds of investors. One of the first things people research for a coin is the devs. If you hear a dev say he doesn't need money, and sell if you don't like it. You don't deploy new capital to that investment. Money is money, if there is better places to have money make money, then that's where it will go. Money doesn't have emotions. People do. I would love to support this coin, but if the goals are not clear and aggressively followed, my money is going to head to greener pastures. Just like a lot of the smarter money has apparently been doing already   Huh

Kevin O'Leary said it best.

"Here's how I think of my money - as soldiers - I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them."

A lot of investors think of money like this. If you do not care about the soldiers you are going to have problems with the people sending them out....

WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE NO BUYERS!!

I hope you guys get my point, we need to create value, and soon. Because this is a very bad thing that large sellers can't even get the liquidity and are crashing the price. And I hope you realize If I didn't think our dev team was one of, if not the best in the business I would have left a long time ago. These guys are brilliant, and able to adapt. We need to be better at what we do. And we will get better. This is worth fighting for... So let's please do what it takes to make it great!!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:13:18 PM

Just a couple more points from a business perspective. From a "shark" that might help you realize, if we want to be on par with business, we have to think like one.

These 3 quotes are what I feel we are facing now. We can learn a bit from each of these to improve in the future.

"I have met many entrepreneurs who have the passion and even the work ethic to succeed - but who are so obsessed with an idea that they don't see its obvious flaws. Think about that. If you can't even acknowledge your failures, how can you cut the rope and move on?"

"I want to go to bed richer than when I woke up. The pursuit of wealth is a wonderful thing, but the thing is you have to be honest about it, you have to tell the truth."

"Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we're going to win."

Quotes from Kevin O'Leary
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/k/kevin_oleary.html

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
altcoinUK

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:15:11 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 12:47:14 PM by altcoinUK

Also, while the vericoin devs are incredible intelligent and smart, the history indicates that they don't always make the best decisions strategy wise (VeriBit, FIAT). EffectTocasuse said yesterday that they have a very good strategy regarding to the decentralized app, but I think it would be useful if they would to validate that strategy with the community, to have a dialogue whether the planned features do make sense. Barrabas was partly right saying that the devs have the young arrogance attitude, something like that this is their coin, they define the strategy, and that's it if you don't like sell your coin and fuck off. They are right in a certain extent and yes, we should fuck off and create our own blockchain 2 app if we don't like vericoin. This one way to tackle the issue. On the other hand if he devs need the community, the devs think that they need real money then always better to have dialogue about things, even about development strategies and with all members of the community including useless investors like myself who don't do anything useful like the all day long IRC chatters do just put some real money into vericoin.  

You hit several nails on the head. Everyone should be welcome as a customer, or in an investment. Telling anyone if they don't like it to sell, is a bit strange to me. If a customer said to me I don't like something, I would do my best to show them why they like something else I can do.

Telling people to go away, or sell is something I never understood. It sets a bad precedent in the minds of investors. Money is money, if there is better places to have money make money, then that's where it will go. Money doesn't have emotions. People do. I would love to support this coin, but if the goals are not laid out and aggressively followed, my money is going to head to greener pastures. Just like a lot of the smarter money has apparently been doing already   Huh

Kevin O'Leary said it best.

"Here's how I think of my money - as soldiers - I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them."

A lot of investors think of money like this. If you do not care about the soldiers you are going to have problems with the people sending them out....

WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE NO BUYERS!!

I hope you guys get my point, we need to create value, and soon. Because this is a very bad thing that large sellers can't even get the liquidity and are crashing the price.

You are absolutely right. Everyone should have place in the community. Even for barbaric Russian investor like myself who don't care too much about price drops because invested for not day trade reasons so I support this project with my money because I have the luxury to have 100 BTCs hobbies like Vericoin, Viacoin, Ethereum, etc, investors like yourself who concerned about the price but still support this coin, people like socal who is a nice guy and enthusiast about the silver coin and leckey who don't like day traders but interested in the core concept of digital currencies.

It would be nice if the devs could find the right direction and focus on things that matter. I think the silver coin, regional representatives, VeriBit, FIAT don't matter, these aren't going to make people buy and more importantly use Vericoin. I think what matters is the decentralized app, that could be the key to why people would use vericoin.
pb2014

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:50:03 PM

Are the serious investors really worried about the price? This coin is only a few months old.... Bitcoin didn't shoot up to 8 billion marketcap in 2 months. Come on guys...
adoress

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

SINTEZ LLC

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:03:31 PM

Are the serious investors really worried about the price? This coin is only a few months old.... Bitcoin didn't shoot up to 8 billion marketcap in 2 months. Come on guys...

you make me laugh, 99.9% alt coin has several days lifetime,  pump-> dump -> dead, or dump->dead

many people like compare bitcoin with altcoin, are you out of mind? even ltc is not in position to compare with btc, look the price of ltc . but I sincerely hope VRC is one of decent coins like drk xc bc

CRYPT by SINTEZ - Nextgen of WEB monetization - SINTEZ.IO
altcoinUK

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:10:33 PM

you make me laugh, 99.9% alt coin has several days lifetime,  pump-> dump -> dead, or dump->dead

many people like compare bitcoin with altcoin, are you out of mind? even ltc is not in position to compare with btc, look the price of ltc .

I think you are not right, there is a place for alt coins, especially that implements a decentralized aka blockchain 2 feature. Bitcoin is great, but there is a market gap for coins that support smart contracts and decentralized apps.

And yes, 99% of the altcoins are P&D and will disappear, but vericoin that has a transparent dev team is in the 1% that have at least the chance to succeed. If the devs continue to develop the coin, if they develop the right feature then Vericoin will be fine. In the meantime price goes down and up, but that's the nature of this thing.
leckey

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:19:57 PM

BTC Had a rollback in 2010 and look at it now, please people do not listen to the FUD Bobsurplus is spewing all over the forum. If you have concerns please post on Veritalk.info and get real anwsers if you would like to continue watching the FUD entertainment then please stay, I think I heard somewhere that FUD is sometimes good for a coin.. any thoughts ?
This is such bullshit...  You cannot compare the hard-fork that bitcoin devs and miners initiated to fix a PROTOCOL FLAW back in 2010 with VeriCoin dev's decision to bail out an exchange.

God...  some people are just so ignorant it's sad.   It's not FUD if it's true - it's a warning.

The community that fought for their coin and fought against the theft of $2 million dollars worth of investors money.

Hmmmm.....
You mean the community that was stupid enough to have 30% of a coin on one exchange? 
Rather than MintPal pay everyone back, they leaned on the devs to rollback the chain.  It is disgraceful that the devs even considered it - period.

They didn't do it to bail out an exchange. That was a symptom of the rollback, designed to save the coin from certain death. 7.5mill staking at time of attack vs 8 million stolen. Coin is dead if they don't roll back. There is an argument to "let it die then" on philosophical grounds, but they made the only decision possible for a coin with a $6million economy at the time.

So if you and your friends want to "spread the truth about vericoin" or whatever reason you choose to believe to validate you posting here every 2 minutes - spread the one I've just explained to you.

pb2014

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:23:06 PM

you make me laugh, 99.9% alt coin has several days lifetime,  pump-> dump -> dead, or dump->dead

many people like compare bitcoin with altcoin, are you out of mind? even ltc is not in position to compare with btc, look the price of ltc . but I sincerely hope VRC is one of decent coins like drc xc bc

You make me laugh. Don't ever compare Vericoin to DRK, XC ,and BC. Seriously Blackcoin? what a joke of a name. I'm not even hating I just think its a funny name to begin with. As for DRK and XC they are going to target mainly criminals and it's going to give crypto a bad name.

It goes like this.

1. Bitcoin
2. Litecoin (maybe Vericoin)
3. Vericoin

You only need top three anything else after that doesn't matter.
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:32:00 PM

I hope we don't see VRC in the LTC market soon  Cry

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:33:38 PM

In the LTC market lol. The imcompetance here is magic
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:39:41 PM

In the LTC market lol. The imcompetance here is magic

You're right! Losing a few thousand Euro in two weeks isn't very competent!

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

This is it! I don't understand, what VRC did so bad to get such doomed momentum. Anyway, it is a crypto world, where amazing gains and declines are evident. Badly developed coins, which even have no devs receive 100+ percent price grows. VRC is attacked by massive FUD. I am holding, what I have, be it going to near zero. I have no faith in day trading anymore, I am burned by those filthy actions around.
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

Well with the new price level I might suggest the devs start to deploy some more of their talent in another area.

I know Veripool was on the back burner when the vrc price was in the 5's but here now it makes more sense to put more resources into it.

A lot of people might not have extra btc around to support the price but they have a lot of hashing, we should take advantage of that.

I can say we again, as I started nibbling today at 17.  The risk/reward is starting to look very tempting to me and I assume many others.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:15:53 PM

This is it! I don't understand, what VRC did so bad to get such doomed momentum. Anyway, it is a crypto world, where amazing gains and declines are evident. Badly developed coins, which even have no devs receive 100+ percent price grows. VRC is attacked by massive FUD. I am holding, what I have, be it going to near zero. I have no faith in day trading anymore, I am burned by those filthy actions around.
Other coins are pump and duMP...VRC IS REALY CRYPTO COIN WITH REAL DEVS...

STRONG HAND MAKE MONEY, WEAK LOSE....
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:17:31 PM

You answered yourself.  It doesn't deserve the doomed momentum.  That is why it is so simple you start buying when you hit this level where people are selling for the only reason that it is has gone down some to pre pumper manipulation levels.  It is about risk/reward ( you can't ever KNOW, but if you are right 50% of the time but pick the best risk/reward %'s you can make some money )

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:10:35 PM

relax all fanboys/gals, i for one have happily getting my low orders filled.. very happy with veri drama.. keep dumping pls
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

No, we are cautious but, I would not say concerned. Not yet anyway...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:43:29 PM

It would be really cool to know what is going on. If we are planning anything to lead up to the party. Are we going to try to promote this in NYC that day, anything? Has anyone got a plan? Or is it to be quite and let the price sink to shit?

We are losing a lot of investors, at this point who are cutting loses. Meanwhile, if this is being manipulated a whale is about to take control of the VRC network for cheap if something doesn't stop this bleed, and quick. I tried to support it all I could.

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:44:23 PM

Is there something wrong with VeriCoin, again?
What the price
Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: