Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:53:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701437 times)
cyberdeity

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:23:35 AM

So I think I might know why my profitability numbers are "off", but not sure how to fix it in AM.

When looking at the miners tab, the Per Day / Per Month numbers seem to be based off the 5s hashrate instead of the WU hashrate.  Since my 5s hashrate is much higher than what the pool shows my hashrate as (which I realize they calculate based on share submission rate), that seems to cause AM to have an inflated amount of revenue/profit.

How can I reconfigure AM to use the WU hashrate instead of the 5s hashrate for revenue/profit?  If it matters, these are Innosilicon A4 ASICs

Below are pics that show the AM stats and the matching pool stats.

https://i.imgur.com/mowcsxN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/e2WVSaH.jpg
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:05:55 AM

I just updated my from 4.1.1 and I noticed (not sure if it was before or not) profit switching for ASICS.
I'm using awesomeminer for S9s to monitor and notify under some rules (speed, offline etc.) I'm not familiar with profit switching on ASICs, can someone explain?
I feel that I'm not using maximum out of this software possibilities even thou I'm running small amount of S9s
any help would be much appreciated.
It's a bit more basic on the Antminers, because it will simply prioritize between the pools already defined on the Antminers (in the Pools tab in the lower part of the screen in Awesome Miner). Please see this description of how it works and how to configure for Antminers:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx#externalprofit
thank you for your detailed answer and link below, now everything is clear for me.
One more thing, as you might know I maintain and manage several small-medium-large data centers around the country. I advised some of my clients to buy your software and some of them already did, for some others I need to make some kind of introduction/presentation. It's hard for them to understand why and for what are they paying 600$+. 1. If it is possible to resell your software. 2. If you have some kind of presentation already which I can translate and show to my investors.
Regards
and take your time : )
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:08:47 AM

I've seen several questions related to if profit estimates are correct. I'm replying to one of them here, but this is really a general answer. The basic idea is that Awesome Miner uses profit information from zpool, MPH, WhatToMine and so on. If they doesn't match, please check the Current vs 24h avg statistics linked to below.

If the profit predictions doesn't match the actual payout, then it's a completely different story and really outside the scope of Awesome Miner. Puwaha always have good comments on these (for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg26057460#msg26057460)

How does profit calculation work? I'm hashing equihash at 1.02kH/s or neoscrypt at 2.04MH/s.
Whattomine gives revenue predictions per day of $8.54 mining the most profitable equihash coin and $6.62 mining the most profitable neoscrypt coin.
AM gives renue predictions per day of $8.42 mining equihash and $14.79 mining neoscrypt? What gives?
Please see the last part of this page. It can be related to current profit compared to 24h avg.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

If you want more insight in the calculations that Awesome Miner do, please look at this one:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx#viewcalc

Awesome post!

Would just like a small clarification in regards to the displayed estimated earnings found on the miners tab in awesome miner. This estimation is based off your hash rate * miningpoolhub BTC/gh values and whattomine.

In terms of profit switching, is this performed only based on the hub you have selected correct?
yadenz

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:29:41 AM

Hello. Something wrong with the profit switching? I have gtx1070+gtx1060 and just tried Awesome Miner on zpool for 24h. The AM chose nist5, blake, sometimes neoscrypt and reported profit up to $11 for my tiny rig. Not bad, right? But statistics on zpool was disappointing: about $2,17 per day in BTC. Is this an AM mislead in profit swithing? Or is this a zpool manipulation?
levyimage

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:55:28 AM

Awesome Miner only supports a number of Block Explorer API, but not that one. The problem is that these API's can be very different, making it almost impossible for Awesome Miner to support all.

A large number of coins are supported via this one: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/
However, Signatum is not in that list.

Given the fact that Signatum is quite popular, I will consider adding specific support for it. Thanks for your feedback on this.
Hi,
The format of the responses from all these Block Explorers are different, so it's not as easy as just make a request to them.

I've been thinking of developing some way of expressing how Awesome Miner should process these results to give the user full flexibility to point to any Block Explorer and simply instruct Awesome Miner where in the result the actual balance can be found, but it will be a little complex and intended mainly for the power users.

If you would allows us a custom field option so that you parse the variable in it like if the result from an api get balance is
Code:
{"status":"1","message":"OK","result":"0"}
give us an option to put in a field the following:
Code:
"result":"$1"

So that you we users (who aren't necessarily dumb),
could put the single variable in a string match that your app looks for in the output from the URL API result
Parse whatever takes the place of the variable, sanitize it,
and boom! you now have balance... from ANY API service.
Sure that kinda would be a power user feature... just don't allow this feature for free users, have it be another incentive to upgrade.
I'm a premium user because of the performance tracking feature.
It would make me really happy to be able to add any coin balance via some random API with your App.
And it can be easily done with the way I've described above...
I've messed with php scripts that do the above before.
You're really talented, I'm sure you could add such a feature to your app over a coffee break!

edit:
It would also be really awesome if the docs were a bit more fleshed out.
For example I haven't been able to find the option to select a path to add a custom flavor of CCminer I have on my hard drive next to your app.
I want to be able to use custom flavors of ccminer to specific pools.
I can add pools just fine.. just don't see any path selection option when trying to add another miner program to the list of managed programs in Awesome miner.

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:17:17 AM

Hi all, and thanks for the answers, they were certainly useful. I have some further questions.

I am looking for utilization of rules feature but it appears its not possible to create a rule that can assess "per month" gain and apply profile switching (in fact, algorithm switching). Can any of you manage to apply such a rule? Basically, I want to make a switch if monthly gain under "Miners" tab is under or over certain numbers.

I think this would be very difficult for a rule to do... even if such a trigger was available.  The exchange rate of BTC fluctuates constantly, and AM is just displaying the current value of your coin as reported by Whattomine or the online services.  If the price of BTC tanks below your threshold, then you would trigger a different pool, when maybe your coin wasn't affected by BTC/USD exchange rate.

If you really wanted this action, then you might be able to program it via the C#/API interfaces in AM.

If I'm misreading your question, let me know.
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:18:55 AM

Is there a way to mine specific coins as in VTC and MONA switching? Also is there a way I can tell what coin I'm mining? Thanks   Smiley

Certainly.  You setup a pool for VTC and Mona, put them in a pool group, then set the profit switching to use that pool group.  AM will switch between the two depending on which is more profitable with a profit miner.
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:22:26 AM

Here's a possible issue:  why can't I edit the "Add to worker name" field on a template (under General->Mining Pool)?  I am using a built-in miner and and have selected a pool.  I can edit the field ok on the managed miner's properties with the same other settings.

Yeah so this is kind of a big problem with pools like Nanopool where you want to append the worker name.  If you apply templates then it breaks pools that don't support such a syntax.

I haven't tried yet but is it possible to edit the setting through editing the configuration file?  I realize it may be over-written if you edit the template through AM.

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem here.  The template does not append the name.  The pool and miner define the name.  The pool provides the prefix, and the miner provides the rig name... like "puwaha.rig1"  The "puwaha" part comes from the worker name in the pool, and the ".rig1" comes from the miner.  The template just marries the pool to the rig.  Templates are meant for quickly switching to another pool or coin quickly... it's not meant for profit miners.

Am I misreading the question?
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:24:11 AM

I just updated my from 4.1.1 and I noticed (not sure if it was before or not) profit switching for ASICS.
I'm using awesomeminer for S9s to monitor and notify under some rules (speed, offline etc.) I'm not familiar with profit switching on ASICs, can someone explain?
I feel that I'm not using maximum out of this software possibilities even thou I'm running small amount of S9s
any help would be much appreciated.

You have to define the pools in the ASIC web interface, then AM can change the priority of the pool to do the switching.
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:27:17 AM

Apologies if this question/subject's been covered, only found one or two posts but didn't really hit my question.

I understand that Awesome miner can be configured with either Whattomine or Coinwarz.

I'm using Whattomine, but my earnings are nowhere near the estimates?

Is there anyway to get a more accurate estimate?

On zpool now but doesn't seem to matter.

What the pools report and what the mining software reports are often out of sync... this isn't an AM problem.  The miner software is reporting the most accurate hashrate, and the pool guesses the hashrate based upon the number of nonce submissions over a certain amount of time.
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:33:18 AM

Needed help,
im new to mining, couple of weeks ago started to mine with 2 pc's with nicehash, and have lost everything i made there when it got hacked..
Since last week ive have been using Awesome Miner, Zpool, but ive not recieved any payout into any of 3 BTC address ive tryed.
2 are Coinbase, and 1 is Exodus btc accounts.
Can anyone help, im just lost, not sure what im doing wrong, or if there is a better way to GPU mine.

the 3 BTC address ive used are.
1BquH6bAwPofgSHWEcoEvPSEewUiqcvjsn
1CBjJs1virgrJue6AynX7pytLu3UyMAkPD
1JUsrhEgosdPmM9pHXdHNUmRCQXHqjyCRE

have no BTC in any of them, any help or advice on what wallet to use and if awesome miner is the best way to gpu mine, or if there is something better.
will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

If you look in the zpool web page and look up those addresses... do you see a balance on there?  If so, then there is a minimum of 0.001 BTC required before zpool will send a payment to your BTC address, and it will only do that on Sundays.  If you have 0.025 then it will be paid out once every few evenings.  If you have 0.01 then it gets paid out every couple of hours.
puwaha

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:42:23 AM

wow...so many questions and not much in the way of answers.   Huh

I am a sad panda.  Sad

if someone is up to answering...is there a way to get realistic reports on production/profit? the figures showing in the app do not match anything near what the pools show in their wallets. it'a quite the deficit. my six 1070's were showing about $5 each/day, but after a day, pool wallet reports are just over $10 total. $30 expected to $10 actual is quite the differential and upsettingly misleading.   Angry

The statistics in AM come from whattomine, and are based on the current point in time.  When you mine on an online service such as Zpool, they are only showing you estimated earnings.  An online service like Zpool will collect the coins you and a hundred other miners mine, and send them to an exchange where they may or may not make as much BTC as the Zpool estimated earnings.  This is simply to do with timing.  Whattomine has always been a guide and not a guaranteed pay out rate.
tepR

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:04:56 AM

Hi guys,

I am new to using Awesome Miner here and run into some really weird glitch (?) Hopefully someone can please help me out Smiley

I have several miners set up to mine ETH in Nanopool. I wanted to mine into 2 separate wallets (some of the rigs are for my friend's while some are mine.) I created 2 pools and assign miners to them accordingly - say pool1 and pool2.

When miner is "stopped", the pool name shows up correctly under miner tab. However, once I start the miner, for some reason, the display names all changed to a display pool1. Seems like this is only a display error on Awesome miner because when I check on Nanopool, it seems to be mining into correct wallet.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone had this before?

Thank you in advance, guys! Smiley
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:29:10 AM

edit:
It would also be really awesome if the docs were a bit more fleshed out.
For example I haven't been able to find the option to select a path to add a custom flavor of CCminer I have on my hard drive next to your app.
I want to be able to use custom flavors of ccminer to specific pools.
I can add pools just fine.. just don't see any path selection option when trying to add another miner program to the list of managed programs in Awesome miner.

Go to options, managed software, add, type whatever for name and set compatability mode to full, choose ccminer.
Edit or clone a profit profile, enable the new software and 'configure' the path from there.

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:46:05 AM

If anyone has any input on what would be the optimal profit switching time, I created a poll here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2568035.0

It's already down 4 pages in a few hours so feel free to comment Smiley

I'm also still hoping for some feedback on what profit factors make sense for the built-in profit switching pools. I asked about this a few hours ago too but I don't think I got any replies. I just set zpool to 0.85 for now. I'm hoping the others are all in the 98-99% range and can be left alone.

That reminds me, HashRefinery's most popular pool is neoscrypt which isn't even in there by default. Might want to add that in the next version, although manually adding it in is pretty easy.

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
fastek

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:38:51 AM

Hello,

This software is really great. Could it be possible to implement XMRIG (https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig) for CPU mining? This miner is fastest on many CPUs. It has his own API:

https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/wiki/API

It’s only thing I miss Smiley

Thanks
UpWind

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:51:55 AM

Hi,

I want to hear 0.01BTC return durations of 1080ti Rig owners.

How many days or hours its taking with your 1080ti rig, to get 0.01Btc in hand? Of course, with number of Ti's in your rig.

For me, after testing this for a few days, it appears it reaches to 0.01BTC in around 4 days average, got eight 1080ti, and mining to zpool only.

Looking for you responses, too.
UpWind

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:49:30 AM

No youre reading it correct but, I was considering it under single-pool scenario. What I am observing is, sometimes, marginal gain values are not quite correct in terms of gaining the actual profit. Therefore, It would be good to eliminate such marginal levels and stick to average monthly values for the given rig, depending on former performance of it.
Thats why I ask for such a rule feature. If it detects overrated-underrated profit, I expect it to switch to the next good coin in the list, of course, after 30min or what ever adjusted.

Hi all, and thanks for the answers, they were certainly useful. I have some further questions.

I am looking for utilization of rules feature but it appears its not possible to create a rule that can assess "per month" gain and apply profile switching (in fact, algorithm switching). Can any of you manage to apply such a rule? Basically, I want to make a switch if monthly gain under "Miners" tab is under or over certain numbers.

I think this would be very difficult for a rule to do... even if such a trigger was available.  The exchange rate of BTC fluctuates constantly, and AM is just displaying the current value of your coin as reported by Whattomine or the online services.  If the price of BTC tanks below your threshold, then you would trigger a different pool, when maybe your coin wasn't affected by BTC/USD exchange rate.

If you really wanted this action, then you might be able to program it via the C#/API interfaces in AM.

If I'm misreading your question, let me know.
theMiro

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:42:21 AM

Guys I have a problem. Having a rig 1070 x 6 miner shows to me that 200MH/s ~ 30$. So I left it for 12 hours, came back to see on my zpool wallet address balance of 15k sat. Meaning that I mined like 2$ during that time. Why zpool balance differ so much from the one shown by miner ??

▬▬▬▬▬  V I S O || MODERN CRYPTOCURRENCY PAYMENT SYSTEM  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █        Download WHITEPAPER     Download ONE PAGER        █ █
▬▬▬▬▬      Telegram    ●    Youtube    ●    Slack      ▬▬▬▬▬
Old_School

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:45:08 PM

Hi just started using Awesome Miner few days ago do the stats work properly for daily and monthly earners cause it's been showing me that i would be making 3 times more then i was making with nicehash but on pool am not making theses earners
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: