Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701368 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:02:00 PM

hey guys idk if anyone watches this thread but ive been having some problems setting up my awesome miner and am not finding anyone else with this issue, first of all I am wondering if I need to predownload all the mining software like ccminer 2.2.3 and other software or will it automatically download and use this software for me? I am able to mine on miningpoolhub setting with auto profit switching but as soon as I click the box to add zpool or hashrefinery it stops my awesome miner from working at all.. until I disable all but miningpoolhub.

Starting Diagnostics. Awesome Miner version: 4.2.6
Starting Mining Software
Setting up Miner Engine. Instance: 1
Engine Type: CcMiner, Auto Download: True, EnginePath: , Subtype: Disabled, CustomExecutable:
Added rule for: C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe
C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe  -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17018 -u (my wallet address and username is inserted here) 0.0.0.0:4028   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: CcMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Configuration:

Failed to start miner process: The system cannot find the file specified
Failed to start miner in Diagnostics mode
Diagnostics completed

thanks for any help
"The system cannot find the file specified" indicates that Awesome Miner downloaded the mining software, but when it was about to start, your anti-virus software removed it already. If you go to the folder: C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\
You will probably see that the ccminer binary is missing.

Example of how you can configure exclusions in Windows Defender:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/defender.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

really need to add myr-gr
Thanks for your feedback on this. I do have a few algorithms that I'm planning to add soon, so I can include this one as well. As pointed out above by others above, it's possible to add your own algorithms, and also make them work with zpool.

There is a guide here, although it also covers more advanced topics like using "unsupported" mining software for new algorithms.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/addalgorithm.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:06:31 PM

I am using AwesomeMiner to run 3 ASIC miners (s9, L3+ x2), and 3 GPU rigs (8x AMD470, 8x 1070, 6x 1060). Each of the GPU miners are running on ethOS and the AMD machine is running sgminer-gm 5.5.5-gm-a and the two NVIDIA miners are running ccminer 2.2.2-mod-ethos4.

My question is regarding basic vs privileged API access. The AMD rig and ASIC are all working as intended with privilege enabled, however, I am having some issues with ccminer.

I have the following flag entered into the code in ethOS (based on Ubuntu for those not aware):

-a skein -b --api-remote --api-bind=4068 --api-allow=0/0

This is allowing "basic" access, however, based on my interpretation of the API documentation, this should be allowing for full privileged access.

Anyone that has knowledge of this and and can way in?

Thank you in advance for the help!
For ccminer you will never be able to get anything but "Basic API". That's just a way for Awesome Miner to inform that an API is available, but that it's quite limited compared to what cgminer/sgminer/bmminer API can do.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:11:34 PM

Used to use Nicehash but came across Awesome miner on a another forum and never looked back since! Been making 3-5X more a month then what that ripoff of a site gave me.

Still learning most of the ropes. Just got a question concerning unspecified coins vs and specified coins.

Sometimes unspecified coins give a much high profit per day as specified coins. Just how accurate is it when it says this? If anybody can shed some light for me on this I'd be so happy.
The profit numbers you see in Awesome Miner is always estimates based on either the mining pools (for Mining Pool Hub, zpool, Nicehash, Hash Refinery) or from WhatToMine for single coins. Please see this guide for more details:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

Unspecified coins is just a way for Awesome Miner to indicate that you are mining on a multi-algorithm/coin mining pool and that the actual coin isn't known. In general these pools have a little higher profit than mining a single coin, because they have their own profit switching.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:13:54 PM

Recently (last day or two) I noticed that the revenue seems to be all over the place. One minute it says about $150 a month when the next minute it says has high as $1,800. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get a more accurate estimate?
It could be the zpool SHA-3 change that made it look way to profitable. Awesome Miner 4.2.6 adjusted to the change in zpool.

Recently (last day or two) I noticed that the revenue seems to be all over the place. One minute it says about $150 a month when the next minute it says has high as $1,800. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get a more accurate estimate?

options/statistic - you can choose 24 hour average. the profit will be more "smooth" and profit manager won't switch that much. on the other hand you might have fewer earnings (perhaps even more?)

Exactly! And for those that want the instructions how to configure 24h average, please see:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:16:30 PM

Is this program compatible with the Pangolinminer Whatsminer M3? Has anyone tried? I checked the list
on the FAQ page, and it just says most miners. Being it's a new miner on the mining scene, I haven't seen
many facts about software compatibility.  I searched through recent posts, and couldn't find anything.
I'd really like to purchase this software for when I'm away at my day job.

If not allowed I'll remove. Thanx!!!
I've received a number of requests about this miner, but no confirmations on reports on if it's working on not. If it's running cgminer software with an API, Awesome Miner will be able to monitor it.

You can use the Free Edition of Awesome Miner and simply try to connect it to this miner and give it a try.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:19:25 PM

Is it possible to assign one of the miners to just mine off ONE algorithm?

For some reason, one of the rig I own doesn't perform well on Lyra2v2 but works fine on equihash. Even with the default setting, which is very strange.

And I am using the auto-switcher at the moment.

Thank you!
You can configure which algorithms and software to use and not to use for the profit switcher, by using the Profit profiles. If you want different behaviors among your miners, you can create more than once profile. Please go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, then you either edit AMD or nVidia profile and uncheck the algorithms you don't want to use. The alternative would be to create a new profile if you want the behavior on a single miner only.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:22:47 PM

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.  I just noticed all my rigs stats reset to zero.  i.e. "accepted" and "rejected" reset to zero.  I'm mining zcash on miningpoolhub with DSTM which has been running non stop for days.  I double checked and the software definitely hasn't restarted.  Do the stats reset periodically?
Accepted and Rejected is information reported by the mining software, and it should reset. Awesome Miner is simply displaying what the mining software is reporting for these numbers.
Is the Uptime reported by the mining software indicating that it has been running constantly?

yhbae

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:28:03 PM

Is it possible to assign one of the miners to just mine off ONE algorithm?

For some reason, one of the rig I own doesn't perform well on Lyra2v2 but works fine on equihash. Even with the default setting, which is very strange.

And I am using the auto-switcher at the moment.

Thank you!
You can configure which algorithms and software to use and not to use for the profit switcher, by using the Profit profiles. If you want different behaviors among your miners, you can create more than once profile. Please go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, then you either edit AMD or nVidia profile and uncheck the algorithms you don't want to use. The alternative would be to create a new profile if you want the behavior on a single miner only.

Thank you - new profile method works well and it is graceful!
Allo-4ka

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:35:07 PM

2) It is impossible to add some algorithms. I mean, you can add them and it seems like they are added but they never appear in the "Online Services" tab (the one with the Revenue/Profit list, not the one inside Options).

Try it yourself... attempt to add "yescrypt" and make it appear for Hashrefinery. I have tried on several computers and the program simply refuses to show it even after following all the steps, adding the algorithm, adding it to the mining software and then adding it to the pool in Online Services (the one inside Options).

I experience the same problem, but did not know how to describe it!
thank you Chapster
GbrilliantQ

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:40:31 PM

Is this program compatible with the Pangolinminer Whatsminer M3? Has anyone tried? I checked the list
on the FAQ page, and it just says most miners. Being it's a new miner on the mining scene, I haven't seen
many facts about software compatibility.  I searched through recent posts, and couldn't find anything.

I've received a number of requests about this miner, but no confirmations on reports on if it's working on not. If it's running cgminer software with an API, Awesome Miner will be able to monitor it.

You can use the Free Edition of Awesome Miner and simply try to connect it to this miner and give it a try.

The M3 does use the cgminer software and api, based on the review on the forums.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

Hello Patrike,

Below are some bug reports and some suggestions:

Bugs:

1) When you copy/paste an address into a field (Nicehash, Hashrefinery, Zpool, etc) it is possible to accidentally paste an invisible new line at the end of the address.
This new line will remain there screwing up your miner's launch and without you knowing why it is failing. Took me about 2 and half hours of debugging to find the culprit.
The program should sanitize that information and remove any non alphanumeric characters.

2) It is impossible to add some algorithms. I mean, you can add them and it seems like they are added but they never appear in the "Online Services" tab (the one with the Revenue/Profit list, not the one inside Options).

Try it yourself... attempt to add "yescrypt" and make it appear for Hashrefinery. I have tried on several computers and the program simply refuses to show it even after following all the steps, adding the algorithm, adding it to the mining software and then adding it to the pool in Online Services (the one inside Options).
Thanks for your feedback:

1) I can add white space trimming to minimize input mistakes

2) Hash Refinery API is down, and that's probably why you can't get Awesome Miner to read new pools from it. I tried this with zpool intead and it works with yescrypt (I tried to add it to cpuminer-opt, works great but maybe not the most profitable mining I ever seen).

Suggestions:

1) Create a rule capable of detecting the algorithm being launched.

2) Allow for "Factor" to be defined for custom pools just like we are able to do with the default ones.

3) The benchmarking tool needs some love. Instead of being forced to benchmark each card one by one, it should benchmark the whole lot together.
I know Nicehash used to do it individually (later improved in the legacy miner) but at least they would launch separate miners depending on the profitability of each card.
Right now your program is not designed to do anything like that, so I don't see any reason why benchmarking has to done one card at a time.
As an example, look at what MultipoolMiner does. Simple, efficient, grouped benchmark.

4) After the previous one, you would want to include several versions of the same miner software (like you do now with two versions of ccminer and sgminer).
Once the benchmarking is handled with all cards as a single group, it should do every algorithm with every compatible miner and keep the best performer.

5) Allow us to define different levels of "-dcri" for Claymore Ethminer. Right now this is impossible to do, even if you try to work around it by creating another algorithm with a new name.
Either allow us to add dual mining algorithms or modify the current one so it is capable of having several fields for several values of "-dcri".

Thanks for reading! Here's hoping to see the bugs squished soon.
I will comment on a few only, but I appreciate the feedback.

2) Do you have multiple pools on the same coin? Otherwise you could set the profit factor on the coin itself (Coins tab, then click Coin Properties in the toolbar)

3) I will not argue that the benchmarking can be improved. But do you have that many different GPU types you need to benchmark, compared to how many miners you have in total? If you have a large number of miners, benchmarking a single GPU should be time saving as you don't have to benchmark so many rigs.

5) Can you explain the -dcri part a bit more? Is it per secondary coin you want to set unique (like -dcri 30 for Pascal and -dcri 60 for Decred?) or is it per GPU? In your Profit Profile settings, you can select Claymore Etheruem miner and click Configure, where you can set different device profiles (where -dcri is a part) for each secondary coin. Please let me know if I didn't understood your question correctly here.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:47:09 PM

The M3 does use the cgminer software and api, based on the review on the forums.
Many thanks for your answer on this. If the API is compatible with cgminer, it should work out-of-the-box with Awesome Miner.

andr3s83

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

Seems like I might have found a bug. I'm managing two different sets of all with Managed Profit Miners and I used the override feature on one to use a different Mining Pool Hub worker name. When I click the miner and select Pools it shows the global MPH worker name instead of the override worker name. If you right-click the miner and go to detail > process information it shows the correct worker name.

https://imgur.com/ZtD11iC

I'm having the same problem    Undecided
pfuenzalida

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:06:58 PM

Seems like I might have found a bug. I'm managing two different sets of all with Managed Profit Miners and I used the override feature on one to use a different Mining Pool Hub worker name. When I click the miner and select Pools it shows the global MPH worker name instead of the override worker name. If you right-click the miner and go to detail > process information it shows the correct worker name.

https://imgur.com/ZtD11iC

I'm having the same problem    Undecided

I All... there is some telegram group about awesome miner?
GoRdiE

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:25:16 PM

I experience the same problem, but did not know how to describe it!
thank you Chapster

https://ibb.co/jytWs6

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg26682673#msg26682673
awesomeminerhelp

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:55:18 AM

hey guys idk if anyone watches this thread but ive been having some problems setting up my awesome miner and am not finding anyone else with this issue, first of all I am wondering if I need to predownload all the mining software like ccminer 2.2.3 and other software or will it automatically download and use this software for me? I am able to mine on miningpoolhub setting with auto profit switching but as soon as I click the box to add zpool or hashrefinery it stops my awesome miner from working at all.. until I disable all but miningpoolhub.

Starting Mining Software
Engine Type: CcMiner, Auto Download: True, EnginePath: , Subtype: Disabled, CustomExecutable:
Added rule for: C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe
C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe  -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17018 -u (my wallet address and username is inserted here) 0.0.0.0:4028   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: CcMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Configuration:

Diagnostics completed

thanks for any help
"The system cannot find the file specified" indicates that Awesome Miner downloaded the mining software, but when it was about to start, your anti-virus software removed it already. If you go to the folder: C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\
You will probably see that the ccminer binary is missing.

Example of how you can configure exclusions in Windows Defender:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/defender.aspx

hi there mate, ty for the help! ive just tried allowing the file thru windows firewall, but awesome miner still wont run on anything other than EWBF cuda zcash miner, will I need to create a ccminer binary?
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:00:39 AM

Many thanks for your answer on this. If the API is compatible with cgminer, it should work out-of-the-box with Awesome Miner.

Awesomeness!!! Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely going to try it when I get everything set up. I'm very excited
to try awesome miner! Great Job on the work done there!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
awesomeminerhelp

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:47:27 AM

hi I have just added awesome miner to the exclusions list, and I am still un-able to run the awesome miner, this is the error that I get, this is with all pools ticked  for auto profit switching and as soon as I untick all the boxes exept for miningpoolhub it will change over to EWBF cuda zcash miner 0.3.4b and start hashing away, ! I really wish I could figure this out =(

Starting Mining Software
C:\Users\shannon\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.3_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe  -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://lyra2v2.us.hashrefinery.com:4533 -u 1jqRsRCf9qMDWd4vaU9hGfvjCsyP3ePuv -p c=BTC -b 0.0.0.0:4028   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: CcMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Configuration:

Diagnostics completed
onyx369

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:10:32 AM

Hey Patrike

I'm trying to customize your software to display my portfolio / stats in one place via the Balance section of this software.
The builtin block explorer works for the coins loaded on that site.
Also, I've read the help section
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinbalance.aspx

Now I'm trying to put the balance in for
Bitcoinz, ZenCash, Hush, CVC, PIVX 

I've googled some block explorer sites for these coins... but I want to add them to the Balance section.

I mean I have found specific websites for these coins that detail their working block explorers.

I was hoping for some guidance on how to setup the Balance section for these coins. (its not a matter and cut/paste the URL, heh, I've tried)

How are any of you programming the Balance section to display the wallet totals of the coins that you are mining?

Its a handy feature to have in this software and the stock/default (BTC/LTC) features/explorers work fine. I'm just looking how direction as to how to program more than the available BTC/LTC coins

Thanks

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: