Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:19:43 PM

here we have a peek that Bitcoin may in fact sneek in the backdoor and become the world's reserve currency unbeknownst to the IMF and banksters.  they are adopting the Andreas way of looking at Bitcoin (the currency as simply the first app), which i still maintain is fundamentally in error:

There was recognition that such protocols could serve as an “initial layer” upon which platforms of fully blown payment systems could be built.

http://www.coindesk.com/imf-world-bank-panellists-discuss-block-chains-potential/

let them start building and come to the realization that the blockchain can't work w/o the currency.

Not just the first app, the foundation app.

that's a much better way to put it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

here we have a peek that Bitcoin may in fact sneek in the backdoor and become the world's reserve currency unbeknownst to the IMF and banksters. 

Linux - servers - Android

yep, such an elegant progression.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:22:55 PM

bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:27:11 PM

Hey Cypher - looks to me like the gold/btc correlation is pretty strongly positive. Even over months + time frame. Look different to you? Is this just due to dollar moves or more fundamental?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:44:29 PM

Hey Cypher - looks to me like the gold/btc correlation is pretty strongly positive. Even over months + time frame. Look different to you? Is this just due to dollar moves or more fundamental?
bitcoin acting as a safe haven its a great sign that trust is growing amongst the elite
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:48:46 PM

https://twitter.com/cypherdoc2/status/522066278740422656
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:56:31 PM

"Bitcoin, the currency, is a risky investment. But the potential of technologies that underpin it to disrupt the finance sector is looking like a safe bet. "

http://www.economistinsights.com/technology-innovation/analysis/money-no-middleman/tab/1

Therefor..bitcoin is a safebet.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

here we have a peek that Bitcoin may in fact sneek in the backdoor and become the world's reserve currency unbeknownst to the IMF and banksters.  they are adopting the Andreas way of looking at Bitcoin (the currency as simply the first app), which i still maintain is fundamentally in error:

There was recognition that such protocols could serve as an “initial layer” upon which platforms of fully blown payment systems could be built.

http://www.coindesk.com/imf-world-bank-panellists-discuss-block-chains-potential/

let them start building and come to the realization that the blockchain can't work w/o the currency.

LOL @ esperanto.  there are SOME small differences... like being able to accept Bitcoin using your phone in about 5 min.  Compare that to learning esperanto (2+ years), or even accepting a credit card (a week+ for the signup & to receive the reader, etc).
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

"Bitcoin, the currency, is a risky investment. But the potential of technologies that underpin it to disrupt the finance sector is looking like a safe bet. "

http://www.economistinsights.com/technology-innovation/analysis/money-no-middleman/tab/1

This is yet another instance of the common misunderstanding among finance/econ people that the currency and the blockchain are separable.

But it's good that these people are seeing value in "the underlying technology". They did not 2 years ago.

And I suspect that sometime in the next 2 years or so, it's going to dawn on a lot of these people that you can't use the technology without the unit/currency.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:13:29 PM

LOL @ esperanto.  there are SOME small differences... like being able to accept Bitcoin using your phone in about 5 min.  Compare that to learning esperanto (2+ years), or even accepting a credit card (a week+ for the signup & to receive the reader, etc).

This is a wonderful experience that I repeat as often as I can.  I tend to wear some bitcoin bling most of the time.  A key chain, a pin, something.
I get a question about it from a stranger.  Rather than answer, I offer to show them.

"Do you have a phone?  A smart phone?"

And it goes from there.  5 minutes later, they have some bitcoin, and something to show off to their friends.
They are hooked.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:14:17 PM

This is yet another instance of the common misunderstanding among finance/econ people that the currency and the blockchain are separable.

But it's good that these people are seeing value in "the underlying technology". They did not 2 years ago.

And I suspect that sometime in the next 2 years or so, it's going to dawn on a lot of these people that you can't use the technology without the unit/currency.

and then we win.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:23:06 PM

The way i see it:

Bitcoin's disruptive app: blockchain
Bitcoin's fondamental app: unit of account
Bitcoin's killer app: decentralized trustlessness

Combined, these somehow reminds me of the Trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Bond together. Forever.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:23:50 PM

and then we win.

They won't even notice. They prefer the shiny stuff.
FNG

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:24:37 PM

Agreed. But I think it's going to happen a lot faster. Once you see value in the underlying technology it's only a matter of time before you tie things together. The world is now getting condition that the blockchain is amazing..and bitcoin..well it's just an app that may or may not survive. It shouldn't take long to flip the switch and realize that bitcoin's value makes the blockchain work.

I like what I'm seeing..just need a "AHA" moment before the masses rush in. The infrastructure is getting to the point where it's almost capable of handling the rush.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

If you ask me, the only app. Other app types may have a need for distribution and security, but that could have been (and have been) done before nakamotos whitepaper. The money is the invention, an invention that the world sorely needs.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:30:18 PM

Agreed. But I think it's going to happen a lot faster. Once you see value in the underlying technology it's only a matter of time before you tie things together. The world is now getting condition that the blockchain is amazing..and bitcoin..well it's just an app that may or may not survive. It shouldn't take long to flip the switch and realize that bitcoin's value makes the blockchain work.

I like what I'm seeing..just need a "AHA" moment before the masses rush in. The infrastructure is getting to the point where it's almost capable of handling the rush.

yeah, i think you're right.  especially with all of us pounding the education drum.  and you know banker-types are trawling this very forum.

another key point is that 275 appears to be the bottom for this protracted bear.  as we grind higher, the financially astute will start to take notice yet again and put 2 and 2 together.
thezerg
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:30:41 PM

and then we win.

I am so confused in this world of race-to-the-QE-bottom, and where US, EU, China, Russia pairs have serious trust issues why these IMF economists don't realize that Bitcoin the currency is the only solution.  Even a currency backed by gold fails because gold must sit in a vault in some country and could be filled with tungsten rods as soon as the inspector is gone.  In fact, its so obvious that I think these guys are actually using blockchain-as-a-technology as a way to assess sentiment.  There is either going to be NO global currency, or its going to be bitcoin...

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

The infrastructure is better, but not there yet.  There are also certain segments of the population that will rush in before others.  Full adoption could take a few decades.  A first objection I often hear is that people don't want smartphones.  Sure, you could do an sms wallet, but is there one that legally operates in the US?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
thezerg
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:34:54 PM

This is a wonderful experience that I repeat as often as I can.  I tend to wear some bitcoin bling most of the time.  A key chain, a pin, something.
I get a question about it from a stranger.  Rather than answer, I offer to show them.

"Do you have a phone?  A smart phone?"

And it goes from there.  5 minutes later, they have some bitcoin, and something to show off to their friends.
They are hooked.

I need some Bitcoin bling.  I need a tee that says "Ask me about BTC" or "I'll sell you some BTC".  I don't want some politically edgy slogan, and I don't want to pay $25 + shipping for a $5 shirt.  Same for keychain or pin.  What did you buy?
FNG

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

yeah, i think you're right.  especially with all of us pounding the education drum.  and you know banker-types are trawling this very forum.

another key point is that 275 appears to be the bottom for this protracted bear.  as we grind higher, the financially astute will start to take notice yet again and put 2 and 2 together.

The bitcoin price is now being covered by mass media. The love a climbing price so imo if we break into the 500's in the next 1-2 weeks we'll begin a huge rally off of the new found understanding of bitcoin and purely for the fact that we're going up...and we're much lower than where we came from.

When people on cnbc are recommending bitcoin and their picks blow the other picks out of the water..people start listening

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102078625
Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: