Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032139 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:51:25 AM

i thought your Mommy was tucking you in for nite nite?

Why don't you take a seat right over there?

no, i'm very happy with you, son.  MyLittleLampChop.

Look, I tried being polite, but...
 NO!  YOU CAN NOT SUCK MY DICK.
Now stop being gross Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:57:45 AM

* Rewards points are ~1%.
* Using bitcoin at gyft.com gives you 3%.

Winner: BITCOIN.

And how many percent did Bitcoin fall JUST TODAY? Cheesy
Saved for future reference.

You need a hand with the math?
Your statement was presumed to be a declarative prediction of future price. Your data set is too small to make a statistical prediction. What math are you referring to?

My statement was not, and is not a "a declarative prediction" of anything, including the price.  It was a question, obviated by the squiggly line over a dot, known as the question mark.  I'm beginning to understand why you're in this thread.
Now I need to get some rest.  
Tomorrow we'll start getting into shapes and colors.

Good nigt.
The reason businesses give discount for bitcoin purchases is because they are saving on not only the credit card processing fees, but also the chargeback loss. It makes good fiscal sense to accept bitcoins. Using services like Bitpay, they don't even need to use Bitcoin for more than a payment system.

Preach it, Brother, but let's do it tomorrow, K?  It's past my bedtime, and what you are saying has been repeated on these boards more times than u can shake a stick at, or, as a smart feller like yourself would say, ad nauseum.  

Good night.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:20:23 AM

* Rewards points are ~1%.
* Using bitcoin at gyft.com gives you 3%.

Winner: BITCOIN.

And how many percent did Bitcoin fall JUST TODAY? Cheesy
Saved for future reference.

You need a hand with the math?
Your statement was presumed to be a declarative prediction of future price. Your data set is too small to make a statistical prediction. What math are you referring to?

My statement was not, and is not a "a declarative prediction" of anything, including the price.  It was a question, obviated by the squiggly line over a dot, known as the question mark.  I'm beginning to understand why you're in this thread.
Now I need to get some rest.  
Tomorrow we'll start getting into shapes and colors.

Good nigt.
The reason businesses give discount for bitcoin purchases is because they are saving on not only the credit card processing fees, but also the chargeback loss. It makes good fiscal sense to accept bitcoins. Using services like Bitpay, they don't even need to use Bitcoin for more than a payment system.

Preach it, Brother, but let's do it tomorrow, K?  It's past my bedtime, and what you are saying has been repeated on these boards more times than u can shake a stick at, or, as a smart feller like yourself would say, ad nauseum.  

Good night.
Always have to have the last word, huh?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:50:01 AM

Holy cow, 10 pages of trolling, can't believe I investigated real sleep hours reading it.

Good shills are hard to employ these days. They are working for the altcoins. Someone should take this opportunity to open a Troll School using Bitcoin for tuition.

Indeed, a great idea.  Offer group discounts to these folks.

Lols, the group discount was earned today. If there was a concerted effort to drop the price, one day they'll buy in.

This is the only post worth reading in the last 10 pages:
Although this is old hat for many here, I put together a little explanation that may help people see how mining difficulty affects the bitcoin price.

[img width=100 ]https://i.imgur.com/5VOUQlI.png[/img]

Think about how much money was invested, both by consumers and manufacturers, into pushing the difficulty up several orders of magnitude over the past year. That's all money that could have and arguably would have been invested into driving the BTC price up. A lot of the fresh fiat has been going into the mining industry instead of the price. This is of course self-limiting, and so with all that investment happening behind the scenes, when the curtain is pulled back (when buying mining equipment becomes unprofitable), without any outside reason for the investment to slow down, it should start funneling back into the price.

Oh and this one below I see things the same way:
I've said it ten times the past month....this "situation" in mining does not lead to centralization, exactly the opposite.

You know when you guys keep harping about "economy of scale" well that doesn't always mean what you obviously think it means.

You need to rethink the difference between a hobbyist miner with a couple of TH running in their basement vs a commercial building being supplied with a 0.5MW supply and transformer, and wiring performed by electricians, and CSA/UL/CE inspections, and liability insurance, and cooling the building doubling your electrical draw....and a myriad of other expenses that little children like yourselves have never encountered because you have never leased a commercial building to set up a business and you have no idea of the intricacies of business dealings at that scale.

I can't see how they are doing it when I consider the logistics and costs....certainly not with the efficiencies we have today at sub $400 prices.

I started mining again for many reasons pointed out (thanks CMMPro for this post too, it outlines that mining data centers will scale but have an optimal limiting size that won't allow scaling beyond a practical limit with out a large supply of fractional reserve fiat.

Given the state of mining outfits in China, I can't think of anything to say but wow cheep coins. The mining centers remind me a little of a more professional version of GPU mining rig in someone's living room running the next global monetary system.

Anyway a drop in price is going to test network resilience and it's my opposition it's planned and implemented. The banking trolls not buying in now are just ignoring there new global masters at their petrol.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:55:44 AM

I've said it ten times the past month....this "situation" in mining does not lead to centralization, exactly the opposite.

You know when you guys keep harping about "economy of scale" well that doesn't always mean what you obviously think it means.

You need to rethink the difference between a hobbyist miner with a couple of TH running in their basement vs a commercial building being supplied with a 0.5MW supply and transformer, and wiring performed by electricians, and CSA/UL/CE inspections, and liability insurance, and cooling the building doubling your electrical draw....and a myriad of other expenses that little children like yourselves have never encountered because you have never leased a commercial building to set up a business and you have no idea of the intricacies of business dealings at that scale.

I can't see how they are doing it when I consider the logistics and costs....certainly not with the efficiencies we have today at sub $400 prices.

Sure but who will manufacture these little miners to sell to home hobbyist?

traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:57:01 AM

Err...  Yes?  I'm sure there are trolls around, but who would *pay* anyone to do that?
Especially taking into account that I make fun of your wacky ravings absolutely free.
Won't lie, I do get a kick out of laughing at buffoons.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

furthermore, straight from the Snowden documents and the GCHQ slides

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/:

but of course, you're smarter than the Internet.

Just noticed this.  Made me chuckle  Smiley

Slides like this are created by analysts jockeying to make their particular group shine at the next meeting.  You have to remember that the pot of money is only so large and there are a lot of hungry mouths to feed.  People seem to assume that if a slide has TS//HODL headers and footers, then everything on it must be happening.  All sorts of nonsense could make it into these slides without actually being implemented in the real world.  But hey, what do I know.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:02:33 AM

Wow, it's been years since I read this thread, so I picked a random page a month back or so -- all very serious, lots of graphs and some interesting discussion (although in hindsight, some pretty off whack predictions).  Then I skip forward to 'now' and it's people calling each other cocksuckers --unbelievable.

Cypherdoc, seriously, if you haven't learnt "don't feed the troll" by now, it does actually make me question your authority to posit an opinion on anything.  LambChop/NotLambChop has trolled the forum forever, under a guise of identities...use the ignore button, he bores eventually.

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:51:11 AM

from the top at 1163 on Bitstamp, we are only down 67-68%.  that's not bad, nor unusual, for Bitcoin pullbacks.

try 32 --> 1.98.

Yup.

2011 pullback was: -94%
2013 (April) drop was: -81%

Wouldn't be unreasonable to max out in the -70% range on this one.

For those that like round numbers:

ramp            base-to-peak   retrace
2011            30x                 -90%
2013 early     20x                -80%
2013 late      10x                 -70%  ??

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 08:15:33 AM

So next will be base-to-peak 0x, which means that all those calling for Bitcoin going to zero are right. Tongue

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:24:55 AM

So next will be base-to-peak 0x, which means that all those calling for Bitcoin going to zero are right. Tongue

Okay let's fuck with these number for fun and entertainment (so don't take this too seriously) Tongue

10/30=1/3, so in 2 steps we go from 30 to 10. So in 2 steps we'll go from 10 to 3.33. In one step this would be sqrt(1/3)*10 = 5.77

It is isn't exactly precise as we can see from pas data 30*sqrt(1/3) = 17.3 (which is less than 20x). How accurate are the inputs here anyway? Wink
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:16:16 AM

We're currently down about 68% from the ATH...so calling a bottom and reversal around now would be sensible, if you see the universe conforming to regular patterns.

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:35:50 AM

he/they cut/paste posting the same shit on r/bitcoin so I'm calling troll on this guy (or team?)

seems like last time they used the cult meme talking point ... this time around it is "bitcoin has no perceptible benefits" and "early adopters are MLM (multi-level marketing)"

Who are these hired guns working for?

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?
Our Beneficent Reptilian Overlords(long may They reign!)??

My guess is Apple, because they are known to be using that kind of sales support, and because they have a skin in the game with applepay. Doesn't sound like they can achieve much, but hey, they have cash to burn.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:14:04 PM

he/they cut/paste posting the same shit on r/bitcoin so I'm calling troll on this guy (or team?)

seems like last time they used the cult meme talking point ... this time around it is "bitcoin has no perceptible benefits" and "early adopters are MLM (multi-level marketing)"

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

My guess is Apple, because they are known to be using that kind of sales support, and because they have a skin in the game with applepay. Doesn't sound like they can achieve much, but hey, they have cash to burn.

Drats!  You've seen through my fiendish ploy...  well all right, here's your apple Sad

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

Drats!  You've seen through my fiendish ploy...  well all right, here's your apple Sad

LOL

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:16:40 PM

We're currently down about 68% from the ATH...so calling a bottom and reversal around now would be sensible, if you see the universe conforming to regular patterns.

ltc needs one more dump to hit target.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:33:25 PM

Obviously Bitcoin has more potential than Gold and performed better last few years but Bitcoin is more risky and Gold can benefit of the upcoming fall of the USD and western financial system too so it's a great asset to have for us who know what is coming

In my mind it's most likely that distributed crypto-currencies will benefit from a lose of confidence in fiat systems much more than gold.  The simple reason for this is that they are new and starting from a lower position relative to gold and silver.

I see gold, and to a larger degree, silver, as being something to have should a loss of confidence in fiat systems result in war, famine, totalitarianism, etc.  Such outcomes are not unusual in times of economic collapse and I don't think that any country is immune from them.  It would be much easier for authoritarians to limit realistic normal use of something like Bitcoin which requires a reasonably well-working and free global internet and in times of strife I find it almost inconceivable that such a thing would go unchallenged.  It would still be worth having some private keys with assigned value, but mostly to hold on to for better times and/or to use in operations which are already quite risky anyway.

What you meant is Gold will benefit more because it is more established and known, it's reasonable to think that but Bitcoin has a huge potential no matter what; we could see economic collapse with some countries that fair very well aka Asian countries, free countries like Switzerland; the collapse of the USD will be great in the medium term for the hard working/hard saving countries like China, they will consume what they produce just fine, they don't need the Americans to consume what they produce and pay in fiat

6pages of comments in one day, this thread is ON FIRE

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

good 'ol trustee SLW grinding lower.  i think we have room for one more short term punch down in both gold and silver before we get a bounce:

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:42:12 PM

you gotta admire how the apparatchiks run the futures up and down overnight to trigger all the stops @17000 at the open for the main indices for retail investors.  this market will chew you up:

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:48:06 PM

Obviously Bitcoin has more potential than Gold and performed better last few years but Bitcoin is more risky and Gold can benefit of the upcoming fall of the USD and western financial system too so it's a great asset to have for us who know what is coming

In my mind it's most likely that distributed crypto-currencies will benefit from a lose of confidence in fiat systems much more than gold.  The simple reason for this is that they are new and starting from a lower position relative to gold and silver.

I see gold, and to a larger degree, silver, as being something to have should a loss of confidence in fiat systems result in war, famine, totalitarianism, etc.  Such outcomes are not unusual in times of economic collapse and I don't think that any country is immune from them.  It would be much easier for authoritarians to limit realistic normal use of something like Bitcoin which requires a reasonably well-working and free global internet and in times of strife I find it almost inconceivable that such a thing would go unchallenged.  It would still be worth having some private keys with assigned value, but mostly to hold on to for better times and/or to use in operations which are already quite risky anyway.

What you meant is Gold will benefit more because it is more established and known, it's reasonable to think that but Bitcoin has a huge potential no matter what; we could see economic collapse with some countries that fair very well aka Asian countries, free countries like Switzerland; the collapse of the USD will be great in the medium term for the hard working/hard saving countries like China, they will consume what they produce just fine, they don't need the Americans to consume what they produce and pay in fiat

6pages of comments in one day, this thread is ON FIRE

this is my argument as well. even if, and maybe moreso, if we get another deflationary event in the stock mkt.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

Circle open access to easy Bitcoin is a big deal.

and if you believe in big fractals, percentages, and timing, now's not a bad time.
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: