Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:02:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032138 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:56:47 AM

What is a cultist?
unflinching devotion;
unquestioning faith in ultimate success;
to recruit new members;
oh...and we'd like all your money (but you won't be needing it since we have 'walls of text' explaining how corrupt the current system is).

I'm starting to see the parallels.

you should go back to burying your face in your palms.  i was wrong.  you are a troll.

once again, no intellectual arguments of your own to slander Bitcoin; simple cut and pastes from your heroes (or maybe your bosses?)

btw, no one's forcing you to be in this thread.  why are you wasting your time here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 01:59:15 AM

The elephant in the room: consumers have almost no incentive to use bitcoin.
The common talking points are:
Low fees - The consumers pay no fees while using a credit card. They actually get rewards points back.
Privacy - As evidenced by a recent post, bitcoin offers little privacy out of the box. You need to go through hoops to achieve privacy. People who care enough to go through these hoops have better alternatives (like cash!), which are more foolproof.
Being your own bank - Few people want to take the risks associated with being a bank. It is more of a headache than a plus.
No consumer protection - No need to elaborate.
Distrust of the monetary policy - The volatility of bitcoin makes it useless as a store of value, and there are better and more reliable options to store your wealth. Few people buy into the tinfoil-hattery that the USD is about to crash.
There is simply no pragmatic answer to "Why should I buy bitcoin?"

Cite your sources.

I'd really like a well reasoned answer to this:-\

And yet, consumers do transact.
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=all&daysAverageString=7

Seems there is a difference between theory and practice.
The block chain never lies.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:59:31 AM

Low fees - The consumers pay no fees while using a credit card. They actually get rewards points back.
Privacy - As evidenced by a recent post, bitcoin offers little privacy out of the box. You need to go through hoops to achieve privacy. People who care enough to go through these hoops have better alternatives (like cash!), which are more foolproof.
Being your own bank - Few people want to take the risks associated with being a bank. It is more of a headache than a plus.
Distrust of the monetary policy - The volatility of bitcoin makes it useless as a store of value, and there are better and more reliable options to store your wealth. Few people buy into the tinfoil-hattery that the USD is about to crash.

he/they cut/paste posting the same shit on r/bitcoin so I'm calling troll on this guy (or team?)

seems like last time they used the cult meme talking point ... this time around it is "bitcoin has no perceptible benefits" and "early adopters are MLM (multi-level marketing)"

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:02:26 AM

like i said earlier, i already shredded one of their team, /u/Creepedbtc, who couldn't and wouldn't shed any light on his supposed text he received from his drug dealer.  he ran from that Reddit thread like dog with his tail btwn his legs.

every tag team has a weak link.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:03:45 AM

like i said earlier, i already shredded one of their team, /u/Creepedbtc, who couldn't and wouldn't shed any light on his supposed text he received from his drug dealer.  he ran from that Reddit thread like dog with his tail btwn his legs.

I read that thread. Kind of thought you came off a little paranoid there

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:04:36 AM

he/they cut/paste posting the same shit on r/bitcoin so I'm calling troll on this guy (or team?)

seems like last time they used the cult meme talking point ... this time around it is "bitcoin has no perceptible benefits" and "early adopters are MLM (multi-level marketing)"

You really think a team of trolls could effect the price of bitcoin? We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars. What fantasy am I in??

the same fantasy that exists in your own mind.  along with the one that pays you to hang out in threads like these trolling for $5/hr when you could be home with your family or friends doing something worthwhile.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:06:09 AM

Cypherdoc is an admitted paid shill of HashFast.
The people who listened to him in the HasFast thread lost serious coin.
The people who listen to him now should stop immediately and seek institutionalization.
A safe, controlled setting where they will no longer be a danger to themselves or society, to be studied by dedicated psychiatric professionals.
Perhaps even partially cured with the aid of powerful modern psychotropics and/or daring and innovative surgical procedures.

and more ppl who listened to me since 2011 to buy Bitcoin have made serious money.

i've already said many times the HF endorsement was a bad one.  it was for Batch #1 only and i've not been involved for over 10 mo now. none of their poor decisions involved me and i had no control over their internal actions.  nice try on attempting to make it seem like it's all my fault while tying that debacle to Bitcoin.

but given your lack of intellectual arguments about why ppl should avoid Bitcoin, you're not really interested in the truth, are you?

Re. your shilling for HasFast:  You did it.  At best, your judgement was atrocious.  More likely, it was a cynical mercenary act.
Those who listened to you lost money.
Those who listened to me didn't.

Those who still listen to your pap are imbeciles.  I'm being blunt because I have no illusions about helping them or making them see clearly.  Lost cause.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:06:54 AM

I read that thread. Kind of thought you came off a little paranoid there

the boy, /u/Creepedbtc, ran off like a little child and shut up faster than a clam once challenged.  and once i pointed it out, everyone else came to the same conclusion, idiot.  look at all the downvotes he got and his thread got shoved down out of sight.

pure fail, like you.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:09:30 AM

like i said earlier, i already shredded one of their team...

Such humble Cheesy
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:09:48 AM

Cypherdoc is an admitted paid shill of HashFast.
The people who listened to him in the HasFast thread lost serious coin.
The people who listen to him now should stop immediately and seek institutionalization.
A safe, controlled setting where they will no longer be a danger to themselves or society, to be studied by dedicated psychiatric professionals.
Perhaps even partially cured with the aid of powerful modern psychotropics and/or daring and innovative surgical procedures.

and more ppl who listened to me since 2011 to buy Bitcoin have made serious money.

i've already said many times the HF endorsement was a bad one.  it was for Batch #1 only and i've not been involved for over 10 mo now. none of their poor decisions involved me and i had no control over their internal actions.  nice try on attempting to make it seem like it's all my fault while tying that debacle to Bitcoin.

but given your lack of intellectual arguments about why ppl should avoid Bitcoin, you're not really interested in the truth, are you?

Re. your shilling for HasFast:  You did it.  At best, your judgement was atrocious.  More likely, it was a cynical mercenary act.
Those who listened to you lost money.
Those who listened to me didn't.

Those who still listen to your pap are imbeciles.  I'm being blunt because I have no illusions about helping them or making them see clearly.  Lost cause.

lol, still insisting on bringing up old news.  and what's this about listening to you?  links, please.

you can keep trying to tie that incident to the future of Bitcoin but realize how stupid it makes you look.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:12:27 AM

Don't know what more to say

that's b/c you're incapable of making your own intellectual arguments.

you could just copy and paste more posts.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:14:18 AM

Who are these hired guns working for?

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?
Our Beneficent Reptilian Overlords(long may They reign!)??
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:18:19 AM

...Don't know what more to say

You could respond to this:

What are we at Yale?
I'd really like a well reasoned answer to this:-\

No, you don't want a well-reasoned answer.  A person that genuinely wanted a response to those points would have started by reading the 100+ responses that that comment got when it was posted on Reddit 8 hours ago.  If none of the 100+ responses on Reddit really answered things for you, and you then wanted to get the opinion of some of the thoughtful minds in this thread, you'd have made it clear that those weren't your words (by citing the source) and you would have explained how the various nuanced arguments already posted on Reddit were not "well reasoned" in your opinion.  If you had done this, I'm sure you would have received thoughtful responses in return.  

Instead you spammed that obviously-plagiarized comment here and on the Wall Observer thread, without giving any contextual information, making it clear that you're not interested in genuinely learning.  

...because I was considering spending 10-20 valuable minutes answering your questions point by point (even though it's been done ad nauseam over the years, in this thread and others). Thank you, Peter R, for pointing out the cross post.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:20:05 AM

Don't know what more to say

that's b/c you're incapable of making your own intellectual arguments.

you could just copy and paste more posts.

Those who use the word "intellectual" unironically:  Worship intellect, themselves are anything but.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:22:18 AM

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

I know right. It makes sense in alts maybe, but here it's just nuts and makes them look defensive and weird

if anyone doubts there was a troll posting on Reddit this morning, take a look at the guys profile.  he'd only had an account for less than an hour and he put up a post that made no sense to the vast majority of reasonable ppl in that thread.  when challenged, he disappeared:

http://www.reddit.com/user/Creepedbtc

9 weak, measly FUD posts.

and then we got a bunch of other FUD posts soon thereafter.  now these 2 guys, show up in this thread throwing FUD around.  coincidence?
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:22:35 AM

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

At least include some of those cute pictures with your comments like you do in the Wall Observer thread.

K.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:25:23 AM

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

At least include some of those cute pictures with your comments like you do in the Wall Observer thread.

K.

aw now, look at the little baby who has to throw out 4 letter words b/c he's angry.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:28:06 AM

<snip>
That's a typical Chinese commercial mine.
<snip>

Thanks for posting this, fascinating stuff.  I worked as a commissioning engineer at a large L3 data center awhile back.  The complexity was staggering.  Battery banks, generators, switchgear, evap towers, AHUs, etc.  You could almost knock half the building out with a bomb and the other half would hum along without skipping a beat.  Between two and three sources at each bus, all trickling down to the data center rooms themselves.  Just testing all the systems took months.  Hundreds of millions of dollars from start to finish.

But look at what these Chinese guys are doing.  Open air ventilation, cheap rack mounting, etc.  Budget, budget, budget.  It works.  There's no way to compete with this in "developed countries" (lol) where you can't put up a tool shed without a building permit and environmental impact study.

On another note, it turns out that the problems data centers and miners encounter are exactly the same for large-scale indoor cannabis growers, except for tighter environmental controls in each rooms.  This is becoming a big business in Washington and Colorado.
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

"Few people buy into the tinfoil-hattery that the USD is about to crash."

Seriously? In 2007 the people who thought the subprime mortgage market was about to blow up were also called tinfoil hat wearers. The USD is subprime x 1M.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:30:54 AM

The Gubirmint?
Teh Banksters?

I know right. It makes sense in alts maybe, but here it's just nuts and makes them look defensive and weird

if anyone doubts there was a troll posting on Reddit this morning, take a look at the guys profile.  he'd only had an account for less than an hour and he put up a post that made no sense to the vast majority of reasonable ppl in that thread.  when challenged, he disappeared:

http://www.reddit.com/user/Creepedbtc

and then we got a bunch of other FUD posts soon thereafter.  now these 2 guys, show up in this thread throwing FUD around.  coincidence?

Err...  Yes?  I'm sure there are trolls around, but who would *pay* anyone to do that?
Especially taking into account that I make fun of your wacky ravings absolutely free.
Won't lie, I do get a kick out of laughing at buffoons.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: