Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032138 times)
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:07:44 PM

It's an unfair competition, until banksters starts selling tons of BTC paper derivatives.

not really b/c they can't.

They would even sell derivatives on their grandma, if they smelled profits. Just wait that they notice BTC. Paper promises are just that, and there is always plenty of suckers.
Moreover they have more reasons to short gold, until BTC become mainstream at planetary level as gold is.

the "unfair competition" as you call it, was "defined" by your compatriot in gold, silverbox.  his definition was the beginning of this thread.  so there you have it.

Its not a competition, pretty much everyone here is a BTC bull.

I'm still waiting for that "COLLAPSE"  and "CRASH"  that you called for in the general markets and PM's (Gold in particular)..  Its been 6 months, how long is it going to take?? Wink

Its extremely difficult if not impossible to put a date to something like that in an environment with massive market intervention by governments.  For example, the Greek default should have already happened twice, but for the decisions of a few people.  I think even the Keynesians don't think you can make a model that accurately predicts a system where individuals have this much power because people are not predictable individually with today's computing power.  They are ironically only predictable (maybe) in aggregate.

But I think the bitcoin bull market itself could be considered a prediction of Greek default and other fiat currency troubles ahead. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:20:20 PM

It's an unfair competition, until banksters starts selling tons of BTC paper derivatives.

They would even sell derivatives on their grandma, if they smelled profits. Just wait that they notice BTC. Paper promises are just that, and there is always plenty of suckers.
Moreover they have more reasons to short gold, until BTC become mainstream at planetary level as gold is.

the "unfair competition" as you call it, was "defined" by your compatriot in gold, silverbox.  his definition was the beginning of this thread.  so there you have it.

I'm still waiting for that "COLLAPSE"  and "CRASH"  that you called for in the general markets and PM's (Gold in particular)..  Its been 6 months, how long is it going to take?? Wink

Its extremely difficult if not impossible to put a date to something like that in an environment with massive market intervention by governments.  For example, the Greek default should have already happened twice, but for the decisions of a few people.  I think even the Keynesians don't think you can make a model that accurately predicts a system where individuals have this much power because people are not predictable individually with today's computing power.  They are ironically only predictable (maybe) in aggregate.

But I think the bitcoin bull market itself could be considered a prediction of Greek default and other fiat currency troubles ahead. 

I wasnt the one who went on and on about how everything was about to crash and collapse.  That was Cypher.  My position was that everything wasn't about to collapse (it still is).  I wasn't the one who went on and on about how I could pick corners and because I picked a couple corners before, that my call for everything to collapse and crash would be right.  That was Cypher.  This corner feels an awful lot like I-80 across Nebraska.. (Its perfectly straight for like 100+ miles Wink)
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:38:13 PM

Like calculating the behavior of a gas vs. particles? Smiley

Applying fluid dynamics models to capital flows is very interesting...

This corner feels an awful lot like I-80 across Nebraska.. (Its perfectly straight for like 100+ miles Wink)

And you can see much more of the big picture than when you're distracted by all the activity in a city. Smiley
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 10:38:48 PM

I'm still waiting for that "COLLAPSE"  and "CRASH"  that you called for in the general markets and PM's (Gold in particular)..  Its been 6 months, how long is it going to take?? Wink

Its extremely difficult if not impossible to put a date to something like that in an environment with massive market intervention by governments.  For example, the Greek default should have already happened twice, but for the decisions of a few people.  I think even the Keynesians don't think you can make a model that accurately predicts a system where individuals have this much power because people are not predictable individually with today's computing power.  They are ironically only predictable (maybe) in aggregate.

I wasnt the one who went on and on about how everything was about to crash and collapse.  That was Cypher.  My position was that everything wasn't about to collapse (it still is).  I wasn't the one who went on and on about how I could pick corners and because I picked a couple corners before, that my call for everything to collapse and crash would be right.  That was Cypher.  This corner feels an awful lot like I-80 across Nebraska.. (Its perfectly straight for like 100+ miles Wink)

you're exaggerating as usual.  yes i think we've peaked out in stocks and pm's and will head down significantly from here but the on and on part and bragging part is a figment of your imaginative mind. who's the one who started putting up pictures of rockets (gold/silver/miners) going to the moon?  gold and silver haven't gone anywhere but down since the beginning of this thread.  yes they haven't collapsed.  i still think thats coming but who knows how long it will take.  the interventions have been unprecedented.  i think its becoming more and more clear that ppl are souring on pm's as a future investment and rightly so.

you were more than happy at the beginning to say things like "Bitcoin STILL hasn't gone up, in fact, it has gone down" to paraphrase just so you could spite me and the title of this thread.  well, Bitcoin has blown the doors off your favored investments, gold and silver, and it will continue to do so.  sorry. Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:18:47 AM

pleased to announce i put on my first few shorts on Western Union a couple of days ago.  i think these bad boys are destined to go down:

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:49:49 AM

that, plus everyone uses the paper derivative price for trading the physical (BTC) for some reason.

Bitcoin has multiple functioning networked marketplaces... physical gold does not.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:53:31 AM

Not a competition between members here, but a competition between gold and bitcoin as to who will win the race to become the global free market money. (Ron Paul: "let's have competing currencies")

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 11:03:27 AM

Like calculating the behavior of a gas vs. particles? Smiley

Applying fluid dynamics models to capital flows is very interesting...

euler vs. laplace?

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:06:15 PM

What do you call Bitcoin futures and options?

Also, Bitcoin is now in the danger zone range of $11-12. Expect about a 10% decline over the weekend.

On that topic, anybody else thinking the demise of Bitcoinica was a good thing happened to BTC?
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:28:49 PM

What do you call Bitcoin futures and options?

Also, Bitcoin is now in the danger zone range of $11-12. Expect about a 10% decline over the weekend.

On that topic, anybody else thinking the demise of Bitcoinica was a good thing happened to BTC?

It seems obvious now that it was fundamentally broken..  I never opened an account, cause it seemed like most peeps ended up giving their money away with crazy trades (there were also quite a few threads accusing Zhou of rigging/manipulating the market).  Also in hindsight it seems likely they (Bitcoinica) didn't have the assets to cover customer accounts and were on a fractional style banking system (read ponzi) Wink

All that being said, it seems inevitable that Bitcoinica was going to blow up at some point.. 

So for it to happen sooner rather then later, it probably was/is a good thing for BTC.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:14:51 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2012, 05:25:25 PM by cypherdoc

during the 2 mo i pounded on Zhou's ass during Oct-Nov, i kept identifying red flags everywhere. the way he had set things up was flawed from the beginning.  i pointed out problems like "slippage" with mtgox.  anytime he had to hedge an already executed customers order and got delayed due to a bad connection with mtgox i'm sure it set him up for a catastrophic loss.  i told him i could set up accts at both places and short and buy simultaneously to "frontrun" his hedging.  i could tell by his lack of response or immature responses that he was thinking about what i was saying and then he would change his algorithm suddenly.  this was a huge red flag and from that point on i knew i had him. interspersed throughout this time, small outbursts and screams would occur from customers complaining about being Zhoutonged (another term i coined) from a malfunction of his algorithm. in response he would change the algorithm yet again, apologize, say a few nice things, and reimburse customers which again is a huge red flag of someone trying to perpetuate the ponzi.  Zhou kept changing his stories and explanations.  he writes a ton but says very little.  

then there was the time when Zhou publicly came out and tried to influence the market by stating that there were no more USD reserves and that it would be a good time to sell BTC.  oh i pounded his ass good for that one and he finally apologized.  what owner of an exchange attempts to influence the market direction unless it benefitted himself in some way?  i could tell that the whipsaws and volatility were costing him and customers money yet the Zhoutonging continued.  this was his way of stripping money at customers expense.  he actually had to to stay profitable.  

and then the culmination of my efforts came from the "double ramp" (my term) from $3.50-$4.90 in a couple of minutes that i personally orchestrated.  if you'll remember that down in the dumps of those times it had become fashionable to short every ramp with leverage from Zhou as inevitably the price would turn back down and go lower. the Bears were making money like crazy doing this and were partying it up.  I had already helped turn the tide @ $2 by being over a third of that bid wall and i could see the trend had changed to upwards but the Bears didn't see it and were still shorting each ramp.  so i waited for someone else to perform the first ramp from $2.90 to $3.90 or so (fuzzy on the exact start price).  the Bears predictably came in shorting with leverage and the price came back in to $3.50.  and then i hit the BUY button with a massive order.  i'm sorry but i smiled big as the price took off up to $4.90 and the screams from the Bears was loud, clear and palpable.  there was blood everywhere.  so many ppl got Zhoutonged from that one.  see the problem with his setup was that his algo, the way it was written, was  hyperreactive to those buying spikes madly trying to hedge while buyers madly tried to buy while shorts madly tried to cover while everyone else was being Zhoutonged. it was beautiful.

in the end, nobody listened and i gave up taking criticism from everyone for attacking a 17 yo, especially from the Bears defending Zhou.  God bless them. may they rest in peace.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 04:29:05 PM

during the 2 mo i pounded on Zhou's ass during Oct-Nov, i kept identifying red flags everywhere. the way he had set things up was flawed from the beginning.  i pointed out problems like "slippage" with mtgox.  anytime he had to hedge a customers order that was delayed due to a bad connection with mtgox i'm sure it set him up for a catastrophic loss.  i told him i could set up accts at both places and short and buy simultaneously to "frontrun" his hedging.  i could tell by his lack of response or immature responses that he was thinking about what i was saying and then he would change his algorithm suddenly.  this was a huge red flag and from that point on i knew i had him. interspersed throughout this time, small outbursts and screams would occur from customers complaining about being Zhoutonged (another term i coined) from a malfunction of his algorithm. in response he would change the algorithm yet again, apologize, saying a few nice things, and reimburse customers which again is a huge red flag of someone trying to perpetuate the ponzi.  Zhou kept changing his stories and explanations.  he writes a ton but says very little.  

then there was the time when Zhou publicly came out and tried to influence the market by stating that there were no more USD reserves and that it would be a good time to sell BTC.  oh i pounded his ass good for that one and he finally apologized.  what owner of an exchange attempts to influence the market direction unless it benefitted himself in some way?  i could tell that the whipsaws and volatility were costing him and customers money yet the Zhoutonging continued.  this was his way of stripping money at customers expense.  he actually had to to stay profitable.  

and then the culmination of my efforts came from the "double ramp" (my term) from $3.50-$4.90 in a couple of minutes that i personally orchestrated.  if you'll remember that down in the dumps of those times it had become fashionable to short every ramp with leverage from Zhou as inevitably the price would turn back down and go lower. the Bears were making money like crazy doing this and were partying it up.  I had already helped turn the tide @ $2 by being a third of that bid wall and i could see the trend had changed to upwards but the Bears didn't see it and were still shorting each ramp.  so i waited for someone else to perform the first ramp from $2.90 to $3.90 or so (fuzzy on the exact price).  the Bears predictably came in shorting with leverage and the price came back in to $3.50.  and then i hit the BUY button with a massive order.  i'm sorry but i smiled big as the price took off up to $4.90 and the screams from the Bears was loud, clear and palpable.  there was blood everywhere.  so many ppl got Zhoutonged from that one.  see the problem with his setup was that his algo, the way it was written, would overreact to those buying spikes madly trying to hedge while buyers madly tried to buy while shorts madly tried to cover while everyone was being Zhoutonged. it was beautiful.

in the end, nobody listened and i gave up taking criticism from everyone for attacking a 17 yo, especially from the Bears defending Zhou.  God bless them. may they rest in peace.
cool story bro
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:30:49 PM

during the 2 mo i pounded on Zhou's ass during Oct-Nov, i kept identifying red flags everywhere. the way he had set things up was flawed from the beginning.  i pointed out problems like "slippage" with mtgox.  anytime he had to hedge a customers order that was delayed due to a bad connection with mtgox i'm sure it set him up for a catastrophic loss.  i told him i could set up accts at both places and short and buy simultaneously to "frontrun" his hedging.  i could tell by his lack of response or immature responses that he was thinking about what i was saying and then he would change his algorithm suddenly.  this was a huge red flag and from that point on i knew i had him. interspersed throughout this time, small outbursts and screams would occur from customers complaining about being Zhoutonged (another term i coined) from a malfunction of his algorithm. in response he would change the algorithm yet again, apologize, saying a few nice things, and reimburse customers which again is a huge red flag of someone trying to perpetuate the ponzi.  Zhou kept changing his stories and explanations.  he writes a ton but says very little.  

and then the culmination of my efforts came from the "double ramp" (my term) from $3.50-$4.90 in a couple of minutes that i personally orchestrated.  if you'll remember that down in the dumps of those times it had become fashionable to short every ramp with leverage from Zhou as inevitably the price would turn back down and go lower. the Bears were making money like crazy doing this and were partying it up.  I had already helped turn the tide @ $2 by being a third of that bid wall and i could see the trend had changed to upwards but the Bears didn't see it and were still shorting each ramp.  so i waited for someone else to perform the first ramp from $2.90 to $3.90 or so (fuzzy on the exact price).  the Bears predictably came in shorting with leverage and the price came back in to $3.50.  and then i hit the BUY button with a massive order.  i'm sorry but i smiled big as the price took off up to $4.90 and the screams from the Bears was loud, clear and palpable.  there was blood everywhere.  so many ppl got Zhoutonged from that one.  see the problem with his setup was that his algo, the way it was written, would overreact to those buying spikes madly trying to hedge while buyers madly tried to buy while shorts madly tried to cover while everyone was being Zhoutonged. it was beautiful.

cool story bro

and you were there.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 04:32:16 PM

cool story bro

and you were there.

fuck you moneybag
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:34:58 PM

cool story bro

and you were there.

fuck you moneybag

i just stated a fact.  no wonder you're on ignore.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:08:30 PM

Awesome story, cypherdoc. Thanks, both for the story and for helping slaughtering the pigs.

Ohh I see someone got already very emotional over this. Haha. Take it bears, you will be slaughtered as pig again and again and again by Bitcoin. See ya all at 100000$ (give or take a zero or two)

-
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:13:53 PM

the above discourse is all documented in my first two threads ever posted in the Spec Forum, "How many of you have been Zhoutonged" and "Warning:  How many of you have ever been the victim of a Short Squeeze" as well as in the original Bitcoinica threads.

oh yes, when Zhou started using the Starfish, i was the first to immediately relabel it as a "Big Red Bullseye" painted on the heads of anyone on the overpopulated side of the ship.  what a setup to get slaughtered.  amazing the immature moves Zhou made.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 05:26:37 PM

Ohh I see someone got already very emotional over this. Haha. Take it bears, you will be slaughtered as pig again and again and again by Bitcoin. See ya all at 100000$ (give or take a zero or two)

Well cypherdoc basically stated he has thrown more fiat onto BTC in one instance than I will ever earn in my entire life, and bragged about him cornering the market took away my funds.

What do you expect?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:32:25 PM

^^ don't swim with sharks
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:35:09 PM

Well cypherdoc basically stated he has thrown more fiat onto BTC in one instance than I will ever earn in my entire life, and bragged about him cornering the market took away my funds.

What do you expect?

were you not hootin' and hollerin' and partyin' and talking down with disdain at me and any other bull during that entire time?  oh i guess that's ok considerin' you claim you don't have alot of fiat. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: