Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032138 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:54:01 PM

Because hedging and adding to your position is cheating remember...  Roll Eyes

Nope, but none of that got disclosed at the time.  Its easy to go well I uh hedged and made this trade and that trade  weeks after the fact..

He's talking about his total position, not one trade.  You sure can be myopic.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:54:42 PM

Because hedging and adding to your position is cheating remember...  Roll Eyes

Nope, but none of that got disclosed at the time.  Its easy to go well I uh hedged and made this trade and that trade  weeks after the fact..

He's talking about his total position, not one trade.  You sure can be myopic.

He only disclosed the one trade.  If he wants to say +1% he needs to disclose the trades as he makes them otherwise, its BS.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:54:49 PM

I really for the life of me can't understand how such price jumps or drops are possible. I mean WTF, who would be so stupid to just dump their assets and crash the price like that? I don't get it..

well, me for one.  i put on a huge GLD short at $152.17 Grin

yes, you can put that one in the record too.

recorded!

You might regret this one Wink

Right here.

just checked my history record.  i added to that GLD short on 6/1 in mid $155's.  i probably posted about that in here too.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:56:16 PM

The Silverox Update:

Gold:  -8%

Bitcoin:  +18%

Diff:  26%

silverox GPL:  -13%

cypher's GLD short:  +1%, SLV short: +3.91%  miner shorts:  RGLD: +3.91%, GG: +3.78%, SLW:  +3.35%,

These are all imprecise as well.  He said approximately when he put them on but never gave exact numbers.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:57:46 PM

I really for the life of me can't understand how such price jumps or drops are possible. I mean WTF, who would be so stupid to just dump their assets and crash the price like that? I don't get it..

well, me for one.  i put on a huge GLD short at $152.17 Grin

yes, you can put that one in the record too.

recorded!

You might regret this one Wink

Right here.

just checked my history record.  i added to that GLD short on 6/1 in mid $155's.  i probably posted about that in here too.

You did post that you added, but not at what level, if you want to do math after the fact you need to establish starting points, the only one that you actually disclosed precisely was the 152.17 short.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:58:29 PM

The Silverox Update:

cypher's GLD short:  +1%, SLV short: +3.91%  miner shorts:  RGLD: +3.91%, GG: +3.78%, SLW:  +3.35%,

These are all imprecise as well.  He said approximately when he put them on but never gave exact numbers.

i'm just quoting off my brokerage acct records verbatim.  sorry if it's offending you.

i don't have the time or the inclination to be accountable to you.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:02:02 PM

You did post that you added, but not at what level, if you want to do math after the fact you need to establish starting points, the only one that you actually disclosed precisely was the 152.17 short.

It would be a lot of fucking hassle to post every trade he makes here just so you can check his math.  I doubt it's that important to him, and I'm sure he has much better things to do with his time.  If you want more specifics, join the newsletter, but you still won't get exact details on every trade.  He trades a lot.  I'm sorry you're losing money and he's gaining it, but that's no reason to make an ass of yourself and nitpick him for giving away some free advice while not giving away everything.

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:04:43 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 05:28:24 PM by silverbox

The Silverox Update:

i'm just quoting off my brokerage acct records verbatim.  sorry if it's offending you.

Didn't you post that you weren't going to disclose positions in this thread anymore?  What happened to that?  You get up a few percentage points up and all of sudden its tons of disclosure??  What you only like to talk about it and disclose your positions when your not losing?  

Why don't you establish hard numbers at the times of the trades if you want to talk about them after the fact..

The only one that you concretely established was the 152.17 GLD short.  The rest look reasonably accurate, but you never locked down those start positions with hard numbers.  
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:07:27 PM

It would be a lot of fucking hassle to post every trade he makes here just so you can check his math.  I doubt it's that important to him, and I'm sure he has much better things to do with his time.  If you want more specifics, join the newsletter, but you still won't get exact details on every trade.  He trades a lot.  I'm sorry you're losing money and he's gaining it, but that's no reason to make an ass of yourself and nitpick him for giving away some free advice while not giving away everything.

Really didn't Cypher claim that APPL was going to crash in 2 months to under 500... BTW I won that 10 BTC bet (thx for the coin Cypher).  I never fucking gloated about it, till now..

Wheres that crash Cypher was telling us about ??  Why isn't AAPL under 500 yet..

The great prognosticater was WRONG....
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:10:16 PM

The Silverox Update:

i'm just quoting off my brokerage acct records verbatim.  sorry if it's offending you.

Didn't you post that you weren't going to disclose positions in this thread anymore?  What happened to that?  You get up a few percentage points up and all of sudden its tons of disclosure??  What you only like to talk about it and disclose your positions when your not losing?  

Why don't you establish hard numbers at the times of the trades if you want to talk about them after the fact..

The only one that you concretely established was the 152.17 GLD short.  The rest look reasonably accurate, but you never locked down that start positions with hard numbers.  

According to my stats, I've spend over 42 days reading this forum.  I've never felt the need to ignore anybody until now.  I'm going to walk away from this thread now and hope when I come back I don't have to click ignore.  Again, sorry for your loss, but take it like a man instead of whining like a baby.  You're not important enough for him to spend an extra hour a day posting every trade just to satisfy you.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:11:08 PM

Really didn't Cypher claim that APPL was going to crash in 2 months to under 500... BTW I won that 10 BTC bet (thx for the coin Cypher).  I never fucking gloated about it, till now..

Wheres that crash Cypher was telling us about ??  Why isn't AAPL under 500 yet..

The great prognosticater was WRONG....

Sure, not every call has been spot on, but I've been making money following him, and he's making money too.

Assuming anybody is capable of being right 100% of the time is retarded.... Now for that break.

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:11:57 PM

The Silverox Update:

i'm just quoting off my brokerage acct records verbatim.  sorry if it's offending you.

The only one that you concretely established was the 152.17 GLD short.  The rest look reasonably accurate, but you never locked down that start positions with hard numbers.  

According to my stats, I've spend over 42 days reading this forum.  I've never felt the need to ignore anybody until now.  I'm going to walk away from this thread now and hope when I come back I don't have to click ignore.  Again, sorry for your loss, but take it like a man instead of whining like a baby.  You're not important enough for him to spend an extra hour a day posting every trade just to satisfy you.

Sure but I'm important enuf to bet with..  Uh huh.. 
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:33:11 PM

Making a one time bet is WAY less work than an ongoing commitment to update this thread every time he executes a trade (usually several per day).  He thought he had a chance to make some extra cash.  It worked out in your favor instead.  Quit staring at the trees, you're missing the forest.

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:41:42 PM

Making a one time bet is WAY less work than an ongoing commitment to update this thread every time he executes a trade (usually several per day).  He thought he had a chance to make some extra cash.  It worked out in your favor instead.  Quit staring at the trees, you're missing the forest.

You mean the forest of the stock and PM market collapses?  (That hasn't happened)

The forest of massive deflation emminently upon us??  (That hasn't happened)

Yeah I'm missing it all right..

All I see is a minor downturn until QE or the election.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:55:36 PM

You mean the forest of the stock and PM market collapses?  (That hasn't happened)

Cool story.  Been to the gas pump lately?

Good luck finding the bottom of this pit.  When the SHTF, I'll be buying to cover, and you'll be cutting losses and creating worse conditions for everyone else.

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:57:56 PM

Cool story.  Been to the gas pump lately?

Good luck finding the bottom of this pit.  When the SHTF, I'll be buying to cover, and you'll be cutting losses and creating worse conditions for everyone else.

Time will tell.  When prices start driving up after QE or the election, your risk exposure on your upside down shorts is infinite..  Hope you don't get taken to the cleaners to badly.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:00:05 PM

irrespective of what i think, you don't see a problem with your miners stocks and silver holdings being cut in half since the top?  or gold being down 18%?  how about GPL down 13% in such a short time period?
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:05:07 PM

irrespective of what i think, you don't see a problem with your miners stocks and silver holdings being cut in half since the top?  or gold being down 18%?  how about GPL down 13% in such a short time period?

I have never bought at the top.  This is still a long term commodity Bull market.  Buying the dips is how you make money in a long term Bull market..  I'll buy more GPL before the next fed meeting if it stays down here or dips further. 

GPL being down so much just means it will bounce back fast once the bull starts snorting again Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:28:15 PM

Sure but I'm important enuf to bet with..  Uh huh..  

Making a one time bet is WAY less work than an ongoing commitment to update this thread every time he executes a trade (usually several per day).  He thought he had a chance to make some extra cash.  It worked out in your favor instead.  Quit staring at the trees, you're missing the forest.

You mean the forest of the stock and PM market collapses?  (That hasn't happened)

The forest of massive deflation emminently upon us??  (That hasn't happened)

irrespective of what i think, you don't see a problem with your miners stocks and silver holdings being cut in half since the top?  or gold being down 18%?  how about GPL down 13% in such a short time period?

I have never bought at the top.  This is still a long term commodity Bull market.  Buying the dips is how you make money in a long term Bull market..  I'll buy more GPL before the next fed meeting if it stays down here or dips further.  

GPL being down so much just means it will bounce back fast once the bull starts snorting again Wink

buying miners this past year or GPL recently takes alot of balls 12 yrs into a bull mkt.  i don't begrudge you thinking "long term" that this bull can continue.  let's just hope you're not wrong b/c there are alot of us who think we've reached a tipping point in both public and private debt that will reverse the linear, inflationary upwards thinking of the last 40 yrs.  and it may not matter one iota that Ben tries more QE even though there are no signs he will do more just yet.

just don't begrudge us that like to trade corners for months at a time b/c a lot of money can be made doing so even if the bull mkt continues.  you may like to focus on my GLD short at 152 but i've made it publicly clear i've been shorting gold/silver/miners most of the way down from May/August last year, the records of which are plain to see in my history.  there were even times when i covered like from Oct to April.

there could very well come a time when i'll be bullish on pm's again but i think it will be a few years from now.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:44:28 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 09:59:52 PM by silverbox

Sure but I'm important enuf to bet with..  Uh huh..  

Making a one time bet is WAY less work than an ongoing commitment to update this thread every time he executes a trade (usually several per day).  He thought he had a chance to make some extra cash.  It worked out in your favor instead.  Quit staring at the trees, you're missing the forest.

You mean the forest of the stock and PM market collapses?  (That hasn't happened)

The forest of massive deflation emminently upon us??  (That hasn't happened)

irrespective of what i think, you don't see a problem with your miners stocks and silver holdings being cut in half since the top?  or gold being down 18%?  how about GPL down 13% in such a short time period?

I have never bought at the top.  This is still a long term commodity Bull market.  Buying the dips is how you make money in a long term Bull market..  I'll buy more GPL before the next fed meeting if it stays down here or dips further.  

buying miners this past year or GPL recently takes alot of balls 12 yrs into a bull mkt.  i don't begrudge you thinking "long term" that this bull can continue.  let's just hope you're not wrong b/c there are alot of us who think we've reached a tipping point in both public and private debt that will reverse the linear, inflationary upwards thinking of the last 40 yrs.  and it may not matter one iota that Ben tries more QE even though there are no signs he will do more just yet.

just don't begrudge us that like to trade corners for months at a time b/c a lot of money can be made doing so even if the bull mkt continues.  you may like to focus on my GLD short at 152 but i've made it publicly clear i've been shorting gold/silver/miners most of the way down from May/August last year, the records of which are plain to see in my history.  there were even times when i covered like from Oct to April.

there could very well come a time when i'll be bullish on pm's again but i think it will be a few years from now.

phh miners did this same exact thing once already, during 2008 very similiar pattern to what we see today.  You've stated your corner in PM's, and what I'm saying is that I think this is close to the bottom, we've pulled back, its up from here.  I will be buying at lower then this level for years if thats what it takes, but I don't think I'll be waiting anywhere close to that long..  My strategy, my risks are limited to what I've bet.  With shorts if your stubborn, you have infinite risk...  

Everyone still wants to drive a nice car, live in a nice house, go to a nice place to eat and shop (to buy crap to put in their nice house that they don't need)..  Its human nature to consume more and more, the third world nations are just getting started on their consumption of global resources..  The population is still rising, the standard of living worldwide is too.   Demand is UP for commodities and will continue to rise.  

Finite amount of resourses, with more fiat to chase them, with a higher demand  =  BULL MARKET.

When people stop fucking and wanting nice stuff, I'll stop buying commodities and PMs.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: