Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:39:42 PM

Pretty funny. Say you were given the choice of owning Apple or owning Exxon Mobile. Who in their right mind would choose Apple? Well, the market (and therefore the majority of the people) apparently.

Any day now the supply of oil is going to peak, and Exxon Mobile is going to tank. Or something like that.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:45:44 PM

Still waiting for an update on percentages... Smiley
Me too, cypherdoc tends to become quite humble and quiet once the price doesn't go his way. Grin

wow, now it's only gone 82% my way since the beginning of this thread.   Roll Eyes

+1

IT seems people only like to make claims of "crash" when price goes down but neglect to mention that the price went up in percentage terms much more than it fell. LOL

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:53:20 PM

I just wish the great prognosticator would have made a thread/post saying SELL at 15.40 Smiley.

Instead he accused me of throwing BTC under the bus because I said BTC was likely to fall.

Wait I was right, it fell Wink..

You might even say it crashed..  a 50% haircut pretty much qualifies..
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:59:52 PM

I just wish the great prognosticator would have made a thread/post saying SELL at 15.40 Smiley.

Instead he accused me of throwing BTC under the bus because I said BTC was likely to fall.

Well "likely to fall" is't much of a prediction....price goes up and down by fractions of pennies too.

Got any predictions?  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:03:19 PM

Well "likely to fall" is't much of a prediction....price goes up and down by fractions of pennies too.

Got any predictions?  Cheesy

I predict that the BTC/USD price will change by more than 5% in the next 14 days. ;p

You might not want to say such unless you will agree that each of us can PM you every time the Silver/USD price 'crashes' versus any kind of comparable tick that we see fit..  Kiss

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

You might even say it crashed..  a 50% haircut pretty much qualifies..

my subs know that i did predict at least 2-3 days ahead on 8/15 that there would be a dip.  no, i didn't anticipate a 55% dip but then no one else here did either.  and certainly not you ahead of time.

you said it would go to 5 or 6 only after it started falling.  it hasn't done that either so you're just a troll trolling.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:17:11 PM

my subs know that i did predict at least 2 days ahead on 8/15 that there would be a dip.  no, i didn't anticipate a 55% dip but then no one else here did either.  and certainly not you ahead of time.

you said it would go to 5 or 6 only after it started falling.  it hasn't done that either so you're just a troll trolling.

There you go again getting it all twisted I said "5-6 before the end of the weekend could be here." on Friday...

7.50 is pretty freaking close.

Much better then your prediction..  Oh wait you didn't predict anything..  Just said I was throwing BTC under the bus..
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:19:20 PM

Me too, cypherdoc tends to become quite humble and quiet once the price doesn't go his way. Grin

wow, now it's only gone 82% my way since the beginning of this thread.   Roll Eyes

If one cuts out the previous 30 days the current ~$10 is a pretty promising trend.

The fact that BTC had a bit of an explosion to $15 speaks volumes (to me) that is has very decent potential for high yield by any standards as a speculative investment/bet.

I must add, however, my personal belief that one better be ready to be nimble, and one better be able to understand some fairly technical material in order to maximize one's chance of capitalizing if Bitcoin does indeed take off.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:30:55 PM

my subs know that i did predict at least 2 days ahead on 8/15 that there would be a dip.  no, i didn't anticipate a 55% dip but then no one else here did either.  and certainly not you ahead of time.

There you go again getting it all twisted I said "5-6 before the end of the weekend could be here." on Friday...

Much better then your prediction..  Oh wait you didn't predict anything..  Just said I was throwing BTC under the bus..

hmmmm..

Never seen gold crash like this..  EVER.

I'm pretty bummed actually.  Nothing is gonna stop this train ride down..  5-6 before the end of the weekend could be here.

Sucks.

Master Troll silverbox,

you made that wrong call only after it started crashing on 8/17.

i made my prediction of an upcoming dip along with the timing of the bottom on 8/15 ahead of time.  not here publicly but in my updates.  my only error, if you can call it an error, was the extent of the dip.  no one that i know of called a 55% dip.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:37:36 PM

If one cuts out the previous 30 days the current ~$10 is a pretty promising trend.

The fact that BTC had a bit of an explosion to $15 speaks volumes (to me) that is has very decent potential for high yield by any standards as a speculative investment/bet.

I must add, however, my personal belief that one better be ready to be nimble, and one better be able to understand some fairly technical material in order to maximize one's chance of capitalizing if Bitcoin does indeed take off.

this is a good point.  what also gave me confidence from the very of Bitcoin was the initial ramp to $32.  there's a reason it took off like that even though it crashed subsequently.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:44:31 PM

Much better then your prediction..  Oh wait you didn't predict anything..  Just said I was throwing BTC under the bus..

hmmmm..

Never seen gold crash like this..  EVER.

I'm pretty bummed actually.  Nothing is gonna stop this train ride down..  5-6 before the end of the weekend could be here.

Sucks.

Master Troll silverbox,

you made that wrong call only after it started crashing on 8/17.

i made my prediction of an upcoming dip along with the timing of the bottom on 8/15 ahead of time.  not here publicly but in my updates.  my only error, if you can call it an error, was the extent of the dip.  no one that i know of called a 55% dip.

and where were you with your prediction for where it would fall too??

Oh wait.. Silent..  Noo, not silent, saying I was throwing BTC under the bus..  Kind of a like a ?? Bull..  When it was eating itself.  and 55% is a crash, lol.  Not a dip.  That would be like gold dipping to 700, roflmao.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

this is a good point.  what also gave me confidence from the very of Bitcoin was the initial ramp to $32.  there's a reason it took off like that even though it crashed subsequently.

I'm not the one who first pointed this out, but a birds-eye view of the price pasterns over the last two years do not really match the more typical scams.  To me it seems to more align with a novel, interesting, and poorly understood opportunity which is evolving and still seeking a rational value point.

I actually don't buy the suggestion that traditional external event play to much of a role in BTC valuations.  Nor that either Bitcoinica nor even the Pirate's thing have as much of an impact as a lot of people seem to think.  The volatility (and for that matter, periods of stability) seem to me to be more or less explainable by the thinness of the market, the mysterious nature of the solution, and by it's continued success insofar as the base solution has not yet been broken.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:54:10 PM

Oh wait.. Silent..  Noo, not silent, saying I was throwing BTC under the bus..  Kind of a like a ?? Bull..  When it was eating itself.  and 55% is a crash, lol.  Not a dip.  That would be like gold dipping to 700, roflmao.

it's really quite sad that you're getting your panties all twisted up desperately trying to discredit me when it has been clear that i, so far, made a good decision to sell all my silver and most of my gold last year and put it into Bitcoin.  more and more ppl are coming around to this idea despite your continued trolling, and yes, attempts to throw Bitcoin under the bus.  the statistics say it all.

personally i will continue to call this 3d pullback a dip if the price continues to recover as it seems to be doing and as i have called for.  i didn't bat an eye throughout the whole dip b/c i know the fundamentals are still there and Bitcoin's future is bright.  i don't get excited by these pullbacks like you.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:01:55 AM

I'm not the one who first pointed this out, but a birds-eye view of the price pasterns over the last two years do not really match the more typical scams.  To me it seems to more align with a novel, interesting, and poorly understood opportunity which is evolving and still seeking a rational value point.

I actually don't buy the suggestion that traditional external event play to much of a role in BTC valuations.  Nor that either Bitcoinica nor even the Pirate's thing have as much of an impact as a lot of people seem to think.  The volatility (and for that matter, periods of stability) seem to me to be more or less explainable by the thinness of the market, the mysterious nature of the solution, and by it's continued success insofar as the base solution has not yet been broken.

we seem to be agreeing alot more these days.  i too don't think that Pirate or other external events will effect the long term trajectory of Bitcoin.  events like these possibly may move prices for a day or so but in the end they don't matter much.  we were destined to get a pullback and this prediction seems to have been obvious to many of us no matter what type of analysis we were doing on the market.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:06:43 AM

personally i will continue to call this 3d pullback a dip if the price continues to recover as it seems to be doing and as i have called for.  i didn't bat an eye throughout the whole dip b/c i know the fundamentals are still there and Bitcoin's future is bright.  i don't get excited by these pullbacks like you.

It's just a dip no matter how low it goes... Pandora's box and all that.

You do get emotional when gold and silver dip Smiley
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:34:33 AM

Oh wait.. Silent..  Noo, not silent, saying I was throwing BTC under the bus..  Kind of a like a ?? Bull..  When it was eating itself.  and 55% is a crash, lol.  Not a dip.  That would be like gold dipping to 700, roflmao.

it's really quite sad that you're getting your panties all twisted up desperately trying to discredit me when it has been clear that i, so far, made a good decision to sell all my silver and most of my gold last year and put it into Bitcoin.  more and more ppl are coming around to this idea despite your continued trolling, and yes, attempts to throw Bitcoin under the bus.  the statistics say it all.

personally i will continue to call this 3d pullback a dip if the price continues to recover as it seems to be doing and as i have called for.  i didn't bat an eye throughout the whole dip b/c i know the fundamentals are still there and Bitcoin's future is bright.  i don't get excited by these pullbacks like you.

I don't get excited.  I saw this pullback clearly enuf to sell high..  Like you didn't.  Sorry you missed it.  But its more likley to go lower this week then higher...  BTC=9.89 currently.  You could still sell and rebuy later..  If you dare!! Wink

The Pirate party is over..  
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:36:43 AM

Oh wait.. Silent..  Noo, not silent, saying I was throwing BTC under the bus..  Kind of a like a ?? Bull..  When it was eating itself.  and 55% is a crash, lol.  Not a dip.  That would be like gold dipping to 700, roflmao.

it's really quite sad that you're getting your panties all twisted up desperately trying to discredit me when it has been clear that i, so far, made a good decision to sell all my silver and most of my gold last year and put it into Bitcoin.  more and more ppl are coming around to this idea despite your continued trolling, and yes, attempts to throw Bitcoin under the bus.  the statistics say it all.

personally i will continue to call this 3d pullback a dip if the price continues to recover as it seems to be doing and as i have called for.  i didn't bat an eye throughout the whole dip b/c i know the fundamentals are still there and Bitcoin's future is bright.  i don't get excited by these pullbacks like you.

I don't get excited.  I saw this pullback clearly enuf to sell high..  Like you didn't.  Sorry you missed it.  But its more likley to go lower this week then higher...  BTC=9.89 currently.  You could still sell and rebuy later..  If you dare!! Wink

Or is it...looks like bitlane is shouting threats in the service discussion forum.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:39:00 AM

ok.  we'll put that on record.  you sold out and have not bought back in yet.  so if it continues to rise you will be left behind and your trolling for silver and gold will get even more intense.

yes, i didn't sell one BTC.  they're all in cold storage b/c i think we have a long way to go.  this was but a flesh wound.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:47:19 AM

ok.  we'll put that on record.  you sold out and have not bought back in yet.  so if it continues to rise you will be left behind and your trolling for silver and gold will get even more intense.

yes, i didn't sell one BTC.  they're all in cold storage b/c i think we have a long way to go.  this was but a flesh wound.

So says shylock Wink
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 01:05:56 AM

it has been clear that i, so far, made a good decision to sell all my silver and most of my gold last year and put it into Bitcoin.

I do not think the minuscule Bitcoin market is large enough yet to draw any reliable correlations; but if the market were larger and the capital pools deep enough I could see the current inverse relationship between Bitcoin and gold maintained. Currently, in the universe of finance Bitcoin barely registers as a few atoms. But $3m+/day in volume over the past few days with such volatility is very encouraging for its future.

This proposed rule by the FDIC could have huge implications for the gold price.

So, when it comes to preserving wealth gold is it. Nevertheless, I think Bitcoin has been an is going to be a great speculative and wealth transfer play.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: