Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032126 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:45:11 PM

What happened to all of Cyphers supporters?  Who said he was right about the big crash in the stock market and collapse in PMs that were about to doom us all..

If they don't show up pretty soon to help him out, I might have to switch sides and argue for the collapse of PM's Wink

brimming with confidence, eh?

we need an update, btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:51:23 PM

This thread was started 3/13:

Bitcoin  5.40

Gold 1690

today 9/8:

Bitcoin 11.06 (up ~105%)

Gold 1735   (up ~3%)

BTC seems to be holding steady, after the 35% crash, in the 10-11 range.

Gold is UP

BTC is still outperforming gold.

GPL 2.24  (Silver lg  @ 1.98)  I might have to calc the percent increase on this one pretty soon, turning into a nice little profit.  
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:51:28 PM

What happened to all of Cyphers supporters?  Who said he was right about the big crash in the stock market and collapse in PMs that were about to doom us all..

If they don't show up pretty soon to help him out, I might have to switch sides and argue for the collapse of PM's Wink

we need an update, btw.

PMs arent ever going away. Remember bitcoin is only 4 years old or so.

Bitcoin could take off and it could fail. Even Gavin admits that it is an experiment.

PMs have shown they can be used as money in past as long as the actual metal is traded and not paper.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:53:10 PM

we need an update, btw.

PMs arent ever going away. Remember bitcoin is only 4 years old or so.

Bitcoin could take off and it could fail. Even Gavin admits that it is an experiment.

PMs have shown they can be used as money in past as long as the actual metal is traded and not paper.

tell me how i pay that programmer $10 with gold on the other side of the world that helped me the other day.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:54:09 PM

This thread was started 3/13:

Bitcoin  5.40

Gold 1690

today 9/8:

Bitcoin 11.06 (up ~105%)

Gold 1735   (up ~3%)

Gold is UP

BTC is still outperforming gold.

GPL 2.24  (Silver lg  @ 1.98)  I might have to calc the percent increase on this one pretty soon, turning into a nice little profit.  

Difference:  102% advantage Bitcoin.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 09:15:34 PM

The only thing holding up gold is the fact that everyone is betting that the USD will collapse, and everyone on wall st. will  buy gold like mad fools when it does...

this couldn't be more wrong.

their are MANY MANY other commodities to dump your $ in in-order to protect against this hyper inflation.

gold is easy to push on poeple,

but I think buying anything else will give you a better outcome when the shit hits the fan.

copper is 0% speculative value. its 3$ a pound because that's what its worth

gold is 90% speculative value. its 1700$ an ounce, because people are suckers.

if the USD does in fact implode ( this is kinda crazy, but i guess it could sorta happen ) traders aren't going to bump up gold 10000%.... they are simply going to buy ALL kinds of commodities, and probably avoid gold because it will be in a bubble on-top of a bubble...  4000$ for an oz of gold... what a joke...

sorry guys... I blame "Gold Line" for my hate of this gold BS.  Tongue

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:26:06 PM

tell me how i pay that programmer $10 with gold on the other side of the world that helped me the other day.

$10.  Wow!  Did you get any conditional statements for that kind of green?

To answer your question, though, hopefully one day providers of trinkets such as gold will also be fluent in Bitcoin.  So, you give you programmer (or organ donor or whatever) a code which he can redeem at his local shop.  As long as such establishments are not wrecked by the government sponsored brown-shirts the development of such solutions would be a big step forward for Bitcoin.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:43:02 PM

if the USD does in fact implode ( this is kinda crazy, but i guess it could sorta happen ) traders aren't going to bump up gold 10000%.... they are simply going to buy ALL kinds of commodities, and probably avoid gold because it will be in a bubble on-top of a bubble...  4000$ for an oz of gold... what a joke...

sorry guys... I blame "Gold Line" for my hate of this gold BS.  Tongue

I share your hate for Gold Line and gold buggery.

I think silver will break out when the shit hits the fan. It has more industrial uses than gold and demand outpaces production and supply. When the Lala Land of fiat melts away and the real value of commodities are compared to their past manipulated values, silver will shoot through the roof. Silver has already outperformed gold in the past 8-10 years.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 11:05:47 PM by labestiol

Sorry guys, there's quite a long history which contradicts with you.
Not saying you're wrong that other metals/commodities will also shoot up, but gold also will (and I agree that silver/gold ratio will probably go lower in the long term, for basics fundamental reasons).
And no, gold is not yet in a bubble. You could argue that it was in some sort of short term bubble a year ago, like silver a year and a half ago, but it popped, and now we are at the bottom.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/02/15/131430755/a-chemist-explains-why-gold-beat-out-lithium-osmium-einsteinium.

This article is a good answer to the "Why Gold ?" question. Just the best properties as a store of value, selected by a long experiment (thousands of years).
That's the reason why the "Gold line" is an easy push : It's an optimal choice. It is the best kind of money people have found in History*.
For the comparison with say copper or silver : Try to pass borders with years of saving in silver or copper, you'll understand the issue (though silver is probably not that bad if you're not too wealthy).

And I also don't think everyone and their mother own gold, that's just false. They own paper, in various forms (most of them denominated in USD). And they will be the one to suffer.
Never forget, there's two component in the price of gold (or any price) : Value of gold/Value of USD. What we are seeing is not that much a rise in value of gold, it's more a loss in the value of the USD.
I'm not sure USD is gonna implode btw. That's the catastrophic scenario, if they can't prevent hyperinflation. But I'm sure it'll loose a lot more value in the next decades. So yep, the price will shoot to numbers which seems totally absurds, even if the value of gold stays the same.

* : And before cypherdoc comes saying that there's a better money, which is called bitcoin : Bitcoin had been created/discovered, and some of us recognize its superior properties. Now we have to wait for it to be selected by mankind.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
labestiol

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:37:45 PM

What's interesting is that there's been for example Bill Murphy from gata quoting "insider" sources doing bold (crazy ? stupid ?) predictions, like 100% upside in 90 days.  (link). And from what I know he's not a "gold to the moon tomorrow" kind of analyst.
Time will tell I guess.

A follow up on Bill Murphy. First, his "bold predictions" were made at the beginning of August. With the breakout last three weeks, it now sounds a lot less crazy.
He was in Capital Account this week, a really good interview, especially if you've never heard about him. And anyway, Lauren Lyster makes Capital Account always nice to watch  Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVsosT3GAw

Tough to know if all these manipulation allegations are 100% true, but honestly, I wouldn't be shocked (quite the opposite)

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:43:23 PM

It was not a crash, but a sudden spike which was quickly corrected.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:43:21 AM

* : And before cypherdoc comes saying that there's a better money, which is called bitcoin : Bitcoin had been created/discovered, and some of us recognize its superior properties. Now we have to wait for it to be selected by mankind.

but labestiol, there's a better money, which is called bitcoin.  Grin
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:44:31 AM

What's interesting is that there's been for example Bill Murphy from gata quoting "insider" sources doing bold (crazy ? stupid ?) predictions, like 100% upside in 90 days.  (link). And from what I know he's not a "gold to the moon tomorrow" kind of analyst.
Time will tell I guess.

A follow up on Bill Murphy. First, his "bold predictions" were made at the beginning of August. With the breakout last three weeks, it now sounds a lot less crazy.
He was in Capital Account this week, a really good interview, especially if you've never heard about him. And anyway, Lauren Lyster makes Capital Account always nice to watch  Tongue

Tough to know if all these manipulation allegations are 100% true, but honestly, I wouldn't be shocked (quite the opposite)

as a former subscriber of Le Metropole Cafe, he's been calling for a ramp for years.  what do they say about a broken clock?
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 06:14:58 AM

as a former subscriber of Le Metropole Cafe, he's been calling for a ramp for years.  what do they say about a broken clock?

Heard some whispers about some major information coming out in the next 2-3 weeks.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:20:25 AM

Time will tell I guess.

Well just as bitcoin doesn't turn into $1000 per coin over night, the same too applies to PMs. Patience and long term investing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

labestiol

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:36:56 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 09:50:51 AM by labestiol

What's interesting is that there's been for example Bill Murphy from gata quoting "insider" sources doing bold (crazy ? stupid ?) predictions, like 100% upside in 90 days.  (link). And from what I know he's not a "gold to the moon tomorrow" kind of analyst.
Time will tell I guess.

He was in Capital Account this week, a really good interview, especially if you've never heard about him. And anyway, Lauren Lyster makes Capital Account always nice to watch  Tongue

as a former subscriber of Le Metropole Cafe, he's been calling for a ramp for years.  what do they say about a broken clock?

Well just as bitcoin doesn't turn into $1000 per coin over night, the same too applies to PMs. Patience and long term investing.

No, this time it's different Grin
What he is basically implying is that other big players are squeezing them. They know they will go under, and they are fleecing them.
And I guess the "major information" people are whispering should be the result of the CFTC investigation on market manipulation.

If all this is true, then metals could shoot up quite fast. If JPM goes under, so does SLV. And it could drag GLD/HSBC with them. Would be a BIG shitstorm.

Again, last 3 weeks action makes a big short squeeze somewhat plausible. Interesting also to note that the big moves last two weeks where on Fridays (betting on a bankruptcy during the week end ?)

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:07:07 AM

What's interesting is that there's been for example Bill Murphy from gata quoting "insider" sources doing bold (crazy ? stupid ?) predictions, like 100% upside in 90 days.  (link). And from what I know he's not a "gold to the moon tomorrow" kind of analyst.
Time will tell I guess.

He was in Capital Account this week, a really good interview, especially if you've never heard about him. And anyway, Lauren Lyster makes Capital Account always nice to watch  Tongue

as a former subscriber of Le Metropole Cafe, he's been calling for a ramp for years.  what do they say about a broken clock?

No, this time it's different Grin
What he is basically implying is that other big players are squeezing them. They know they will go under, and they are fleecing them.
And I guess the "major information" people are whispering should be the result of the CFTC investigation on market manipulation.

If all this is true, then metals could shoot up quite fast. If JPM goes under, so does SLV. And it could drag GLD/HSBC with them. Would be a BIG shitstorm.

Again, last 3 weeks action makes a big short squeeze somewhat plausible. Interesting also to note that the big moves last two weeks where on Fridays (betting on a bankruptcy during the week end ?)

How would you know what he's referring to?
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:10:51 AM

If JPM goes under, so does SLV. And it could drag GLD/HSBC with them. Would be a BIG shitstorm.

If JPM goes under, half of the EBT cards in American goes with them.

That's JPM's insurance policy. They'll be the last to fall.
labestiol

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:22:48 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 11:00:31 AM by labestiol

I don't know, just my best guess. I would be happy to have sunnankar opinion on that.
Hell, two years ago I was completely illiterate in economy/finance. And I love wearing tinfoil hats. So I'm sure I could very well be wrong.

If JPM goes under, so does SLV. And it could drag GLD/HSBC with them. Would be a BIG shitstorm.

If JPM goes under, half of the EBT cards in American goes with them.

That's JPM's insurance policy. They'll be the last to fall.

I agree with that, that's why I'm still using conditionals and "If this is true" kind of sentence everywhere.
I have troubles seeing these houses of cards falling. But I do think they will at some point.
I also have problems thinking the CFTC will throw them under the bus. But stranger things have happened.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 05:16:32 PM

I don't know, just my best guess. I would be happy to have sunnankar opinion on that.
Hell, two years ago I was completely illiterate in economy/finance. And I love wearing tinfoil hats. So I'm sure I could very well be wrong.

Just seems to be a lot of dots to connect which end up in geo-politics, like this, this and this which is tied in with this, this and this.

If you ask for your stuff back and they do not give it to you then what recourse do you have?

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: