Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376924 times)
IanDeMartino

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:18:28 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 06:33:09 PM by IanDeMartino

Yes, I am a little leery about these transaction fees being truly lost, but at this point, what does it really matter? This is such a shitshow every way you look at it.

I was thinking about this earlier today. On one hand, I feel the need to let people know when they are [allegedly] being scammed. That is my job.

But on the other hand, if someone is still investing in Paycoin, not sure anything could talk them out of it at this point.

I always think that the latest scandal will be the last scandal, but from a journalist's perspective, Paycoin is the gift that keeps giving. It is like the Terrell Owens of the Bitcoin world in that way, only without the unique talents.

People are still investing, I think this might be my last article on them. If everything that is out there already doesn't scare people away, there is no helping them and I would be better served looking for what is "next".

Still, have to finish off this story and get the end of "BurnGate" out into the non-bitcoin talk forum reading public.

On the interest rate: That will of course be mentioned to. As will the mention of non-replies about that issue.

Tips: 1BJXcqnQyQipwo5ft1WzZpV3qJGEDE2JkP
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

I just found my new funny guy on HT.  This stuff cracks me up. Joshra Guano lol

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:21:03 PM

Yes, I am a little leery about these transaction fees being truly lost, but at this point, what does it really matter? This is such a shitshow every way you look at it.

I was thinking about this earlier today. On one hand, I feel the need to let people know when they are [allegedly] being scammed. That is my job.

But on the other hand, if someone is still investing in Paycoin, not sure anything could talk them out of it at this point.

I always think that the latest scandal will be the last scandal, but from a journalist's perspective, Paycoin is the gift that keeps giving. It is like the Terrell Owens of the Bitcoin world in that way, only without the unique talents.

People are still investing, I think this might be my last article on them. If everything that is out there already doesn't scare people away, there is no helping them and I would be better served looking for what is "next".

Still, have to finish off this story and get the end of "BurnGate" out into the non-bitcoin talk forum reading public.

On the interest rate: That will of course be mentioned to. As will the mention of non-replies about that issue.

I'm no C expert, but if you look at main.cpp, lines 1716-1719, there is this comment and debug code (?):

Code:
    // paycoin: fees are not collected by miners as in bitcoin
    // paycoin: fees are destroyed to compensate the entire network
    if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
        printf("ConnectBlock() : destroy=%s nFees=%"PRI64d"\n", FormatMoney(nFees).c_str(), nFees);

Maybe it gets someone closer to answering your question for sure. Thanks for your articles. Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:24:57 PM

Hey, stupid question:  Why doesn't someone march over to their office in Connecticut and see who they can get to interview?   Might be interesting to see who is there(50 employees) and get a real person to talk to?  Offer a $50 bounty or something to do the legwork?  I'd contribute.

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
IanDeMartino

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:36:39 PM

I'm no C expert, but if you look at main.cpp, lines 1716-1719, there is this comment and debug code (?):

Code:
        printf("ConnectBlock() : destroy=%s nFees=%"PRI64d"\n", FormatMoney(nFees).c_str(), nFees);

Maybe it gets someone closer to answering your question for sure. Thanks for your articles. Smiley

Nice, that does help a lot. From my very basic understanding, it looks like fees are destroyed, but I am unsure. Particularly about the PRI64d\n part. I see PRI64d in other PoS coins by doing a simple google search and a few more times in the code. My guess is it is somehow related to CoinAge, but again, I am really speaking out of my element here. (like, so much so, I am sure someone will come here and tell me how much of an idiot I am any second)

bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:41:01 PM

Man who's losing thousands of dollars on this shit STILL? Disability checks can't be that big.

They aren't.  However you seem to have a problem with people with disabilities so keep spouting your idiotic crap.  You don't contribute much to this discussion do you?  Usually slurs against the disabled or  one line comments.

Hardly "Legendary"

Look bud, stupidity is a disability that doesn't deserve welfare. It's a debilitating illness but I believe it's intentional. Leave the checks to real disabilities like blindness and paralysis. Those people are deserving.

IanDeMartino

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:42:51 PM

Hey, stupid question:  Why doesn't someone march over to their office in Connecticut and see who they can get to interview?   Might be interesting to see who is there(50 employees) and get a real person to talk to?  Offer a $50 bounty or something to do the legwork?  I'd contribute.

That is a bit out of my budget at this time. If they are still kicking this summer when I'll be in the New England area, maybe I'll go check that out. I have a feeling all this will be resolved by that time.

bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:44:12 PM

Nice, that does help a lot. From my very basic understanding, it looks like fees are destroyed, but I am unsure. Particularly about the PRI64d\n part. I see PRI64d in other PoS coins by doing a simple google search and a few more times in the code. My guess is it is somehow related to CoinAge, but again, I am really speaking out of my element here. (like, so much so, I am sure someone will come here and tell me how much of an idiot I am any second)

I'm pretty sure PRI64d is just formatting an integer. So that would be where "nFees" goes in the string.
IanDeMartino

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:48:11 PM

I'm pretty sure PRI64d is just formatting an integer. So that would be where "nFees" goes in the string.

So, if I find a PR164d that receives "nFee" then that would show they haven't been destroyed?

eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:01:33 PM

Code:

That code snipped does not destroy anything.  It does show in a comment that the coins are to be destroyed, but the printf statement only prints the formatted variable, it does not achieve anything like destruction.  Also, this code snippet is only activated if the fDebug variable is TRUE; presumably for test purposes not for live wallet.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
bumpershot

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:02:17 PM

So, if I find a PR164d that receives "nFee" then that would show they haven't been destroyed?

No, what I'm saying is that PRI64d is just a placeholder in the string for any integer.

So if I had printf("The Number Is %"PRI64d" In Case You Care\n", 4);

I'd get

"The Number Is 4 In Case You Care"
truckinusa

Activity: 534

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:02:44 PM

Hey, stupid question:  Why doesn't someone march over to their office in Connecticut and see who they can get to interview?   Might be interesting to see who is there(50 employees) and get a real person to talk to?  Offer a $50 bounty or something to do the legwork?  I'd contribute.

That is a bit out of my budget at this time. If they are still kicking this summer when I'll be in the New England area, maybe I'll go check that out. I have a feeling all this will be resolved by that time.
I'm willing to contribute $25 if anyone wants to join me.  The interviewer would have to submit their article to your blog or Coinfire and be published.  Just wondering what is going on over there and if they really have 50 employees like they claim.  Some photos of the office would be nice too.  I think the smartest way to go about this would be to enlist some help from one of the local newspapers.  Maybe tag team with a reporter if you can get them interested?

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
paycum

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:11:03 PM

No, what I'm saying is that PRI64d is just a placeholder in the string for any integer.

So if I had printf("The Number Is %"PRI64d" In Case You Care\n", 4);

I'd get

"The Number Is 4 In Case You Care"

Indeed the line of code is just an output, used for testing purposes or something like that to see what the results of the output is. its impossible to exactly say what value PRI64d is based on by just showing us these 2 lines of code.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bumpershot

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:31:10 PM

If I had time to work on this, I'd look at the code from which Paycoin was ripped (ppcoin or something, right?), find out what they do to the fees in that code, and see how that segment of code is changed in the Paycoin code.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:38:20 PM

If I had time to work on this, I'd look at the code from which Paycoin was ripped (ppcoin or something, right?), find out what they do to the fees in that code, and see how that segment of code is changed in the Paycoin code.

sunny king's peercoin

these guys talked about it a while ago and talk about the code https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w90SspSJSgs&t=5m50s

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

That could be used for any integer its not a smoking gun.

systematicdeception

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:31:34 PM

Another sad instance of Josh shutting down a concerned investor...

Customer wrote,
why do you continue to do nothing? You are just letting everything crash, you do know that doing nothing and letting everything fail will be used against you in court when you try to say i'm sorry Judge we tried it just failed.
No matter how many lawyers you get to protect yourself there are more of us with many truthful stories and evidence you thought you erased to make sure the Jury see's how and what you did to us that believed in you. How you swindled us and lied on almost every occasion
Can I ask a personal question? are you a Pathological Liar or a Compulsive one?  We have every right to be angry at you while you sit and do nothing but lie. You say you have a staff and devs but do not see anyone standing with you. You say you are continuing to push and fight to make Paycoin work yet we see not 1 thing happen from you. We see you recruiting and asking people in the community to do your job and your ( non existent ) staff work. Seems they want no part of the storm heading your way. There will be no rock you can hide under the people you have swindled are all over the world. You have only one choice fix things, do everything you said you would. Even if you crawl back and beg forgiveness from the people who can help make all the things happen. The 2 month broken wallet says to everyone that you have no Devs to work even on a simple wallet bug. Hell @daffy even reported how you can fix ... you remember him right one of the hundreds/thousands you banned for calling you out on the lies. You do not have anyone (hardly) standing with you who started with you in good faith believing in you. You have slapped every person in the face. Ask your family if they are prepared for having to hide so that all the cheated people you swindle will not find you and somehow take out their anger for stealing all their savings? There are a lot of crazy people in this world and some are more crazy. I know in this day and age I would never want to have a angry mob on my heels.

Josh simply replied,
I am reporting your messages to the authorities

Josh Garza
CEO- GAW Corp

bumpershot

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:41:05 PM

Josh simply replied,
I am reporting your messages to the authorities

Josh Garza
CEO- GAW Corp

How exactly do you report that to the authorities?

"Yes, police? Hi. Someone just wrote me a mean message on the internet."

"Oh."

"You don't seem to understand. He mentioned my family."

"Okay. I'll print it and put it in our special internet message board file. . . . Jackass."
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:43:29 PM

Lol why wasn't that archived I would loved to have seen that.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

Bitcoinwisdom needs to fix that stupid manipulation that changes the color of the candle.

Definitely. Doesn't always work, but you see a bot buy right after most huge dumps and many times it will make it look like a buy.

How can they fix something that is not broken? The bot instantly buys the nearest ask after the dumps, which most likely is the price before the dump (because of the very illiquid market) and thus sets the price to that. If there is no other buy or sell after that the same minute, the 1m candle closes at the price the bot bought, which is most likely green instead of red. This is a bit of manipulation (someone that tries to make the chart a lot more bullish than it actually is), but this is not something bitcoinwisdom can do anything about.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: