Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 08:31:29 AM

Is there any update, there is no update of the code in Github for a long time.

There are updates on github just on another branch so you don't see it on master branch. Also I work mainly locally lately.

Tau-Chain & Agoras

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 07:55:09 PM

High-level interview about Tau https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ORpi2MMJrA

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 05:14:46 PM

Price of the intermediate tokens will stop going up (the weekly 2%) until further notice. For now the price will remain 0.000634 btc per token

due to bitcoin price change, price per token updated to 0.000465

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 05:15:00 PM

New video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXfYgQxsOA

Tau-Chain & Agoras
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

Wow, great video!
Finally I managed to buy 400 tokens, looking forward to the release!
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:32:39 PM

Price of the intermediate tokens will stop going up (the weekly 2%) until further notice. For now the price will remain 0.000634 btc per token

When will be the end of selling? Still 4 months?
I am feeling a little fooled. It didn't seem to me that the selling will be over several months and marketing campaigns...
and reducing the price is not fair for early buyers as well... greedy?
I mean, hello.. I was spending my bitcoins here, and if i kept them I would have get more?
Sorry, but its getting suspicious...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:45:23 PM

When will be the end of selling? Still 4 months?
I am feeling a little fooled. It didn't seem to me that the selling will be over several months and marketing campaigns...
and reducing the price is not fair for early buyers as well... greedy?
I mean, hello.. I was spending my bitcoins here, and if i kept them I would have get more?
Sorry, but its getting suspicious...

Hi,
Reducing the price is only to adopt the BTC price -- the price isn't reduced in USD terms and in fact always only went up. BTC went almost x2 on this period of time and the price update wasn't as high. From since the beginning we informed that the prices would be rated in USD rather BTC. Moreover, the early buyers are always taken heavily into consideration and indeed price never went down in USD terms even once, but went up a lot.
I don't think it was ever said or clued that the sale will be over after a few months - in fact it will be ended significant period of time after tauchain will be ready. The sale will be ended when the Agoras network begins (with its true coins rather intermediate tokens as exist now), and at that point of time all unsold coins would be destroyed.
The price will go up again, but after 2% weekly for almost a year, I think it's ok to hold for a period of time, also because after all it's not that we've seen extremely high exchange volumes so to speak. Also I think that the biggest public interest on the tokens will be after tau is ready and before agoras is ready.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:56:00 PM

Hi,
Reducing the price is only to adopt the BTC price -- the price isn't reduced in USD terms and in fact always only went up. BTC went almost x2 on this period of time and the price update wasn't as high. From since the beginning we informed that the prices would be rated in USD rather BTC. Moreover, the early buyers are always taken heavily into consideration and indeed price never went down in USD terms even once, but went up a lot.
I don't think it was ever said or clued that the sale will be over after a few months - in fact it will be ended significant period of time after tauchain will be ready. The sale will be ended when the Agoras network begins (with its true coins rather intermediate tokens as exist now), and at that point of time all unsold coins would be destroyed.
The price will go up again, but after 2% weekly for almost a year, I think it's ok to hold for a period of time, also because after all it's not that we've seen extremely high exchange volumes so to speak. Also I think that the biggest public interest on the tokens will be after tau is ready and before agoras is ready.

The bitcoin price will probably raise further. So will you further reduce agoras price in bitcoin terms then? If bitcoin 10folds tau crashes in bitcoin? Did I invest in fiat?
We are in crypto space, dollar means nothing...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:59:14 PM

Hi,

The bitcoin price will probably raise further. So will you further reduce agoras price in bitcoin terms then? If bitcoin 10folds tau crashes in bitcoin? Did I invest in fiat?
We are in crypto space, dollar means nothing...

The price-in-fiat way was announced from the beginning and mentioned all along. And I think this is the responsible thing to do. We cannot put the project's funds at the risk of BTC fluctuations. Did you see how much Ethereum lost due to BTC price change?..

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:05:59 PM

The price-in-fiat way was announced from the beginning and mentioned all along. And I think this is the responsible thing to do. We cannot put the project's funds at the risk of BTC fluctuations. Did you see how much Ethereum lost due to BTC price change?..

Ethereum lost nothing. They just have to keep the funds until price goes higher again. Dumping is not helping here. We crypto guys are responsible for the adaption.
If even we can't live 50% rollercoasters, how can we ever get this whole shit public adapted?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:09:29 PM

Ethereum lost nothing. They just have to keep the funds until price goes higher again. Dumping is not helping here. We crypto guys are responsible for the adaption.
If even we can't live 50% rollercoasters, how can we ever get this whole shit public adapted?

Ok I respect your opinion though majority of the buyers rather support the fiat paradigm for the same reasons. We all want the same thing.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:21:52 PM

It seems that once Tau goes online, and a few exchanges pick up the temporary AGRS, or even after the AGRS genesis comes through, that all denominations will be based on BTC. So this is really a mute point to argue about, as this approach is relevant only for the early pre-genesis pre-trade mode.   
Pofick

Activity: 600
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:18:02 PM

Any news on the project?

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    4 0 1 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 02:19:58 AM

Any news on the project?
I'm still wrapping my head around converging to the best compilation architecture for tau. It is a delicate and hard task.
BTW this is from today: http://bitcoinist.net/six-ethereum-projects-and-its-five-competitors/

Tau-Chain & Agoras
redfish64

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:35:23 AM

Any news on the project?
I'm still wrapping my head around converging to the best compilation architecture for tau. It is a delicate and hard task.
BTW this is from today: http://bitcoinist.net/six-ethereum-projects-and-its-five-competitors/
You've been working on that for a long time. Have you considered working on the actual code to bootstrap Tau first, and come back to this later?

I know that when building something as complex as a new language, and pieces have to work together, but once you have the code that the Tau engine will compile, it will be a lot easier to create an efficient compiler, "A plan never survives first contact with the enemy", "Make it work, make it right, make it fast" and all that...

Also, having something to show, as slow and imperfect as it may be, would do well for getting the message out and help you raise funds. This as well as the effect on the community and helping draw smart people to be involved in the product, which I would expect to be invaluable...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 08:07:07 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 08:43:10 AM by ohad

Any news on the project?
You've been working on that for a long time. Have you considered working on the actual code to bootstrap Tau first, and come back to this later?

I know that when building something as complex as a new language, and pieces have to work together, but once you have the code that the Tau engine will compile, it will be a lot easier to create an efficient compiler, "A plan never survives first contact with the enemy", "Make it work, make it right, make it fast" and all that...

Also, having something to show, as slow and imperfect as it may be, would do well for getting the message out and help you raise funds. This as well as the effect on the community and helping draw smart people to be involved in the product, which I would expect to be invaluable...

I agree...

I really wish it was possible (beginning tau network without the 'best' compiler and finishing it later), and since the beginning we gave a decent thought to 'what is the bare minimum'. Obviously that'd make 'life much easier' for me.
But the execution path must be predetermined at genesis and beyond, so given a proof by one client, it can be verified by another client - at the very same proof flow. If we would give up rigid and predetermined proof flow, we won't be able to implement lambda-auth (hashing the proof tree in a way that leaves a short 'proof of correct proof' or 'proof of execution', relying on the fact that all clients have exact same flow).
So this underlying flow cannot be changed and must be finalized at the best possible performance. Which is nothing but the compilation architecture.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
redfish64

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:32:01 PM

Any news on the project?

I agree...

I really wish it was possible (beginning tau network without the 'best' compiler and finishing it later), and since the beginning we gave a decent thought to 'what is the bare minimum'. Obviously that'd make 'life much easier' for me.
But the execution path must be predetermined at genesis and beyond, so given a proof by one client, it can be verified by another client - at the very same proof flow. If we would give up rigid and predetermined proof flow, we won't be able to implement lambda-auth (hashing the proof tree in a way that leaves a short 'proof of correct proof' or 'proof of execution', relying on the fact that all clients have exact same flow).
So this underlying flow cannot be changed and must be finalized at the best possible performance. Which is nothing but the compilation architecture.

But wouldn't that leave room for a test network? A test network wouldn't require the best possible performance, and the code (logic? I'm not sure what to call the stuff that makes up the Tau network) should run as is on production once you get there, right? And that way, you could assign the creation of the code running on Tau off to some other people, because it would be mostly orthogonal, isn't it? And also, people could independently try and improve your engine/create their own, since they'd have a baseline to run theirs against.

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 05:49:24 PM

Any news on the project?

I agree...

But wouldn't that leave room for a test network? A test network wouldn't require the best possible performance, and the code (logic? I'm not sure what to call the stuff that makes up the Tau network) should run as is on production once you get there, right? And that way, you could assign the creation of the code running on Tau off to some other people, because it would be mostly orthogonal, isn't it? And also, people could independently try and improve your engine/create their own, since they'd have a baseline to run theirs against.

That's true. But we don't have enough resources for that, and it's not only (or mainly) a money issue. I think that in the bottom line it'll take more time, less quality, more risk, and know-hows evaporating from the shared knowledge. Nevertheless from time to time we think about fast-implementing what we call 'naive tau' - simply tau connected to eye/cwm. It is also very interesting to do it as an experiment and see how it fails and why decidable logic is  crucial. If someone wants to get into this adventure - you have our full tech and spirit support.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
yarikss

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

how to open the wallet for this cryptocurrency
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:15:25 PM

how to open the wallet for this cryptocurrency

Every OmniCoin wallet would do. E.g. omniwallet.org or offline wallet https://github.com/OmniLayer/omnicore
Recall that this is only an intermediate token, and will be converted to the real Agoras coins over their own (tau) chain once Agoras is ready.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: