Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 ... 1095 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cricket match prediction discussions  (Read 587715 times)
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 03:29:55 PM

I believe that this series would already be insured so CA should not suffer any losses, but let’s take a hypothetical situation where the series is not insured then they will not use the word cancel, rather they’ll declare that the series is postponed and then they’ll try and schedule it in the coming months or next year.
That is an alternative thought, i never heard about the series getting insured in the past and even if the match gets washed away due to weather they usually reimburse the tickets and the loss is usually managed by the respected local body conducting the match, you made a valid point which is not known by the general public, from my understanding the reason they are not able to postponed the series is because the scheduling for the next few years are already made.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:01:18 PM

Well.. the other boards (including the BCCI) may also follow this, as they don't have any other choice available. But the Australian board will be in big trouble, if they have to cancel the test series against India. Bilateral series against India is huge, and it has the potential to boost the CA coffers by up to $200 million. But if they have to cancel it, then the board will be in serious financial trouble.
Recently Australian board even lost amount in stock market, guess they invested big portion of their reserves/revenue in the market as part of their investment strategy but due to COVID-19 market taking a hit and they caught up in this mess.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/players-come-to-the-table-as-cricket-australia-battles-cash-crisis/news-story/98cf09b86518b89f07a64533ef93a39a

It also defended its investment strategy, saying half the $90m invested was in fixed deposits and the other half in stocks. A spokesperson said the game had made millions in previous years and would only lose money now if it was forced to sell its stocks.

However, its annual report claims the $90m is in local and international “equity securities”.

“The majority of the company’s listed equity securities are publicly traded and are included in ASX200 Index or the NYSE International Index,” the report says.

The Australian market dropped by over 26 per cent from recent record highs in mid-March but has regained some losses since.

Nobody from Cricket Australia has spoken publicly since news about the situation was released on Thursday.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 04:12:31 PM

@Vishnu.Reang I believe that this series would already be insured so CA should not suffer any losses, but let’s take a hypothetical situation where the series is not insured then they will not use the word cancel, rather they’ll declare that the series is postponed and then they’ll try and schedule it in the coming months or next year. Lastly I don’t think so that CA will be in a financial trouble as they’re a rich board, and will they suffer a financial setback maybe yes but will it effect their normal operations no it won’t.

Source:

https://cricket.yahoo.net/news/top-10-most-affluent-cricket-182300645

I have to disagree with you here. The India tour of Australia is insured, but not against pandemics. It is insured against earthquakes, other natural disasters, terrorism.etc, but pandemic is not one of the covered perils (similar to the case with the IPL insurance). So in case the tour is cancelled, CA would receive no compensation. And this will be a serious blow for them.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 06:09:21 PM

On the other India is one of the biggest country with huge population and bad news is covid19 patients are increasing massively on their region. If social and physical transmission keep continues like this than its gonna be really hard for PM modi to control the situation.  
India is actually doing really well when compared to other countries like USA etc when it comes to handling the COVID situation. They are the 2nd most populated country in the world and yet only have around 17k+ cases so far which shows that their lockdown has been effective.

On the other hand, a country like USA could not cope with this problem properly due to which it is leading the COVID rankings.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 06:23:00 PM

On the other India is one of the biggest country with huge population and bad news is covid19 patients are increasing massively on their region. If social and physical transmission keep continues like this than its gonna be really hard for PM modi to control the situation.  
India is actually doing really well when compared to other countries like USA etc when it comes to handling the COVID situation. They are the 2nd most populated country in the world and yet only have around 17k+ cases so far which shows that their lockdown has been effective.

On the other hand, a country like USA could not cope with this problem properly due to which it is leading the COVID rankings.

I would say its all about timing when the government tighten the screw and introduced strict lockdowns first. India was smart enough to introduce it when the situation was not very bad. Otherwise no. of infected patients and casualties would have been very big in India.

Still its too early to say IMO. We can't say for sure that we are dealing very well since we haven't yet went through the stage like these countries already had.

(Still discussion about COVID is a different topic so will discontinue posting from here regarding this)
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 07:48:49 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2020, 10:52:42 AM by Haunebu

Still its too early to say IMO. We can't say for sure that we are dealing very well since we haven't yet went through the stage like these countries already had.
What do you mean? The figures state everything. India is in a much, much better position when compared to countries like the US and UK currently though their health-care system is pretty poor thanks to the lockdown. However, I feel like the lockdown was implemented in a poor manner.

(Still discussion about COVID is a different topic so will discontinue posting from here regarding this)
COVID-19 is basically the topic to discuss these days which is why I wouldn't worry. This virus is what is on everyone's minds these days.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:42:07 AM

@Vishnu.Reang I believe that this series would already be insured so CA should not suffer any losses, but let’s take a hypothetical situation where the series is not insured then they will not use the word cancel, rather they’ll declare that the series is postponed and then they’ll try and schedule it in the coming months or next year. Lastly I don’t think so that CA will be in a financial trouble as they’re a rich board, and will they suffer a financial setback maybe yes but will it effect their normal operations no it won’t.

Source:

https://cricket.yahoo.net/news/top-10-most-affluent-cricket-182300645

I have to disagree with you here. The India tour of Australia is insured, but not against pandemics. It is insured against earthquakes, other natural disasters, terrorism.etc, but pandemic is not one of the covered perils (similar to the case with the IPL insurance). So in case the tour is cancelled, CA would receive no compensation. And this will be a serious blow for them.

Yeah no insurance for this covid-19.. But Australia trying their best for this Aus vs Ind series and not ruling out any possible window with even empty grounds.

Good article about CA current situation.

CA will explore creative solutions to stage India series

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:29:38 PM

COVID-19 is basically the topic to discuss these days which is why I wouldn't worry. This virus is what is on everyone's minds these days.

Yeah but this thread is about the cricket so we should discuss only about the cricket here. I do agree that all of the cricket is paused these days only because of this covid-19 but we have many other threads where covid-19 is being discussed in more details.

I wonder when we will see first match (Test / ODI / T20) after this break. Maybe next year  Huh
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 04:39:10 PM

Yeah no insurance for this covid-19.. But Australia trying their best for this Aus vs Ind series and not ruling out any possible window with even empty grounds.

Well... I trust CA when they say that they'll explore creative options. Anything is welcome, with the exception of "virtual" BS... I can't just tolerate all these virtual stuff going on these days. Cricket Australia was the first board to use stadiums with retractable roof for international cricket matches (please correct me in case I am wrong). So I guess we can expect something similar and innovative this time as well.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 05:35:17 PM

Well... I trust CA when they say that they'll explore creative options. Anything is welcome, with the exception of "virtual" BS... I can't just tolerate all these virtual stuff going on these days. Cricket Australia was the first board to use stadiums with retractable roof for international cricket matches (please correct me in case I am wrong). So I guess we can expect something similar and innovative this time as well.

As long as its not book cricket, i am fine with it.

One creative way could be, Players using sandpaper officially as they can't use saliva on ball. Grin

Yeah, The Melbourne Cricket Ground.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 06:49:23 PM

I guess there is nothing going to be innovative as they have already tried playing behind closed doors. It means cricket Australia may host India without admitting any audience into stadium. Already they did this for the match against New Zealand just before the covid19 outbreak started. So, I guess they do not need to think hard if India will be agreeing to play behind the closed doors.

Before that, Sri Lanka may host IPL by May month if BCCI agrees to host this 2020 edition of IPL behind the doors but in Sri Lanka. I guess BCCI must be studying such a possibilities as news agencies confirm about Sri Lanka's proposal to host IPL this year.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 10:48:05 PM

One creative way could be, Players using sandpaper officially as they can't use saliva on ball. Grin

Right now due to Corona ECB and Cricket Australia both in very bad situation and want to set things for coming series as if they fail to do this they can face some serious trouble so today I check England is already working on three grounds for series without crowd and same thing happeing in Australia against India is surely very big series which can help them so hopefully they will do this all with some unique idea.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 01:03:15 PM

Grin Grin Grin

You can check my previous posts and you will find that I have always favored the usage of sandpaper over saliva (even before the COVID 19 epidemic). Both of them have almost the same impact on the swing of the cricket ball, and I don't understand the reason why one is permitted while the other is not. This is also a very unhygienic practice which needs to be done away with.  Grin
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:24:58 PM

Grin Grin Grin

You can check my previous posts and you will find that I have always favored the usage of sandpaper over saliva (even before the COVID 19 epidemic). Both of them have almost the same impact on the swing of the cricket ball, and I don't understand the reason why one is permitted while the other is not. This is also a very unhygienic practice which needs to be done away with.  Grin

Both are helpful for swing but..

1. Saliva is for smoothing one side of ball and let other side get rough naturally as game proceeds.
2. Sandpaper or other foreign object is used by players for disturbing one side of roughness in short period of time, intentionally.

That's why one is legit and other is not.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
pakhitheboss

Activity: 2114
Merit: 774

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 03:38:46 PM

Grin Grin Grin

1. Saliva is for smoothing one side of ball and let other side get rough naturally as game proceeds.
2. Sandpaper or other foreign object is used by players for disturbing one side of roughness in short period of time, intentionally.

There are two more ways to tamper the ball other than using a sand paper. Scratching one side of the ball using nails and the other one is excessively rubbing one side with a hand towel.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 07:04:05 PM

Grin Grin Grin

There are two more ways to tamper the ball other than using a sand paper. Scratching one side of the ball using nails and the other one is excessively rubbing one side with a hand towel.
Now its very difficult time for ICC and teams as what and how to use this all better way is rub one side with  hand towel better option instead of using any other illegal way which create more controversy in future for few teams.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 07:07:35 PM

What do you mean? The figures state everything. India is in a much, much better position when compared to countries like the US and UK currently though their health-care system is pretty poor thanks to the lockdown. However, I feel like the lockdown was implemented in a poor manner.
Even i would say that it is early to say about the situation, there are reports from Kerala that patients are not showing any symptoms for 28 days and the Kerala government implemented 28 day quarantine while the rest of the places go with 14 day quarantine and that is a worrying aspect.
When you compare US they tested around 49 lakh people and till now in India there were less than 5.5 lakh people tested and from that itself we can understand the difference in the amount of patients detected.
With lock down Modi likes a different approach as he likes to surprise everyone, remember the currency ban and that was the same with a country wide lock down and now the poor are suffering and the government have no idea on how to proceed further rather than extending the lock down.
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 07:15:48 PM

Even i would say that it is early to say about the situation, there are reports from Kerala that patients are not showing any symptoms for 28 days and the Kerala government implemented 28 day quarantine while the rest of the places go with 14 day quarantine and that is a worrying aspect.
When you compare US they tested around 49 lakh people and till now in India there were less than 5.5 lakh people tested and from that itself we can understand the difference in the amount of patients detected.
With lock down Modi likes a different approach as he likes to surprise everyone, remember the currency ban and that was the same with a country wide lock down and now the poor are suffering and the government have no idea on how to proceed further rather than extending the lock down.
This is really sad part of here in developing countries if government taking bills and other taxes then they have all data and if time for giving and incentive to poor's then they have many complications and their data not helping them correctly so lower class suffering very badly in this lock down they have no food no work and no good news most chances this lock down will have some soft policies in first week of June.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 05:55:42 AM

Grin Grin Grin

Adding to previous comments
Interesting news or call it irony but cricket authorities aka ICC might legalise ball- tampering due to covid-19 (no saliva) @Vishnu you might enjoy this. Using phone so not sure if this article is new or 1 month old.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29091809/cricket-consider-legalised-ball-tampering-wake-coronavirus?platform=amp

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 06:48:04 AM

One creative way could be, Players using sandpaper officially as they can't use saliva on ball. Grin

Grin Grin Grin

You can check my previous posts and you will find that I have always favored the usage of sandpaper over saliva (even before the COVID 19 epidemic). Both of them have almost the same impact on the swing of the cricket ball, and I don't understand the reason why one is permitted while the other is not. This is also a very unhygienic practice which needs to be done away with.  Grin

Adding to previous comments
Interesting news or call it irony but cricket authorities aka ICC might legalise ball- tampering due to covid-19 (no saliva) @Vishnu you might enjoy this. Using phone so not sure if this article is new or 1 month old.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29091809/cricket-consider-legalised-ball-tampering-wake-coronavirus?platform=amp

@JSRAW this is Karma at it’s best as for a long time bowlers were at a disadvantage because of the rules made by ICC, and batsmen had more advantage as rules were more suited towards them. However now things will change if bowlers are allowed to use sandpaper as it’ll leave batsmen at a severe disadvantage, and accordingly we will see more results in test matches and less matches ending in a draw.

Source:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12236029
Pages: « 1 ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 ... 1095 »
  Print  

Jump to: