Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:41:16 PM

Hmm.. I guess ill change my mind to buy it? Is there any other better asic that ships fast out there?

If you are serious, give Bitfury a look. Yes there is a wait, but they aren't taking orders for things they dont think they can deliver. They had an august delivery purchase(limited and over), and a October delivery purchase which I think is still available.

https://megabigpower.com/shop/

Look them up in the Custom hardware section.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:46:17 AM

If BFL failed to produce the devices they'd be bankrupt and gone. Since they did succeed after all they can survive by mining with your devices before shipping them.

That is the reason why they are still around.
Norbit1

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:46:03 AM

They have huge profits!
It's too good to be true, always.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:18:15 AM

Hmm.. I guess ill change my mind to buy it? Is there any other better asic that ships fast out there?

If you are serious, give Bitfury a look. Yes there is a wait, but they aren't taking orders for things they dont think they can deliver. They had an august delivery purchase(limited and over), and a October delivery purchase which I think is still available.

Wait, so you'd recommend buying from a company who has delivered nothing vs a company who is actively delivering units?
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 04:26:56 AM

http://www.ivcpost.com/articles/13078/20130804/phoenix-fund-near-investment-200-million-bitcoin-company.htm

And now this is public knowledge I can dance. Sorry Josh, maybe you guys will get the next 200 million dollar investment. Or perhaps you can "fire" your investors.

Told you guys BFL was doomed.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:21:41 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2013, 02:47:02 AM by Ridicuss

Wait, so you'd recommend buying from a company who has delivered nothing vs a company who is actively delivering units?

Uh, Yes I would! I've a large amount of money with both. And so far I have some BFL equipment, not all of it. If you read the threads and notice how Inaba, AKA Josh of BFL talks to customers, um err, oh wait uh investors, hmm not quite right either. I think it was Monumental ASS-Holes, yep that's the one! VS the way Dave at megabigpower communicates, I would quickly run away from BFL and towards Bit Fury. Which if my charge backs hold BitFury will get those funds as well.

And of course i am not posting this for you SgtSpike, I am sure you know all this already. I posted merely for newbs to read and do their own research so they can make their own decisions.

Oh, and not only being called a "Monumental Asshole", and seeing customers being coerced to follow the
BFL philosophy of damnit dont worry about what we told you yesterday, today we tell you the truth! What about the violation of PayPal's TOS which I think states all pre-orders must be delivered within 20 days, I could be wrong on this. Then BFL's slight of hand to bait you into waiting 2 months or more for your pre-order. Heyyyy, wait a minuite, isn't that like 60 days or something?? Damn that puts you outside the 45 day paypal easy dispute window. How did that happen?....

Dave still offers a 100% refund.  Damn not only is Bitfury gear cheaper per GH/s the guy will give me back my money? What the hell is wrong with him?

I don't know guys, I think I will just tell all newbs, "BFL is the greatest company ever! You would be a complete idiot to buy from anyone else." That way maybe all newcomers fund BFL up, and i would probably get my money back quicker.

It was simply a response to a question and I gave my opinion. Now you have my reasoning. I would not usually get ugly on any company, but thank you SgtSpike for the opportunity. I feel much better now.

Now that my rant is over, I will say this for BFL. My experience with their gear is good. The company, not so much. This forum is riff with negative posts about BFL. You make your own judgement.

I wonder why I am seeing more posts about how I got my charge back or refund from BFL than post about how great it was for BFL to send me the gear I ordered a year ago. I am not saying they are not shipping and I am not saying you would never get your gear.

All I would suggest to anyone that has the desire to purchase ASIC mining equipment is read, read, read. Call BFL up before you make an order, talk to them. If you like them, by all means, buy all you can. Hell mortgage your house, buy more Smiley

I will not post in this thread anymore. If you want to carry it further, find me in the custom hardware section.

I would like to close with what my good friend likes to ask.

What about that FCC cert?? How come my miners dont have an FCC cert?

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:29:04 AM

Wait, is that said about the time when Avalon were actively delivering units and BFL (the "two weeks TM" scam) were actively delivering nothing but promises?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:23:36 AM

Uh, Yes I would! I've a large amount of money with both. And so far I have some BFL equipment, not all of it. If you read the threads and notice how Inaba, AKA Josh of BFL talks to customers, um err, oh wait uh investors, hmm not quite right either. I think it was Monumental ASS-Holes, yep that's the one! VS the way Dave at megabighash communicates, I would quickly run away from BFL and towards Bit Fury. Which if my charge backs hold BitFury will get those funds as well.

And of course i am not posting this for you SgtSpike, I am sure you know all this already. I posted merely for newbs to read and do their own research so they can make their own decisions.

Oh, and not only being called a "Monumental Asshole", and seeing customers being coerced to follow the
BFL philosophy of damnit dont worry about what we told you yesterday, today we tell you the truth! What about the violation of PayPal's TOS which I think states all pre-orders must be delivered within 20 days, I could be wrong on this. Then BFL's slight of hand to bait you into waiting 2 months or more for your pre-order. Heyyyy, wait a minuite, isn't that like 60 days or something?? Damn that puts you outside the 45 day paypal easy dispute window. How did that happen?....

Dave still offers a 100% refund.  Damn not only is Bitfury gear cheaper per GH/s the guy will give me back my money? What the hell is wrong with him?

I don't know guys, I think I will just tell all newbs, "BFL is the greatest company ever! You would be a complete idiot to buy from anyone else." That way maybe all newcomers fund BFL up, and i would probably get my money back quicker.

It was simply a response to a question and I gave my opinion. Now you have my reasoning. I would not usually get ugly on any company, but thank you SgtSpike for the opportunity. I feel much better now.

Now that my rant is over, I will say this for BFL. My experience with their gear is good. The company, not so much. This forum is riff with negative posts about BFL. You make your own judgement.

I wonder why I am seeing more posts about how I got my charge back or refund from BFL than post about how great it was for BFL to send me the gear I ordered a year ago. I am not saying they are not shipping and I am not saying you would never get your gear.

All I would suggest to anyone that has the desire to purchase ASIC mining equipment is read, read, read. Call BFL up before you make an order, talk to them. If you like them, by all means, buy all you can. Hell mortgage your house, buy more Smiley

I will not post in this thread anymore. If you want to carry it further, find me in the custom hardware section.

I would like to close with what my good friend likes to ask.

What about that FCC cert?? How come my miners dont have an FCC cert?
Fair points, I was just wondering.  Smiley
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:52:44 PM

http://www.ivcpost.com/articles/13078/20130804/phoenix-fund-near-investment-200-million-bitcoin-company.htm

And now this is public knowledge I can dance. Sorry Josh, maybe you guys will get the next 200 million dollar investment. Or perhaps you can "fire" your investors.

Told you guys BFL was doomed.

BFL is a much of a hoax as the link you posted about "Phoenix"

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
meatfly

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:22:43 PM

I want to cry
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:55:23 PM

I do hope that Avalon actually does get 200mil

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
CoinChex

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

I would venture to say no company in the BitCoin space will get $200m from Venture Capital.  Hopefully everyone realizes VC works on mostly hard numbers, i.e. potential growth, market cap, market penetration etc.  So $200m into an economy with a $1b market cap? Not likely.

VC would laugh if companies in this space walked through their door looking for $200m. At least today Smiley

BFL is a scam.  Where is Josh today?
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:38:49 PM

I do hope that Avalon actually does get 200mil

The article was corrected.  Ends up the source was a post about a different company called "Avalon".    The 200million has nothing to do with BTC companies.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:28:47 PM

Today, I am going to investigate the best means for filing a formal complaint against Butterfly Labs with whatever authorities hold jurisdiction in the State of Kansas. Kansas is where they say they are located on their website.

After I find out what sorts of recourse I might personally have for sending money to a company that does not deliver goods it promised to ship, I will then report back here. I will not invest money in a lawyer since I have lost enough, already. I will find out what I can do as a private citizen to file complaint against Butterfly Labs. If I get my miners from them prior to October 1 or 2013, I will not continue these efforts.

My goals are to:

a) either get the product I bought in my hands or get a complete refund

b) encourage Butterfly Labs to begin behaving in a more professional manner, which includes not insulting customer who ask questions about delivery

c) Encourage Butterfly Labs to reveal how many units they are producing and completing each days and how many are being shipped; that is, be more open. It is in their benefit to reveal this information at this point because it will save their diminishing reputation

d) bring an air of professionalism and honesty to all Bitcoin mining businesses and manufacturing. Because of what BFL is doing, it diminishes trust for all other companies manufacturing hardware, which in turn damages the whole bitcoin economy

I paid through Pay Pal, and I will also contact them.

My only concern is whether the effort of pursuing this will cost more than the amount of money (not an insignificant amount) which I would otherwise lose.

The other issue, beyond the business ethics of delivering product which has been paid for, is the lost revenue from mining due to their delay.  We all took a risk, but, the value of the product in this case is partially based upon its " freshness".  A company which sells Florida oranges by mail would be liable if it sent rotten oranges to customer because they sat in a warehouse too long, or if the oranges were sent after they should have been picked.

One person complaining will do little. I will be sharing information in order to encourage others to complain to the same legal authorities in Kansas or wherever and to coordinate effort through this thread.

I am not the point person for this, I am only sharing what I plan on doing.  Should I get my money refunded or should BFL decide to ship me the working miners I ordered, I will stop this having achieved my primary goal.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:41:20 PM

Today, I am going to investigate the best means for filing a formal complaint against Butterfly Labs with whatever authorities hold jurisdiction in the State of Kansas. Kansas is where they say they are located on their website.

After I find out what sorts of recourse I might personally have for sending money to a company that does not deliver goods it promised to ship, I will then report back here. I will not invest money in a lawyer since I have lost enough, already. I will find out what I can do as a private citizen to file complaint against Butterfly Labs. If I get my miners from them prior to October 1 or 2013, I will not continue these efforts.

I feel so bad for the customers that gave BFL money and they want it back (or the product they purchased).   After waiting 3 months for my units, I got a refund after contacting my credit card company and contacting paypal.  Refund was $1000 for two upgrades and around $5400 for two units ordered separately.

Good luck, I hope you get your refund or product.  Definitely try calling the company that funded Paypal and also Paypal,
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:28:59 PM

I would be more concerned about getting the product and having it break after a couple of weeks. What recourse would be available to you? That's an awful lot of money to just throw away.

LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:25:22 AM

YES!

You can get a refund from Butterfly Labs.

I am going to wait until September. Then, I am going to follow the instructions in this link.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/03/yes-you-can-get-a-refund-from-butterfly-labs-bfl/

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:53:00 PM

YES!

You can get a refund from Butterfly Labs.

I am going to wait until September. Then, I am going to follow the instructions in this link.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/03/yes-you-can-get-a-refund-from-butterfly-labs-bfl/

Not sure why you needed that webpage to tell you that.  It has been mentioned a thousand times that if you used paypal that you can get a refund.
dell123

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:02:59 PM

I believe it to be fairly closed minded to come to this conclusion. Butterfly have obviously had some substantial problems stopping them from shipping but I'm certain they will come good and they have begun to. Those with belief will be rewarded, just like bitcoin in general. The price of bitcoin comes down to one thing and one thing only, our belief in it.
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:06:08 PM

I believe it to be fairly closed minded to come to this conclusion. Butterfly have obviously had some substantial problems stopping them from shipping but I'm certain they will come good and they have begun to. Those with belief will be rewarded, just like bitcoin in general. The price of bitcoin comes down to one thing and one thing only, our belief in it.

oh boi.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: