Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:35:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
olowshinenine

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:31:20 PM

I am a new bitcoin user. I recently bought bitcoin off of www.wallofcoins.com. they are suppose to be escrow for buyers and sellers. After 5 days of my account being in review by someone named john macpherson, i started to do some research, his name comes up on this thread many times. It is very concerning because it appears this thread was created over a fraudulent event.

Can someone tell me how this guy john fits into the crypsty scandal. I feel like he is holding my money at ransom for personal information, so they can steal my identity.

Thank you kindly

I just sent them the below: https://wallofcoins.com/en/

Horus, please fix this ASAP.

Bruno

Hi gleb

Thanks for the reply. I have tried their chat window crew but they reroute me to john macpherson.

Is john aka horus one of the good guys? Im trying to get a pulse on his credibility because the purchase of bitcoin for the average joe investor is a bit daunting and there seems to be a large amount of fradulent activity associated with it.

Regards,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:48:43 PM

I am a new bitcoin user. I recently bought bitcoin off of www.wallofcoins.com. they are suppose to be escrow for buyers and sellers. After 5 days of my account being in review by someone named john macpherson, i started to do some research, his name comes up on this thread many times. It is very concerning because it appears this thread was created over a fraudulent event.

Can someone tell me how this guy john fits into the crypsty scandal. I feel like he is holding my money at ransom for personal information, so they can steal my identity.

Thank you kindly

Bruno

Hi gleb

Thanks for the reply. I have tried their chat window crew but they reroute me to john macpherson.

Is john aka horus one of the good guys? Im trying to get a pulse on his credibility because the purchase of bitcoin for the average joe investor is a bit daunting and there seems to be a large amount of fradulent activity associated with it.

Regards,

At one time there was strong reservations about Horus on this forum re Cryptsy, but the general consensus is that he's been given a second chance to prove himself in this space, including from myself. Rest assured that he was a bad guy, I would be sticking it up his ass big time upon reading your initial post, bud.

Hope that helps.

Here is his account on this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=357655

Tell him Bruno sent you and link to this post.

Bruno
olowshinenine

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:27:48 PM

Thank you kindly

Bruno

Hi gleb

Regards,

At one time there was strong reservations about Horus on this forum re Cryptsy, but the general consensus is that he's been given a second chance to prove himself in this space, including from myself. Rest assured that he was a bad guy, I would be sticking it up his ass big time upon reading your initial post, bud.

Hope that helps.

Here is his account on this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=357655

Bruno

Got it. Well thank you for responding to me. Hopefully he gives me the coins i bought.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:55:51 PM

Thank you kindly

Bruno

Hi gleb

Regards,

Hope that helps.

Bruno

Got it. Well thank you for responding to me. Hopefully he gives me the coins i bought.

The consensus is all who were at cryptsy had the chance to speak out about the crap that was going on. Now they are all implicated.

It is good that these people are known and it is easy to find them.

Cryptsy users who are now profiting of this big rise in crypto are now using that cash to retrieve their losses.

And I can assure there are many out there who will make these people pay.

Grin
olowshinenine

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:17:54 AM

Thank you kindly

Bruno

Hi gleb

Regards,

Hope that helps.

Bruno

Hi Bruno

I would like to thank you because after you messaged wall of coins my order was fulfilled, I am glad I was able to find someone with clout in this cryptospace. Many many thanks to you, and I hope you and other members seeking fulfillment from this cryptsy fiasco are made whole again.
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:41:56 AM

I was meaning to check who the OP was of this thread, and just remembered to check.

Anyone know where he is or what happened?

He got mad at me and Gamow for trolling on this topic or something and sad he was leaving this topic and then went on to create a new one just like this.
Read his comment history Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=123857;sa=showPosts

And he claimed to have worked out his problems with Cryptsy long ago when Vern himself showed up on this topic helping him.

Yup.. Vern seen this topic 400 pages ago.. he knows it's here and he could comment but he's apparently busy.. maybe with JShock flogging "rate coin" via Social Media ?

Thanks! I missed your reply.

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
zapphirecoins

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Your gateway to pay a digital advertising on earth

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:07:36 PM

Well. so what people thinking about CRYPTSY good or bad? Huh

¦ ¦ ¦¦   .ZAPcoin.....¦¦¦¦   EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE IT¦¦¦¦   . ZAPcoin        ¦¦¦¦
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:31:54 PM

Thank you kindly

Bruno

Hi gleb

Regards,

Hope that helps.

Bruno

Hi Bruno

I would like to thank you because after you messaged wall of coins my order was fulfilled, I am glad I was able to find someone with clout in this cryptospace. Many many thanks to you, and I hope you and other members seeking fulfillment from this cryptsy fiasco are made whole again.

That is great to hear, bud. Will you be paying me the U$1,000 you owe me for my services via bitcoins, Ethereum, pre-trading Qtum tokens, or Ratecoin?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Seriously, you owe me nothing. If you were to offer me a thousand dollars (or any amount) I would turn it down, for I've never requested or received moneys for my services in this space over the course of six years that I've been here. In fact, I'm on record in stating that if any person on the planet can definitive produce a counter-example of the above, theymos has my permission to ban ALL my user accounts on this forum, whereupon I'll then truly be an old man without a job.

Bruno
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:41:28 PM

There is hope to get our money back? sad thing we won't our coins back

By all accounts, as it's structure now there is no hope of getting over 20% of your money returned.

That said, I do have a plan on how to make Cryptsy's class action filers whole again. In fact, if all  goes according to plan they'll come out like bandits.

No, this is not a joke and am willing to disclose the basics on this thread prior to dedicating a new thread to the ideal.

Anybody interested, say aye!

Bruno

PS: It'd cost you nothing to participate.

Aye!

Aye!

Okay, here's the plan: I create this new coin ...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Seriously, guys, that's the plan, but allow me to present a brief while your dick's still hard.

Firstly, as promised there's no money needing to be paid to participate provided you've successfully filed a class action claim, providing proof of said claim being the most problematic aspect of my plan, but sure there's a solution of which I wouldn't be privy to vitals, with a general idea on how to accomplish said feat.

The token I've alluded to is CoinProLite (CPL) -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1900371.0 (same link as in my sig).

In lieu of, or in conjunction with burning schitcoins, up to 700M CPL (U$7M worth on YuTübopolis' platform, valued at no less than U$0.01 ea.) could easily be doled to those harmed by Cryptsy who've successfully filed a class action claim.

This awardment would be over and beyond what you'll receive once the class action lawsuit is settled months (maybe years) down the road.

e.g.: If you lost $1,000 worth of alts (or actual fiat would apply), whatever the exchange rate for any particular alt at the time that Cryptsy closed is exactly what you would receive in CPL, in this case 100K CPL.

To be clear, you're not burning anything nor giving me anything of value including your vitals.

Any questions at this point?

Bruno

Apologies for bumping the above again, but wanted to say that I've garnered interest via PMs, of which I'm replying to in a moment. I truly believe that this could work, as do others, hence going to retune my venture (see sig), starting a new thread to get the ball a rollin'. FUCK ME! I just realized that I'll have to edit the press release to include this aspect. The fuckin shit I have to do around here for retards to get their moneys back from scam artists is mindblowing.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Bruno
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:47:28 PM

Link your new thread here & I'll buy the popcorn.

Organic popcorn, cuz CORN is the #1 GMO-f*cked US crop.  Cry Cry Cry Cry 

Don't eat anything with non-Organic corn in it.  People are testing positive for Glyphosate (chemical pesticides) in their bodies.

OK. Back on topic:

FormerCryptsy

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:38:38 AM

Being a former Cryptsy guy I saw quite a bit and most of the time I was employed there I have to say at least the employees I knew were really trying hard to make the best exchange possible for the users.

After following this thread for a while there are a few things I wanted to get off my chest. Never were any of us told there had been a hack where funds were never recovered. Numerous time there were incidents where a few coins got stolen here and there but Paul would usually "get them back" or refund them through his own coffers. Working for the guy you never got the sense he was shady until near the end. Once he started going off to China to start another international venture (remember Cryptsy Canada) and would go out of communication with the rest of us things started getting difficult. Hot wallets would go dry and would require him to fill them back up which was always the norm. He would just typically not get it that low and Mullick would bug him until it got fixed. The thing was it took longer and longer for him to do that. The other thing that never made sense out of all this was Paul had money big house lots of cars beyond his incompetence none of us possibly imagined he could be insolvent. We did imagine that he was a horrible CEO and manager of people. Most of the days it was a struggle to keep the place running no one would make a decision they would just wait on the all might Paul to come and fix stuff that they could not control. After reading the 500 pages of this thread I have made a few observations and theories.

1. The Cryptsy employees did care about the users they were just conned by the same con man. Most of us were not paid very much by the way.
2. I believe Paul embezzled money from the company to fund his personal lifestyle of jet setting to China but I think it was from more than the stolen money that was identified.
3. The incompetence of the thief mirrors some of the incompetence of the CEO meaning whoever it is probably lost the keys to that wallet.
4. Things felt really shady when Marshall Long came on the scene and felt more legit after he left.
5. Jshock after a few years at Cryptsy knew as much about crypto then as he did when it started. Meaning next to nothing. I am also pretty sure he is dead broke and always has been. Basically I do not think he is the mastermind nor profited.
6. Cryptsy at its peak had like 40 employees if there was a conspiracy internally it was well hidden or people would come forward. The employees could only see what Paul let us see on the web gui admin interface. So it always showed balanced or we as employees would try and fix that. That of course does not mean we had access to the wallets only Mullick did and from what I was told he only had access to the ones that Paul let him have access too. Certain ones were "protected from all employees to prevent theft" this actually made sense at the time.

The Class action is only making the lawyers rich probably the worst thing that could have been done. Even more ridiculous is coinbase class action. Efforts I think would be better placed on suing the Bitcoin Foundation and asking them to fork out the stolen millions. There is precedent for that with Ethereum and seems a large enough community to force that issue.

I would be happy to answer other questions that I feel comfortable answering if it helps.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:59:07 AM

Being a former Cryptsy guy I saw quite a bit and most of the time I was employed there I have to say at least the employees I knew were really trying hard to make the best exchange possible for the users.

After following this thread for a while there are a few things I wanted to get off my chest. Never were any of us told there had been a hack where funds were never recovered. Numerous time there were incidents where a few coins got stolen here and there but Paul would usually "get them back" or refund them through his own coffers. Working for the guy you never got the sense he was shady until near the end. Once he started going off to China to start another international venture (remember Cryptsy Canada) and would go out of communication with the rest of us things started getting difficult. Hot wallets would go dry and would require him to fill them back up which was always the norm. He would just typically not get it that low and Mullick would bug him until it got fixed. The thing was it took longer and longer for him to do that. The other thing that never made sense out of all this was Paul had money big house lots of cars beyond his incompetence none of us possibly imagined he could be insolvent. We did imagine that he was a horrible CEO and manager of people. Most of the days it was a struggle to keep the place running no one would make a decision they would just wait on the all might Paul to come and fix stuff that they could not control. After reading the 500 pages of this thread I have made a few observations and theories.

1. The Cryptsy employees did care about the users they were just conned by the same con man. Most of us were not paid very much by the way.
2. I believe Paul embezzled money from the company to fund his personal lifestyle of jet setting to China but I think it was from more than the stolen money that was identified.
3. The incompetence of the thief mirrors some of the incompetence of the CEO meaning whoever it is probably lost the keys to that wallet.
4. Things felt really shady when Marshall Long came on the scene and felt more legit after he left.
5. Jshock after a few years at Cryptsy knew as much about crypto then as he did when it started. Meaning next to nothing. I am also pretty sure he is dead broke and always has been. Basically I do not think he is the mastermind nor profited.
6. Cryptsy at its peak had like 40 employees if there was a conspiracy internally it was well hidden or people would come forward. The employees could only see what Paul let us see on the web gui admin interface. So it always showed balanced or we as employees would try and fix that. That of course does not mean we had access to the wallets only Mullick did and from what I was told he only had access to the ones that Paul let him have access too. Certain ones were "protected from all employees to prevent theft" this actually made sense at the time.

The Class action is only making the lawyers rich probably the worst thing that could have been done. Even more ridiculous is coinbase class action. Efforts I think would be better placed on suing the Bitcoin Foundation and asking them to fork out the stolen millions. There is precedent for that with Ethereum and seems a large enough community to force that issue.

I would be happy to answer other questions that I feel comfortable answering if it helps.

To be fair, nobody really expects a "former Cryptsy guy" to come forward and say "yep, I knew Vernon was stealing and I didn't give a shit". Such people would either keep their trap shut or lie.

Having said that, I don't really get why you would say that class action is the worst thing. Yes, it might benefit the lawyers IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO RECOVER. The lawyers are taking the risk too. On the other hand, suing Bitcoin Foundation would be a waste of money. They don't control Bitcoin the way Vitalik controls Ethereum. Bitcoin didn't fork for Gox, which was a much larger loss, and it won't fork for Cryptsy.
FormerCryptsy

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:05:44 AM

The point is we did not know the former employees were left jobless some of us moved to Florida and were super excited to be working in crypto. We are all far to angry to cover up for Vern he destroyed years of our lives. If there was an internal conspiracy it would already have been posted.

No Bitcoin did not fork for GOX but I ask the question why not sue all the major miners etc and force them to fix both problems. It is digital money it can be done and has been done. The problem could be fixed.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:44:28 AM

A mysterious ex-Cryptsy employee crawls out of the shadows ? Shocked

An interesting proposition but unlikely ultimately.. i agree this ain't Butters / ETH.
Bruno's idea is interesting too and i have no objections.. he is trust worthy i figure.

I think Coinbase should have their feet held to the fire for their Cryptsy link.
They can't claim they didn't know.
Lets put it into perspective.
Any exchange or service would be suspicious if vast amounts of money were moving.
You simply don't turn a blind eye to that as a business operator.

I've alleged before GOX took off with anywhere from a half billion to 1 billion.
Depending on how you want to add it all up.
In today's money that is far higher and even then we had no fork to recover the funds.

And i did NOT support the ETH fork either.. i figured it set a bad precedent.
So we would have that fire rage on in the Bitcoin scene like happened with Ethereum way back.
It's not like Bitcoin'ers are going to get anything done either..
Look at BTC.. it's pretty much failed because of scaling issues.. sadly  Cry

Class action bad ?
I dunno i guess i see that point of view also.
But i guess the users who lost money see it as a chance to get something vs nothing.
I didn't lose squat so you have to debate that with them.. it's their choice.

@olowshinenine
Never heard of that service but it sounds like LocalBitcoins.. which i have used.
Why did you use that place vs the famous one that is trusted ?
LBC is good just follow the rules and you should be fine.
I had a couple guys before try and rip me off on it but i just laughed at them and left them a negative feedback.
For example if you are selling Bitcoin.. don't hit "Release" until you have been paid in full.
No matter how much they try and convince you "it's coming"
So i'd say it's a good setup and it worked well for me.. i only sold BTC on it though.
Just remember if it seems to good to be true.. it probably is Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:55:52 AM

Hey guys.

I want to come forward and say I have absolutely no idea who former cryptsy guy is.

I don't know if they are trolling or legitimately used to work there. I am open to a PM from them to tell me who they were so I can at least verify if they are legit or not.

Also, I appreciate the kind words Gleb. As much as we have butted heads in the past, I respect a lot of what you say. I think some of it is bat shit crazy, but the majority of it is very solid. That being said, which of us isn't a little bit crazy?

I'm really hoping this class action works out for the claimants. I know lawyers are going to take 33%, but at least some people will have some closure. I know it is by no means ideal, but still better than nothing. I'm not sure how many people claimed by the deadline, but I really hope everyone did.

I hadn't checked thread in a while but just read through last couple of pages now.

Any questions I can help with, as always guys, just toss me a PM or message me on here and I will answer anything I can.

Hope you guys are having fun trading with the rise in btc.

Take care,

John aka Horus
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:06:16 AM

This is SO like the Paycoin scam from GAWMINERS that it's uncanny.  Even some of the names are the same!

1. The Cryptsy GAWMiners employees did care about the users they were just conned by the same con man. Most of us them were not paid very much by the way.
2. I believe Paul the Garzas embezzled money from the company to fund their personal lifestyle of jet setting... but I think it was from more than the stolen money that was identified.
3. The incompetence of the thief XPY Devs mirrors some of the incompetence of the CEO.

etc!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:08:01 AM

After following this thread for a while there are a few things I wanted to get off my chest. Never were any of us told there had been a hack where funds were never recovered ...

Okay, that's were I quit reading, you fuckin retard!

Not only did Paul Vernon state that some employees knew about the hack, but said employees even verified such within this very thread that you claimed to be following for A WHILE. That, and even said truism is penned in the official court docs.

That said, I'm going back now to read the rest of your sci-fi story. Here's to hopin' it includes ball-capping under a blue tarp.

Bruno
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:28:00 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 12:46:36 PM by Gleb Gamow

The point is we did not know the former employees were left jobless some of us moved to Florida and were super excited to be working in crypto. We are all far to angry to cover up for Vern he destroyed years of our lives. If there was an internal conspiracy it would already have been posted.

No Bitcoin did not fork for GOX but I ask the question why not sue all the major miners etc and force them to fix both problems. It is digital money it can be done and has been done. The problem could be fixed.

Dude, I have no fuckin idea as to what skillsets you could've possibly brought to the table in causing Cryptsy to hire you, in turn movin' your ass to Floridaso to earn a scant salary, given that your command of the English language is pathetic at best.

The only thing that made sense to me was that the Bitcoin Foundation should be sued for the Cryptsy fiasco, but I made a 180 after I pulled my dick outta my ass.

All we need now is for Eternal Insolent to raise his ugly fuckin head and this thread would be golden. But what are the odds of that happenin'?

Bruno
Eternal Insolent

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:33:55 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 12:47:47 PM by Eternal Insolent

Dude, I have no fuckin idea as to what skillsets you could've possibly brought to the table in causing Cryptsy to hire you, in turn movin' your ass to Floridaso to earn a scant salary, given that your command of the English language is pathetic at best.

The only thing that made sense to me was that the Bitcoin Foundation should be sued for the Cryptsy fiasco, but I made a 180 after I pulled my dick outta my ass.

All we need now is for Eternal Insolent to raise his ugly fuckin head and this thread would be golden. But what are the odds of that happenin'?

Bruno

After following this thread for a while, I couldn't help but notice that somebody mentioned my name.

I concur that The Bitcoin Foundation should be sued. In fact, I firmly believe that Nabisco should also be sued because their products poisoned Spoetnik's brain, whereupon he was unable to do more to warn folks about Cryptsy.

Full Disclosure: I'm not FormerCryptsy. That's all that I'm sayin'!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:08:12 AM

After following this thread for a while there are a few things I wanted to get off my chest. Never were any of us told there had been a hack where funds were never recovered ...

Okay, that's were I quit reading, you fuckin retard!

Not only did Paul Vernon state that some employees knew about the hack, but said employees even verified such within this very thread that you claimed to be following for A WHILE. That, and even said truism is penned in the official court docs.

That said, I'm going back now to read the rest of your sci-fi story. Here's to hopin' it includes ball-capping under a blue tarp.

Bruno

They know who you are, from what I can ascertain the bounties have been paid and the culprits are known.

There are multiple parties involved in this.

Do any of you think for a second Mark Karpeles is safe.

You were dealing with criminals, wake up, not all cryptsy users are law abiding citizens

they do not forget

cut and run, rat them out, retrieve the funds, i don't think any of this will help.

its your money they want first and your blood second

Sorry that is just the reality of it.

How does cryptsy employees not see this, I do not know.........

Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: