Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
JorisLit

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:40:22 PM

If anyone has a good strategy for setting up the bot and can share it with the rest of us i would like it.

+1
Thats whayt IO asked too,maybe some general guidelines.

To discuss the community slack channel might be a good place: https://leonardough-slack.herokuapp.com/

All the best,

Rene

Very nice place for information..thanks guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

Hi Rene and team. Recent purchaser and very happy with the product so far. Thanks!

I’m running into an issue on Poloniex though, where I will start a MM bot and it will place the first order appropriately. I will go back a little while later and the bot is still running but there is no active order anymore, as if it is having trouble during the 6 minute cycling cancelling and replacing old orders. I have to stop the bot and restart it for a new order to finally place again. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I think what you're dealing with is a common problem that new users run into when using the MM bot.  When you select the funds to trade with on the slider, it is likely that you are using all of your funds.  The problem comes when the bot has to make price adjustments.  For example, the bot is asked to buy 1 BTC at $15000, and when the price jumps up to $16000, it requires more funds in order to purchase that 1 BTC.  So because all funds are being used, it is unable to dynamically adjust the price.  I think the Margin Software team is aware of this, and will implement a solution down the road.

Quick Solution: Don't trade with your entire balance.  Just leave some so the bot can make adjustments.

You are absolutely right. That seems to be the issue. Thanks for the tip!

Maybe a simple fix would be a slider that’s based on percentage of available funds instead of a hard number of shares.

Heh ... the sliders already have the abillity to set a minimum+safe amount for trades (just compare what you can set as minimal manual order and what you can set as minimum order size for the bots). Adding another safety-range for maximum amounts seems to be an interesting idea. I usually tell a bot to sell the maximum (full) balance if i have some alts and need to get back in market when the prices dropped to much in a specific timeframe or so. (i'm not so much a hodler at all. Wink)

Maybe there could even be a nice way to visually show if you are in or over the limits by turning parts of the slider red or so. Like on rpm gauges or so. *smile*

Greetings,

hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
thebigshort111

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:36:30 PM

Hi Rene and team. Recent purchaser and very happy with the product so far. Thanks!

I’m running into an issue on Poloniex though, where I will start a MM bot and it will place the first order appropriately. I will go back a little while later and the bot is still running but there is no active order anymore, as if it is having trouble during the 6 minute cycling cancelling and replacing old orders. I have to stop the bot and restart it for a new order to finally place again. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I think what you're dealing with is a common problem that new users run into when using the MM bot.  When you select the funds to trade with on the slider, it is likely that you are using all of your funds.  The problem comes when the bot has to make price adjustments.  For example, the bot is asked to buy 1 BTC at $15000, and when the price jumps up to $16000, it requires more funds in order to purchase that 1 BTC.  So because all funds are being used, it is unable to dynamically adjust the price.  I think the Margin Software team is aware of this, and will implement a solution down the road.

Quick Solution: Don't trade with your entire balance.  Just leave some so the bot can make adjustments.

I'm using the Demo with the MM bot on Poloniex as well, and I can assure you that the issue is not using all the funds. Two points: 1.) I'm buying with only about 25% of the available funds so the prices should adjust with not issue whatsoever. 2.) This should not be an issue when selling, yet the sell points get skipped right over even as the price rises (sale never takes place)

The demo currently does some funky calculations with fund balances so there may be an underlying issue with the demo that renders the bots somewhat useless. That said, I have spent a LOT of time with the demo trying to get accurate results, but outside of it serving as a chart with some overlays on it, the latest version has not worked for me as a trading bot (albeit a demo one) - The last version seemingly worked fine tracking and adjusting the prices as the market moved.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:57:45 PM

Is anyone else experiencing the bot crashing more often than it used to do before? Since the last couple of updates, the stability of the bot is not robust as before. I must say that I am currently not performing any trade with leonArdo. Please help.
DarthKegRaider

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:58:58 PM

Hey LeonArdo team,

Just a quick "heads up", my phone took a rather nasty death yesterday and I need to replace it.  Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me too much, but I have the Google two factor authentication enabled so am stressing a little if the whole transfer comes across.  I cannot find the backup code that i screenshotted, which makes the nerves more uneasy.  I did find my Steam and Battlenet one, so that's something i guess Smiley.  I did read on the google site that you can transfer by pressing the pencil icon on the new phone attached to your account, however, I don't see the option to perform these actions on my tablet (wifi).  Yet to buy the phone, also unsure what I want yet.

If I need to go the entire "Reset" 2FA route, are you guys able to transfer my key/secret to the same market api's for me?  I know that getting the markets to reset 2FA can take days also.
Anyone else suffered from a similar fate?  Am i worried for nothing?

TIA,

DKR
jproxer

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:18:02 AM

Hello,

I am really interested in buying the software but except the video with margin maker is there any other guide for newbies? I already tried demo, with one pair and it seems to make profits but there are a lot of options that I don’t understand... Undecided Roll Eyes thanks!

Regards

P.S The help tooltips don't actually show up properly, the text always get's cut off, so I can't understand what each of the options are. (Demo run in win 10 64bit)
rizingphoenix

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

Hey Rene, do you know when the new updated version with Binance will happen?
edoe

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:30:35 AM

A happy new year everyone. Wink

I'm wondering, if it is already known why the newer 3.7.x versions are painfully slow on bitfinex while the older 3.6 releases are running fine and smooth after the websocket implementation.

I'm on the road actually with only one laptop and have only bitfinex with 4 pairs open ... but i mentioned that problem with the 3.7.x earlier and was told by a user that using the older version would fix it, which i can confirm.

SADLY, the version-numbers are _nowhere_ visible except for the login screen (and now from the new about dialog, which lacks the build number - and so fix level - at all). So .. .yeah .. on my linux box at home i have a nice sorted ~/opt/leonardo-linux-x.x.x-bNNNNNNNN/ set of dirs where i can use more then one version in parallel for best performance but....

That does not work on windows installs, and it is a bad and sloppy hack anyways...

Any news so far? As a customer, i would prefer that all hickups in existing exchange APIs get sorted out before new APIs are added, but well, i can see the need to increase the number of useable exchanges....... ymmv Wink

Greetings,

hacky

Hey hacky, I can also confirm this bitfinex constantly disconnects the more bots/ pairs you have running the more it seems to disconnect.

Hopefully they fix it soon (whether it be bitfinex websocket issue or leonardos)
sickfancy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:07:20 PM

P.S The help tooltips don't actually show up properly, the text always get's cut off, so I can't understand what each of the options are. (Demo run in win 10 64bit)

I have similar problem with this too.  Couldn't fully understand the explanation of couple of tools due to this.

Also, TSSL implementation would be great in next release.

While I'm running this bot now and already earned more that cost of leonArdo bot after a couple of days, I found myself purchasing another bot with more features but also much more expensive.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:29:31 PM

Hello,

I am really interested in buying the software but except the video with margin maker is there any other guide for newbies? I already tried demo, with one pair and it seems to make profits but there are a lot of options that I don’t understand... Undecided Roll Eyes thanks!

Regards

Thanks for getting in touch.

One thing you can try is to adapt the font size in the settings. Then try again and it should work!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Amaralluis

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:34:57 PM

Hello,

Regards

Thanks for getting in touch.

One thing you can try is to adapt the font size in the settings. Then try again and it should work!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

That doesnt help Jon,
The text gets truncated randomly no matter what the font size is.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Hey Rene, do you know when the new updated version with Binance will happen?

We are intensely working on it, but can't give a certain release date.
One thing about exchange APIs that we learned is that they are all full of surprises.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:41:13 PM

I'm wondering, if it is already known why the newer 3.7.x versions are painfully slow on bitfinex while the older 3.6 releases are running fine and smooth after the websocket implementation.

I'm on the road actually with only one laptop and have only bitfinex with 4 pairs open ... but i mentioned that problem with the 3.7.x earlier and was told by a user that using the older version would fix it, which i can confirm.

SADLY, the version-numbers are _nowhere_ visible except for the login screen (and now from the new about dialog, which lacks the build number - and so fix level - at all). So .. .yeah .. on my linux box at home i have a nice sorted ~/opt/leonardo-linux-x.x.x-bNNNNNNNN/ set of dirs where i can use more then one version in parallel for best performance but....

That does not work on windows installs, and it is a bad and sloppy hack anyways...

Any news so far? As a customer, i would prefer that all hickups in existing exchange APIs get sorted out before new APIs are added, but well, i can see the need to increase the number of useable exchanges....... ymmv Wink

Greetings,

hacky

Hey hacky, I can also confirm this bitfinex constantly disconnects the more bots/ pairs you have running the more it seems to disconnect.

Hopefully they fix it soon (whether it be bitfinex websocket issue or leonardos)

We hear ya. Later today there will be a patch release which re-enables websockets for bitfinex which should solve that.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

Hello,

Regards

We are working on an new website with more and better tutorial videos which is due soon.
You can also have a look at  the community slack channel https://leonardough-slack.herokuapp.com or look for 3rd party tutorial videos on Youtube.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

Later today we will release a patch release which re-enables websockets for some connections which had be reverted to REST calls for stability fixes. So that should speed things up again.
We would also like to catch all hickups beforehand, but this is just not possible to a 100% as APIs do not alway act as documented and especially when exchanges are under high load can act erratic.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Hey LeonArdo team,

Just a quick "heads up", my phone took a rather nasty death yesterday and I need to replace it.  Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me too much, but I have the Google two factor authentication enabled so am stressing a little if the whole transfer comes across.  I cannot find the backup code that i screenshotted, which makes the nerves more uneasy.  I did find my Steam and Battlenet one, so that's something i guess Smiley.  I did read on the google site that you can transfer by pressing the pencil icon on the new phone attached to your account, however, I don't see the option to perform these actions on my tablet (wifi).  Yet to buy the phone, also unsure what I want yet.

If I need to go the entire "Reset" 2FA route, are you guys able to transfer my key/secret to the same market api's for me?  I know that getting the markets to reset 2FA can take days also.
Anyone else suffered from a similar fate?  Am i worried for nothing?

TIA,

DKR

Just submit the new secret via: http://www.marginsoftware.de/registration.html
and drop a short mail to support@marginsoftware.de describing the situation and we will replace your key.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:53:24 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 06:34:05 PM by leonArdo@margin

Update patch version 3.7.4 available

This is an important release which fixes some bugs and introduces a new parameter for the Bollinger Band Bot.

• Minimum Effective Gain % parameter added to the Bollinger Band Bot. It's possible to enable just one side (buy/sell or sell/buy), none, or both sides
  • Fix to Bollinger Band Bot buying and selling if http results are missing
  • Added internal handling of maximum allowed prices to the spot-order mechanics of the Bollinger Band Bot
  • Bollinger Band Bot now uses the top of the orderbook instead of the ticker price to check for buy/sell signals
  • Fix for Static Ping Pong Bot added
  • Demo funds issue fixed
  • Confirmation on closing currency pairs requested (can be disabled in options)
  • Added candle width to the candle tooltip
  • Fixed error in HitBTC, which made several currency pairs unusable
  • Websockets again being used for Bitfinex open orders and funds (results in faster placing and canceling too)
  • Fixed smaller issue with json-value conversion in Bittrex
  • Optimized API-error handling

Click on the "update available!" link on the leonArdo login screen to download this new version.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Jonathan

Edit: Wanted to show you guys the new Min Effective Gain parameter in the Bollinger Band Bot. If needed, it displays exactly how it adapts the current buy/sell threshold.

Note that without the Min effective gain the sell trade (small yellow triangle) in the middle of the chart would have triggered sooner and the following buy trade (small blue triangle) would also have trigger at a much higher price.

allyrbase

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:14:04 PM

Any plans on creating a .deb package for the linux version?
This would make the installation process easier.
Amaralluis

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

This is an important release which fixes some bugs and introduces a new parameter for the Bollinger Band Bot.

• Minimum Effective Gain % parameter added to the Bollinger Band Bot. It's possible to enable just one side (buy/sell or sell/buy), none, or both sides
  • Added internal handling of maximum allowed prices to the spot-order mechanics of the Bollinger Band Bot
  • Bollinger Band Bot now uses the top of the orderbook instead of the ticker price to check for buy/sell signals
  • Demo funds issue fixed
  • Websockets again being used for Bitfinex open orders and funds (results in faster placing and canceling too)

Click on the "update available!" link on the leonArdo login screen to download this new version.

Jonathan

Is this normal to have many timeouts (code 4) errors?

01/04 01:40:17 pm demo-bittrex:XVG/BTC: ticker data update failed (http error while getting ticker: [code: 4]: Timeout (the connection to the remote server timed out))
01/04 01:40:52 pm demo-bittrex:XVG/BTC: ticker data update failed (http error while getting ticker: [code: 4]: Timeout (the connection to the remote server timed out))
01/04 01:41:33 pm demo-bittrex:XVG/BTC: ticker data update failed (http error while getting ticker: [code: 4]: Timeout (the connection to the remote server timed out))
01/04 01:41:57 pm bittrex:XVG/BTC: http error during chart data get call: [code: 4]: Timeout (the connection to the remote server timed out)
s1ko

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:28:46 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 06:41:10 PM by s1ko

• Demo funds issue fixed

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan;
Im running an arch linux in my raspberry, the first version that you release 3.7.2 wich was a full binary ( http://www.marginsoftware.de/downloads/leonArdo.arm ) run fine to me but all the rest show me this error:

Code:
 not running on Raspbian
./leonArdo.arm: relocation error: /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol __mmap, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

So, could you please keep compiling the full binary ( and the tarball aslo) ?
Cheers !!!

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: