Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233947 times)
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:20:47 AM

"This textcoin was already claimed"  Shocked

Splendid new features. I hope that this will lead to increased attention for this project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:49:50 AM

BEEB - Blackbytes Escrow Exchange Bot - Daily report.

New on BEEB! 2-sided orderbook (BlackBytes Bid and Ask) is now available!

Trading report:
Last 24h traded vol: 58 182 MBB
Current Best Ask: 0.0649 MB/MBB
Current Best Bid: 0.042 MB/MBB
Last price: 0.0649 MB/MBB

Instant trade BlackBytes on BEEB: buy or sell at best price. More information on BEEB web front end:

stkuser1

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:01:12 AM

byteball has less than nothing to lose and a ton to gain by switching to mbyte or smaller. i truly can't believe not one single coin with this issue has ever done anything to address it. it rams home once again how unworldly crypto developers are.

The main concern against MB was that it adds too many leading 0s to the price in BTC and makes it hard to read. But I agree with you, I would expect MB to have a positive effect because most people (especially the normal people you want to reach) value things in $

Probably need rebranding like antshares did to NEO ,people when they see MB and GB they think of DATA ,Byteball is more a currency then DATA,rebranding to something else then MB,GB and use the equivalent of MB so circulating supply will be 1 billion instead of 1 million so 1 new Byteball=old Byteball/1000 will definitely bring more people to Byteball
good point! Hope tony could address this issue sooner then later
Birkensekt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:12:23 AM

Here is your link to receive 5 MB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?hair-sting-pigeon-color-place-exile-acoustic-setup-dream-route-chaos-matter
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:17:48 AM

Just a thought... is it possible to see where a textcoin has gone? Can you see the address or device that has claimed it?

Yes, when you create a textcoin to be redeemed, it goes to a new address.
When someone claims it, it then goes to their address.

You (meaning the sender) can see it on the Dag explorer.

Also, I can re-claim it if it's not claimed.
I've sent out 8 transactions today.  The first three were only claimed about an hour ago, while the rest were being claimed shortly after posting them.

At this point, they have all been claimed except this new one:

Here is your link to receive 0.0015 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?sugar-invest-tuna-save-curve-stove-spice-practice-surface-solar-delay-wife

Who needs more distribution rounds if we have Michail?  Cheesy

Good job!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:42:54 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 08:53:43 AM by vlom

what can i do if i have an unconfirmed transaction since 14 hours? i never had this with byteball.
and the explorer does not find the unit.

https://explorer.byteball.org/#k24D1W+gGVhs16/ys65KFiz4w0jpmsbJLZ78YopYBA4=

i wanted to send some bytes via e-mail.

Did you upgrade the version to 2.00.0?
It will fix issue with the wallet for what might appear as a spend that your wallet thinks is there, but not broadcasted.

Here is your link to receive 0.003 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?share-latin-suspect-scan-leaf-spice-tent-pull-faith-battle-index-inquiry

i am using the newest version. that why i played with the new features.
i already restored from backups.

i was able to solve my problem. but it was a long way.

1. i restored to the last wallet before i updated to v2. i used my backup.
2. i restored the byteball folder in application support from the backup too.
3. after i started wallet version Version 1.11.3 (1.11.3) i had a confirmed balance.
4. i updated to Version 2.0.0 (2.0.0) again.
5. now all transactions are confirmed.

but:
all the transactions that where unconfirmed just disappeared.

and during this try an error process i lost some bytes because i forgot to backup once.

i don't know why this happened. maybe because i switched hubs.

but i found out about the cash back witness yesterday too.
https://byteball-cashback-witness.com
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

IOTA market cap near $8B with Byteball being 2% of that. Simple truth is that if dev can get bytes listed on a bigger exchange such as bitfinex, coinone, or binance, Byteball will be in the hands of more people and have a higher market cap, and can better compete with IOTA in terms of visibility and gaining use cases.
iota is a very centralized coin. even with it's current success i trust more the technological superiority of byteball in a few years.
I don't think IOTA is much centralized,
I think it is not easy to understand IOTA,
we should read more about it, I remember that IOTA devs told that IOTA will be more and more decentralized in future

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:40:08 AM

super impressive stuff about the email. one day people will look back on these prices and their minds are gonna be boggled.

totally agree about previous posts regarding unit bias. even if the weirdos here don't believe it's a thing, they should at least for freaking once in crypto history experiment with this and prove that it's real.

byteball has less than nothing to lose and a ton to gain by switching to mbyte or smaller. i truly can't believe not one single coin with this issue has ever done anything to address it. it rams home once again how unworldly crypto developers are.

the byteball community is still small enough to understand why it's happening and help make it happen.

Yup, the switch to a smaller unit is probably the single "feature" most needed at this time to gain mainstream adoption.

It is fucking crazy that Byteball is one of the most undervalued coins in comparison to how well it does deliver. But almost no new people want to buy such an "expensive" coin. Yeah, that's literally what they say... every single time someone asks me for advice on what coins would I recommend. They disregard the advice instantly after checking the price per "coin" -same thing happens with Bitcoin, but to a lesser extent "coz Bitcoin is Bitcoin"-.

No, they go to IOTA instead which is much "cheaper" at only $x.xx.... without caring that it is a coin that has delivered NOTHING of what is suppossed to do. Have anyone seen where is that code that would run on microcontrollers? I have been trying to find sources for Arduino to no avail.... well, in fact, no source for any microcontroller at all. Not even beta, or alpha, or a fucking draft.... NOTHING.

That said.... it's awesome what Byteball has already achieved technically wise. Keep up the great work!

I have to disagree with thoughts on the devs being unworldly. They have been anything but. Name one other project that actively updates their wallets according to features that people actually want, actually like and actually use. And at the same time seeks our merchants to form partnerships with. I think yes, the psychology of expensive coins makes people think several times before buying into it, but then we have the biggest coin of all Bitcoin who actually is no longer facing this problem. Look at all the orderbooks and recent orders matched. Almost all are in amounts of 0.01 BTC or less. And they are not calling it 10 Mbits or 10,000 bits... they're just saying 0.01 BTC or whatever.

But never mind our arguments, it is good for the devs to watch. We trust in them completely, and are happy with how far they have taken us.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:46:20 AM

super impressive stuff about the email. one day people will look back on these prices and their minds are gonna be boggled.

totally agree about previous posts regarding unit bias. even if the weirdos here don't believe it's a thing, they should at least for freaking once in crypto history experiment with this and prove that it's real.

the byteball community is still small enough to understand why it's happening and help make it happen.

Yup, the switch to a smaller unit is probably the single "feature" most needed at this time to gain mainstream adoption.

It is fucking crazy that Byteball is one of the most undervalued coins in comparison to how well it does deliver. But almost no new people want to buy such an "expensive" coin. Yeah, that's literally what they say... every single time someone asks me for advice on what coins would I recommend. They disregard the advice instantly after checking the price per "coin" -same thing happens with Bitcoin, but to a lesser extent "coz Bitcoin is Bitcoin"-.

No, they go to IOTA instead which is much "cheaper" at only $x.xx.... without caring that it is a coin that has delivered NOTHING of what is suppossed to do. Have anyone seen where is that code that would run on microcontrollers? I have been trying to find sources for Arduino to no avail.... well, in fact, no source for any microcontroller at all. Not even beta, or alpha, or a fucking draft.... NOTHING.

That said.... it's awesome what Byteball has already achieved technically wise. Keep up the great work!

I have to disagree with thoughts on the devs being unworldly. They have been anything but. Name one other project that actively updates their wallets according to features that people actually want, actually like and actually use. And at the same time seeks our merchants to form partnerships with. I think yes, the psychology of expensive coins makes people think several times before buying into it, but then we have the biggest coin of all Bitcoin who actually is no longer facing this problem. Look at all the orderbooks and recent orders matched. Almost all are in amounts of 0.01 BTC or less. And they are not calling it 10 Mbits or 10,000 bits... they're just saying 0.01 BTC or whatever.

But never mind our arguments, it is good for the devs to watch. We trust in them completely, and are happy with how far they have taken us.

There is NO doubt that reducing units to megabytes would be beneficial lets get on with this asap.

Never apply rules to bitcoin it does not work. BTC is a rule to itself.

valr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:06:01 AM

Agree with the unit change to MB. I think the leading zeros argument by Tony just doesn't hold (and if we go by that argument,  0.001GB or 0.0001GB give aways for cashbacks, via emails are just as confusing!). If we want real world adoption and easy to understand units (along with attracting some of the newer crypto adopters), we should switch to MB (and perhaps to KB at a later time). People who trade are careful enough to calculate the amounts before they trade, and aren't concerned about the leading zeros. And there are good examples - IOTA, Ripple, that have leading zeros and are still doing well.

Since majority of the community sees this as a much needed move, lets switch to MBs, or better yet, put this up for vote via the poll bot!

There was a discussion about this yesterday in #announcements channel on slack, for anyone interested.
Dr_Voidberg

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:24:18 AM

There was a discussion about this yesterday in #announcements channel on slack, for anyone interested.

Its hard to get into slack, the link in the first post still doesn't work. Most Byteball users are not in the slack, but I think a majority would welcome a unit change.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:39:21 AM

Spread the word!

valr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:56:03 AM

Its hard to get into slack, the link in the first post still doesn't work. Most Byteball users are not in the slack, but I think a majority would welcome a unit change.

The auto-invites are disabled due to the overwhelming spam couple of months back. The OP will be updated with the new invite page, when it is ready. You can still DM cryptkeeper here and ask for a manual invite. The slack URL is byteball.slack.com
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:11:30 PM

The auto-invites are disabled due to the overwhelming spam couple of months back. The OP will be updated with the new invite page, when it is ready. You can still DM cryptkeeper here and ask for a manual invite. The slack URL is byteball.slack.com

This ^^^

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
shapeshiftscam

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:20:56 PM

Byteball is welfare to all bitcoiners. It is similar to IFO, but when will byteball ends distribution? The price will be pumping hard when the distribution is over.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:36:40 PM

the chart it's like a worst case  Angry thx for nothing
Lol, leave and don't come back. Rome wasn't built in a day.
The impatience in Cryptoworld is incredible, just relax. It's your fault if you put everything on one card.
Byteball will recover one day, I still trust this project.

Don't be so rude to that guy. Most of us had some really bad investment experiences in crypto and were quite upset. This might count for this guy as well.

Edit: I am not saying Byteball is a bad experience, but seeing your investment shrinking is generally a bad experience Wink

Investing is a slippery slope. Most of the time, you get to hear about a good investment but its price has risen significantly but there is certainly room for more increase. But then it prematurely crashes cuz most in crypto are traders and see Bitcoin rising above the rest.

Absolutely and let's be real: everybody has some emotions when a coin you invested in doesn't perform well. And that counts even more so for newbies. People from the crypto stone age are probably more calm because they have made the real volatility experiences and all that stuff already Wink

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ByteFan

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:51:44 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 04:07:42 PM by ByteFan

Blackbytes Escrow Exchange Bot (BEEB) is offering you 1,000,000 Bytes now!

Trade your Blackbytes on BEEB - http://beeb-bot.com

Grab here quick!!  ----> https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?famous-dish-only-hospital-hospital-pitch-adapt-ahead-bird-hill-funny-artefact

StandingTall

Activity: 81
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

Grab here quick!!  ----> https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?famous-dish-only-hospital-hospital-pitch-adapt-ahead-bird-hill-funny-artefact

Dont' try to make fools of us. You generous give away is worth 0,30 USD.

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
ByteFan

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:38:12 PM

Dont' try to make fools of us. You generous give away is worth 0,30 USD.
Don't grab it if you beleive it does not deserve a finger effort. I am not fooling nobody, I did not promise you a fortune. I have given away 1MB (and someone has grabbed them).
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:16:44 PM

"This textcoin was already claimed"  Shocked

Splendid new features. I hope that this will lead to increased attention for this project.

Once I send it, it is a transaction on the dag.
It's not claimable until it is confirmed.  So, it takes less than 10 minutes prior to be it redeemable.

Once it's confirmed and claimed you get the response you got.

People are quick to claim free coins.  Smiley

Who needs more distribution rounds if we have Michail?  Cheesy

Good job!

Ha.

i was able to solve my problem. but it was a long way.

1. i restored to the last wallet before i updated to v2. i used my backup.
2. i restored the byteball folder in application support from the backup too.
3. after i started wallet version Version 1.11.3 (1.11.3) i had a confirmed balance.
4. i updated to Version 2.0.0 (2.0.0) again.
5. now all transactions are confirmed.

but:
all the transactions that where unconfirmed just disappeared.

and during this try an error process i lost some bytes because i forgot to backup once.

i don't know why this happened. maybe because i switched hubs.

but i found out about the cash back witness yesterday too.
https://byteball-cashback-witness.com

You did not have to go through that whole process, and you have NOT lost bytes; however, you might simply not be able to see them yet.

The issue for me is that I would have to go through your wallet to find what happened or where it is.

Example.... You might have made a payment from address1 to me, but the change went to address2.
When you did a restore prior to the transaction, it only knows of address1 which HAD.  When it sync, it sees there is now nothing in address1, but doesn't check address2 since it doesn't know about it (YET).
This is a common problem.   So, what you can do is make a few payments to someone else or to a new wallet (not full amounts), so that the change will come back.  This activates the next address.  Your wallet will then calculate the change you just made and the amount that is in there.   Long story, but you did NOT lose bytes.  You simply may not see them yet.

It's also possible you simply thought you had more than you did.  Smiley

I am so happy that the slack requires the minimal effort of requesting a link in order to stop the spammers.  I have left many slack channels just to get away from the spam.
If you want into the slack channel, I'm not sure how to say this nicely --- Why didn't you request an invite?
You could send me your email address and I can send you an invite link.

Here is your link to receive 0.002 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?arrow-hero-discover-recall-share-guilt-shop-vacant-charge-inside-hobby-curtain

Pages: « 1 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: