Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

anyone know why deposit is still disable on cryptopia for Byteball?

because they have not updated their wallet. they have been unresponsive for a while
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:15:27 PM

It is for Byteball investors, especially someone who bought the coin earlier this year.
Today, Byteball has stood around $41: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/
In addition, I would like to know that whether Cryptopia exchange safely to buy and move Byteball.
Over the last day, only $35 value of Byteball traded there: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=GBYTE_BTC

I suggest trading at cryptox.pl  or bittrex. cryptoia have not updated their wallet, hence lack of volume
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:38:00 PM

It's just impossible to download a full node, same problem as Ethereum.

On chain scaling has been proved to be impossible. ^

This shows why we need small blocks and a second layer for scaling.

unlike ethereum byteball has no blocks

Sure, but it still has a chain of transactions which has become so massive that a full node can't be downloaded on a desktop computer.

it depends on your connection speed, I think most full nodes use remote servers

Actually, it mainly depends on your drive. Even with a fiber optic internet connection, if you don't have an SSD, then syncing just gets insanely slow at some point. If you want a full node, you must use an SSD.

pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:52:12 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 04:05:02 PM by pineapple express

Sure, but it still has a chain of transactions which has become so massive that a full node can't be downloaded on a desktop computer.

Actually, it mainly depends on your drive. Even with a fiber optic internet connection, if you don't have an SSD, then syncing just gets insanely slow at some point. If you want a full node, you must use an SSD.
so basically byterbak get rid of blocks and get relativity fast, cheap transactions and finality in exchange for decentralization and ddos resistance? Is this worth it?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

so basically byterbak get rid of blocks and get relativity fast, cheap transactions and finality in exchange for decentralization and ddos resistance? Is this worth it?

Requiring an SSD isn't really sacrificing decentralization; having one dude run all twelve validating nodes is though. And having one dude hand pick a replacement for four of them isn't solving the issue.
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:18:48 PM

Requiring an SSD isn't really sacrificing decentralization; having one dude run all twelve validating nodes is though. And having one dude hand pick a replacement for four of them isn't solving the issue.

yes fair point however the first 12 witnesses will not be forever, and future witness selection will not be by the team.

the plan is to get higher profile witnesses later than the first ones (which will be replaced). but right now as the witness model is still untested its unrealistic to think any household name would be one yet
joe1823

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:40:09 PM

This ^.
pineapple express

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:43:01 PM

i mean byterbal got rid of the blocks and lost decentralization. Is the DAG really so cool?
2009 blockchain - got rid of the central banks. Wow we can change the world of money with this.
2018 DAG - got rid of the decentralization. Central banks (the King in byterbal case) is good, 17 tps and network under ddos, crypto 3.0 weeeeeeee no blocks no problems.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

^^^ Bald assertion, devoid of any supporting evidence.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:16:48 PM

Personally, I really like the name "Byteball". Changing the name does not help make the price high. Everyone was laughing at Dogcoin too))

Yes, but Dogecoin has an image built around an iconic mascot that is universally viewed as cute and cuddly.

'Bite My Balls' does not conjure up a similarly endearing image.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

I found the name repulsive from the beginning. The only reason why I was involved with the project at that time was the "Blackbytes". But they probably don't play a role anymore. The various inquiries in this direction are ignored obtrusively.
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 06:52:20 PM

b) The Unit Byte: I know, this is a much discussed topic and actually the unit is good. In reality, the representation of bytes and the jump between bytes, MB and GB is often confusing. For example, it took me two tries to transfer the correct amount from my desktop wallet (unit there: GB) to my mobile wallet (unit there: MB), although I'm actually very familiar with bytes, megabytes, and so on. So I used a wrong value in GB and sent me 0.1 MB, although I wanted to send 100 MB. I was just too lazy to switch my desktop wallet to MB.
Furthermore, the block explorer with bytes as a unit is not usable by the human eye. There are just too big numbers to capture them at a glance. Generally I would recommend to relaunch the block explorer. The Explorer is very confusing.
My recommendation would be to install a simple switch anywhere in the UI or to take MB as the default, at least for the block explorer.

c) Website / Communication: Honestly, the website seems to me "too cheap". Sorry for the harsh words. The website / communication (+ YT, Twitter, etc.) is not worthy of a multi-million dollar project. The website looks like a $ 25 WordPress theme. This always strikes me when the buttons "Subscribe to Newsletter" and "Download Wallet" appear. This looks like a "purchased standard theme"! A simple website was good at the beginning and underlined the "it just works" principle. But this has to evolve. The website and the whole communication concept should promote real professionals, not just a single graphic designer or individual consultant. Take a real communication leader and put everything to the test. I mean, for example an agency like the one that has created the new corporate logo and developed the new livery of the aircraft at Lufthansa. An agency from this league. Byteball also plays in this league. This costs a lot of money, yes, but it is well spent money.

b) Starting from wallet version 2.6.0, there is a simple quick switch of unit size in the UI (join Slack or subscribe to newsletter Tongue to be up-to-date with changes). On Send screen, just click on unit name and if it is bytes or blackbytes then it will open the unit size selection screen.
I don't understand complaints about unit size because in most cases you don't even need to insert them manually, usually it is another user or bot that is asking you do pay certain amount of bytes and when you click that link then your Send screen is automatically filled with right amount no matter what unit size you have selected. And even if somebody asked you send amount in unit size that you are not using then pick that unit size and send that exact amount, with that new UI shortcut, you can do that.
Also, that criticism about default unit size is also bit nonsense because it doesn't matter what unit size exchanges use (they use usually the biggest, not satoshis nor litoshis), exchange users are not Byteball users too, they trade IOUs, if they send a GBYTE to their wallet then by default it is displayed as bytes, if the user picked something else, it was their choice.

c) The website has evolved, current one is not the original simple design it had since beginning, if you want to see how it looked before then Danish https://byteball.org/index.html.da and Spanish are still with old design https://byteball.org/index.html.es
The name and the design are always the easiest things to complain about any project, but most time, changing them doesn't matter as much as they seem to matter based on the urgency that complainers say these have.
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

Hello Tonych and Byteball team,

In Chapter 6 of the Byteball whitepaper, you say : [...], and also expect them to post frequently enough, [...]

Could you be more explicit about your definiton of "frequently" and "enough" because it could be an open door to abuses even considering the network fees.

Thank you

Chapter 13 says this:
Payload commission goes to witnesses.  To incentivize witnesses to post
frequently enough, we split payload commission equally among all witnesses who
are quick enough to post within 100 MC indexes after the paying unit (the faster
they post, the faster this unit becomes stable).  If all 12 witnesses have posted
within this interval, each receives 1/12 of the payload commission.  If only one
witness has posted, he receives the entire payload commission.  In the special case
that no witness has posted within this interval, they all receive 1/12 of payload
commission.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 12:08:23 AM

The floggings will continue until moral improves
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

Hello Tonych and Byteball team,

In Chapter 6 of the Byteball whitepaper, you say : [...], and also expect them to post frequently enough, [...]

Could you be more explicit about your definiton of "frequently" and "enough" because it could be an open door to abuses even considering the network fees.

Thank you

Chapter 13 says this:
Payload commission goes to witnesses.  To incentivize witnesses to post
frequently enough, we split payload commission equally among all witnesses who
are quick enough to post within 100 MC indexes after the paying unit (the faster
they post, the faster this unit becomes stable).  If all 12 witnesses have posted
within this interval, each receives 1/12 of the payload commission.  If only one
witness has posted, he receives the entire payload commission.  In the special case
that no witness has posted within this interval, they all receive 1/12 of payload
commission.

Hello Tarmo888,

By network fees, I was thinking about the fees of posting units, not about commissions whose I remembered about the 1/12 ratio.
A mix of chapters 13 & 14 give me a more appropriate answer about my "frenquently" & "enòugh" question to continu to fill my blueprint notebook.

I read the whitepaper at beggining of 2017 and didn't take any note, so, I'm doing my homeworks now ;-)

Thank you for help !
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:34:48 AM

This is certainly a major issue.

samer123

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:43:00 AM

what's next? 0.00089?  Cheesy
pineapple express

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:47:14 AM

byterbal out of top 200 Shocked
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:56:48 AM

The inability and ignorance of management correlates with demand. - The whole thing increasingly seems to me to be the ego project of an individual.

Community undesirable.
pineapple express

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:27:49 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 09:54:24 AM by pineapple express

byterbal is a language of value between users. Without users byterbal will fail. Without liquidity there's no users. Without the potential to store value inside of it, byterbal will not have liquidity. Byterbal needs to return bitcoin airdrops and try to start over. If you love byterbal, sell your bytes and show Tony that you against politics of his mediocre marketing team. We need a real community, not the steem bots and twitter shitposters!
Pages: « 1 ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: