Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:00:03 PM

So first happy thanksgiving to all! It doesnt matter if you live in America or not. Secondly Im going to ask a series of questions of what it is you want to see. For now, Im still not clear on the direction of the graphics. Its enormous work to code for 2 separate guis and would like to see only 1. Ive made the colors brighter. Do you like them? If so tell us. If you dont , tell us, and tell us why. Be VERY specific and detailed? If you dont like the colors, what colors would be better? Please try to refrain from suggesting stock colors, unless you truly love them. What about the colors of the litecoin logo. Anyway I have made the background MUCH lighter. Please comment:

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:05:15 PM

Ok so Gentarkin and I need your feedback on the importance of upgrading BFGminer.

Should BFGminer we upgraded as much as possible to the newest version as soon as possible?

Should bfg miner be upgraded once in a while, maybe every 4-6 months?

Are you happy with the way things are , and BFG miner works well, so who cares?

See, Gentarkin and I DONT want to make all the decisions for you, because your opinion/vote carries enormous weight. Please take a moment and respond. Your vote counts. It only takes a second.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:56:46 PM

Also does ANYONE use KNCminion? We dont know if to keep it in the code or not. If you truly use Kncminion and you love it , please speak up.

Vegas

beastmode18

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:21:48 PM

Hey guys

Does anyone have a KNC Neptune controller card lying around, I could really do with one.

Thanks in advance
kntdookoo

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:33:03 PM

Also does ANYONE use KNCminion? We dont know if to keep it in the code or not. If you truly use Kncminion and you love it , please speak up.

Vegas

Please keep if you can. I use it quite often. Thanks.
frenchy

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:40:35 PM

hello guys and happy thanksgiving to all!!!yes vegas i really like your GUI!!!About bfgminer update: Is this possible to keep the choice between the last two versions?(my titan work so well with bfgminer 5.3 and i have never tested the new version but i want keep the possibility to try it .About kncminion,i didn't use it except for the fun,so if you don't keep it in the next release it will not miss me.Let 's see what the other titans miners thinking about this? Cool
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:29:56 PM

Colour change is pointless IMO, readability is what matters most and stock is perfect. No need to rice it out.

Updating bfgminer also seems like a waste of resources. Should only be updated if there's a specific fix for Titans in a release, such as decreasing slush time or whatever. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

KNCMinion I haven't really used in the past, don't think I'll use it much in the future either. I vote remove if it makes your lives easier with releases.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:23:56 AM

Colour change is pointless IMO, readability is what matters most and stock is perfect. No need to rice it out.

Updating bfgminer also seems like a waste of resources. Should only be updated if there's a specific fix for Titans in a release, such as decreasing slush time or whatever. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

KNCMinion I haven't really used in the past, don't think I'll use it much in the future either. I vote remove if it makes your lives easier with releases.

My viewpoint exactly on bfgminer updates but ... for the sake of "keeping it updated so people think they are running the 'latest and greatest'" ... Ive always at least coded in the stock 5.1.0 (works best w/ titans) and whatever latest build there is for bfgminer. =) ... so far, Ima leaning towards keeping it like that. Juggling more versions then that around ... is chaotic and nothing I intend to do.
KNCminion is a free thing(I dont have to change stuff w/ it when I make other webgui changes) , doesnt require any additional work for me to keep it in the webgui. So, Im probably not gonna worry about taking it out.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:47:21 AM

yes stock is fine, and readability is what matters most

vegasguy how's that video coming along?   it's been months!!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:22:42 AM

Ok so Gentarkin and I need your feedback on the importance of upgrading BFGminer.

Should BFGminer we upgraded as much as possible to the newest version as soon as possible?

Should bfg miner be upgraded once in a while, maybe every 4-6 months?

Are you happy with the way things are , and BFG miner works well, so who cares?

See, Gentarkin and I DONT want to make all the decisions for you, because your opinion/vote carries enormous weight. Please take a moment and respond. Your vote counts. It only takes a second.

Vegas

he has like minor and major releases...maybe set it for only major releases which i think are every 2-4 months (others on here is that right?)

Vegas

I have seen it I know people who use the charts to really tweak the dies on each etc....I'd keep it (toggle option if that is what it is) just to add flavor to the project

my 2 satoshi's worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:48:28 PM

vegasguy how's that video coming along?   it's been months!!

Steve the video is not forgotten about, but there is much information that is still missing, and the reason is because KNCminer has not released ANYTHING regarding the details about this board. I thought it would be straightforward to gather all the info I need like schematics and any detailed information about these boards. The harsh truth is NO information exists anywhere about them, so everything is being done manually, that is what is taking so long.

Vegas

You were supposed to create a video based on the knowledge you already had from your experience dealing with Titans. The same information you use for your Titan repair service. Bleeding information out of the KNC stone was never part of the equation. It's obvious that you chose not to share the information, or never really had any to offer to begin with.. I certainly haven't seen anyone post reviews of your repair service after having sent you their Titan cubes in. A lot of us, including myself, bought into the firmware because the video was also a part of the deal. We wanted to fix our dead dies. We don't even need a video, just your supposed information on fixing these broken cubes. You could easily post information on your website for us paid users, but you haven't. Instead, you chose to waste time changing UI colours. That makes me believe there will never be a video or information posted on fixing these things. You've said the video was "almost done!" multiple times in the past. Now you're insinuating that it's no where near complete because KNC won't cooperate with you.

Sorry if I sound abrasive, but I paid for something I never received in regards to your video. If it weren't for Tarkin's awesome work on his firmware, I'd feel ripped off. As it is now, the video is written off in my head and I'm glad to have supported Tarkin with my $50. Hopefully you'll make me look like an ass and prove me wrong.

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:53:15 PM

My viewpoint exactly on bfgminer updates but ... for the sake of "keeping it updated so people think they are running the 'latest and greatest'" ... Ive always at least coded in the stock 5.1.0 (works best w/ titans) and whatever latest build there is for bfgminer. =) ... so far, Ima leaning towards keeping it like that. Juggling more versions then that around ... is chaotic and nothing I intend to do.
KNCminion is a free thing(I dont have to change stuff w/ it when I make other webgui changes) , doesnt require any additional work for me to keep it in the webgui. So, Im probably not gonna worry about taking it out.

Cool, I agree that the last official release from KNC (5.1.0) should always be a part of your firmware. Really no need for anything else. Having the option to use a newer version is just icing on the cake. Keep up the good work!
TXSteve

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:06:59 PM

vegasguy how's that video coming along?   it's been months!!

Steve the video is not forgotten about, but there is much information that is still missing, and the reason is because KNCminer has not released ANYTHING regarding the details about this board. I thought it would be straightforward to gather all the info I need like schematics and any detailed information about these boards. The harsh truth is NO information exists anywhere about them, so everything is being done manually, that is what is taking so long.

Vegas

You were supposed to create a video based on the knowledge you already had from your experience dealing with Titans. The same information you use for your Titan repair service. Bleeding information out of the KNC stone was never part of the equation. It's obvious that you chose not to share the information, or never really had any to offer to begin with.. I certainly haven't seen anyone post reviews of your repair service after having sent you their Titan cubes in. A lot of us, including myself, bought into the firmware because the video was also a part of the deal. We wanted to fix our dead dies. We don't even need a video, just your supposed information on fixing these broken cubes. You could easily post information on your website for us paid users, but you haven't. Instead, you chose to waste time changing UI colours. That makes me believe there will never be a video or information posted on fixing these things. You've said the video was "almost done!" multiple times in the past. Now you're insinuating that it's no where near complete because KNC won't cooperate with you.

Sorry if I sound abrasive, but I paid for something I never received in regards to your video. If it weren't for Tarkin's awesome work on his firmware, I'd feel ripped off. As it is now, the video is written off in my head and I'm glad to have supported Tarkin with my $50. Hopefully you'll make me look like an ass and prove me wrong.

well said, thx for saving me the trouble ...  Baghdad Bob,  what a knucklehead lol
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:11:36 PM

if any lawler is interested in kncminer,
not granting warrenty. Please contcat me though pm.
they just waited to reply (about a week ) after one year and said warrenty exprired!
i asked for rma before one year was over.
this is not lawfull and they know it.................

ps. where does one order a ribbin cable if  one is lost...
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:42:39 AM

looks good so far, any chance we can get a overclock option?
Yep, it already exists ... 325mhz
Anything more requires reverse engineering spimux-titan file in the pi image. Its not open source, it holds the keys to making the controller board running better and unlocking more frequencies etc.... till then, anything beyond 325mhz is not possible.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:45:07 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 06:56:43 AM by TXSteve

they just waited to reply (about a week ) after one year and said warrenty exprired!

ps. where does one order a ribbin cable if  one is lost...

you'll have to make your own, but it's pretty easy and you can use common slip jaw pliers instead of a crimper

just be careful to double/triple check the orientation of the plugs (or order extras)

http://www.pcaccessories.com/shopexd.asp?id=514

http://www.pcaccessories.com/shopexd.asp?id=524
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:45:02 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 11:06:51 AM by SunnyIgor

you'll have to make your own, but it's pretty easy and you can use common slip jaw pliers instead of a crimper

just be careful to double/triple check the orientation of the plugs (or order extras)

dont have tools and skills like that and I live in the eu anyone can make me a cabel?

edit: found it! Grin
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:46:22 PM

dont have tools and skills like that and I live in the eu anyone can make me a cabel?

Where?

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:07:50 AM

i bought these last time... been working fine so far... very helpful in arranging cubes for better ventilation...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-70CM-10-Pin-USBISP-USBASP-JTAG-AVR-Download-wire-10P-Ribbon-Cable-2-54mm-/310724098939?hash=item4858997b7b&_uhb=1

Where?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

you would not happen to know IF the old mercury/saturn/jupiter ribbon cables are the same? (yeah shorter but still) I have like 4 of these puppies
from the old KNC 550gh Jupiter I could use as a spare on my Titans. Just wondering if anyone knows off hand.

(my setup below. The KNC 550gh Jupiter is now being used as a 'gravity assist device' to keep the miner workbench down) Smiley

lostgonzo.imgur.com

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: