Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 [2097] 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 10:16:55 PM

How are people justifying the expense in this?  It sounds like we're back to being GPU hobbyists again, except this time with an even greater lack of understanding of what we're working with.  Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

But just for reference; Spending $100 USD on aftermarket fans will set your ROI back about 30 days.  Are people really considering water cooling?
It's fun?

I water cooled a Neptune on a lark, it actually works very well. I have thought about pulling a bunch of little heat sinks off some other things and making a mongo cooler, maybe I'll do that over the weekend. But water cooling a bank of Titans should work.

However to be honest that tower heat sink is not bad...

And now I'm really confused.  Is the bridgeboard a completely passive device?  You mean we could just build a cable to replace it entirely?
Amazing! One just showed up in the repair queue and I can look at it.

It's pretty much passive. Some LEDs tied most likely to GPIO ports, that's nice but not necessary and one shiny capacitor on there, probably for the 5 volt supply.  Yeah you could probably rig something together but those bridge boards are a much more elegant way to go.

The real rock and roll solution is to port the code to the beaglebone. So far I have the FPGA loading the titan firmware, powering up, and I think the stuff for the web site just needs a quick java fix. Annoying that the stock BB freaks out on reboot and overwrites all my hacks, I'll have to disable that.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:37:02 AM

Im sorry, I know you guys want this drama to quit ... hopefully it will but I just have to state something really quick. Something I realized today and find quite ironic.

Knowing that hes sending out emails to all customers and trying to push them to buy his fake version ... I find this situation funny. Hes NEVER put this much effort into selling my firmware, when we were partners he put little effort into marketing, at one point called it tedious and hated doing it, he made attempts to at first but never delivered on some things I requested of him .. in marketing realm.
>>> Fast forward to now , a month after he abandons the project... hes working harder than ever at marketing against me. Hes marketing broken code that could very well break peoples hardware. Ramming sales attempts down peoples throats ... all to just make a quick and shitty buck.

Vegasguy is working harder at stealing from me then he ever worked at marketing for me.

Also, ironic given this whole situation ... he always told me while we were partners: "I could care less about the money" ... obviously a blantant lie now proven.
You would rather steal from me, break peoples hardware and put so much effort into doing so.
If your a fucking millionaire ... why the fuck are you doing this to me and peoples machines?!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:33:01 AM

If you're a fucking millionaire ... why the fuck are you doing this to me and peoples machines?!

Because he's not a fucking millionaire.  One look at his posts on this forum should tell you that.  One look at his Ebay sales record (aside from your software) should tell you that.  Real money has better things to do than pressure people into nickel & dime scams.

IN OTHER NEWS, perhaps you and Lightfoot could work together on a Beaglebone Black port which would eliminate the stupid bridge board?

Also, what Titan owners could possibly have made back 2x -3x ROI?  The early Titans hardly even worked!

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 02:47:37 AM

Also, what Titan owners could possibly have made back 2x -3x ROI?  The early Titans hardly even worked!

Do the math using -365 days, -515 days, this is just from LTC mining, imagine mining other coins. Hardly even worked ---- 1st batch Titans hashes over 240 MH or more even with 1 dead dies in each cube (total 4 dead dies).

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:21:45 AM

Im sorry, I know you guys want this drama to quit ... hopefully it will but I just have to state something really quick. Something I realized today and find quite ironic.

Knowing that hes sending out emails to all customers and trying to push them to buy his fake version ... I find this situation funny. Hes NEVER put this much effort into selling my firmware, when we were partners he put little effort into marketing, at one point called it tedious and hated doing it, he made attempts to at first but never delivered on some things I requested of him .. in marketing realm.
>>> Fast forward to now , a month after he abandons the project... hes working harder than ever at marketing against me. Hes marketing broken code that could very well break peoples hardware. Ramming sales attempts down peoples throats ... all to just make a quick and shitty buck.

Vegasguy is working harder at stealing from me then he ever worked at marketing for me.

Also, ironic given this whole situation ... he always told me while we were partners: "I could care less about the money" ... obviously a blantant lie now proven.
You would rather steal from me, break peoples hardware and put so much effort into doing so.
If your a fucking millionaire ... why the fuck are you doing this to me and peoples machines?!

Its the principle. What you did to me was disgraceful, im still in disbelief. I worked with you EVERY DAY on this. I talked to you multiple times a day about this project, then when you decide you dont need me anymore you setup a secret website and then demand the clients info. Its ALL principle. People think your some kind of saint, and I did too. Maybe this is my fault. When I met you, you were never greedy , and were giving this software away for free. Now Ive shown you how much you can make and how, you now value money and greed over everything else. So maybe it is my fault for showing you whats possible. You were NEVER like this. I told you how hurt I was by you. I told you I was devistated. It was true. You never once asked why. Because you KNEW the reason. Im telling you how hurt I am that you have backstabbed me, and then you ask for the client emails!?!?!? What does THAT say about you??  Look at the chat log.  Ive never so betrayed by anyone in my entire life. I was nothing but good to you 100%, and for you to setup a secret website and then ask for the client emails, so you can keep all the profits, you should be ashamed of your self and embarrassed.

If it was you telling the story it would read like this:

Vegas left me, and is selling unfinished software. That is so far from the truth it isnt even funny.

The real truth: Ive been selling this software for months. The one that we worked on together EVERY SINGLE DAY. Everything was fine until you setup that secret website, then you wanted to drop me as soon as possible, but wait you need the client data , so you came and asked me for it.  Who is the scumbag now? THAT is what really happened. So suck it up, you stabbed ME in the back, and now you want to blame ME?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! You need to check your morals and ethics, you have changed a lot and NOT for the better.

The software has been running on my miners for weeks and flawless, its legally forked and is mine. You wanted me out of the picture to keep 100% of the profits, well , now you can, so what are you complaining about?

If this so called software you were giving me to test damages hardware, did you even ONCE warn me? Did you care? NO. If you say different prove it. You were having my expensive mining cubes test your software that damages hardware according to you, and never warned me even once. YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware. Now suddenly it breaks hardware, thats the first time youve EVER said those words. Your something else. People WILL find out the real you, the mask you wear will fall off, give it time.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:55:11 AM

hey GenTarkinWannabeGuy the only thing you added to the project was the video that you shamelessly promoted and never delivered on, so where's the video ??

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:03:48 AM

Now Gentarkin there is a way for me to remove all traces of my forked software and its this:

Admit on this thread, that you planned in secret to end our business relationship so you could keep all the profits. Admit you setup that secret website for the sole purpose of getting rid of me and setting up your own site, so you can keep all the profits and not as a "backup". Admit that we spoke MULTIPLE times every day, and I was a major part of this project and a major influence. Admit that I was 100% true to you and never wronged you when we were working together.

Do these things and be sincere and I will end the Ebay sales, and close the portion of my site selling the titan software.

Thats what this has been about the whole time. I feel back stabbed and betrayed, and I wanted you to feel just a portion of my pain.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:06:23 AM

hey GenTarkinWannabeGuy the only thing you added to the project was the video that you shamelessly promoted and never delivered on, so where's the video ??

Steve , you know nothing about nothing. All you have is hateful words. Trust me , if your as close to Gentarkin as you claim to be, its only a matter of time before he sells you out too.

I was the guy that brought this project to new heights , Genatarkin couldnt even dream of, and he sold me out for greed. What do you think he will do to you , that has no purpose other than being an obnoxious loudmouth?

Vegas

TXSteve

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:15:45 AM

Now Gentarkin there is a way for me to remove all traces of my forked software and its this:

Admit on this thread, that you planned in secret to end our business relationship so you could keep all the profits. Admit you setup that secret website for the sole purpose of getting rid of me and setting up your own site, so you can keep all the profits and not as a "backup". Admit that we spoke MULTIPLE times every day, and I was a major part of this project and a major influence. Admit that I was 100% true to you and never wronged you when we were working together.

Do these things and be sincere and I will end the Ebay sales, and close the portion of my site selling the titan software.

Thats what this has been about the whole time. I feel back stabbed and betrayed, and I wanted you to feel just a portion of my pain.

Vegas

admit that you lied about the video which you obviously had no intention of delivering
TXSteve

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:24:10 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 04:35:38 AM by TXSteve

Steve , you know nothing about nothing. All you have is hateful words. Trust me , if your as close to Gentarkin as you claim to be, its only a matter of time before he sells you out too.

I was the guy that brought this project to new heights , Genatarkin couldnt even dream of, and he sold me out for greed. What do you think he will do to you , that has no purpose other than being an obnoxious loudmouth?

Vegas

rofl, and you're a pompous bloviating fool -- did I claim to be close?

I am beta testing the software, volunteering for no monetary gain, how can he sell me out??  there is only one sellout here and it's you
qberty

Activity: 405

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:41:20 AM

If you guys could confirm a sale of at least 50 bridge boards, I can bulk produce it pretty quick for cheaper than I was selling them for.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:23:29 AM

Its the principle. What you did to me was disgraceful, im still in disbelief. I worked with you EVERY DAY on this. I talked to you multiple times a day about this project, then when you decide you dont need me anymore you setup a secret website and then demand the clients info. Its ALL principle. People think your some kind of saint, and I did too. Maybe this is my fault. When I met you, you were never greedy , and were giving this software away for free. Now Ive shown you how much you can make and how, you now value money and greed over everything else. So maybe it is my fault for showing you whats possible. You were NEVER like this. I told you how hurt I was by you. I told you I was devistated. It was true. You never once asked why. Because you KNEW the reason. Im telling you how hurt I am that you have backstabbed me, and then you ask for the client emails!?!?!? What does THAT say about you??  Look at the chat log.  Ive never so betrayed by anyone in my entire life. I was nothing but good to you 100%, and for you to setup a secret website and then ask for the client emails, so you can keep all the profits, you should be ashamed of your self and embarrassed.

If it was you telling the story it would read like this:

Vegas left me, and is selling unfinished software. That is so far from the truth it isnt even funny.

The real truth: Ive been selling this software for months. The one that we worked on together EVERY SINGLE DAY. Everything was fine until you setup that secret website, then you wanted to drop me as soon as possible, but wait you need the client data , so you came and asked me for it.  Who is the scumbag now? THAT is what really happened. So suck it up, you stabbed ME in the back, and now you want to blame ME?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! You need to check your morals and ethics, you have changed a lot and NOT for the better.

The software has been running on my miners for weeks and flawless, its legally forked and is mine. You wanted me out of the picture to keep 100% of the profits, well , now you can, so what are you complaining about?

If this so called software you were giving me to test damages hardware, did you even ONCE warn me? Did you care? NO. If you say different prove it. You were having my expensive mining cubes test your software that damages hardware according to you, and never warned me even once. YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware. Now suddenly it breaks hardware, thats the first time youve EVER said those words. Your something else. People WILL find out the real you, the mask you wear will fall off, give it time.

Vegas

Vegas
OK OK OK, I will admit to one thing and one thing only, because its the ONLY THING youve said that rings anywhere NEAR the truth. That is, that a one point we were speaking nearly daily.
For the rest of what you ask, I will not admit. I cant admit to something I didnt do.

Sure, I set up a secret website ... reasons have ALREADY been talked about several times and even several times I mention in the FULL CHAT LOGS posted.
What matters, and what it comes down to.... no matter how much you feel "betrayed or backstabbed" ... I did nothing of the sort. I OFFERED YOU RELEVANT ACCESS TO MY NEW SITE. I OFFERED THE SAME PROFIT SPLITTING. I OFFERED EVERY POWER YOU ALREADY HAD ... except that on my site, those powers would be SHARED with me. (Tell me, how is that betrayal or backstabbing?!) YOU EAGERLY DECLINED AND VANISHED! Taking off with what should have been shared from the beginning - the customer db. I have a right to know who my customers are. This is my project for crying out loud! I should know anything I want to about it!

Even if I did admit to your false accusations, sure ... you may remove ur ebay ad & firmware page on ur site .... then you would have ur laugh and bring it right back up. When u left, according to the chat logs you said u would leave and shut everything down ... OH LOOK YOU HAVENT! ... you are really a man of your word!

And you know, another thing I have to correct about your initial post on the last page. You keep saying & thinking I never implemented any of your ideas, you said that like 3 or 4 times in that post alone. You need to get your facts straight ... I implemented a decent number of them while we were working together, I even listed them out and you agreed at one point. But to this day you accuse me of being so closed minded and never implementing anything you suggested.

Honestly, someone who comes into a project and has a "true helping heart" - doesnt become so obsessed about the sales - that when asked to share that control & responsibility over sales - doesnt just run off and start stealing everything my brain has been working hard at for like over half a year.

Your version of that "true helping heart" is ... become part of a project - offer "help" - gain control of sales - doesnt share anything when asked(sale responsbility & customer data) - abandons project when no longer can control original project - starts stealing out of pure spite.

Lastly, theres no way you have a fork of my code. You never had access to my private repo. All you *may* have is a new repo you created based off my code.
oh and ... LOL! ... dude
"If this so called software you were giving me to test damages hardware, did you even ONCE warn me? Did you care? NO. If you say different prove it. You were having my expensive mining cubes test your software that damages hardware according to you, and never warned me even once. YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware. Now suddenly it breaks hardware, thats the first time youve EVER said those words."
- The warning about risk to hardware is on the freaking webgui ... has been since day one.

But in all seriousness, as with any code... a lot of bug squishing(what I did w/ you for months) is finding out why something took an unexpected turn and take action to correct it.... well guess what, many of those moments have crept up since your version of the test code. Hence why it can be a higher risk to run on hardware.
On a more serious note ...
"YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware"
is completely and absolutely 100% FALSE  -- as with the rest of your lies.

Seriously ... go to your flycoin and other of your many coins youve made tens of thousands on.   Leave my pennies to me!
Just leave in peace.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Mattzees

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:42:32 AM

Do the math using -365 days, -515 days, this is just from LTC mining, imagine mining other coins. Hardly even worked ---- 1st batch Titans hashes over 240 MH or more even with 1 dead dies in each cube (total 4 dead dies).

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

Yeah, but that's assuming the software was any good.  My Titan had to be manually restarted every hour or so for the first few firmware revisions.  Then there were the RMAs which took 4-6 weeks each.  I'm not even close to 1x ROI on my rig.
Mattzees

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:55:46 AM

And you know, another thing I have to correct about your initial post on the last page. You keep saying & thinking I never implemented any of your ideas, you said that like 3 or 4 times in that post alone. You need to get your facts straight ... I implemented a decent number of them while we were working together, I even listed them out and you agreed at one point. But to this day you accuse me of being so closed minded and never implementing anything you suggested.

GenTarkin, you don't need to defend yourself against VegasParasite. Any time spent on him is time wasted.  He'll never do what he says.

The above quote begs the question; Is there any code that he wrote in your firmware at all?  If so, has it been audited?  I wouldn't trust anything written by VegasCrybaby.  I suspect that he never contributed a single line of code, but just in case he did, it should be removed.  I would never knowingly run any code that was written by VegasThief.

IN OTHER NEWS, a port to Beaglebone or the newer RasPi would further distance your current firmware from the stuff VegasDouche is selling.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:32:38 AM

GenTarkin, you don't need to defend yourself against VegasParasite. Any time spent on him is time wasted.  He'll never do what he says.

The above quote begs the question; Is there any code that he wrote in your firmware at all?  If so, has it been audited?  I wouldn't trust anything written by VegasCrybaby.  I suspect that he never contributed a single line of code, but just in case he did, it should be removed.  I would never knowingly run any code that was written by VegasThief.

IN OTHER NEWS, a port to Beaglebone or the newer RasPi would further distance your current firmware from the stuff VegasDouche is selling.

Nope, he never wrote a single line of code. I just implemented some of his ideas. 
There was a proposed webgui change which he did design or had outsourced. Thats the webgui hes using on the version hes selling. None of that webgui is in my soon to be released version.

I have no physical access to my miner, so testing on a different host controller PC is beyond my control. My coding has been 100% written in remote sessions to my miner rofl!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:28:36 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 10:41:16 AM by Searing

You can buy replacement heatsink holddown parts directly from coolermaster....

If it fits an Intel 1155 socket heatsink pattern it will fit.
It uses a 75mm x 75mm square hole pattern.
Other PC heatsink manufacturers have similar replacement items.
There are also many flavors of waterblock mounting hardware that could be pressed into service.
The hole pattern is an industry standard.

How are people justifying the expense in this?  It sounds like we're back to being GPU hobbyists again, except this time with an even greater lack of understanding of what we're working with.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

But just for reference; Spending $100 USD on aftermarket fans will set your ROI back about 30 days.  Are people really considering water cooling?

If the 'bridgeboard' is only made with traces and connectors(no extra parts on the PCB),
then you can construct a ratsnest with the following...

And now I'm really confused.  Is the bridgeboard a completely passive device?  You mean we could just build a cable to replace it entirely?

It is starting to look that way Smiley ie knc being fast cheap and lazy may be to our advantage

i too got a clone board ...titan that is...daughterboard ...I sent a pic of my KNC 550gh old style 4 port Oct Jupiter board (has bbb on it now) from back in the day
Lightfood said it will work (the 4 port 2013 version) with the daughterboard on the titan to make a new controller

so will attempt that

was JUST gonna get on and ask about direct cable...if i had another ANY I MEAN ANY seems to be the case from 2013 1st one till NOW KNC 2013 Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury/Neptune ribbon port cards  THEY SEEM to be able to be used in the manner above (with daughter board) to make a Titan controller..

So again I will try that (this may end badly) IF as lightfoot and others think the titan clone board I have will do so

IF IT WORKS (again have the clone daugherboard titan...got the proper pi here...got the old jupiter board I can yank out..got the firmware/new SD card)

I will post here then my next project (or someone) would be to
 FIND another old knc ribbon port board (any) and try the cable arrangement above (not sure if you have to trace lines or just go from pin the pi plugs into to the pin on the 8 port board...others) and do the spaghetti version.....it would be ugly ..but damn would be a lot of 1 cube titan toys flying about imho Smiley

my current 'guess is' that this WOULD WORK ...again due to my somewhat 'demented' theory that all NEPTUNE and TITAN port boards are the JUPITER controllers yank'd out of their data hall when they tossed out the Jupiter units and (remember the 4  month delay for Neptune they then  ...filled data halls with such first) and same for Titans (4 month delay for same) ...used parts baby .....but again my 'evil' conspiracy theory

I have a line on a 6 port Saturn board from 2013 i could use for this or others could contact the clone bridge folk and get the schematics of that made for the cloning and trace it that way...and just skip the titan daughter board completely...ask Qberty for the schematics maybe (sp?) but someone has to have an old jupiter about and a pi B+ 512mb ...that is all you need for the cable try...if the GUI comes up as Titan (no cubes) and/or you have a Titan or Neppie LCD saying same would be a big 'looks good' that putting a titan cube on would work...or how I plan to approach this .....LCD look GUI look ....if all seems cool to the touch no issues i may (heart in hand) then put a titan cube on my 'creation' (evil laugh burahahaha) er I digress

someone may beat me too this ..I am 12 days on work with 2 days off..so feel free to try this...I'll get to it as soon as I possibly can in that I have everything

well hell maybe being cheap and lazy with hardware will help these units plunk along longer..much like the firmware (knc going the the motions ...lame ass way to go...but hey evil works)

also have to do the old repaste a cube/heatsinks/new fan and the plate mod/cut down ...busy busy IF I GET my 2 days off here this weekend?

( I just know that KNC has boxes of this crap just sitting around someplace we need a swedish spy....I mean ....sheesh) Smiley

Next goal ...some whale needs to show me the quick and easy hack/parts etc to 'water cool' these Titan cubes (yeah baby) at 13.7c kwh summer is coming...if LTC can pop in price and btc with halving causes such...and I can limp into end of year and winter.....i could squeak by another year of over elec mining maybe in some manner...i'm heating my house this winter with them no reason to stop next winter (reduced elec winter heating rate from 13.7c kwh to 0.966c kwh).....heh and the 45 buck a month off my 12 month gas budget is nice too!

650 btc at 0.008 ltc to btc is 5.20 ltc Smiley could have a shot....if they hang together that long

I suppose it makes sense all KNC equip is EVIL .thus like demons that they are...they can't expire. ...just keep going and going....evil work is never don't don't ya know Smiley

(fun stuff and yeah I need a life)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mattzees

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:30:43 PM

my current 'guess is' that this WOULD WORK ...again due to my somewhat 'demented' theory that all NEPTUNE and TITAN port boards are the JUPITER controllers yank'd out of their data hall when they tossed out the Jupiter units and (remember the 4  month delay for Neptune they then  ...filled data halls with such first) and same for Titans (4 month delay for same) ...used parts baby .....but again my 'evil' conspiracy theory

This is not a demented or evil theory.  KNC had to be doing something different in their data halls than we were told to do in our homes.  There is no way that they were powering and controlling their Titan rigs the same way we are.

Even just from a power standpoint, how did they power them?  The dreaded factory Y-cables were thrown together at the last minute and delivered two months late.  I doubt they were using those in their data halls.  I've always suspected the rigs in KNC's data halls are run differently than our rigs.

TXSteve

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:17:52 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 03:34:43 PM by TXSteve

This is not a demented or evil theory.  KNC had to be doing something different in their data halls than we were told to do in our homes.  There is no way that they were powering and controlling their Titan rigs the same way we are.

Even just from a power standpoint, how did they power them?  The dreaded factory Y-cables were thrown together at the last minute and delivered two months late.  I doubt they were using those in their data halls.  I've always suspected the rigs in KNC's data halls are run differently than our rigs.

I think it's interesting that the Y-connector wasn't even KNC idea. They were having all these power issues, pci connectors burning up, newer psu circuit breakers were being tripped, people complaining etc. Then someone in the forum suggested using a y-connector to split the power between 2 cables. They had a "wow, why didn't I think of that moment?" and then quickly jumped on the idea and ordered y-connectors for all the titans AND older Neptunes. It was thrown together at the last minute and the connectors had to be fabricated because it wasn't an off the shelf part. It didn't totally alleviate the problems but made them a lot more manageable.

btw, I don't think they ever had the titans in the data halls

The btc rigs in the data hall were probably powered by 220v psu, as most of Europe is on the more efficient 220v.  
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:52:50 AM

This is not a demented or evil theory.  KNC had to be doing something different in their data halls than we were told to do in our homes.  There is no way that they were powering and controlling their Titan rigs the same way we are.

Even just from a power standpoint, how did they power them?  The dreaded factory Y-cables were thrown together at the last minute and delivered two months late.  I doubt they were using those in their data halls.  I've always suspected the rigs in KNC's data halls are run differently than our rigs.

i agree.....I was probably unclear

what I meant was ALL the Jupiter 4/6 port 2013 boards in their data hall were used on neppies and titans imho ..why make when you can 'recycle' them ....in that they work with a bridge for the pi on the titan etc....so 4 month delay.....swapping out Jupiter cubes for neppie cubes....in the data hall ...then the remaining Jupiters are replaced after the neppie owners get their units 4 months late (with prob some above boards) same for titans

all the Jupiter 'extra' controller boards from the data halls recycled upward in some manner

brilliant on their part

but yeah i take your point on the titans ..they were NOT PUBLICLY ever in a data hall...privately I bet the folk at knc have thou

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mattzees

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:23:22 PM

what I meant was ALL the Jupiter 4/6 port 2013 boards in their data hall were used on neppies and titans imho ..why make when you can 'recycle' them ....in that they work with a bridge for the pi on the titan etc....so 4 month delay.....swapping out Jupiter cubes for neppie cubes....in the data hall ...then the remaining Jupiters are replaced after the neppie owners get their units 4 months late (with prob some above boards) same for titans

Wow.  Searing isn't so dumb.  Why does everyone say that about him?   Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 [2097] 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: