Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 [2100] 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:30:35 AM

Pictures of board:

HOLY SHIT those 2 dies got way way way to fucking hot. Most likely fried the package substrate or something along those lines.
If its not working, that would be why.

I really wish KNC would have designed the dies with ondie thermistors. So we knew what the fuck the actual temps of the dies are...
Design of the cubes is terrible starting from screws holding everything.
I guess when I put it back thermal paste wasnt spread properly. dont have luck with titans and ebay. Cant wait for A4 miners

Yeah I have 1 cube with only 1 die that works coming (30 ltc). I got it to see if I could get that 'clone titan bridge' I got as a just in case (only 7 were available not sure
if any now) working as 'Frankenstein" titan board with the LCD from the 6 port I have laying about and the Jupiter 550gh oct 2013 4 port board...folk say it should work
Sometime the end of the week I'll try to get this to work. (or lond bang) Smiley
(must also dig out the 'Voodoo for Dummies' book and buy a 5 gallon pail of Chicken Entrails....knc devices require much work of the 'dark forces' Smiley

so we will see if it works with a 4 port Jupiter board and the proper pi and the firmware for a titan...if nothing else i may get BANG for my buck ....literally Smiley

The first step is get it all together and if the LCD comes up as Titan and the GUI comes up with Titan stuff but no cubes...(and no burning smell or smoke)
I guess then the 1 die cube will be ready for this unholy sacrifice.....

IF that works. I will next as a project delve into the 1 die only working titan cube.  (it has been mod'd already) I probably will re-paste it again and whatever other tweaks I may yet be able to do ..just to practice on something for the cubes that have 1 dead die or fading dies ......must have the proper 'subjects' for my experiments (bharahahahah cough) evil laugh sucks

anyway....we also with *no balls* may eventually creep up on these things and metaphorically 'wack them with a stick' to get them working..if not well
always the pleasure of blowing something up 'stylishly" Smiley

(man I need a life.....sheesh) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:08:15 AM

This is for Neptune users. (I don't have a Neptune). It is in German on Ebay and no idea how 'legit' it may or may not be.

But they are stating a 'firmware' upgrade for Neptunes. Just tripped over it thought It MAY (or may not) be of some note.

I've no idea. But I suppose Neptune folks can at least message the guy and see if it is 'maybe' legit or not?

for what it may or may not be worth below is the link. You will need google translate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Neptune-custom-Firmware-Zwilla-mod-1-x-Lizenz-Paket-/322001648880?hash=item4af8cb3cf0:g:Q1sAAOSwZVhWRFX7

Hope it amounts to some use for you Neptune folk. Smiley Myself no clue only have Titans Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:45:53 PM

Any pointers on repairing burnt power connectors on cubes ?

Here is the best, quickest, and easiest way to deal with a burnt connection in my opinion. It also allows about 3/16in additional contact between the power connector and the pins. Sorry its a bit of a hack. and you must absolutely be sure to put the connector on clip side up, ground wires up since the will not be a receiver connector on the board anymore.

The burnt connector will be brittle, and easy to break up with a pair of side cutters. Do it in small pieces until just the very bottom is left. Then pry up gently with a screwdriver to dislodge the 2 plastic retainers and it will slide right off. Then take a piece of 220 grit sand paper to clean up the pins. Clean everything up and carefully push the power connector on the bare pins while using a flashlight to make sure its on right. It will now go further on the pins making a better connection.  

Thanks! Very good hack indeed
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:01:56 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 11:30:23 PM by The Avenger

"CSI Boden: Murder in the Datorhall"

Don't worry, Dickhead Coleuso is on the case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:19:09 PM

strange because I got this from my lawyer "Finally, the date for the main hearing is set to 16, 17 and 18 (half day) Mars 2016."
Are you suing KnC as an individual or did you join a class action group?
Which lawyer are you dealing with if I may ask?

It'd be great if you can post an update after the hearing.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:57:30 PM

Pictures of board:

Yeah, of course the 12v aint going directly to the dies =P ... the DCDC's convert the 12v to .7v for the dies(chips as u call them).
I was thinking about this as a new Neptune repair came in. Same basic problem (shorts power supply everything looks ok) and it took me a few mins to figure out the problem:

Basically there *CAN BE* and sort of *IS* 12 volts to the die. The power supplies are switching supplies, which means they turn the high side FETs on for a short time, then the low side FETs on for a longer time to put a brief spike of 12v that is immediately brought back down to zero. The average is filtered through the choke (the big hot thing) to make a nice constant output voltage of .7 or whatever.

However those high side FETs switch a lot of current very quickly. If they overheat then they cur through and short. Now when a FET shorts the PN junction becomes a 0 ohm resistive path quickly. Which applies the full 12 volt rail to the chip die. Which either shorts the 12v supply or incinerates things quickly.

My guess is this is what happened to Wolverine's board. I can find these shorts and clear them, but the die is probably toast (like this Neptune, die is dead shorted). Wolverine if you would like I can take a look at the board and see if I can clear it. No guarantees, but I can probably get 50%-75% of the board working again which is still nice for a Titan.
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:09:26 PM

cool. will send it to you. hopefully you can resurrect it

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:46:10 PM

is $2800  - $300 a good buy for a titan that hashes at  340 mh/s ?   
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:48:35 AM

is $2800  - $300 a good buy for a titan that hashes at  340 mh/s ?   

7-9 months  ROI , if you have free electricity.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:07:37 PM

Good news from Sweden! kfc have let go of 1/5 of their staff  Cheesy
http://swedishstartupspace.com/2016/02/16/bitcoin-startup-knc-miner-downsizes-a-fifth-of-its-workforce/

Seems some chinese firm invested multi-millions in equipment and kfc are now very small time players.

So much for their dream to control 40% of the BTC network   Grin Cheesy Cool

But it's not enough! I want this to be a reality asap

Your updates on the process of suing these crooks welcome here  Smiley

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:59:02 AM

Anybody on here have like 2 or more KNC Y adapters laying about they want to sell me. I ONLY want unused ones.

I discovered that my current ones (15 months) a couple had issues. No browning or anything, but the replacements I had that were unused

were quite a bit 'snugger' then the old ones I replaced. So anyway some kinda 'degradation'. So anyway I know a lof of folk got the longer

Y cables made direct to stack their cubes 3 high ...so if anyone has a new set of 4 as a result .let me know what you need for the price.

Again they have to be UNUSED for me to be interested. Perhaps I'm parinoid...but again we are dealing with 'evil' knc machines don't ya know.

thanks

wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:42:36 PM

what thermal paste for heatsink you guys recommend for titan?

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:07:05 PM

what thermal paste for heatsink you guys recommend for titan?

AS5 is generally a good one =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

But it's not enough! I want this to be a reality asap

Your updates on the process of suing these crooks welcome here  Smiley

If BFL got away with their whole bullshit and with a boss who was already convicted well I think that Markus and Sam will be just fine. Sadly!

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:39:27 AM

perhaps it would be more fitting if they were human centipede-d into a circle so they might spend eternity swallowing nothing but each others' shit... perhaps
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:29:54 AM

Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:31:06 PM

Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.

Went looking for the code today to see how you are satisfying GPL licensing requirements but don't see anything in the repo aside from a README, how are you making the source available these days?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:23:34 PM

Went looking for the code today to see how you are satisfying GPL licensing requirements but don't see anything in the repo aside from a README, how are you making the source available these days?

Well, there is no GPL licensed code in my installation file, so I dont have to make the source available for my mod if I dont want to. All of the code in my installation file is licensed under MIT which is KNC's license of choosing for their overall project. Furthermore, my changes to KNC's original code is sublicensed under my own modified BSD license w/ nonfree restrictions.
Ive trimmed out all the files I dont use. The upgrade installation file shrank significantly from 20MB or so, down to 3.2MB.

faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

perhaps it would be more fitting if they were human centipede-d into a circle so they might spend eternity swallowing nothing but each others' shit... perhaps
+1 to that. Looks like their dream isn't working out.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:27:37 AM

And on a non-related note, I just figured out how to fix a Titan cube with 2 dead dies to hash at full speed.

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot
Pages: « 1 ... 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 [2100] 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: