Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 03:43:41 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3029572 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:04:38 PM

@Merv77:
When you get your Neptune refund (in $), new Jupiters will be sold out (almost 100% if Knc announces today and starts selling tomorrow).
Do you want to do that?

Cheers,

.... Only a question of liquidity - Cash flow management is not a higher art....  Wink

I think KnC will exactly face that problem - The second they offer Jupiters (which I doubt they will do) - they are going to face significant amount of Neptune refund requests. At least me - I would dump all my "somewhen" in Q1/Q2 Neptunes for "in-hand" Jupiters.

Jupiter is a proven product - Neptune not.
"From stock" means you won't have time.... good luck with that.

Old seasoned perma online grabber here - my Neptune order is close to yours (5-6 positions behind - wanted to pay with paypal mee - didnt work) - fast like a rabbit Wink
I have no doubt on your ability friend...hehe
International bank transfers take time, and KNC actually getting to your refund request to process it takes much longer.
In which case, you can be Speedy Gonzalez, and have no effect..... other than missing the boat altogether!
(Some refund requests are weeks old right now)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
de_ixie

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:07:26 PM

@Merv77:
When you get your Neptune refund (in $), new Jupiters will be sold out (almost 100% if Knc announces today and starts selling tomorrow).
Do you want to do that?

Cheers,

.... Only a question of liquidity - Cash flow management is not a higher art....  Wink

I think KnC will exactly face that problem - The second they offer Jupiters (which I doubt they will do) - they are going to face significant amount of Neptune refund requests. At least me - I would dump all my "somewhen" in Q1/Q2 Neptunes for "in-hand" Jupiters.

Old seasoned perma online grabber here - my Neptune order is close to yours (5-6 positions behind - wanted to pay with paypal mee - didnt work) - fast like a rabbit Wink
International bank transfers take time, and getting to your refund request takes much longer.
In which case, you can be Speedy Gonzalez, and have no effect..... other than missing the boat altogether!

See edit above. You are right. Stay liquid. Doesnt matter how you do it. Just stay liquid an be prepared Wink

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

@Merv77:
Do you want to do that?

Cheers,

International bank transfers take time, and getting to your refund request takes much longer.

See edit above. You are right. Stay liquid. Doesnt matter how you do it. Just stay liquid an be prepared Wink

I agree. I'm about half in cash / half in BTC at the moment. I have a coinbase account with 'instant' purchase ability of up to 10 btc (usually takes about 15 minutes to actually transfer) and I'm hoping to have more than 15 minutes warning before the Jupiter sale actually opens.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:02:36 PM

I paid for my Neptune after btc was well over $1000 on MtGox but then felt I got ripped off by Bitpay.  

Later I discovered that MtGox is no longer the most reliable standard for btc price in that due to failure to be accepted by US banks and its inability to easily facilitate movement of dollars back into US banks, a higher purchase and sale price results on the MtGox exchange.  

I considered that the US banks' trenchant stance was due to MtGox practice of calling a halt to trading when a sharp fall in price was allowing a speculative ripoff and general devaluation of btc as the NY stock exchange will call a halt to trading or at least computer trading when the same happens.  Recall the late fall buildup to $1000 then sharp drop the day before US Senate hearings on bitcoin.  I felt that was a deliberate effort to destabilize bitcoin by US banks. The other exchanges allowed the April/May price fall/crash without any attempt to impede the fall.  

So, that is likely the reason MtGox finds it more difficult to become accepted by US banks.  MtGox tries to protect Bitcoin.

There is another possible reason that I'll mention just for the sake of argument.  A class in economics many years ago mentioned a critical difference between the Japanese stock market and the US stock exchange.  In Japan it is customary and expected that business owners inform other business owners of events that are going to effect their company's stock value - this without making the information known to the public.  In effect it is institutionalized insider trading.  Now I'm not saying that the no-insider-trading laws and regulations are all that respected in this country but regardless if the laws are ignored by insiders, the laws can be argued to the US regulators as reason that the Japanese bank MtGox cannot be allowed to do business as others can.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
de_ixie

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:08:53 PM

@Merv77:
Do you want to do that?

Cheers,

I agree. I'm about half in cash / half in BTC at the moment. I have a coinbase account with 'instant' purchase ability of up to 10 btc (usually takes about 15 minutes to actually transfer) and I'm hoping to have more than 15 minutes warning before the Jupiter sale actually opens.

This is basically the best strategy for all situations - still, you need a lot of cash to follow it

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Check out the network hashrate. We're looking at another 25% increase in 5 days!  Shocked

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Knc, Hashfast, and Cointerra aren't even shipping at the moment.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:20:44 PM

Check out the network hashrate. We're looking at another 25% increase in 5 days!  Shocked

I really thought this was going to be a sub-20% adjustment after seeing HashFast fail so incredibly hard. I hope KnC classifies anyone adding to the hashrate as 'competitors' and not just other mining rig sellers.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
dplusf

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

KnC isnt shipping. But who said that KnC isnt producing? I am 99% sure that just in this moment jupiters are build and mining for KnC themself.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:12:40 PM

KnC isnt shipping. But who said that KnC isnt producing? I am 99% sure that just in this moment jupiters are build and mining for KnC themself.

Given the network protection statement, if they are presently building and testing Jupiters the test period would be very short, like with our October miners that were shipped without having generated a single share - the test period was very short.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
fubly

Activity: 534

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:37:54 PM

Huh Huh Huh
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:46:05 PM

Any jup owners on v2.srv.eligius.st:12234 might need to change back to stratum for a while v2 seems to be down
lemonte

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Talking of reseller accounts, does anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can sell?

CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:14:45 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Talking of reseller accounts, does anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can sell?

Yes, 585385 Neptunes only.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
lemonte

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:18:36 PM

Grin

Cypher, you know about electricity, how many Neptunes do you think I can run off a warehouse with 3 phase?

Thanks

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:29:25 PM

Speaking of reseller links, feel free to use mine lol. Nobody has so far. In one sense, i can't blame them if they're going to order like 10 or 50 themselves using their own referral code. Was hoping the folks buying individual units would use it. Eventual goal is to provide a good portion of the profits to charities which accept BTC directly, as well as others. If I ever get traction on it, I'll throw up a thread detailing it.

Community giving back to community.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:35:29 PM

Grin

Cypher, you know about electricity, how many Neptunes do you think I can run off a warehouse with 3 phase?

Thanks

I have three phase power as well, just saying 3 phase doesn't change things. You have a current limit to your power feed, so what is your main service rated for? I have 600 A. Then there is the different styles of 3 phase, so that changes what you have available at your panels. If you have that power, and don't know how to use it, you really want to have an electrician wire things up for you (quick death!)

You probably have a BIG panel, with a lot of breakers. Each breaker connects a wire to a plug to one of the legs. You'll mostly use standard single phase 240 to run your power supplies as I do, which is any combination of two legs. Since we don't even know the power requirements of the neptune right now, it's not really possible to know a total.  When I was planning, I would guess 3000W each, so I'd be running two neptunes to each 30A 240 breaker, for a MAXIMUM of 40 neptunes. That leaves some overhead, and room for my other equipment. Not that I have 40 neptunes unless people want me to host a bunch of them Smiley
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:41:24 PM

Grin

Thanks

are there any PSU that you can buy that run on 3 phase power?  I don't think so and never seen one myself
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Grin

Thanks

are there any PSU that you can buy that run on 3 phase power?  I don't think so and never seen one myself

Yes, but they are big server power supplies 4000-6000w etc. I was going to get some, but I went with single phase 240 server power supplies at a significantly lower price.
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:45:50 PM

Huh Huh Huh

isn't this cheating, no?

if you clicked someones reseller link then that link served it's purpose.. isn't that the idea of a reseller link that someone clicks?

I never asked KNC to change my Neptune to my reseller link.. it simply does make sense.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

Grin

Thanks

are there any PSU that you can buy that run on 3 phase power?  I don't think so and never seen one myself

You'll get >220VAC from L1-L2 or L2-L3 or L1-L3.  No real advantage to using 3 phases at one time I suppose unless you're running some kind of tremendous brushless motor.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.