Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:01:01 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 05:03:10 PM by Phoenix1969

Holding on to the hope or dream they are going to stop manufacturing for your benefit is silly...  They're not in this to lose.
and yeah, the diff-rise is no secret... so I totally don't know what the point is....
other than... "hurry up and deliver..."  ?

Wholly agree, this is what I've been saying. Just commenting that KNC has been downplaying any asic manufacturer and diff rise in correspondence to people over the past 90 days, saying it basically didn't exist. Another example of their clear shift toward OEM-based focus, not wanting to deal directly with customers.
oh...   I agree too
but can you blame them... with this crew?   hehe
I think they may be tired of the wolves...  anything must be better than 3000 whiners... myself included...lol

Coindesk can't even seem to get the info right, even after an interview....   on them....
of course... I suspect some of their misinformation may be intentional.
I whole-heatedly believe Coindesk is using their news page/site to manipulate the market, as it's nearly the only place to get BTC news.
It makes me wonder if the editor is "on the take"   VERY suspicious.
Matching major articles with corresponding large trades just prior to release of articles reveals that there's certainly someone or a small group of individuals conducting heavy trades just prior to major news releases on the site. It happens every time.
I also noticed they didn't bother to remove Gox from the index until after the damage was done, when they themselves knew days in advance about non-compliance, spearheading the Gox BTC withdrawal issue with a poll. Damned obvious if you ask me. I keep Coindesk on constant refresh now, myself knowing they are the leading market manipulators, weather they do it knowingly, or not.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:08:00 PM

I had someone that is working bulk orders with KNC tell me that Sam Cole himself told him that the hashrate will flatten until they are shipping Neptunes as no one will be introducing significant hashrate into the network.. What is worse is this person didn't understand that the network hashrate isn't a secret as the difficulty is tied to it..

It's on track for another 20% at the next turn and has been doing 20%+ for a while, not sure how KNC can say anything like that as it's showing no signs of slowing down.

I've been waiting 4 months for this promised "levelling off" to occur.

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

Difficulty in Oct: 250M
Difficulty in Feb: 2600M

10x increase! Anybody claiming the difficulty is going to level off in the next few months is an idiot.

Buy & Hold
yelloyello

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:10:33 PM

KnC Enters Cloud Mining Services

The new data center marks KnC’s entry into cloud mining services. It’s the latest in a series of bitcoin companies to announce the establishment of multi-megawatt data centers for Bitcoin mining – the term for using data-crunching computers to earn newly-issued virtually currency. Like hyperscale computing companies such as Facebook, Bitcoin companies are chasing cheap power to improve the profitability of running their power-hungry rigs.

“We searched all over the world for a suitable place to build the first of many of our own mega data centers, and to find the best location lying right here in our home country is fantastic,” said Sam Cole, one of the co-founders at KnC Miner. “Our highly advanced technology consumes a lot of energy, so for us it was imminent to find a production site with access to renewable yet stable and safe energy. We have had an incredible amount of support from The Node Pole representatives, local companies and the government here in Boden.”

The Node Pole initiative seeks to market Sweden as a destination for data center development, leveraging the region’s abundance of stable and competitively priced electricity from renewable energy.

KnC Miner started construction last week, but expects it to be fully operational already within the next few months. Representatives of the Node Pole said that KnC is “already in discussions with local authorities regarding the establishment of even larger facilities in the local area already later this spring.”

source:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/02/06/bitcoin-miners-building-10-megawatt-data-center-sweden/

-- so they are not really busy building our miners.....  They are working in a formal helicopter hangar for their own business.
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:12:43 PM

* They maintained for the duration of the NPS window, that no competitors were shipping hashrate.

Just before the infamous newsletter I asked them about upgrade modules because obviously competitors were shipping, this was the reply:

From KNC:
"We are aware that some our competitors have started shipping. We will be releasing new products for our previous customers very shortly.
A newsletter will be released in the coming week."

Kind of goes against the maintaining that no competitors were shipping.....

I got $20 that says that news doesn't come in the coming week or month.

I suspect that there will be news within a month of your post. I just can't see that many will be happy with it.

If it's true that KNC is the largest block of machines on the market, I cannot help but think that it was predictable what the last news caused (refunds) and that it would cause a drop in BTC value.

Now would be the time to sell module upgrades of course... and for obvious reasons now that BTC value is low.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:16:58 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 04:46:43 PM by Phoenix1969

* They maintained for the duration of the NPS window, that no competitors were shipping hashrate.

Just before the infamous newsletter I asked them about upgrade modules because obviously competitors were shipping, this was the reply:

From KNC:
"We are aware that some our competitors have started shipping. We will be releasing new products for our previous customers very shortly.
A newsletter will be released in the coming week."

Kind of goes against the maintaining that no competitors were shipping.....

I got $20 that says that news doesn't come in the coming week or month.

I suspect that there will be news within a month of your post. I just can't see that many will be happy with it.

If it's true that KNC is the largest block of machines on the market, I cannot help but think that it was predictable what the last news caused (refunds) and that it would cause a drop in BTC value.

Now would be the time to sell module upgrades of course... and for obvious reasons now that BTC value is low.

I do see modules being offered at this juncture... (edited, yes) even tho it's just too late to be cost-effective for either KNC or the customer.
If they kept the price just high enough to take a small profit, it would be far over the current competitions $/Gh/s   imho... and a hard sale.
If they do, it would be just to fulfill a promise to customers, then just use the unsold ones on the farm... hehe

and no, they don't collect or accept BTC from equipment sales... they use BitPay, and receive cash in their bank account, which is why refunds are given in fiat to your bank. That argument has long since been "hashed-out" in here.  Wink

BTW.....
Happy page 1500 KNC

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:29:22 PM

I had someone that is working bulk orders with KNC tell me that Sam Cole himself told him that the hashrate will flatten until they are shipping Neptunes as no one will be introducing significant hashrate into the network.. What is worse is this person didn't understand that the network hashrate isn't a secret as the difficulty is tied to it..

It's on track for another 20% at the next turn and has been doing 20%+ for a while, not sure how KNC can say anything like that as it's showing no signs of slowing down.

I've been waiting 4 months for this promised "levelling off" to occur.

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

Difficulty in Oct: 250M
Difficulty in Feb: 2600M

10x increase! Anybody claiming the difficulty is going to level off in the next few months is an idiot.

+1

Its gold rush... ppl get blind. Nothing is going to level off, if someone shuts down gen1 hardwae thers x2 new hardware switched on.
This train will not stop next months.

China is shipping like no tomorrow. They can afford to cut their margins... Antminer is 200$ worth hardware... Soon China is shipping 1TH 1000w miners.
Before KNC ships out anything China is pushing the difficulty with what they do best.. mass volume. 50000 Antminers unloading anyone?

Formal order of miners in here is 30 antminers   Grin Angry  ... lol
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:42:52 PM

I don't see modules being offered at this juncture...  it's just too late to be cost-effective for either KNC or the customer.
I'd be shocked & amazed if I'm wrong.  
If they kept the price just high enough to take a small profit, it would be far over the current competitions $/Gh/s   imho... and a hard sale.
If they do, it would be just to fulfill a promise to customers.
and no, they don't collect or accept BTC from equipment sales... they use BitPay, and receive cash in their bank account, which is why refunds are given in fiat to your bank. That argument has long since been "hashed-out" in here.  Wink

BTW.....
Happy page 1500 KNC

I don't see them being offered at all simply so they don't have to bother with them, but price-wise they can make profit and sell them so that we could also make profit. They simply won't.

If you figure a November Jupiter inventory cost is roughly $1,000USD, take out $15 for casing, $100 for controller/wiring, you're left with modules roughly under $220/ea.

I don't have access to a calculator right now but if they sold modules for 120-140GH @ $300/ea, everyone is a winner. But they don't want to do that. Too much hassle, and too much increase of network hashrate which will hurt their datacenter plans.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:47:46 PM

I don't see modules being offered at this juncture...  it's just too late to be cost-effective for either KNC or the customer.
I'd be shocked & amazed if I'm wrong.  
If they do, it would be just to fulfill a promise to customers.

BTW.....
Happy page 1500 KNC

I don't see them being offered at all simply so they don't have to bother with them, but price-wise they can make profit and sell them so that we could also make profit. They simply won't.

If you figure a November Jupiter inventory cost is roughly $1,000USD, take out $15 for casing, $100 for controller/wiring, you're left with modules roughly under $220/ea.

I don't have access to a calculator right now but if they sold modules for 120-140GH @ $300/ea, everyone is a winner. But they don't want to do that. Too much hassle, and too much increase of network hashrate which will hurt their datacenter plans.

hehe, I changed my thinking.....
They will just use the unsold ones on the farm whilst fufilling the promise to offer the boards, which probably wont sell very well, so....sure

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

I don't expect KNC to sell all the coins they mine so that there will be less btc available on the market=higher price for BTC.

I think in the future we will test one more time the democratic system and large pools or large hashing farms holders will become like political parties who will rule where will bitcoin go. Time will tell.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

KnC customers have the best gear so far.  That speaks to KnC customers analysis of what has been available.

If KnC could track if any of their refunded Neptune fiat this coming week were to go into competitor's mining gear *within a week of refund*, on what and where would they see it spent?

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:18:44 PM

soy
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:22:20 PM

KnC customers have the best gear so far.  That speaks to KnC customers analysis of what has been available.

If KnC could track if any of their refunded Neptune fiat this coming week were to go into competitor's mining gear *within a week of refund*, on what and where would they see it spent?

I wonder if there's a manufacturer and sales force that is specifically looking to attract KnC refund money by offering a product that has a profile and price that speaks to KnC refunders.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:26:24 PM

A little more appropriate, seeing as KNC have thrown us all overboard to line their own greedy pockets

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

lol
soy
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:30:09 PM

I wonder if there's a manufacturer and sales force that is specifically looking to attract KnC refund money by offering a product that has a profile and price that speaks to KnC refunders.

Like if KnC had been working to keep us in their pocket with promises instead of products while at the same time keeping our btc from being spent on the competition, which competing product seems to offer the mirror image of that, providing timely value.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:47:04 PM

Like if KnC had been working to keep us in their pocket with promises instead of products while at the same time keeping our btc from being spent on the competition, which competing product seems to offer the mirror image of that, providing timely value.

Like KnC came on the scene while BFL was showing its true face. 
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:48:08 PM

"we have a bottleneck on controller boards"

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
baller1

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:17:14 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 07:37:34 PM by baller1

Ok I'll say it simply and then expound if needed...

Why is KNC getting a pass with their influx of hash?  Is it within their right to mine? sure.. But they're disrupting my wimpy miners hash every time they spike the hash.. I'm just gonna call it Pool flux cuz I have no other way to describe it, has anyone else noticed this?  I'm assuming if it's affecting my miners, it's doing so across the pool...

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

Just overlay this with your own eligius screen..
and If not them, why don't they just say it's not them when asked here? crickets.. Wink

They're adding super amounts of hash to the network, which flies in the face of "we won't build anything for Q1 so people can make their ROI"  paraphrasing, can't for the life of me find that little gem on their website now. Anyone?

So they pretended they won't sell us anything new, to keep the difficulty stable, but they'll take all the revenue from us buying into them and their future boxes, and mine with those 28nm they have. and just spike the difficulty continually?  

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

KNC's Plan B clearly shows that within a couple of months.. their business model has gone from.. Hey buy from us we need your business.. to. we could care less if you have boxes, we'll just mine and give you rations of cloud from us..  be careful everyone.. This has much bigger ramifications if gone unchecked..
yelloyello

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:46:45 PM

source:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/02/06/bitcoin-miners-building-10-megawatt-data-center-sweden/

-- so they are not really busy building our miners.....  They are working in a formal helicopter hangar for their own business.

But in fact, this is their own freedom. As long as we get our miners. So we payed in full for our stuff, so I expected that they were busy with building.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:49:02 PM

Ok I'll say it simply and then expound if needed...

Why is KNC getting a pass with their influx of hash?  Is it within their right to mine? sure.. But they're disrupting my wimpy miners hash every time they spike the hash.. I'm just gonna call it Pool flux cuz I have no other way to describe it, has anyone else noticed this?  I'm assuming if it's affecting my miners, it's doing so across the pool...

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

Just overlay this with your own eligius screen..
and If not them, why don't they just say it's not them when asked here? crickets.. Wink

They're adding super amounts of hash to the network, which flies in the face of "we won't build anything for Q1 so people can make their ROI"  paraphrasing, can't for the life of me find that little gem on their website now. Anyone?

So they pretended they won't sell us anything new, to keep the difficulty stable, but they'll take all the revenue from us buying into them and their future boxes, and mine with those 28nm they have. and just spike the difficulty continually?  

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

KNC's Plan B clearly shows that within a couple of months.. their business model has gone from.. Hey buy from us we need your business.. to. we could care less if you have boxes, we'll just mine and give you rations of cloud from us..  be careful everyone.. This has much bigger ramifications if gone unchecked..

I think you may add to that the fact that many of us bought KNC rigs based to some extent on what they promised and how much we trusted them. They were intent on supporting their customers and providing miners with rigs way into the future....until they no longer needed the cash..which was about November. Timing was everything, until they had sold their last Jupiter, then it suddenly wasn't.

Plan B was Plan A all along. Wasn't it?

BTW. Whatever happened to ORSOC?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: