Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

keeping my preorders....

..... I want to make money

does not compute unless you used someone elses money for those preorders

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

Ooh, guy from Cloudhashing selling his Jupiters. Something afoot in the world of cloud hashing?  Tongue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Jupiter-Bitcoin-Miner-550-GH-s-1YR-HOSTING-POWER-INCLUDED-/301095722210

BTC sub $600 scaring the hell out of him probably

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:32:47 PM

Ooh, guy from Cloudhashing selling his Jupiters. Something afoot in the world of cloud hashing?  Tongue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Jupiter-Bitcoin-Miner-550-GH-s-1YR-HOSTING-POWER-INCLUDED-/301095722210

BTC sub $600 scaring the hell out of him probably
And he obviously knows how much hashrate cloudhashing are bringing online and when, hence the sale? Read it as Cloudhashing getting that 2PH online within a week or so?

And then this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261397866066

12 Jupiters for sale in one lot  Shocked

Grin Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
1Neptune

Activity: 241

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

keeping my preorders....

At today's speculation by some about the future rise in the difficulty, no it doesn't. Take the difficulty rise in the past, the present rate, and calculate the percent increases and project that over successive two week periods to the end of the year, then take into account how many TH/s the miners will do and yes, it's still projected to be profitable to the end of the year.

I don't work on emotional speculation. I work with hard numbers. Those hard numbers tell me it's not time to dump the mining gear, in hand and working or preorders. That may change over the next several increases in the difficulty but as of today it hasn't.

Also it's not other people's money, it's mine.
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

keeping my preorders....

At today's speculation by some about the future rise in the difficulty, no it doesn't. Take the difficulty rise in the past, the present rate, and calculate the percent increases and project that over successive two week periods to the end of the year, then take into account how many TH/s the miners will do and yes, it's still projected to be profitable to the end of the year.

I don't work on emotional speculation. I work with hard numbers. Those hard numbers tell me it's not time to dump the mining gear, in hand and working or preorders. That may change over the next several increases in the difficulty but as of today it hasn't.

You should also be considering the amount of BTC you could buy with the funds that you have locked up in pre-orders.  if that exceeds the amount that you will gain from having the mining, then it is obviously a better idea to get a refund & buy BTC.
1Neptune

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

keeping my preorders....

You should also be considering the amount of BTC you could buy with the funds that you have locked up in pre-orders.  if that exceeds the amount that you will gain from having the mining, then it is obviously a better idea to get a refund & buy BTC.

I've considered that but with the day to day fluctuations in btc price one can't get a reliable determination day to day. One BTC is $637.16 as I write this, a couple of weeks ago it fluctuated between $800 and $900. A few weeks before that it was $900 to over $1000. Some poor trader actually sold some BTC on btc-e February 10th for $102, and that caused down spikes on the other exchanges, for example $530 on bitstamp. A method used to predict changes in the price of stocks on the NYSE and giving buy or sell signals, called exponential smoothing, should be used when including the BTC price in profitability calculations and you of course have to include the BTC price.
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:55:51 PM

Ooh, guy from Cloudhashing selling his Jupiters. Something afoot in the world of cloud hashing?  Tongue

He had said somewhere that he has a large order from either CoinTerra of HashFast (or both) guess he's making room for the theoretical 2TH/s per box miners.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

You've run hard numbers, projected through the end of the annum, and your equation showed it was still profitable?

Please, do share all of this information, because that's fascinating.

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

keeping my preorders....

+1

you could buy 26 btc atm. you think your order will mine you that much with that 4 pth datacenter incoming?
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

you could buy 26 btc atm. you think your order will mine you that much with that 4 pth datacenter incoming?

Mota, he's run the hard numbers. He's got it in the bank pretty much already. Don't doubt him.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

Mota, he's run the hard numbers. He's got it in the bank pretty much already. Don't doubt him.
this is just trolling ^^
why do some people think they can decide what is best for everybody?
if 1neptune wants to keep their order, then let them get on with it, it doesn't concern you in the slightest. don't be a dick your whole life.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:09:05 PM

this is just trolling ^^
if 1neptune wants to keep their order, then let them get on with it, it doesn't concern you in the slightest. don't be a dick your whole life.

It's not trolling, it's kidding around. I'm as interested in seeing the numbers as anyone else. He's claimed he's proved the math that they will be profitable into 2015, and told us all to do the math. So I'd love to see the math myself since many of us did this math awhile back when BTC was @ $1k/USD and it still wasn't profitable then. Some of us used moving and smoothing averages too.

Even put some magic sprinkles on top.

raskul

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:12:14 PM

this is just trolling ^^

It's not trolling, it's kidding around. I'm as interested in seeing the numbers as anyone else. He's claimed he's proved the math that they will be profitable into 2015, and told us all to do the math. So I'd love to see the math myself since many of us did this math awhile back when BTC was @ $1k/USD and it still wasn't profitable then. Some of us used moving and smoothing averages too.

Even put some magic sprinkles on top.

fair enough, in that case don't be so lazy, do your own numbers  Kiss

1Neptune

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:12:57 PM

this is just trolling ^^

Thanks for the laugh. That's funny. After all, it's my money, not from anyone else, so why do they complain? That's just not logical.

All the numbers are in a spreadsheet and I'm not aware if this forum's software allows posting a spreadsheet. Even so, it may or may not be a competitive advantage, so consider it a trade secret.

No, my orders won't compete with a 4 pth data center incoming, but it's not active now, is it? When and if it does become active, that will change the numbers and I suspect change the hold signal to refund/sell.
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:18:26 PM

Lol.. I did, 3 months ago.. 2 months ago.. a month ago.. Several of us did, the folks who didn't preorder, and some folks recently who cancelled. BTC at $1k/USD with a conservative difficulty, Neptunes would never ROI (regain the BTC spent), unless they were delivered by March-April. May pushed you into "youd get most of your BTC back but not all". Beyond that it was just dead weight.

This presumed you paid for your electrical costs. Pushing those aside gave you half a month.

Some of us had varying estimates for difficulty. Mine presumed 7-10PH would come online before delivery, and I was scoffed at. Not so much anymore eh?

So yeah.. love to see the hard numbers which can make them profitable, not just upon delivery, but all year.

All the numbers are in a spreadsheet and I'm not aware if this forum's software allows posting a spreadsheet. Even so, it may or may not be a competitive advantage, so consider it a trade secret.

It's not hard to go to your sheets and let us know what your estimates for each month will be for: Difficulty, BTC value. That will dictate ROI. 5 data points would be sufficient. Trade secret? Wow.. alrighty. Your previous Executive-styled post about how all of us were basically off our rockers is one thing, but to claim you know the future of this year based on hard numbers and then to say they're a secret?

Definitely puts you in a class of your own.

Thanks for the laugh.

No sir, no sir.. thank you! Cheesy

1Neptune

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

Lol.. I did, 3 months ago.. 2 months ago.. a month ago.. Several of us did, the folks who didn't preorder, and some folks recently who cancelled. BTC at $1k/USD with a conservative difficulty, Neptunes would never ROI (regain the BTC spent), unless they were delivered by March-April. May pushed you into "youd get most of your BTC back but not all". Beyond that it was just dead weight.

This presumed you paid for your electrical costs. Pushing those aside gave you half a month.

Some of us had varying estimates for difficulty. Mine presumed 7-10PH would come online before delivery, and I was scoffed at. Not so much anymore eh?

So yeah.. love to see the hard numbers which can make them profitable, not just upon delivery, but all year.

It's not hard to go to your sheets and let us know what your estimates for each month will be for: Difficulty, BTC value. That will dictate ROI. 5 data points would be sufficient. Trade secret? Wow.. alrighty. Your previous Executive-styled post about how all of us were basically off our rockers is one thing, but to claim you know the future of this year based on hard numbers and then to say they're a secret?

Definitely puts you in a class of your own.

Thanks for the laugh.

No sir, no sir.. thank you! Cheesy

I wasn't telling anyone they were off their rockers, I was simply stating what I was doing and what my determination was and basically how I arrived there.

As to data points, as someone else said, do your own numbers. Interestingly I've been seeing the prediction for the next diff actually decrease over the past week, not increase. That's been a bit of a surprise.

Thanks for the confirmation I'm in a class of my own. Friends that have known me for decades would agree with you.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

Impressive, but how reliable is the info that this is the New KNC datacenter.
If it is true, then this is some impressive sleuthing.

What should infuriate you all is that while we were begging for a few upgrade modules around Nov/Dec of 2013 this plan was already underway and they were rolling off 28nm off their assembly line as fast as can be AND they were taking your money for Neptunes with one hand and reducing your chance of ROI on those same Neptunes with the other hand.

At this moment you are being robbed just a little more every hour.

We are talking adding a full Petahash and there will be another 2 or 3 right behind it.

Your Neptunes are ALREADY paperweights.

Sam went to the Josh school of customer f*cking and he got a PhD!
raskul

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:38:40 PM

Impressive, but how reliable is the info that this is the New KNC datacenter.
If it is true, then this is some impressive sleuthing.

What should infuriate you all is that while we were begging for a few upgrade modules around Nov/Dec of 2013 this plan was already underway and they were rolling off 28nm off their assembly line as fast as can be AND they were taking your money for Neptunes with one hand and reducing your chance of ROI on those same Neptunes with the other hand.

We are talking adding a full Petahash and there will be another 2 or 3 right behind it.

i think it wasn't just a Pfffft, he got, i think he got all these letters after his name;

Pfffft, I JsT Dnt Gv A SH1T3

sad to see... perhaps when they said 5%, what they ACTUALLY meant was 5% of the overall network hashrate?

NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

Indeed.  If a massive DC was always the plan, it would have been one thing to do it with private funds.  Instead they made promises, built the company and used customer money for everything.

Now they have betrayed and screwed the people who let their company exist.  Hope they can sleep at night.
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:11:04 PM

As to data points, as someone else said, do your own numbers. Interestingly I've been seeing the prediction for the next diff actually decrease over the past week, not increase. That's been a bit of a surprise.

IMO shouldn't be a surprise if you're really keeping up with the BTC world. Exchange and confirmation issues due to bugs and network attacks, part of why the value has gone down as well.

Now they have betrayed and screwed the people who let their company exist.  Hope they can sleep at night.

Just one more reminder of why cryptocurrency movements like this were always designed to be distributed among the people vice gobs of power given to a few.

Pages: « 1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: