Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

Dude, I've been on this forum since 2011.
If you've been on the forum that long, you should know how to snip your replies down to the last comment, not quote the previous 6 or 7, making the forum unreadable for everyone else.

Where's what's his face to come along and bust your nuts over your reply, and call you a troll? Haha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:18:00 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 05:38:47 PM by edgar

if youve been using the forum that long you'd read the posts that are addressed to you and not issue half assed apologies and stupid explanations in PMs..;..

You have just been sent a personal message by matthewh3 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was retarded:

Maybe I didn't read your post fully. If you was backing me up in any way, then it shows my bad. There's a lot of noise in the thread and no I usually just read the first line of a post lately. The verdict on KNC is out until the April 1st IMO that's all.

face it, youre full of shit and feel the need to poopoo facts for some reason.

my excuse is frustration, disappointment and disgust...

so how many neptunes have you paid for and how many have u refunded.

or is this post too many words for you to deal with in one sitting?

heres my KnC payment total - Total price: 32,297.50 $ *

* Only prepaid orders are summarized

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

if youve been using the forum that long you'd read the posts that are addressed to you and not issue half assed apologies and stupid explanations in PMs.

but then if every IPO investor you know has made 100% profit what are you doing here telling me about 5.5btc profits to be made by cancelling and ebaying such an awesome deal as KnC have roped us into?

face it, youre full of shit and feel the need to poopoo the facts here for some reason. my excuse is frustration, disappointment and disgust...

so how many neptunes have you paid for and how many have u refunded.

or is this post too many words for you to deal with in one sitting?

I bought five Neptunes batch 1a and am long on them all.  Although at these bitcoin prices a refund is very tempting to lock in some profit.  I'm not kissing KNC's arse and am a bit concerned myself, but this thread is being hijacked.  That's why Orama isn't posting for the same reason the trolls are now tag-teaming on me LoL.  KNC had already shown that they have the hashrate in their datacentre to provide to all batch 1a customers.  Until they ship the Neptunes.  They won't give us the hashrate before April 1st at the very earliest, but if they give it us after mid May then all you guys were right in your rants.  While I should have refunded all five at a profit.  KNC won't bum-f*ck its customers unless their forced into a sitution where they have too.  They've already shown they are trying to build support from the community and I'm still confident for some pleasant surprises myself.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

[...]  KNC won't bum-f*ck its customers unless their forced into a sitution where they have too.  They've already shown they are trying to build support from the community and I'm still confident for some pleasant surprises myself.

Wake up, they've be silently "bum-f*ck[ing]" everyone.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:48:53 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 06:33:47 PM by edgar

the only pleasant surprise you'll be getting is the same 'bumfucking' the rest of us have already received on numerous occasions.

delays (multiple),
empty promises ('expectations'),
vrms,
pci-e's,
capacitors,
incompatible PSUs,
refused RMAs,
dwindledown,
missing module connector ports,
terrible firmwares (multiple),
2nd grade & 3rd grade boards,
3 minute module firesale,
refusal to sell hardware,
lies about all of the above and more
the out & out shillery of btcorama (who u love) & phonie  x who is probably one of the biggest scammers in here

all adds up to quite the invesduh butt rape if u ask me...

and no-ones tag-teaming you, your just being a dick and nit-picking minute details to focus on while ignoring the BIGGGG picture.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

[...]  KNC won't bum-f*ck its customers unless their forced into a sitution where they have too.  They've already shown they are trying to build support from the community and I'm still confident for some pleasant surprises myself.

Wake up, they've be silently "bum-f*ck[ing]" everyone.

When you waited over twelve months for a BFL pre-order and you've watched HF burn it's early pre-order customers.  You'd think that KNC was sent by Wodin himself.  KNC never announced when they fabbed out at 28nm until long after they had.  So it's safe to presume that they'll do the same this time.  For all any of you know KNC has already fabbed out and April 1st shipping is on schedule.  As they're implied in their recent announcements.  Batch 1a is not late until after mid May in my books.  So I'm giving them until then before crediting any of you with predicting the demise of the KNC brand name.  While you should all too, instead of sh*tting your knickers or spreading fud and just basically trolling. 

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:15:56 PM

For all any of you know KNC has already fabbed out and April 1st shipping is on schedule.

You do realize that only a handful of 20nm projects have taped-out, ever? KnC isn't yet one of them, you can bank on that.

Buy & Hold
WillMilk4Coin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:21:22 PM

To dig this back up bc there's nothing constructive here anyway...
rants and raves
So taking orders and then announcing POSSIBLE delays automagically equates to fraud? Where is this guaranteed delay, by the way? I've seen mention of a potential delay ..but I didn't have to read their newsletter to realize that possibility.

I'm not sure who would believe that bullshit. I'm also not sure what type of complete fool would even entertain the notion, whether one was implied or not, that any company making a multi-million dollar investment to be a purely altruistic contingency. According to your own logic, if they were so insidiously brilliant enough to have cooked up a master plan to siphon their megamine seed money from Jupiter orders, build more capital under fraudulent promises for Neptune and all the while keeping their "Plan B, but really Plan A" scheme under wraps, make up a lie to cock-block their customers from spending coin on other options, and then to suddenly unveil their true face of greed and corruption -and actually expect people to buy into a story that such a facility as this is ONLY a "just in case" backup plan for their customers. There are two types of fools here. The ones who believed this "lie" and the ones who entertained the thought of it. Where exactly did KnC explicitly say the facility was ONLY a backup for their customers? I seem to remember KnC admitting to selling all unallocated hashing quite soon after Plan B was announced. Oh yea, there's clearly some smoke and mirrors at work here.

Regarding Q1 delivery -completely irrelevant argument. Q2 delivery was always a given possibility.

Never did I make decisions or expectations based off some 'warm fuzzy feeling' that Sam, or the folks at KnC, were "good people" that are looking out for MY well being. Putting MY best interests before their own. If anything, all I do gather from those emails with Sam was that he was honest and upfront. He basically told me only a month after their entrance into the market and MONTHS before their first product, "we are going to build and sell cloudhashing from a datacenter".

You clearly haven't kept up with the entire thread, and the KNC forums, or spoken to any insiders, or Bitcoinorama.
Referring you back to my first response above.
Again, referencing my first response. It's as if you haven't studied any of the facts at all. And I'm not just talking of the last 20 pages.. or even 500. All of it.
And then there's vesper. Haha Wow, thanks for your input. Not only did you take the time to say 3 times how I'm clearly clueless about anything, you failed to give any constructive reasoning why. Well done.

They aren't leaving an AFFORDABLE option, if you include context of ROI with 'affordable'.
When did we ever start defining affordability in the context of a potential for profit? ..lol I could redefine all kinds of words to better suit my arguments too.

________
I return to my very first point I made prior; WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE HAVE YET.

-Where are my FINAL specs on Neptune hash speed? I can assume it is 3Th -but didn't Jupiter start at 250Gh?
-Where are my FINAL specs on electrical efficiency? I can assume only marginal improvement vs. Jupiter
-Where are my FINAL dates of delivery? I can assume it'll be the last week in June ..or December
-Where are my FINAL details in regards to the cloudhashing option? Is it a complete forfeiture of my Neptune? Will the relative speed of cloudhashing always reflect updated Neptune specs? When exactly does the compensatory cloudhashing for Batch 1a begin?

Is it completely impossible to consider a scenario in which the Neptune at the time of release is 6 (or more) Th? Is it completely impossible to consider that IF each Neptune was indeed 6Th, that in order to provide a possible Plan B to all existing preorders, ~22Ph must be rolled out in their datacenter? Is it completely impossible to consider that IF they had to roll out a 22Ph safety net, they realized they simply didn't have the Jupiter production capacity to both provide said backup plan AND sell Jupiters and new modules?
(By the way, a 6Th machine, released at a 15 billion difficulty with 1 billion difficulty jumps (that's ~7Ph added to network) on an EVERY WEEK basis, that machine will mine 13 BTC in 3 months)

Again, before vesper, avenger, and whoever else jump on my nuts, I'm NOT ADVOCATING FOR KnC. I FULLY acknowledge the previously given scenario MAY NOT occur; that KnC MAY have knowingly, and according to plan, created a black empire of death, that Neptune MAY eek out 3Th and be delivered on December 31. I know KnC broke their promises to you and your feelings are hurt now, but what I can't understand is how you've come to the conclusion that all the reasoning for these broken promises (withheld Jups; Net Protection agreement lies; blah blah) could have ONLY come from a scheme, a collusion to screw everyone and build their empire from the pockets of their customers. I'm not saying they DIDN'T, just to reiterate bc you all seem so excited make selective inferences that serve your mood swing of the moment.

Would either of you, or the handful of the other loud bitching mouths here, even be able to acknowledge the POSSIBILITY of scenarios that exist outside of your own narrow views?
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:26:13 PM

For all any of you know KNC has already fabbed out and April 1st shipping is on schedule.

You do realize that only a handful of 20nm projects have taped-out, ever? KnC isn't yet one of them, you can bank on that.

Since when was you the authority on that.  These fabrication plants do not make public all their records.  In fact, it's kept very confidential.  Although I don't think they've fabbed out yet either.  They've shown they have the hashrate already to compsaint batch 1a customers until they Neptunes ship.  While I'm expecting that hashrate to be transferred to batch 1a customers by mid-May at the latest.  It wouldn't surprise me if they allocated that hashtrate to batch 1a customers in early April as part of their plan B.  All the FUD spreaders trying to convince the internet that KNC won't allocate that hashrate to any of their Neptune customers until July at the very earliest.  Have nothing more to back up your claims any more than me trying to convince the internet that KNC will allocate all batch 1a customers their hashrate on April 1st.  So stop claiming your words are gospel and take your constant ramberlings to the Mining Speculation sub-forum please.  Which is the correct board for such heresy.

*not all this post is directed at the account quoted.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

Is it completely impossible to consider a scenario in which the Neptune at the time of release is 6 (or more) Th?

Yes!!! For many reasons.

Buy & Hold
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:31:46 PM

I think you are confusing who said what if you are saying I made the "Plan B, but really Plan A" statement. I didn't.

I'm also not sure what type of complete fool would even entertain the notion, whether one was implied or not, that any company making a multi-million dollar investment to be a purely altruistic contingency.

However, this is certainly correct and something I believe - no way the datacentre is some altruistic backup plan - and only an idiot would believe it was.

This was the best part:

rants and raves

The rest tl/dr.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
WillMilk4Coin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:39:03 PM

Yes!!! For many reasons.

Please, do elaborate, Syke. I'll admit, I don't know how it is impossible. I'm assuming you're talking about the constraints of design and expected performance improvements with a node size shrink?

I think you are confusing who said what if you are saying I made the "Plan B, but really Plan A" statement. I didn't.
The rest tl/dr.

No, I don't remember you particularly saying that Plan B was actually Plan A. It has been shouted here, and I wouldn't even argue that. In fact, I think KnC from inception expected to go down this path at some point or another.

And that's fine too, I realize some don't have the attention span to take in arguments developed in depth and need short. punchy. points. for quick comprehension.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

Is it completely impossible to consider a scenario in which the Neptune at the time of release is 6 (or more) Th?

Yes!!! For many reasons.

not completely impossible but entirely improbable.

matthew - are you getting stupider by the hour?

your spelling, grammar & structure are falling apart post by post.

let me leave you all to it, April 1st indeed.....
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

I bought five Neptunes batch 1a and am long on them all.  Although at these bitcoin prices a refund is very tempting to lock in some profit.  I'm not kissing KNC's arse and am a bit concerned myself, but this thread is being hijacked.  That's why Orama isn't posting for the same reason the trolls are now tag-teaming on me LoL.  KNC had already shown that they have the hashrate in their datacentre to provide to all batch 1a customers.  Until they ship the Neptunes.  They won't give us the hashrate before April 1st at the very earliest, but if they give it us after mid May then all you guys were right in your rants.  While I should have refunded all five at a profit.  KNC won't bum-f*ck its customers unless their forced into a sitution where they have too.  They've already shown they are trying to build support from the community and I'm still confident for some pleasant surprises myself.

I am not sure that they have the hash rate yet, but i think that they would have to provide for batch 1 customers on March15-April15. May would be too late to break even in $$. I assume that we will know more in a couple of weeks (or even faster if Neptune batch 2.5 would have difficulty selling). Losing money on transaction that suppose to make money (bitcoin mining) would mean that they will have no customers going forward-and this is a fact. I don't want to refund because nobody knows where bitcoin will be in 2weeks. No point of getting a refund, buying bitcoin and see it dipping to $400, which is entirely possible if MtGotcha crocks.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

I am not sure that they have the hash rate yet, but i think that they would have to provide for batch 1 customers on March15-April15. May would be too late to break even in $$. I assume that we will know more in a couple of weeks (or even faster if Neptune batch 2.5 would have difficulty selling). Losing money on transaction that suppose to make money (bitcoin mining) would mean that they will have no customers going forward-and this is a fact. I don't want to refund because nobody knows where bitcoin will be in 2weeks. No point of getting a refund, buying bitcoin and see it dipping to $400, which is entirely possible if MtGotcha crocks.

IMO before plan B was announced I always thought that KNC would compensate any late delivery with extra hashrate.  Just like the final Jupiter speed was boosted by nearly 100% from their initial announcement.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

No, I don't remember you particularly saying that Plan B was actually Plan A. It has been shouted here, and I wouldn't even argue that. In fact, I think KnC from inception expected to go down this path at some point or another.

And that's fine too, I realize some don't have the attention span to take in arguments developed in depth and need short. punchy. points. for quick comprehension.
Uh huh. I'm not going to bother because your post is all mixed up. You say I'm ranting and raving, then you agree with what I say, then you seem to be suggesting I said something I didn't say, then you use the words "fools" a lot and then you say you are not advocating for knc, then you demand to know what FINAL specs will be when no one knows what that will be for months. It would take a week to respond to all that mixed up confused crap.

Maybe clarify your own thoughts first before you start challenging people. And my mom still wants her underwear back from you. At least stop wearing it to work you sick puppy, people are beginning to talk

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:52:28 PM

Is it completely impossible to consider a scenario in which the Neptune at the time of release is 6 (or more) Th? Is it completely impossible to consider that IF each Neptune was indeed 6Th, that in order to provide a possible Plan B to all existing preorders, ~22Ph must be rolled out in their datacenter? Is it completely impossible to consider that IF they had to roll out a 22Ph safety net, they realized they simply didn't have the Jupiter production capacity to both provide said backup plan AND sell Jupiters and new modules?
(By the way, a 6Th machine, released at a 15 billion difficulty with 1 billion difficulty jumps (that's ~7Ph added to network) on an EVERY WEEK basis, that machine will mine 13 BTC in 3 months)

Unknown re Th/machine, but clearly, only 3th/s will be compensated through plan B-they already indicated this. The major sticking point is-when and for how long?
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:56:38 PM

Looking at the photo, confrontation on sidewalk in Japan, the MtGox owner doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will do seppuku.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:57:58 PM

Please, do elaborate, Syke. I'll admit, I don't know how it is impossible. I'm assuming you're talking about the constraints of design and expected performance improvements with a node size shrink?

Yes, that's the biggest issue. The shrink from 28nm to 20nm will give roughly a 25% improvement. If they tried to do 6 TH/s, it will be because they are using many more chips, and it would be expensive, and the power draw would be in the 5,000+ watt range. That's simply not going to work.

Buy & Hold
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:59:15 PM

Looking at the photo, confrontation on sidewalk in Japan, the MtGox owner doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will do seppuku.
He's too busy playing Minecraft at work to think of such things.
Pages: « 1 ... 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: