Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
1Neptune

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:14:10 PM

You really also shouldn't be adding your 2 cents to this forum unless you have an order or own a KnC miner as your speculation doesn't mean anything to the rest of Neptune and or Knc owners. Smiley

That's the same as saying you can't comment on the government if you haven't been in government, or you can't comment on killing chickens if you haven't killed a chicken.

Really?

The more diverse viewpoints the better. Let open discussion persuade or dissuade, as the case may be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:22:09 PM

You really also shouldn't be adding your 2 cents to this forum unless you have an order or own a KnC miner as your speculation doesn't mean anything to the rest of Neptune and or Knc owners. Smiley

That's the same as saying you can't comment on the government if you haven't been in government, or you can't comment on killing chickens if you haven't killed a chicken.

Really?

The more diverse viewpoints the better. Let open discussion persuade or dissuade, as the case may be.

well if we're going to go off topic, lets do democrats versus republicans is crap there's only the government official/employee party and the rest of us.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:42:14 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 12:14:25 AM by The Avenger

So if knc can confidently run an ad on google stating this:

KnCMiner 3+ TH/s Bitcoin - kncminer.com‎
Ad www.kncminer.com/bitcoin/miner‎
Neptune Miner Pre-order for $9,995Shipment begins in Q2 of 2014

How come they can't tell their paying customers the same in an official announcement with the details?

I think Josh taught Sam & Andreas well Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

Really?

Diverse viewpoints? How is a diverse viewpoint when the people complaining don't even have an Neptune on order? It's like saying I hate Honda's, though I have never owned one nor have I driven one. Is my view valid, no and I shouldn't be mocking Honda because I don't have any right too.

You can't compare the government to Knc.. That's like comparing apples to oranges, so get real or get lost! Smiley

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:20:08 AM

How come they can't tell their paying customers the same in an official announcement with the details?

Are you Daff? It's right there on their website in black and white. The Pre-order now is for the batch 2 Neptune's of course if you knew how to read you'd know that.

"Neptune is our first 20nm product and will be shipping in Q2 of 2014. This order is for the second batch which will leave about one month after the first batch."
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:24:46 AM

Diverse viewpoints? How is a diverse viewpoint when the people complaining don't even have an Neptune on order? It's like saying I hate Honda's, though I have never owned one nor have I driven one. Is my view valid, no and I shouldn't be mocking Honda because I don't have any right too.

You can't compare the government to Knc.. That's like comparing apples to oranges, so get real or get lost! Smiley

You are a damn hypocrite, you have plenty of posts commenting on things you have never experienced but there you are happily sharing your perspective. While I am going to take someone's opinion with a grain of salt when they haven't slogged through it themselves they may still have very valid points to make due to the fact that they, like anyone else can research. Much like you seem to do elsewhere.

So using your logic you shouldn't complain about a number of topics you like to, wait maybe that is silly and instead you dismiss them more easily like others do and deal with the discourse.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
The Avenger

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 12:50:22 AM by The Avenger

Are you Daff? It's right there on their website in black and white. The Pre-order now is for the batch 2 Neptune's of course if you knew how to read you'd know that.

"Neptune is our first 20nm product and will be shipping in Q2 of 2014. This order is for the second batch which will leave about one month after the first batch."
I am aware of the bullshit they post on their website, but I said DETAILS. If they are so confident on batch 2 in Q2, they should surely be able to provide concrete, technical details about the product now.

Remember >
64 days fab + "will leave about one month after the first batch" and still to deliver in Q2 means they have to tape out before 2nd April. So they have about 32 days left to complete one of the first 20nm projects in the world and ensure they get it right the first time. This after announcing only 6 weeks ago they were only in preliminary design stages.

Still feeling lucky?  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
baller1

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

I'd ask for KNC to provide us updates but, I don't think many folks here care that much anymore (I don't), and we know KNC won't provide them anyhow.

We shall see, but the thought that we essentially provided an interest free loan is infuriating.

And that they flat out lied twice,
and never answered for it, when a vendor who is active on bitcointalk..disappears, questions should be raised.

#1 Their fairness program, not building or selling any "new" products for Q1, but instead mining themselves with all the "new" product they've been creating, proof see video and their known hashrate, essentially, they sold products for Q1, to themselves, at no cost.

Actually worse, product "we" previous customers paid for, with the capital we provided based on good faith.

#2 Delivering a 22nm miner by Q2, how they try to bypass this completely without actually being sued, probably not, but I think it is clear with Plan B, they're gonna do it their way. Which really isn't influenced by anyone on this board.. the machine is in process now.

Watch if Bitcoin's price falls anymore.. "Exclusive used modules now for sale".. what a joke.
And don't fall for it people! If and when you become part of their business model again..

lol.  wrong assumption.  Would your assumptions about my ownership somehow answer the two lies that have already happened? these aren't speculation if they've already happened, ie past tense.  KNC has restructured their model, Plan B, and any 28nm produced from Dec. to Feb. went to... KNC.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:41:47 AM

Been away for a while.  I am confused.  Why do ppl want a btc refund?  Take cash and buy more btc than you had before.  Hasn't spot been mostly $800-1000 during most of the Neptune pre-order period?

BTC refunds are being done as the cost in USD converted to BTC at the current rate.
If you want to end up with BTC anyway, it is quicker and cheaper than receiving a USD refund then buying BTC yourself.

so if I paid 10 coins for my miner. I would get current spot price X 10 coins? I was under the assumption the Fiat amount paid when purchased, would be returned..

Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:03:20 AM

This is still in their news section: "Shipment begins in Q1/Q2 of 2014". I'm surprised that hasn't been "revised" to reflect the reality that Q1 was just a teaser. Btw, who all still has an order with them? I've seen a lot of refunds here, so I'm curious who is still sticking to their order and why.
CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:35:39 AM

This is still in their news section: "Shipment begins in Q1/Q2 of 2014". I'm surprised that hasn't been "revised" to reflect the reality that Q1 was just a teaser. Btw, who all still has an order with them? I've seen a lot of refunds here, so I'm curious who is still sticking to their order and why.

I am still keeping mine, hoping that I will receive physical miners, which I can mine with for a while and then sell them on Ebay or sell directly on Ebay.
But it looks more and more plausible that we will all receive virtual hashrate.
Also I really don't like their attitude towards their customers. I sent them an email with questions + called them and got exactly what I expected: a lot of words and phrases, but not real information.
Phone support does not even want to answer the question: Is 1st July considered late?
Sam is nowhere to be found and would rather be hit by a train, than speak with any of his customers.
Bitcoinorama is also nowhere to be found.

Basically communication and information is totally lacking and they don't care a single bit.

ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:28:25 AM

Been away for a while.  I am confused.  Why do ppl want a btc refund?  Take cash and buy more btc than you had before.  Hasn't spot been mostly $800-1000 during most of the Neptune pre-order period?

When BTC turn into cash its a taxable event.

When more than $10k gets transferred into your account in the U.S. it fires off a red flag to the IRS

That is why KNC should refund back in the form it was paid in. But they are doing the opposite so that they can have credit for refunding in fiat. The more they have in BTC and the less they have in fiat the better they are too (less taxable events)

Bad news.  It was a taxable event when you PURCHASED the miner, NOT when you refunded it.

Even if you keep your order, it's still taxable
FoolPartedWithMoney

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:59:12 AM

I ordered 2nd batch (November) Jupiter a while back. When I saw that BTC price dropped from 300 to 200 I chickened out and cancelled the order. Then, while waiting for refund via Paypal, the BTC price started to go up. I realized that I made a mistake. I sent them an email saying, that since I still didn't receive a refund, to please cancel my cancellation, that is, I wanted to keep my order. I hoped that since they didn't open up a sale for my cancelled Jupiter, they'll let me do that as a nice gesture towards a previous customer (I had an October Saturn). But they didn't do it, and returned my money the same day. That's when I realized that they don't really care much about previous customers.
Among other things I wished were different with KNC:
- They delayed October shipments a bit, I think mainly due to reports of fire, so I don't blame them for that (I blame those who burnt their miners  Angry ).
- They stopped allowing paypal/credit card payments.

But I realize that they are not a charity, so they do what's best for them. I was quite a bit worried during the October wait that once they finally produce valuable machines, they will either not send them to customers, or delay significantly. So, they were honorable in that respect and I really appreciate that. That outweighs many of their negatives in my opinion. Plus, I was lucky that stuff I got from them performed fairly well.
I don't really care that they didn't open up sales for more upgrade modules (i would have bought just one and it wouldn't have made much difference), or more Jupiters (they would've priced them too high). I don't have a Neptune order and I don't plan to order any more mining equipment with them, or anyone else for that matter. So I don't really care how they will treat their Neptune or other customers  Cool. Yes, they could've become more arrogant now, but they left me with some good memories (like that time when they were bringing up the chip overnight and also when I finally received my miner), that's all that matters to me. So thanks KNC.
Needed to get this off my chest.
1Neptune

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:46:18 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 07:57:35 AM by 1Neptune

Really?

You're pointing your rant at the wrong person. I wasn't comparing KnC to government, but it appears the point was lost completely on you. You have no idea and it's none of your business if I own KnC hardware or don't, or if I do or do not have equipment on order, or if I've cancelled my order(s).

You "get real or get lost" jackass. What a lame, tired, old statement. "Get real"... seriously... you stuck on stupid or the 1980's?
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:01:27 AM

I am still keeping mine, hoping that I will receive physical miners, which I can mine with for a while and then sell them on Ebay or sell directly on Ebay.
Also I really don't like their attitude towards their customers. I sent them an email with questions + called them and got exactly what I expected: a lot of words and phrases, but not real information.
Phone support does not even want to answer the question: Is 1st July considered late?
Sam is nowhere to be found and would rather be hit by a train, than speak with any of his customers.

Basically communication and information is totally lacking and they don't care a single bit.

I am keeping my neptune for the moment, but $13,000 / 600 = 21.6BTC, so i am aware and tempted of the refund, the gamble of the 10 day wait puts me off. Knowing my luck i would refund and then we would see $1050btc again.

I have been having some off communications with KnC also lately. Two hosted miners have been dropping in speed from 550 down to 500.
KnC say the engeneers check them and all is fine and hashing at 550, that's not what the pool ever says.

I asked if the miners could be taken out of hosting and sent to me early, i then got told this could not happen and the miners were to stay in hosting until the hosting contract has ran out........ seems most strange to me, unless they are running extra boards from my control boards or they have over clocked my boards and i just get a % of the generated hashrate. Either way, i did not like being told i could not have what i paid for, until another service i had paid for runs out.

1Neptune

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:09:18 AM

I am keeping my neptune for the moment, but $13,000 / 600 = 21.6BTC, so i am aware and tempted of the refund, the gamble of the 10 day wait puts me off. Knowing my luck i would refund and then we would see $1050btc again.

I have been having some off communications with KnC also lately. Two hosted miners have been dropping in speed from 550 down to 500.
KnC say the engeneers check them and all is fine and hashing at 550, that's not what the pool ever says.

I asked if the miners could be taken out of hosting and sent to me early, i then got told this could not happen and the miners were to stay in hosting until the hosting contract has ran out........ seems most strange to me, unless they are running extra boards from my control boards or they have over clocked my boards and i just get a % of the generated hashrate. Either way, i did not like being told i could not have what i paid for, until another service i had paid for runs out.

It's statements and experiences like yours and so many others that lead people to justifiably question KnC's business practices and their lack of consideration of customers.

I have my own reasons to question their lack of consideration of their customers that won't be detailed here. At least not yet.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:27:05 AM

When more than $10k gets transferred into your account in the U.S. it fires off a red flag to the IRS

That is why KNC should refund back in the form it was paid in. But they are doing the opposite so that they can have credit for refunding in fiat. The more they have in BTC and the less they have in fiat the better they are too (less taxable events)

KnC needs to put up a sign... BUY at your OWN RISK! As refunds may not be turned in the same currency your product was purchased in. Smiley

on that note is it true that the 3rd batch of knc miners (the ones they are selling now) don't have a refund?

somehow i can't seem to get an answer to this (or it is obviouse someplace and i read over it)

thanks
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:33:41 AM

KnC needs to put up a sign... BUY at your OWN RISK! As refunds may not be turned in the same currency your product was purchased in. Smiley
It was written here in December and in KNC update payment in BTC refund in USD for neptunes pre pre pre orders same like the fact the 3Thas won't give you the btc back and due high diff will btc drop

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:54:15 AM

on that note is it true that the 3rd batch of knc miners (the ones they are selling now) don't have a refund?

somehow i can't seem to get an answer to this (or it is obviouse someplace and i read over it)

thanks
Searing

If every thing goes to plan then I can see them saying no to refunds, but if miners change from physical to virtual or there is a delay in production then they cannot/should not refuse a refund.

I really couldn't care if they say 'no refunds' in the terms, if they can't produce in a timely manner then they have to refund if they like it or not.

I might be delusional but this is how I see it.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:04:04 AM

thanks
Searing

If every thing goes to plan then I can see them saying no to refunds, but if miners change from physical to virtual or there is a delay in production then they cannot/should not refuse a refund.

I really couldn't care if they say 'no refunds' in the terms, if they can't produce in a timely manner then they have to refund if they like it or not.

I might be delusional but this is how I see it.

It's a principle at least as old as Rome in the common law: A unilateral change to a contract is not valid. Unless you're a government, then such things as morality and ethics have no meaning anyway.

Don't sign nothin' without a lawyer vetting it. YOUR lawyer, not KNC's.
Pages: « 1 ... 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: