Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:18 AM

This is rather unlikely, but it could be a good sign. Maybe they determined the number of Jupiters they want to make and are ready to order/produce.

1000GH batch 3 Jupiter aka "Red spot" for $3000 would be a good deal, Wink

"NO soup for you!" that stuff is all going into their GH farm and likely the 3rd batch of Neptunes they just pulled too imho...there's GOLD
IN THEM THEIR GH FARMS by guppy"

sorry my "miner 49'er accent from the gold rush is lame"

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:33 AM

Omg how the hell you want to compare a machine which suxx 400 watt for 190 Gh to machines which use less then half of that power for the same hashpower
Fraking wankers stop comparing these, let your brain work a bit if it can.
I offer some miner for sale who use half the freaking power and people start crying i can buy a ant for less .... brainless twirps

The reality is that the monthly power cost required to operated these miners is still relatively low when compared to the cost of the hardware. For small time home miners who are not close to maxing out their Amps usage it makes sense to compare the price per GH/s with that of an Antminer.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:42 AM

Omg how the hell you want to compare a machine which suxx 400 watt for 190 Gh to machines which use less then half of that power for the same hashpower
I offer some miner for sale who use half the freaking power and people start crying i can buy a ant for less .... brainless twirps

Monthly electricity cost between 3 Ants and one Jupiter is ~$45/mo advantage to Jupiter at US rates (0.12).
Does not really matter for 3-4 mo of use if price difference is ~$2000.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:53:13 AM

Looks like they have sold out of Neptune's now! Smiley

They had 845 yesterday, so I don't think that they sold out.
It was just getting embarassing-only ~150 sold in more than 3wk-market has spoken.
The price is completely non-competitive without further info. It should be either 5Th for $10K or 3Th for $6-7K for Q2.
market has doubts and it is KnC job to provide better info.
BTW, Bitmain dropped the price today to 0.999BTC/180-200GH (or $624=$3120-3466/TH and you get it in 4 days).

Exactly. No one is the least bit interested in knc any more.

Firstly because knc believe this is a good way to communicate with their customers:

Secondly, because they totally screwed existing customers and lied to everyone.

Thirdly, they have nothing but contempt for paying customers.

The fact that there is only one new page in this thread per day reflects total lack of interest any more.

The market has spoken and it says

"KNC? Kn who? Those guys selling expensive pre-orders that are not worth it and screwed their entire customer base? Naw"

KNC removed their Neptunes from the store because no one wants them, no one is willing to support liars and back-stabbers, no one wants overpriced hardware and being kept in the dark about anything they'd like to know about the product.

KNC obviously have enough Jupiters going into their datacentre that THEY DON'T EVEN WANT NEPTUNES! So they probably decided to make only 2 batches, in case they end up with 1000 machines no one wants and they can't sell.

Datacentre is the only thing that is interesting to them now. As Facebook got sizeable grants to set up their datacentre in Lulea, I wonder if knc managed to get the Swedish government to throw them some cash? Maybe one day knc will be owned by the Swedish government, once they go under and have to be bailed out Grin

KNC's greed is going to do terrible damn to bitcoin, eventually.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

Monthly electricity cost between 3 Ants and one Jupiter is ~$45/mo advantage to Jupiter at US rates (0.12).

It's also because you can buy an ant NOW and have it in your hands in 4 days for CHEAP. They have supply to meet my demand so I bought some last night. Nuff said on that.
andjo327

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:22:53 PM

The fact that there is only one new page in this thread per day reflects total lack of interest any more.

I guess you like to think you are apart of the solution to this, trying to fill up a page every day but I actually think you are apart of the problem, pushing every other interesting KnC discussion away.
As Facebook got sizeable grants to set up their datacentre in Lulea, I wonder if knc managed to get the Swedish government to throw them some cash? Maybe one day knc will be owned by the Swedish government, once they go under and have to be bailed out Grin

But this is kind of funny. That would be the day when the Swedish government bailed out a bitcoin company. In someway I guess we have won if that happens, bitcoin have then become to big to fail! :-)

But anyway are you interested to know why the Swedish government or sometimes EU do give grants to some companies that set up their operations in the northern part of Sweden. Maybe that is a bit of topic, but is is certainly more intresting to discuss than this:
KNC's greed is going to do terrible damn to bitcoin
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

I agree with you

bitcoin is meant to be a decentalized P2P payment system (and much more) and was designed to be run by many around the world as Satoshi Nakamoto wanted it and designed it to be, not by a few mega mining farms.

KNC in the beginning acted like they were big supporters of the bitcoin community telling us they were going build great mining machines to spread around supporting the bitcoin network and their customers, but in fact are doing the total opposite.  Sucked us all in.

When I first discovered bitcoin I loved the idea and tried spreading the word around about bitcoin to friends and everyone I bumped into.  I was telling them that this is going to be huge as this bitcoin network is run by many people around the world like the P2P file sharing network worked.  It couldn't be stopped, it couldn't be controlled by any government or bank.

now I believe this isn't the case and it will only get worse so I refrain from spreading the word, I'm starting to think that one day in the near future instead of people complaining that the banks and governments have to much control with the monetary system it will be people complaining that a few mega mining farms will have this insane control with bitcoin.

I sure as hell can't trust KNC anymore and I can't tell others to do so also.  As fantastic as bitcoin is (true genius invention) I don't believe that people would take to the idea that it's controlled and run by a couple mega mining farms.  In the long run the many banks in many countries and many governments around the world would look less controlled/monopolized than bitcoin will look.  When you really think about people can elect a new government, people can change banks, and people can transact with whatever they want, but if bitcoin goes into the hands of a few greedy individuals you've don't have a choice no longer.

maybe the bitcoin foundation should impose some rules like mining farms cannot exceed a certain size in hash power, I know this is impossible to enforce but something has to be done before it really gets out of hand.

Sorry for the grim outlook but this is my gut feeling as to how this is going to pan out, the few greedy liars will destroy bitcoin.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:47:52 PM

I agree with you

bitcoin is meant to be a decentalized P2P payment system (and much more) and was designed to be run by many around the world as Satoshi Nakamoto wanted it and designed it to be, not by a few mega mining farms.

KNC in the beginning acted like they were big supporters of the bitcoin community telling us they were going build great mining machines to spread around supporting the bitcoin network and their customers, but in fact are doing the total opposite.  Sucked us all in.

When I first discovered bitcoin I loved the idea and tried spreading the word around about bitcoin to friends and everyone I bumped into.  I was telling them that this is going to be huge as this bitcoin network is run by many people around the world like the P2P file sharing network worked.  It couldn't be stopped, it couldn't be controlled by any government or bank.

now I believe this isn't the case and it will only get worse so I refrain from spreading the word, I'm starting to think that one day in the near future instead of people complaining that the banks and governments have to much control with the monetary system it will be people complaining that a few mega mining farms will have this insane control with bitcoin.

I sure as hell can't trust KNC anymore and I can't tell others to do so also.  As fantastic as bitcoin is (true genius invention) I don't believe that people would take to the idea that it's controlled and run by a couple mega mining farms.  In the long run the many banks in many countries and many governments around the world would look less controlled/monopolized than bitcoin will look.  When you really think about people can elect a new government, people can change banks, and people can transact with whatever they want, but if bitcoin goes into the hands of a few greedy individuals you've don't have a choice no longer.

maybe the bitcoin foundation should impose some rules like mining farms cannot exceed a certain size in hash power, I know this is impossible to enforce but something has to be done before it really gets out of hand.

Sorry for the grim outlook but this is my gut feeling as to how this is going to pan out, the few greedy liars will destroy bitcoin.

1-2 years ago people were so damn scared about a 51% attack, now when the total hashrate is going to the moon everyone is still complaining. Until proven KnC still are good guys and i don't see how can their greed do terrible thins to bitcoin. We have cex.io that made a successful double spend and nobody is complaining so much about them and we have KnC who did nothing wrong except mine more coins than anyone else and people are complaining. People are weird!

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

1-2 years ago people were so damn scared about a 51% attack, now when the total hashrate is going to the moon everyone is still complaining. Until proven KnC still are good guys and i don't see how can their greed do terrible thins to bitcoin. We have cex.io that made a successful double spend and nobody is complaining so much about them and we have KnC who did nothing wrong except mine more coins than anyone else and people are complaining. People are weird!

Trust and respect are earned, not given.

This is probably why KNC / cex.io receive neither from many of us. They're not "the good guys", they're out to make money. They were good guys for batches 1 & 2 in 2013, and after that they stopped advertising themselves as friendly "miner folk" who simply wanted to give back to the community.

Seriously. For some reason people forget this.

andjo327

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

Hmm maybe this could be an interesting discussion. I think the end game is an interesting discussion but that a single company like KnC or Gox will destroy bitcoin if they fail I find boring.

Lets say bitcoin become the global currency. All the mining is in the hands of all countries different goverments. What can they actually do, sit down together and discuss like they try to do now regarding Ukraine and vote to do some kind 51% attack. Anyone have any idees? My guess is that they at that point have past the point where they want to shutdown bitcoin. And they wouldn't be able to print more money would they?

The bitcoin foundation forcing regulation upon us would for me be the worst move ever, mainly because I view regulation for most part as the opposite of freedom and also becuse I think the small group of people regulation would be even more subject to political pressures and bribes etc.. than the companies working in the space.

Just my thoughts.
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:08:57 PM

I agree with you

I can't disagree with you and wish I can see KNC as you do, but at moment I don't get that fuzzy feeling from them.

cex.io is a cloud farm selling mining contracts so they don't come across like KNC do.
the size or 51% perspective of cex.io doesn't come across as greedy as KNC, but truthfully I don't know to much who and how cex.io operates and if they lied to get to where they are.

KNC have registered a 'knccloud' domain but I think they will only sell mining contacts when they see a decline in mining revenue for themselves. 

I just lost my trust with them only because of their behavior and lies. 
We're still waiting for them to sell some jupiter upgrade modules.  Couldn't they just come out and say, sorry there isn't going to be any.
Their transparency and communications about selling existing modules and development of neptune isn't reassuring.

I really hope I'm wrong and bitcoin does succeed, and not just to make profit mining just because I like to see a bitcoin payment system and protocol remove/take some of the control from banks and governments.

vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:19:04 PM

merv, they already said a month ago they wouldn't sell upgrade modules anymore.

merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:37:44 PM

merv, they already said a month ago they wouldn't sell upgrade modules anymore.

oops, I must of missed it  Embarrassed

but still....

lost that loving fuzzy feeling... oh oh that fuzzy feeling...

I would make a youtube song if I could sing ...  LOL  Grin
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:37:52 PM

It's very obvious from the actions of Knc that they have no plan to deliver new bitcoin mining hardware to the public. I'm sure they will rent out hash power for more Bitcoin than it will ever earn for suckers that are interested in that sort of thing.

It's kind of sad to see some folks ignore the writing on the wall and hope for a Knc turnaround that looks less and less likely by the day.

It's a mistake to be loyal to any bitcoin mining hardware company in the mining business, so I hope folks aren't missing out on some excellent non Knc mining hardware. The Antminer S1 and CoinCraft A1 rigs are both excellent. The Coincraft rigs use under 1W/GH at the wall, which is probably similar to what Neptune power efficiency will be. Asicminer and Bitmain will be releasing next generation hardware within the next month or two.

I have an Ant farm mining away right now because Knc refused to sell more Jupiters and handed that portion of the market to Bitmain. You can now purchase 16 Antminers for $10,000 that will be delivered within a week and have 3TH worth of mining power, yet Knc doesn't say a word about when customers who purchased a Neptune will be mining.

I'm not sure 20nm bitcoin mining hardware will be economically viable within the next year due to high development and manufacturing costs. I have a feeling that Chinese mining hardware manufacturers are going to flood the market with cheap ASICs and end up killing off a lot of underperforming mining hardware companies over the next six months...
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:50:58 PM

One thing is for sure.. it's entering the phase where the only ones "truly" making money are equipment sellers and pool operators. Except for the random spurts of profit which might occur if the difficulty ever enters its ripple phase.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:48:21 PM

any ideas why i can run 5 boards using cgminer and overclock settings, but when i try and do this with bfgminer i get 10x as many HW errors and i never achieve anywhere near the hashrate, but when i use 4 boards on bfgminer it is all fine.

i prefer bfg but i am not going to sacrifice the extra hashrate to use it
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:49:44 PM

It's also because you can buy an ant NOW and have it in your hands in 4 days for CHEAP. They have supply to meet my demand so I bought some last night. Nuff said on that.
Or sooner if you know where....hint hint Grin
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

I didn't watch the video, but the article mentions NEPTUNES, think they got it wrong.
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/84986
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

IIt's a mistake to be loyal to any bitcoin mining hardware company in the mining business, so I hope folks aren't missing out on some excellent non Knc mining hardware. I'm not sure 20nm bitcoin mining hardware will be economically viable within the next year due to high development and manufacturing costs. I have a feeling that Chinese mining hardware manufacturers are going to flood the market with cheap ASICs and end up killing off a lot of underperforming mining hardware companies over the next six months...

Exactly. Some like to drive BMW, some Kia, but it is based on prestige. In bitcoin mining what matters is the cost of equipment and its reliability plus electricity.
It's not like Jupiter has smoother curves or anything, LOL.
slicko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

jersey 4 life !!!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

Now more than 2 weeks passed since I requested a refund...  Huh
Anyone else received a refund these days?

requested refund 2 weeks ago and asked how long the procedure was. they ve said, it would be about 10 days + transfer time.
asked them why the delay of 10 days and also told them 3 days should be enough to manage it.
on day 3 after my request i had the money back, so i dont understand what is goin on in your case.

good luck
Pages: « 1 ... 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: