Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

Can someone please explain why a bitcoin refund takes DAYS to process...

Has anyone else encountered this? they emailed me this offer out of the blue, when i first asked for my refund i asked for bitcoin and they denied me as i only have 1 neptune preorder(mid apr)...now they voluntarily offer bitcoin refund instead of cash...something smells fishy to me...

i feel like they are just waiting a couple days so they can refund me at highest possible exchange rate.?

~thanks

Just an interesting little detail. The mail you received is signed by  Anna Jagdhar who is "Customer Service Team Leader" at KnCMiner AB.

Previously, she worked as "Head of Fraud Department" at Govitall. There, she "planned and developed anti-fraud strategies and maintained fraud rate below 0.1%." When I read about them in several forums, it becomes obvious why she kept the fraud rate this low: They didn't want to have any competitors: "Fraudulent", "scummers", "spammers" and alike are amongst the more friendly terms I find regarding her former employer. Seems KnC wanted to hire someone with an expertise.

And as if this isn't enough: Remember Brock Pierce, KnC's representative in China? If you don't know who he is: Google his name in connection with the term "pedophile". Even before she worked for KnC, she obviously was connected to Brock Pierce or his companies. So it seems as if Pierce has brought some of his people into KnC.

Accusations in court documents against KnC-Pierce: "“Pierce deprived Debonneville of millions of dollars Debonneville was owed under his agreements with IGE. Debonneville names an even dozen claims ranging from breach of fiduciary duty to fraud. Along the way he accuses Pierce of failing to pay taxes owed to the Spanish government, using corporate funds for personal expenses, falsely telling Debonneville that one of the other executives in IGE was blackmailing Pierce, and partnering with a third party, Jonathan Yantis, to exploit bugs in game software to make unauthorized duplicates of in-game items and currency to offer for sale via IGE.” There's tons of material available on him and his buddies. And Anna seems to be one of them...

It may be a coincidence that KnC's scrypt-miner will be called "Titan", while one of his companies is called "Titan Gaming".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:08:38 PM

If they really told you that it's safe to power up the DOA miners, go do that and take the whole thing on video. If one of them sets itself on fire, sue the bastards.  Wink
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

Hey is there anyone here with some WORKING ASICS?
freakingcat

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:23:41 PM

I wish that there wouldn't be an EPIC story at all but KnC would do what is right and refund us all the money. I have no problem shipping the whole crap back to them at their expenses.

I have collected hundreds of pictures of the two faulty shipments and also a written testimony of a certified technician who concluded after 12 hours of testing that those miners are unsafe and dangerous to run without supervision in a private surrounding due to several reasons.

Its enough evidence for a court trial and I am willing to submit the evidence and join a court trial.

Reading all the forums especially this one about KnC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.new#new

it becomes more and more clear that KnC is on the edge of being bankrupt.

They have made money by mining BTCs taking over allegedly 13% of the global Bitcoin hashing power even they lied about it intially.

They probably cashed themselves out huge bonuses after their successful Jupiter launch

Then they were so arrogant to believe they could bring out a 20 nm miner but it is becoming more and more clear that they wont be able to deliver what they made everyone believe

Hence their ideas of Plan B and other failure plans just to avoid more refunds

They announced the Titan for Q3 without even having started to produce it. But immediately jacked off the hash rate to 200, then 250 and now 300 mh/s

While other, much smaller companies have already successfully shipped their scrypt miners and allowed all their customers a full refund, KnC insists that the technology is so new that they can't accept any refunds.

This is another clear indication that they just try to postphone the inevitable that they will go bankrupt very very soon.

The Bitcoin and bank withdrawals take an incredible long time or are not processed at all

Then someone of KnC had the brilliant idea to make some quick bucks and announced their Super Junior plan without informing the customers that they will receive 6 boxes which had been used in their datacentre in Sweden previously. But they thought in their arrogance and greed that everything will go fine. Bad luck for them as most of the Super Juniors got destroyed, so they continued to dismantle their data centre even further.

As the scandal about their Super Juniors is not dying down, but on the contrary gets eagerly followed up not only by the online communities but also by the press, KnC completely destroyed its good reputation it had built up and became a new BFL, another Mt. Gox.

Lots of customers asking now for refunds for their Neptunes as they don't believe KnC will ship out a quality product and definitely not in time. KnC desperately tried to compensate that by announcing they gonna give every Neptune customer another free Neptune in August, hoping they would be able to survive that long.

Fact is: KnC is a dead fish in the water. If they would have enough funds they would issue a sincere letter of apology to all Super Jupiter customers they screwed over, admit it was a mistake, and refund the money to the 400 scammed customers. With this they would show that they have a bit of sincerity left AND THAT THEY STILL HAVE MONEY.

Fact is: KnC is almost dead and very likely they won't even survive the next few months. I don't expect that any of the Titan customers will ever get a miner from KnC nor their money back.

They will declare bankruptcy to save for themselves whatever money or bitcoins they can still salvage.

It will take a few more days, maybe two, three weeks before enough cheated people have organised themselves and get ready to sue KnC

The Swedish consumer protection board has received tons of complaints with lots of evidence.

Its just a question of time until KnC's house of cards comes crashing down.

Sam, Kurt....am I right or just making those things up???

If you reply, please don't reply with another copy and paste email to RMA you the crappy boards. You can happily have my two entire shipments of miners for a full refund.

Do what is right and do not think this will blow over.

btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:26:56 PM

Hey is there anyone here with some WORKING ASICS?

Yep, there are a few lucky ones.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg6584024#msg6584024

Maybe they couldn't test all boards and some good went out the door by mistake - just humans there, nobody is perfect   Tongue
Still shaking my head about what they send out the door and how they respond to all the complaints.

And wondering where all the 400 units went to, too few complaints for this number.
Rest is happy or doesn't care ?!

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3860

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:37:27 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 06:58:21 PM by Biodom

I'm in contact with some BTC websites and organizations. All are pissed of this KNC bomb recently.

We will start working on Open Letter to the rest of the Hardware companies.
This letter will be the voice of all of us who spend money and time, so finally some fishy KCN or BFL took all.
We need to push this bastards to work for us in the future and to work for the Bitcoin community.

The idea is to create new standard and organize against all this crappy Companies.

We need to change the way they collect money, the way they deliver the products (if deliver any)
the way how they refund and cover the warranties.

This Letter will be used for creating a basic standards and rules and will be send to all miner companies and published to all main btc media and sites.

I will open a separate post and share the link here so all of us who are angry and want to strike back can join.

We are great community and we are army. Let's put our standards and push this bastards to work for us not against us.

During this time we can start calling and reporting the last smelly fresh fish on the market KNC.

Let's report them to any possible place by calls and by mails we are stronger and we are more powerful.

We make this bitches rich we can ruin them.

Sorry, but this sounds like a lot of bullshit. We are NOT a great community. In fact, i am starting to think that bitcoin is a scam.
Facts are simply NOT in your favor.
Among hardware:
Hashfast-scam
cointerra-scammy with bad quiality and underperformance?
BFL-super scam
KnC-used to be pretty good, now-I don't know yet.
Bitmain-mostly not scam, but poor shipping habits for S2
Spond-not a scam yet, we'll see later on.

Plus-MtGox was a scam, people lost much money.
add to this endless attacks on pools-no doubt from someone in this "community".
This bitcoin nonsense makes me seriously pissed.

I have a feeling that i would have to writeoff my bitcoin adventure pretty soon.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

Bfl-tripled my investment- would never ever ever order again
Bitmain- i have 7- S1, shipped fast, almost headache free/my wireless acts up once in a while. -might order again
Hashfast- never bought
cointerra-never bought
knc- second owner of jupiter, first owner of superbroke'back jupiter(not sure how screwed i am yet, might be able to fix these)
Spond- never ordered, prob in the future will

Bottom line for me, I will never pre order again.

*LOL, All my bfl's work great still.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Bitmain- i have 7- S1, shipped fast, almost headache free/my wireless acts up once in a while. -might order again
Hashfast- never bought
cointerra-never bought
knc- second owner of jupiter, first owner of superbroke'back jupiter(not sure how screwed i am yet, might be able to fix these)

You could be f-ed even without preorder.
Two new goodies for you: MiTM attacks and general pool attacks.
Mining sucks big time as far as making money is concern, and so is buying bitcoin.
In fact, from what I have seen in the last 5-6 mo, bitcoin as a whole sucks.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:17:52 PM

And wondering where all the 400 units went to, too few complaints for this number.
Rest is happy or doesn't care ?!
KNC always lie with their numbers (who remembers the "1000 units left to ship" lies we were fed early last October, when they still had about 4-7000 units left to ship??), so it could easily be a lot less. Also, a lot of people don't use btc forums.

We've had 1 guys report on here his boards are fully working. The vast majority have reported broken garbage. Scale it up.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

All of my first shipment boards hash, several with dead dies and all run HOT. I've had to underclock/volt to get them to run at safe temps. I'm getting about 2.5THs total.

All of my units came scrambled with some of the heatsinks completely off the chips. But I didn't have any loose parts falling out. Since my first shipment arrived, one of the heatsink fans quit working. The heatsinks are cheap i30 knockoffs and probably well used.

I was also shipped 18 replacement boards so I stupidly ordered 2 more controllers, 12 i30s and 2 1300 EVGA gold PSUs. Of course KNC doesn't provide the IDC ribbon cable nor do they give you the specs for them so of course I ordered the wrong ones.

But while I've waited for the cables, I've tested several of the 2nd batch boards and they do indeed work. Although I'm seeing something strange that I've never seen mentioned before. I get no temperature reading on the main page stats for 3 of the boards that I've tested. I do get temp readings under the advanced tab though. Anyone know what that's about?
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

My replacements should be here tomorrow, Ill be recording the opening of that box!
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:06:56 PM

Good luck, but I think that miners are, essentially, addicts of bitcoin.
I would like to break the habit, so no more orders from me.
themuleman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:10:32 PM

http://i58.tinypic.com/2gvm2y0.jpg

Sgt. Moth wins the "Boobie prize" for best pic of the year,
as well as 1st place in the "Who got the most broken parts" contest.
That's just Franken-nasty! Wow.  How many thousands did that mess cost again? shish. That was a single machine?
I think I'd start crying if I opened my box and saw that.

But ooh, Kurt Anna says it's okay to plug those in...    omg.

https://i.imgur.com/MmdjucE.png
No worries Moth...  shouldn't effect the performance any.  Shocked

I'm pleased to see my post on the KnC forums is making it around the Interwebz. I wanna join the get banned by KnC and sue club too!
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:50:54 PM

Hashfast- never bought
cointerra-never bought

If you know me you know I am not a BFL fan by any means, but can you possibly imagine what a reputation they would have had they delivered orders within 60 days of people placing an order!??!?!  Holy Shit could you imagine having a Mini-Rig in June of 2013??

They would have created a lot of rich people. They had the entire market to themselves and they could have done great for their customers but they chose the dark side.

<sigh>

bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

All of my first shipment boards hash, several with dead dies and all run HOT. I've had to underclock/volt to get them to run at safe temps. I'm getting about 2.5THs total.

All of my units came scrambled with some of the heatsinks completely off the chips. But I didn't have any loose parts falling out. Since my first shipment arrived, one of the heatsink fans quit working. The heatsinks are cheap i30 knockoffs and probably well used.

I was also shipped 18 replacement boards so I stupidly ordered 2 more controllers, 12 i30s and 2 1300 EVGA gold PSUs. Of course KNC doesn't provide the IDC ribbon cable nor do they give you the specs for them so of course I ordered the wrong ones.

But while I've waited for the cables, I've tested several of the 2nd batch boards and they do indeed work. Although I'm seeing something strange that I've never seen mentioned before. I get no temperature reading on the main page stats for 3 of the boards that I've tested. I do get temp readings under the advanced tab though. Anyone know what that's about?

i get this too, half of my boards dont display a temperature

also sometimes my machine starts showing 0ghs on the knc interface but at my pool it repoerts hashing

faulty used gear...yum... i got baned from knc for calling sam cole a dirty criminal lel

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:11:14 PM

Sorry, but this sounds like a lot of bullshit. We are NOT a great community. In fact, i am starting to think that bitcoin is a scam.
Among hardware:
Hashfast-scam
BFL-super scam

I have a feeling that i would have to writeoff my bitcoin adventure pretty soon.

Bitcoin is in need of serious escrow service. We laugh at PayPal, and forget that people love them because of 45-days refund system. I've been burned heavily buying BTC hardware and have no doubts that will get burned again in the future.
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 10:44:56 PM by tzortz

Among hardware:
Hashfast-scam
BFL-super scam

Bitcoin is in need of serious escrow service. We laugh at PayPal, and forget that people love them because of 45-days refund system. I've been burned heavily buying BTC hardware and have no doubts that will get burned again in the future.

That was a a very good point.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:38:57 PM

Among hardware:
Hashfast-scam
BFL-super scam

Maybe we have to look back. As a Bitcoin-enthusiast, I sometimes was not as critical against other people as I should have been. But when I look at KnC today, at Robocoin, at the Bitcoin Foundation: I see a lot of faces which I saw years ago in the press because of some huge scams and frauds. Big money has come into the former Bitcoin community. Big - grey - money. And the community didn't care. It is time to start to care. Then - and only then - we can avoid that we will have huge companies like banks which take over everything.
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:43:06 PM

knc are fucking idiot cunts

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:00:39 AM

Those caps look as if they didn't get much flux, and knocked-off fairly easy, and clean. Most of The caps in the pics look like they would solder right back on. Most of the components which came loose look re-usable even, although some look like garbage. The boards are pretty beefy, and the solder points are large. I bet a good portion of the PCB's could be fixed with minimal effort, while others are not.
Someone should head up a group buy effort, and hire a bulk repair shop to whip them out. once they see how simple the repairs actually are, it may be worth the effort... just sayin'.
some place like this....      http://sybesmas.com/site/   could make easy work of a stack of those boards

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: