Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 09:08:00 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 284 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining v0019-1.4  (Read 322209 times)
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:10:09 AM

Any good tips or video to get some type of screenshare working? I know it has teamviewer but it says something about daemon not found. Also i know chrome remote desktop doesnt work unfortunately. This is my first non windows experience.

Using Putty as you recomended I got to the point where i could edit the stats but i want to see the miner like a full screenshare.

Thanks so much for what youve done. I have a rig mining to you ethereum (100mh)

Thanks for the hashes heavyinbitcoin12.  Smiley

I just uploaded a new oneBash that will make using teamviewer slightly easier.

To use teamviewer:

in oneBash set:
Code:
TEAMVIEWER="YES"

If you update you oneBash to the one called:

Newest_oneBash

that is linked at the top of the OP

teamviewer will start with the mining process.

make a free account with teamviewer.

Let me know if this works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:19:23 AM

My hats off to fullzero!  Thank you for taking the time to put together and maintaining this amazing build.  Back in the BTC days I was stuck with Win 7 and finally dived back in when ETH started it's journey to the moon.  Win7 gave me plenty of instability issues, Win10 gave me low hash rates, Xubuntu gave me plenty of instability as well, specifically with GPUs falling off the bus.  Additionally Xubuntu did not utilize the second CPU core, which made a Kaby Lake CPU run 15-20 degrees hotter.  Under your build, the one Kaby Lake CPU I have runs nice and cool using both cores.  nvOC gave me a completely worry free and easy to use solution.  Again, I thank you!   Here is my current setup

7 Rigs total

OS Build: Yours!  nvOc v0017
MSI Z170 Gaming M5 motherboards w/ May 2017 BIOS
Celeron G3900 Skylake CPUs (except 1 Kaby Lake)
8GB of Corsair DDR4
Samsung EVO 750 SSD (overkill, but this was before I was on nvOC)
33 x Gigabyte 1050Ti (stock boost clock 1506) - 12.5Mh/s ea. on these with no oneBash changes
2 x ZOTAC 1070 Amp Editions - still testing these.  I should be able to bump the mem up by 650Mhz, but they are running much hotter than in Win10.  I did the fuzzy %/TDP math and set them at 105W, but no difference.  Work in progress.
1 x EVGA Classified 980Ti (why not, just collecting dust).
TP Link Smart Plugs for emergency shutdown or cluster power cycle
3 x 15 Amp Circuits
Shelly SSH App for iPhone

Total cranking out an average of 500Mh/s

Future additions include adding 2 more cards (one for the 7th slot and hopefully at least 1 more on the m.2 slot).  I would try for a 9th card, but I heard the second m.2 slot will not hash (even though I'm going to try).  And I will be adding a couple more 1070s to the 7th rig cluster. Grin

Glad its working for you.   Smiley

I don't have any Gigabyte 1050Tis; but I imagine they are similar to the EVGA Ti SC.  I would recommend trying these settings for Ethash using genoil:

POWERLIMIT="YES"     

POWERLIMIT_WATTS=53 (or lowest)

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=-200  (or lowest)
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1000  (then bump up until you get a softcrash)

fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:25:57 AM

@ fullzero  

here is a really detailed build of the nvoc0017  with 2 nvidia 1070's on a

GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3 LGA1151 Intel Z270 2-Way Crossfire ATX DDR4 Motherboard.

to all this is a solid board  really good

I tested stable up to 5 amd rx 480's  on win 10 and smos
I tested stable up to 4 1080 ti's on win 10 and win 7  tested up to 3 on nvoc

I am sure it will do 5  on all of the above well maybe not win 7.  I just did not test that high on all os's

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1998198.0

Phil,

Thanks for making a Guide I will link it in the OP.   Smiley

fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:39:18 AM

Newest_oneBash link is up on the OP.

xleejohnx made an SRR implementation for rxOC and nvOC:

it has an SRR switch that works with the SRR file linked next to it.

download SRR and extract it, move it to the:

Code:
/home/m1

folder (the home folder)

set:

Code:
SRR="YES"

in oneBash  and it will launch with the mining process in a guake terminal tab

Make sure you thank xleejohnx for making the implementation and tytanick for making the SRR.   Smiley

Added the following coin selections:
Code:
DMD  GRS  ZPOOL_LYRA2V2  ZPOOL_BLAKE2S

added auto launch of teamviewer GUI when set to YES

added lspci and nvidia settings output to the top of the mining process

I changed the autonaming scheme to be nv<rig_host_address>:

worker names will default to nvXYZ your rig host address (last 3 digits of rig IP)

if your rig host address is less than 100 it will default to nv-XY or nv-X

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:43:16 AM

@ fullzero  

I am sure it will do 5  on all of the above well maybe not win 7.  I just did not test that high on all os's

Phil,

Thanks for making a Guide I will link it in the OP.   Smiley

I tried to  keep it at newbie level .

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
salfter

Activity: 627

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 02:52:31 AM

This afternoon, I knocked together a simple profitability auto-switcher that works with nvOC and NiceHash:

https://gitlab.com/salfter/nvoc-nicehash-switcher

It might also work if you're mining elsewhere, though profitability is determined by NiceHash (as exposed through their API).  It's a Python script that gathers information about what's profitable and calls shell scripts to reconfigure overclocking settings and launch miners on a per-algorithm basis.  It replaces oneBash for normal operation; oneBash is only needed for initial setup or to add/remove GPUs (it manages /etc/X11/xorg.conf).

My Bitgem Pool - PPLNS, Stratum | BTG Explorer
Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR BTG gTipsVB9qmyYHuqMMKTuCYMHpfkUFBXKrZ | My Bitcoin Note Generator
salfter

Activity: 627

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 03:04:41 AM

I didn't change any IPv6 settings with nvOC.  I'm not sure what the problem might be.  If you figure it out let me know, so I can apply it for the next version.

The cmd:

Code:
sudo dhclient -v -r

(might help solve the problem, but probably not)

As you guessed, it didn't help.

there is a website:

test-ipv6.com

it attempts to help you identify the source of IPv6 problems; it might help, but probably will only tell you what you already know.

I tried bringing this up in Links, but it needs JavaScript to work.  I'd need to move the rig closer to where I can plug in a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to see what SJWfox says...maybe tomorrow, as I also want to move nvOC off of an SD card in a USB reader stick to the mining rig's M.2 SATA SSD.

In the meantime, I've gotten enough of a workaround set up that (1) apt-get upgrade works and (2) I have an auto-switcher up and running, as mentioned in my previous post.

My Bitgem Pool - PPLNS, Stratum | BTG Explorer
Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR BTG gTipsVB9qmyYHuqMMKTuCYMHpfkUFBXKrZ | My Bitcoin Note Generator
smokinggun46

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:11:35 AM

I noticed a second terminal can be run that auto executes the onebash script, essentially running two (?) instances of ewbf miner on the same PC.  Sol/s drops 30%, but i exited the second one before seeing any results.  I might test it out more later, i wonder if i can run 2 instances, but at 70% solo rate; which still nets 40% more. 

I'm sure people here and full zero mustk now this doesn't work in the way i'm thinking.
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:34:42 AM

I didn't change any IPv6 settings with nvOC.  I'm not sure what the problem might be.  If you figure it out let me know, so I can apply it for the next version.

The cmd:

Code:
sudo dhclient -v -r

there is a website:

test-ipv6.com

it attempts to help you identify the source of IPv6 problems; it might help, but probably will only tell you what you already know.

I tried bringing this up in Links, but it needs JavaScript to work.  I'd need to move the rig closer to where I can plug in a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to see what SJWfox says...maybe tomorrow, as I also want to move nvOC off of an SD card in a USB reader stick to the mining rig's M.2 SATA SSD.

In the meantime, I've gotten enough of a workaround set up that (1) apt-get upgrade works and (2) I have an auto-switcher up and running, as mentioned in my previous post.

It will be nice when there is no more NAT to deal with; although there will need to be better parameter security.

This afternoon, I knocked together a simple profitability auto-switcher that works with nvOC and NiceHash:

It might also work if you're mining elsewhere, though profitability is determined by NiceHash (as exposed through their API).  It's a Python script that gathers information about what's profitable and calls shell scripts to reconfigure overclocking settings and launch miners on a per-algorithm basis.  It replaces oneBash for normal operation; oneBash is only needed for initial setup or to add/remove GPUs (it manages /etc/X11/xorg.conf).

Nice work  Smiley

I will integrate this into the next oneBash / v0018. 

I will keep your default BTC address and ensure it is clear you implemented the instantaneous profit switching algorithm.

I do think with when using different algos in makes sense to have different clocks; however I don't think the settings for those should be spread out over a bunch of different bash files.

I will bring all the settings inside oneBash and make a:

SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING="YES"    YES / NO switch

Using your implementation; it should only require a few modifications to implement other targets such as 'lowest difficulty out of a given set of coins' and more. 

Thanks for providing another tool to the community,  Smiley

fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:41:25 AM

I noticed a second terminal can be run that auto executes the onebash script, essentially running two (?) instances of ewbf miner on the same PC.  Sol/s drops 30%, but i exited the second one before seeing any results.  I might test it out more later, i wonder if i can run 2 instances, but at 70% solo rate; which still nets 40% more.  

I'm sure people here and full zero mustk now this doesn't work in the way i'm thinking.

It is highly unlikely there will be gains from running multiple instances of the same mining client; but I am open to experiments.  

You run multiple instances (it will be a lot less stable; the more so with each additional instance).

Let me know if you think it makes a difference.

atlasprime

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:56:54 AM

Firstly thank you for this offering. Its my first time working with linux and it has been Quite educational and refreshing from windows.

My first issue thus far involves startup. Once the UI appears, terminal opens but repeatly says onebash does not exist. If i close terminal and reopen, it processes the bash and begins mining. Thoughts?

My second problem is a hard freeze though this happened in windows as well. I think i have a bad riser in the mix.
ijduncan

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:12:41 AM

Nice work  Smiley

I will keep your default BTC address and ensure it is clear you implemented the instantaneous profit switching algorithm.

I do think with when using different algos in makes sense to have different clocks; however I don't think the settings for those should be spread out over a bunch of different bash files.

Using your implementation; it should only require a few modifications to implement other targets such as 'lowest difficulty out of a given set of coins' and more. 

[/quote]

This is really amazing work.
citronick

Activity: 798

winter*juvia

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:22:43 AM

Nice work  Smiley

This is really amazing work.
[/quote]

wow.... genius!

Citronick's Beer & Chicken Wings Fund : 32oo5tk1RfTbndrUjWvHJ9yT3bb2EyQYkq
newmz

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:58:33 AM

@ fullzero  

Can I ask: why do you go for the higher end CPU?

I've been running 2 eth rigs on Asrock H81 Pro BTC boards for over a year, mostly using Ethos (which is an AMD linux mining distro). I recently started to convert to Nvidia so I'm using the same setup but one of them now using nvOC and 2 1070s + 3 1060s. I always used the cheapest low end pentium (I forget exactly which - 2 cores 3.3GHz) and it was always fine. Seems fine in nvOC so far too. Unless you want to run that XMR CPU miner I guess.
Nexillus

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:59:55 PM

The cmd:

Code:
sudo dhclient -v -r

there is a website:

test-ipv6.com

It will be nice when there is no more NAT to deal with; although there will need to be better parameter security.

Nice work  Smiley

This is an AWESOME idea! I was curious though, do you really make more it being converted to BTC right away or mining the coins directly? Anyone with some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Bitrated user: nexillus.
f00ch0w

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:30:23 PM

Seems like 6x pin powered risers solved my issue with 1050ti's crashing. Thanks a lot @fullzero and others

Now, I'm interested, is there a way to see all rigs on API and to be able to see that from outside network? If so, how to configure it with router? I got a MikroTik behind the 24-port switch.
achalmersman

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

Sorry im a Genoil newb.  I was using Claymore until nvOC 17 and now that I am using Genoil I am getting some crashes possibly from overclock.  Is there a switch or a watchdog or something to auto restart Genoil like Claymore does?  I've lowered the OC a bit.  For now it could be down for hours before I realize Genoil crashed.  With Claymore I could just look back and see if it reset itself / instable etc.  Thanks a bunch !!
Gaza8143

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:10:52 PM

Hi guys I am very happy with the stability of my rig but I am still trying to get my head around the overclocking.

I dont seem to get much difference between the following combos

Cc 100  mem 100
Cc 100 mem 600
CC 100 mem 1100
Cc -100 mem 1100
CC -200 mem 1100

They all yeild around 24.5 MHs on ETH and 570 MHs in SC

Sometimes I get some nice results which I cant get again.  For example I tried CC -50 and mem 1100 and I had 27 ETH and 570 SC

I tried some other settings then decided -50 and 1100 was the winner only to find this time I get my normal 25 ETH results.  After writing down 50 different combinations and re doing them 3x each I am convinced they all do the same thing.

If I use these cards in windows I can hit 28 ETH and 530 SC with MSI after burner.

I am using ASUS GTX 1070 Turbos which are lower end 1070s unfortunately.  ( Im not expecting founders edition results! )

I did have the one video card setup issue which caused my xorg to default but this is now fixed. ( I can see all card limits set when terminal opens and I can see the settings on the Nvidia server )

Im thinking maybe my process is wrong or am I simply wanting too much out of the cards?

To try new settings I close terminal, edit onebash, save onebash, close onebash and open terminal.  ( do I need yo reatart nvOC at the power? )

I write down the first 10 results and take the average.

With MSI afterburner when I move the sliders I see some big changes but with nvOC the numbers change by small increments and if I do get a big jump I cant seem to re produce it with identical settings at a future date.

If my process is wrong or if my results are about right in Linux I would aporeciate the feedback, thanks!

gyoztes

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:09:21 PM

Hi Guys,

I continue the trying to switch to dwarfpool from nanopool. v17 nvOC, same hw and other sw params, just the pool is the different.

claymore:

ETH - Total Speed: 211.976 Mh/s, Total Shares: 832, Rejected: 0, Time: 02:11
ETH: GPU0 30.360 Mh/s, GPU1 30.396 Mh/s, GPU2 30.362 Mh/s, GPU3 30.394 Mh/s, GPU4 30.543 Mh/s, GPU5 29.973 Mh/s, GPU6 29.947 Mh/s

genoil:

m  03:45:20|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 182.44MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:21|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 190.81MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:21|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 185.98MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:22|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 189.03MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:22|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 182.75MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:23|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 186.61MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:24|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 178.26MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:24|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 187.75MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:25|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 183.28MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:25|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 189.52MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  03:45:26|ethminer  Mining on PoWhash #7a75ced3 : 183.68MH/s [A3+0:R0+0:F0]

Can anybody explain the difference? The genoil is the worse, I dont know why.

I use an other rig exactly the same hw and sw just genoil and nanopool. Here I got 216 MH/s.

Any idea or suggession?

Thank you!

What are your settings?

for 1070s with genoil I would use:

Code:
POWERLIMIT="YES"             

POWERLIMIT_WATTS=110

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=-200
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=900

MANUAL_FAN="YES"   

FAN_SPEED=75    or higher

note the core clock is negative:  -200

power limit: 100
core: 110
mem: 1300

I tried your settings and nothing changed. :-(

nanopool + genoil: 216, dwarfpool + genoil: 180

I have written to dwarfpool admin but have not got solution.

Any new idea?

I like the nanopool's web admin page but do not like the 1% fee. I would like to switch only for this. What your favourite pool and why?

Thanks!
jmooney5115

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:28:47 PM

...do you really make more it being converted to BTC right away or mining the coins directly? Anyone with some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My experience it is about the same, without the need to exchange to BTC. I've mined some ETH and HUSH straight to my wallet. I've also spent a lot of time mining for NiceHash. It is nice getting BTC up front and it's simple.

For example, say you mine ZEC for a week and don't exchange for BTC/USD. If ZEC value drops and BTC stays the same you can lose money while mining straight ZEC.

BTC: 16tbBnNsdxVpwf8ZuUXehv3PG5TEEHn5wV
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 284 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.