Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
tempgoga

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:48:04 PM

For everyone that have stability problems where the OS hangs or slows down to a halt, this is due to Xorg taking 100% of one of the cpu cores, as far as i can tell this usually only begins after some kind of soft crash from overclocking/undervolting, i've googled my ass off and found a few references of people claiming to have solved this problem by configuring Xorg to run from the integrated intel GPU and leaving the nvidia cards to pure computations, my linux know how is Very limited so this is more of a question for fullzero.

what do you think Fullzero?

This change could possibly improve stability with higher OC on the primary GPU; but it would also introduce other problems into the system which don't currently exist.  

Using the Integrated graphics lowers the number of GPUs which can be supported; as it both uses more system resources and increases the load on the CPU significantly.

You might have noticed; other mining OSes which use this method only support 8x GPUs.  

With the 12x biostar nearly here, I don't think this is the right change to make.  If the biostar can actually run 12x GPUs then I will for sure; not make this alteration.  If it can only support 9x or less GPUs then I will consider making the change.

I see, well i guess its back to monitoring xorg and rebooting if its running at 100% cpu for more then a few minutes..

I just copied the content of the claymore 9.7 into 9.5 folder and run the miner. So far I'm getting 190mh/s mining eth from 6 nvidia gtx 1070 as for the 9.5 - the version on the 0017 onebash I was getting 183mh/s. Thinking this is a must to be implemented as soon as possible. PS- sry for my english Wink)

I will add 9.7 to the next version;

right now it should be simple to do what you have done.

download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B69wv2iqszefdFZUV2toUG5HdlU

then extract the miner into the 9.5 folder

replacing the 9.5 version

Just added the new version and on the exact same clocks and power limit i went from dual mining ETH/SIA @ 204/2750 Mh/s to 217/2900 Mh/s, quite the improvement! thats like 6%!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:25:40 PM

I went to try to add the watchdog script, I made both scripts but I guess I am a bit confused on how to get it to work between the system booting up running terminal and these two.

As if you try to launch the second, it will error out with the original terminal running.
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:35:12 PM

@Fullzero...

Just test new onebash with SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING

The mining and profit switching worked fine.

Unfortunately something in the new onebash or Salfter swith is crashing TeamViewer hard and killing the internet connection (wifi).

I have tested this for a while now and if I say "YES" to TV within seconds TV crashes and I lose internet.

Maybe I am losing internet first and that crashes TV. Not sure.

Just switched back to onebash 17 and all is fine again.

Just letting you know before release of 18.

Anyways your doing a great thing! Keep rockin Smiley
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:32:52 PM

With the 12x biostar nearly here, I don't think this is the right change to make.  If the biostar can actually run 12x GPUs then I will for sure; not make this alteration.  If it can only support 9x or less GPUs then I will consider making the change.

Speaking of 12gpu motherboards, I've got an ASRock 13 GPU board arriving next week.  Any thoughts on how to configure nvOC with an ASRock to get as many as possible of the GPUs running NVidia?  (my current board is an ASRock z270 that loads 6 GPUs without too much trouble, but the new board is H110, not Z270)  I've got 9 GPUs on hand to try - 8 1070s and a 980 ti.

In theory v0017+ can support 14 GPUs (13 + 1 via m2 adapter with that ASRock mobo).

But the chipset might not currently be supported and there are likely other system changes needed.  I need one of those mobos to test.  Where did you order one from?

I got mine from Newegg.. according to ASRock, Newegg is expecting another shipment to arrive next week so you might want to setup an autonotify on the website.
He also did not provide any other distributors that I could check for stock, so newegg might be the only source for them right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157781
lbrasi

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:49:27 PM

I have had a lot of requests for this; so here is a new oneBash and modded switch file which implement full integration of SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING

see the OP for links:

Replace your current oneBash with the new one.

extract switch and move it to the:
Code:
 /home/m1

directory

(the one which opens when you click the Files icon on the left)

configure the following in oneBash

Code:
SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING="YES"

# LOCAL will attach the mining process to the guake terminal
# REMOTE will leave it unattached / ready for SSH
LOCALorREMOTE="LOCAL"       # LOCAL  or  REMOTE

CURRENCY=USD
POWER_COST=0.10
MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0
# this is salfters BTC address:
PAYMENT_ADDRESS=1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2
WORKER_NAME=nv$IP_AS_WORKER

daggerhashimoto_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__daggerhashimoto_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
daggerhashimoto_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______daggerhashimoto_FAN_SPEED=75

equihash_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__equihash_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
equihash_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______equihash_FAN_SPEED=75

neoscrypt_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__neoscrypt_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
neoscrypt_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______neoscrypt_FAN_SPEED=75

lyra2rev2_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__lyra2rev2_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
lyra2rev2_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______lyra2rev2_FAN_SPEED=75

lbry_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__lbry_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
lbry_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______lbry_FAN_SPEED=75

pascal_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=125
__pascal_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
pascal_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100
_______pascal_FAN_SPEED=75

remember to thank salfter if you use this  Smiley

Thanks for implementing this, but for some odd reason I keep getting two instances of the miner screen running which causes the system to crash, I will do some more testing to try and figure out what is going on.

EDIT: Actually the kill code does not seem to work causing multiple miner screens, this is how the system is crashing.

Are you using LOCAL or REMOTE?

Please walk me through how you got multiple instances running so I can recreate this myself.

I am using REMOTE.  I am connecting via SSH attaching the screen with "screen -r miner"
for testing purposes I am altering the algo speed manually in the switch file waiting 10 mins for it to change and I noticed it is hit and miss for the kill code to function correctly.  I am also experiencing for LBRY and LYRA the mining process is executed twice.

Maybe I should start from scratch...
flminer

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:03:43 AM

Just tried nvOC v0017 on an ASROCK X370 Gaming K4 motherboard and it does not recognize the hardware.
trillobeat

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:38:36 AM

Started mining with nvOC v0017 on Asrock B250M Pro4 motherboard, 2x Zotac gtx1070 Mini.
During the first run, the Ubuntu loading screen hung for some time and did not go past the orange/white dots but after a restart the nvOC loaded properly and started mining zec at nicehash  about 400sol/s per card @103-105W per card.    Settings are:  power limit 105, core 200, mem 10

Keep up the good work Fullzero!  Smiley
IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:15:28 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 04:10:16 AM by IAmNotAJeep

I went to try to add the watchdog script, I made both scripts but I guess I am a bit confused on how to get it to work between the system booting up running terminal and these two.

As if you try to launch the second, it will error out with the original terminal running.

Hi Nexilius, you need to kill the terminal first.
It's important to run the oneBash per bootup to set all the variables, after that:
ssh into the box
kill the terminal:

$ kill $(ps aux | grep '[t]ermina' | awk '{print $2}')

then run the other two scripts as daemons:

$screen -dmS ltail sh ~/eth/Genoil-U/ltail
$screen -dmS ett bash ~/ett

It's not elegant by any means but solid enough 9/10 times etherminer crashes out. This approach does not catch the soft crashes, but I should have a working bandaid for that tomorrow.

monitor mining status:
$screen -r ltail
then
$ctrl-a | <---don't forget the pipe
ctrl-a tab <---- to move to the right screen
ctrl-a c <---- new prompt
screen -r ett <------ to get the output of ethminer on the right screen, when it dies and ltail kills it, just up arrow to get "screen -r ett" again to monitor the new process

Like I said, not elegant, but stable enough (2+ days uptime before needing reboot).
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:27:34 AM

@Fullzero...

Just test new onebash with SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING

The mining and profit switching worked fine.

Unfortunately something in the new onebash or Salfter swith is crashing TeamViewer hard and killing the internet connection (wifi).

I have tested this for a while now and if I say "YES" to TV within seconds TV crashes and I lose internet.

Maybe I am losing internet first and that crashes TV. Not sure.

Just switched back to onebash 17 and all is fine again.

Just letting you know before release of 18.

Anyways your doing a great thing! Keep rockin Smiley

Thanks for telling me.

I just uploaded a new oneBash and switch file that might fix this problem; try them and let me know.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:40:37 AM

I have had a lot of requests for this; so here is a new oneBash and modded switch file which implement full integration of SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING

see the OP for links:

Code:
 /home/m1

directory

Code:

CURRENCY=USD
POWER_COST=0.10
MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0

_______lbry_FAN_SPEED=75

Thanks for implementing this, but for some odd reason I keep getting two instances of the miner screen running which causes the system to crash, I will do some more testing to try and figure out what is going on.

EDIT: Actually the kill code does not seem to work causing multiple miner screens, this is how the system is crashing.

Please walk me through how you got multiple instances running so I can recreate this myself.

I am using REMOTE.  I am connecting via SSH attaching the screen with "screen -r miner"
for testing purposes I am altering the algo speed manually in the switch file waiting 10 mins for it to change and I noticed it is hit and miss for the kill code to function correctly.  I am also experiencing for LBRY and LYRA the mining process is executed twice.

I tested the same way; changing the speed of one algo to force a switch.  I also changed the timeout in oneBash to 10 seconds instead of 600.

I tested this out and found salfters logic works well for switching between Ethash and Equihash; but not any of the other algos.  

It does seem to endlessly spawn new ccminer instances as well.  

I don't want to spend a lot of time on this; so I implemented killing all mining processes every time: then launching a new one.  It should work without issue now.

I also edited the oneBash logic to conditionally add salfters IPv6 fix, and reattach the screen to the guake terminal every reinit when in local mode.

If you have added the cronjob:

Code:
0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * (cd /media/m1/1263-A96E && python2.7 switch.py)

I would remove it; as the oneBash implementation doesn't use it: and it may be (most likely is) causing additional launches of salfters original switch.

Note: I uploaded a new oneBash and switch with these changes.  They are linked on the OP.

RMH

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:44:24 AM

First off thanks for all the work Fullzero!  

I've been fighting with Win10 on my rig for a month.  Can't get it to recognize any more than 3 of my 1070 cards, and one always is disabled with an error.  So I've decided to dump Win10.

I've just got nvoc 0017 running with my old USB 2.0 stick on my ASUS Prime Z270-A with 6 Geforce GTX 1070s rig and I am not sure now how to get the mining started.  

I guess I was under the impression that it would start automatically on boot but I must have missed something in the setup.  It's just sitting there with the terminal screen open.  

Also in the Nvidia X server settings it's also only recognizing 3 of the 1070 gpus.  I'm hoping this is something that can be easily worked out as I'd hate to think that 3 of the 6 1070's I have only had for a month are bad.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:45:39 AM

Just tried nvOC v0017 on an ASROCK X370 Gaming K4 motherboard and it does not recognize the hardware.

I don't have a x370 mobo and haven't added support for the chipset. 

You can do this by:

Click Ubuntu button on top left and type:

u

Click on software updater

Install updates

If you can't get ubuntu to boot:

If the bios posts; you can access the grub loader menu by pressing

esc

continuously while booting (note holding it down doesn't usually work), then select boot in recovery mode. 

in recovery mode:

Enable networking

then install updates from the cmd prompt:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --yes

and reboot

this should ensure your build has all known system files for your system.
lbrasi

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:50:03 AM

see the OP for links:

Code:
 /home/m1

directory

Code:

CURRENCY=USD
POWER_COST=0.10
MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0

_______lbry_FAN_SPEED=75

I am using REMOTE.  I am connecting via SSH attaching the screen with "screen -r miner"
for testing purposes I am altering the algo speed manually in the switch file waiting 10 mins for it to change and I noticed it is hit and miss for the kill code to function correctly.  I am also experiencing for LBRY and LYRA the mining process is executed twice.

I tested the same way; changing the speed of one algo to force a switch.  I also changed the timeout in oneBash to 10 seconds instead of 600.

I tested this out and found salfters logic works well for switching between Ethash and Equihash; but not any of the other algos.  

I don't want to spend a lot of time on this; so I implemented killing all mining processes every time: then launching a new one.  It should work without issue now.

I also edited the oneBash logic to conditionally add salfters IPv6 fix, and reattach the screen to the guake terminal every reinit when in local mode.

Code:

I would remove it; as the oneBash implementation doesn't use it: and it may be (most likely is) causing additional launches of salfters original switch.

Note: I uploaded a new oneBash and switch with these changes.  They are linked on the OP.

Thank you, I use use the new switch now Smiley
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:50:34 AM

Started mining with nvOC v0017 on Asrock B250M Pro4 motherboard, 2x Zotac gtx1070 Mini.
During the first run, the Ubuntu loading screen hung for some time and did not go past the orange/white dots but after a restart the nvOC loaded properly and started mining zec at nicehash  about 400sol/s per card @103-105W per card.    Settings are:  power limit 105, core 200, mem 10

Keep up the good work Fullzero!  Smiley

Unless your power is very expensive; I recommend using a powerlimit of 125 or more when mining ZEC with 1070s.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:56:18 AM

I've been fighting with Win10 on my rig for a month.  Can't get it to recognize any more than 3 of my 1070 cards, and one always is disabled with an error.  So I've decided to dump Win10.

I've just got nvoc 0017 running with my old USB 2.0 stick on my ASUS Prime Z270-A with 6 Geforce GTX 1070s rig and I am not sure now how to get the mining started.  

I guess I was under the impression that it would start automatically on boot but I must have missed something in the setup.  It's just sitting there with the terminal screen open.  

Also in the Nvidia X server settings it's also only recognizing 3 of the 1070 gpus.  I'm hoping this is something that can be easily worked out as I'd hate to think that 3 of the 6 1070's I have only had for a month are bad.

If you had the same problem with windows only recognizing 3 out of 6 GPUs; this indicates there is most likely a hardware problem.

Have you tried swapping your risers?

How are you powering your risers?

What kind of risers are you using?

If you run with only 3x GPUs and it works:

swap out the 3 working GPUs with the 3 that aren't being recognized and see if they work.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:57:22 AM

see the OP for links:

Code:
 /home/m1

directory

Code:

CURRENCY=USD
POWER_COST=0.10
MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0

_______lbry_FAN_SPEED=75

Code:

Thanks for finding this problem; let me know if find any others.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:59:37 AM

With the 12x biostar nearly here, I don't think this is the right change to make.  If the biostar can actually run 12x GPUs then I will for sure; not make this alteration.  If it can only support 9x or less GPUs then I will consider making the change.

Speaking of 12gpu motherboards, I've got an ASRock 13 GPU board arriving next week.  Any thoughts on how to configure nvOC with an ASRock to get as many as possible of the GPUs running NVidia?  (my current board is an ASRock z270 that loads 6 GPUs without too much trouble, but the new board is H110, not Z270)  I've got 9 GPUs on hand to try - 8 1070s and a 980 ti.

In theory v0017+ can support 14 GPUs (13 + 1 via m2 adapter with that ASRock mobo).

But the chipset might not currently be supported and there are likely other system changes needed.  I need one of those mobos to test.  Where did you order one from?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-in-BOX-ASRock-Technology-H110-PRO-BTC-H110-mining-board-support-13-graphics-card-DDR4/32822043486.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.GrsVzE

With the 12x biostar nearly here, I don't think this is the right change to make.  If the biostar can actually run 12x GPUs then I will for sure; not make this alteration.  If it can only support 9x or less GPUs then I will consider making the change.

Speaking of 12gpu motherboards, I've got an ASRock 13 GPU board arriving next week.  Any thoughts on how to configure nvOC with an ASRock to get as many as possible of the GPUs running NVidia?  (my current board is an ASRock z270 that loads 6 GPUs without too much trouble, but the new board is H110, not Z270)  I've got 9 GPUs on hand to try - 8 1070s and a 980 ti.

But the chipset might not currently be supported and there are likely other system changes needed.  I need one of those mobos to test.  Where did you order one from?

I got mine from Newegg.. according to ASRock, Newegg is expecting another shipment to arrive next week so you might want to setup an autonotify on the website.
He also did not provide any other distributors that I could check for stock, so newegg might be the only source for them right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157781

Thanks for links.    Smiley
pixelizedchaos

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:04:29 AM

So while I am not mining ZEC at the moment, when using nanopool with Nvoc, where would I add my email so I can change payout on nanopool.

Also could you elaborate on the Minimum profit = 0.0? is it like a percentage?

Btw on my toes for v0018!!! I can't wait super excited!
lbrasi

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:10:17 AM

see the OP for links:

Code:
 /home/m1

directory

Code:

CURRENCY=USD
POWER_COST=0.10
MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0

_______lbry_FAN_SPEED=75

Code:

Thanks for finding this problem; let me know if find any others.

No problem I will let you know if I find anything else.  Also do you believe killing the miner every 10 mins will impact performance/hash rates reporting to nicehash? Can this possibly mean less of a payout?
RMH

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:18:11 AM

If you had the same problem with windows only recognizing 3 out of 6 GPUs; this indicates there is most likely a hardware problem.

Have you tried swapping your risers?

How are you powering your risers?

What kind of risers are you using?

If you run with only 3x GPUs and it works:

swap out the 3 working GPUs with the 3 that aren't being recognized and see if they work.

Actually hardware wise I've already change motherboards thinking it was the MSI Z170A SLI Plus that I started out with.  I sent it back to Amazon earlier this week and ordered the Asus.

The risers are directly powered by the SATA cable from the PSU.  These are the risers... https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Powered-Extension-Adapter-Card-Currency/dp/B072MFBYCM/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1499386958&sr=1-10&keywords=PCIe%2BPowered%2BRiser%2BAdapter%2BCard%2B-%2BUSB%2B3.0%2BPCIe%2B1x%2Bto%2B16x%2BExtender%2BCard%2B-%2B6-Pin%2BPCI-E%2Bto%2BSATA%2BPower%2BCable&th=1

Yes I have swapped them around many time, but when I was on win10, haven't yet with nvoc as I just got it going tonight.  All of them worked in that testing.

Just a side note here....  I shut down the rig after I posted the first post and just powered it back a few mins ago.  Getting this scrolling on the terminal now...

bash: /media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash: Permission denied
dos2unix: /media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash: No such file or directory
dos2unix: Skipping /media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash, not a regular file.

I have to laugh at myself cause I've obviously dorked something up I guess.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: