Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:41:12 AM

You need to be constantly worried about being arrested in your country as illegitimate. This should be the biggest risk for bitcoin, but I think it would be hard to be investigated and evidenced by keeping it in a private wallet.

It all depends on your government's attitude towards bitcoin, as long as it is not prohibited then you can freely use without doing some things that are forbidden, in bitcoin asia can only be transacted as a medium of exchange and not as a means of direct payments. For crypto HYIP/gambling investment is strictly prohibited but some countries also do not consider it a problem.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:45:19 AM

Well, the risk can not be measured, because it could be an advantage. but in every business that has a lot of profits, of course the risk will be very large. the more profits you can get, the greater the risk

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:46:44 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
In investing, theres a high chance to take a risk like now you planned to buy bitcoin cause you think its price will increase next. We know that the bitcoin is unstable and fluctuating so we not sure the guarantee of higher price of bitcoin will sure next time. And you called that risk. You willing to gambling or face whay might come happen
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:48:59 AM

Every investment has risk. Those who face the risk will make more on the investment but sometimes you need face challenge while investing because Bitcoin is biggest voltaile when compared to other market so think twice before investing.
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:21:02 AM

Every investment has risk. Those who face the risk will make more on the investment but sometimes you need face challenge while investing because Bitcoin is biggest voltaile when compared to other market so think twice before investing.
Bitcoin is considered as a high risk investment but one of the best investment so far if you based on its performance.
You can risk to invest but make sure you invest what you think you can afford to lose, it's still very important to learn how to diversify your portfolio.

junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:16:25 AM

With investment money in bitcoin is risky, certainly bitcoin we drop by up to 100% because even lost stolen hackers, there is no guarantee bitcoin system of safe from thieves.
Can't your fiat money be stolen ? Or your investments in stocks/bonds are coming with zero risk for your money ? Bitcoin is just another type of investment so it also comes with all usual risks typically an investment will be having.

100% drop is only possible with lost bitcoins, value will never drop that much. But, honestly compared to any other investment types like bank deposits/real estate opportunities, I believe bitcoin investment is good as it is fetching high returns in quick times and hence I am ready to bear the risks it is having.
Bitcoin has a risk but not that high for an investment because the price is getting stable now because the supply is well distributed to the new users who demanded bitcoins from an exchange. Bitcoin is one of the best investment as well as real estate investment because they are both almost safe investment for me.

Do you really believe that real estate is a safe investment? This is not entirely true. Maybe is more resistant in time but real estate follows the development and economic progress of the country which is located. As an example look the prices in UK before and after brexit.
Probably a safe investment in developing countries, Malaysia, Indonesia, some south American countries.
I met a couple once who bought a big house in Cambodia for 20 000 EUR a few years ago, now it is worth 100 000 at least.
But not everyone can invest in real estate, and for now, the profit made with Bitcoin is more interesting and obviously much quicker.
Don't be too greedy with Altcoins though (or pray you get lucky.)  Smiley 
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:22:22 AM

Good question to ask because Its volatile, the prize of bitcoin depend on it market demand,cyber attacks and untraceable transaction
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:33:10 AM

Many thinks that Bitcoin is not risked and investing in it will give you a huge benefit.
Actually their thoughts used to be true earlier in this year when Bitcoin is about 4000 USD, it was not risked at all. But now when it is 7000 USD and after this crazy raise in less than two months it is risked and I have fears that it will have a great fall so be carefull.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:38:13 AM

I think all investments have risks, bitcoin and other investments also have risks, I think bitcoin has a lower risk than other investments such as stocks, for now I only store altcoin, because for me the price of bitcoin is too expensive.
Imperalta09

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:49:59 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
In a investment like bitcoin there is always a risk where having a investment like other investment like stock market franchise or business a risk is a normal thingnto deal with so i guess when it comes in bitcoin it is also risky even when we can see the continues going up of bitcoinprice in the market in just a small time it could easily go down.
Darkrulerx

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:55:26 AM

With investment money in bitcoin is risky, certainly bitcoin we drop by up to 100% because even lost stolen hackers, there is no guarantee bitcoin system of safe from thieves.
Can't your fiat money be stolen ? Or your investments in stocks/bonds are coming with zero risk for your money ? Bitcoin is just another type of investment so it also comes with all usual risks typically an investment will be having.

100% drop is only possible with lost bitcoins, value will never drop that much. But, honestly compared to any other investment types like bank deposits/real estate opportunities, I believe bitcoin investment is good as it is fetching high returns in quick times and hence I am ready to bear the risks it is having.
Bitcoin has a risk but not that high for an investment because the price is getting stable now because the supply is well distributed to the new users who demanded bitcoins from an exchange. Bitcoin is one of the best investment as well as real estate investment because they are both almost safe investment for me.

Do you really believe that real estate is a safe investment? This is not entirely true. Maybe is more resistant in time but real estate follows the development and economic progress of the country which is located. As an example look the prices in UK before and after brexit.
Probably a safe investment in developing countries, Malaysia, Indonesia, some south American countries.
I met a couple once who bought a big house in Cambodia for 20 000 EUR a few years ago, now it is worth 100 000 at least.
But not everyone can invest in real estate, and for now, the profit made with Bitcoin is more interesting and obviously much quicker.
I agree with you but it is safe for me too and we are a developed country since way back i will say it is not risky if you earn them you do not even have to invest anything at all just earn everything and you will make profit.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:01:58 AM

I agree with you but it is safe for me too and we are a developed country since way back i will say it is not risky if you earn them you do not even have to invest anything at all just earn everything and you will make profit.
I guess you mean earning Bitcoin by joining signature campaigns, in that case I agree. You will need time though to earn like 0.1 BTC, then 0.2 BTC but be patient and dedicated, Rome was not built in one day...
MRY

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 11:02:23 AM

the risks to investing in bitcoin may be small and the risk is only when the price suddenly goes down but things like that really do not have to worry about because at some point the price will definitely rise again

sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:05:59 AM

the risk is price can drop or up anytime , so be ready if you gonna do short , or if you do longterm you must ready if it price will crash ...
Frostyroar

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:07:43 AM

I guess you mean earning Bitcoin by joining signature campaigns, in that case I agree. You will need time though to earn like 0.1 BTC, then 0.2 BTC but be patient and dedicated, Rome was not built in one day...
I agree with you earning 0.1 BTC a day is almost impossible unless you have been here way too long and know how it all works i have a friend who earns that amount and he is doing this for 3 years so that will take the time.
Britegrafter

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:09:54 AM

I agree with you earning 0.1 BTC a day is almost impossible unless you have been here way too long and know how it all works i have a friend who earns that amount and he is doing this for 3 years so that will take the time.
That is true i do not earn anything at all at the moment but i do think i can earn that after 3 years because my rank would be every high and i would know a lot more about it than you think so i would be able to earn 0.1 BTC a day.
Biglistener

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:11:57 AM

That is true i do not earn anything at all at the moment but i do think i can earn that after 3 years because my rank would be every high and i would know a lot more about it than you think so i would be able to earn 0.1 BTC a day.
Why do you think you can earn 0.1 BTC a day after 3 years i do not think that that is even possible to get because you are earning a couple of 900 dollars a day that is a crazy amount for someone to earn.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:13:42 AM

Risk always involve in crypto world. About how much is the risk is depends your plan.
But in trading, best way is holding in some separate amount of altcoin. So we keep bitcoin also altcoin.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

Probably the biggest risk to the future success of Bitcoin as both a currency and as an investment class is regulatory risk. If China, for example, decides to ban its citizens from holding bitcoin, the price of the digital currency would crash. China is by far the largest market for bitcoin trading, with over 90 percent of trading occurring in the People’s Republic. Hence, any negative regulatory changes would have a direct impact on the world’s bitcoin investment.
Eroanwan

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:23:03 AM

It is actually very risky to invest in bitcoin because it can also go down very hard as we can see bitcoin was montsh ago nearly 5k worth but then it fell to 3k in a week.

So everything is possible my friend even bitcoin who is the main coin can fall down.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: