Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:24:27 AM

Imagine lots of shops issuing these tokens, the public will start using them because they get discounts and benefits for holding them

Maybe I am getting sidetracked, but could it happen that some less morally inclined personnel might embezzle a portion of those tokens that are as you say obviously valuable?

I'm actually glad you brought this up the open nature of a blockchain based rewards system actually lowers the chance of an individual within a merchants company committing fraud, as every interaction is trackable and verifiable, unlike a traditional database system that is more easily manipulated.

In my country when a merchant makes a good campaign, personnel embezzles all of them and you can't apply it. It is a disgrace.

And reading that it can prevent with gatcoin is marvelous.

I hope one day you will be in my country too.

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:34:11 AM

One of the thing that must be taken into account is that fidelity is a way for companies to gain access to personal datas on consumers which is a great thing economically speaking for them.

A system like Gatcoin would prevent the collection of personnal datas by the companies or not ?

That ties in with my earlier question, what is the reason for collecting all that data on those cashback forms? I suspect companies want to collect data to analyze customer behavior. From the companies' point of view if GATCOIN prevented the collection of personal data, that would be a loss for them.

Section 2.2.7 of the whitepaper is relevant:

Consumption Patterns: by analyzing geo-location and token consumption from the GAT Wallet, enterprises will gain valuable insight into where marketing resources are best applied

Since the app is on a smartphone it would be technically possible to extract personal data (anonymized or not - and we have known for long that "anonymized" data really isn't).

Therefore, from the consumers' point of view it would be interesting to know GATCOIN's stance how to serve both the companies' and customers' needs with regards to marketing and privacy.

The part of the whitepaper you quoted is very interesting. But couldn't it be possible that these geo-location and token consumtion data is without any connection to personal information about the users. More like a general information where which tokens were used (and not by whom).

Quite right. Let them collect data on movements and coupon payments, transactions, but not personal data.
Data collection is necessary for merchants. The buyer must be able to agree or disagree on data collection. In general, the presence of internal impersonal coupons should preclude the collection of personal data. When such data is collected, it ends with annoying mailing of advertising and spam.
Every company wants this kind of statistics. The question is - will GATCOIN sell this info to third parties or they will be using this only for themselves?

Well, I must have a rare opinion but I'm not opposed at all to merchants having personnal datas about me. These are used to make better and more adapted products, while understanding consumers behaviour. Ok, their goal is to make more money, but they make more money because their products become better for me.

This should be so in the ideal. Many sellers are focused only on making a profit, not on improving the quality of service or improving the quality of goods. Such sellers  abuse use of the personal data.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:38:25 AM

Imagine lots of shops issuing these tokens, the public will start using them because they get discounts and benefits for holding them

Maybe I am getting sidetracked, but could it happen that some less morally inclined personnel might embezzle a portion of those tokens that are as you say obviously valuable?

I'm actually glad you brought this up the open nature of a blockchain based rewards system actually lowers the chance of an individual within a merchants company committing fraud, as every interaction is trackable and verifiable, unlike a traditional database system that is more easily manipulated.

In my country when a merchant makes a good campaign, personnel embezzles all of them and you can't apply it. It is a disgrace.

I'm sure there will be mechanisms for preventing that. like the destruction of the issued tokens, or the expiry of the campaign, making the tokens worthless.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:48:59 AM

I know that feel. I also did these kinds of things but, not anymore. It's really necessary to prevent these kinds of things in order to spread to a more wider audience.
FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:30:06 AM

Or if you want, you can just be a bounty hunter, collect as much gift cards and bonuses as you can and trade in to Gatcoin. Its value will be rising for sure, and you can make profit in fiat from collecting coupons.

I'm sure there will be bounty hunters using this app.
What else do you do when you dont have a job Wink

I'm very curious to see this platform in action. Lets all hope for a great start.
Great work GATcoin!
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:26:40 AM

Or if you want, you can just be a bounty hunter, collect as much gift cards and bonuses as you can and trade in to Gatcoin. Its value will be rising for sure, and you can make profit in fiat from collecting coupons.

Yeah, that's what I especially like! If you don't find any suitable vouchers, points, whatever or you just need money you can trade your rewards for Gatcoin and sell it on an exchange. That's really a major plus!

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:54:28 AM

no more reward cards needs to carry around. just need single app on smart phone. cool
Yes, this platform will make things simple
Im sure when they tell people about this when they advertise this platform, so many people will be interested.
Will they offer a Gatcoin card where the customers will be able to save all their coins or just an smartphone app?

pynetx

Merit: 262

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:55:51 AM

no more reward cards needs to carry around. just need single app on smart phone. cool
Im sure when they tell people about this when they advertise this platform, so many people will be interested.
Will they offer a Gatcoin card where the customers will be able to save all their coins or just an smartphone app?

I guess smartphone app is good enough. There's no need for a card. An app will be used to send and receive coins.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:58:39 AM

I guess smartphone app is good enough. There's no need for a card. An app will be used to send and receive coins.

Itll be great also if there will a card. Where you can save your private keys encrypted with your password. Cheesy just gold old atm of banks. But for Gattokens only Cheesy
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:12:39 AM

a thing that should really be mentioned in here is that its really cool in which high frequency devs respond to questions out of the community.... thombs up for that
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:14:46 AM

Itll be great also if there will a card. Where you can save your private keys encrypted with your password. Cheesy just gold old atm of banks. But for Gattokens only Cheesy

I would go for app only. The physicality of the card makes it vulnerable. Its best to have a secured app which holds all the tokens like a wallet. I think which will be there when the market opens.
matjas

Merit: 115

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:51:52 AM

Thats a strange system you have. Usually employees cant take part in different campaigns and promotions. But since the goal of Gatcoin is also a diversity of merchant coins and their circulation, i think there wont be any problems like that.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:29:42 AM

And also is tradable, you could trade your giftcard of one shop that gives you a discount in fruits, for another giftcard of another shop for a discount in wines, etc. its really a good way to diversify and will make people happy, I sometimes get gift cards and loyalty points in things I don't use and would love to trade them for others I would actually use Cheesy.

Exactly this! Even if you're not interested in redeem coupons etc...you can just be a bounty hunter. I can't wait to use this system over here in Europe

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:34:24 PM

And also is tradable, you could trade your giftcard of one shop that gives you a discount in fruits, for another giftcard of another shop for a discount in wines, etc. its really a good way to diversify and will make people happy, I sometimes get gift cards and loyalty points in things I don't use and would love to trade them for others I would actually use Cheesy.

Exactly this! Even if you're not interested in redeem coupons etc...you can just be a bounty hunter. I can't wait to use this system over here in Europe

I did not even think about that. That could be some way to gain mobey with the system yes  Grin
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:11:54 PM

a thing that should really be mentioned in here is that its really cool in which high frequency devs respond to questions out of the community.... thombs up for that

all good dev's should do this. it sends a message to the community that they're reliable and they can count on the project succeeding.

levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

Thats a strange system you have. Usually employees cant take part in different campaigns and promotions. But since the goal of Gatcoin is also a diversity of merchant coins and their circulation, i think there wont be any problems like that.

If they can't, they give it to friends and family. We are a corrupt country Smiley

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

If GAT is going to be always an ERC20, how fees will be paid on new blockchain? With merchant tokens themselves? Or maybe the new system will be able to interact with ethereum smart contracts and fees will be paid with GAT ?

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

If GAT is going to be always an ERC20, how fees will be paid on new blockchain? With merchant tokens themselves? Or maybe the new system will be able to interact with ethereum smart contracts and fees will be paid with GAT ?

I think we already had an answer from the team regarding this. There will be transaction fees on the new blockchain but you won't need GAT tokens for transaction.

Already asked this but I think there was no answer so far. Will you need the GATCoins as transaction fees for sending these merchant tokens on the SLL GAT network or better, are there transaction fees at all?

You will not need GAT Coins in order to use merchant tokens, only to buy them, yes there will be transaction fees unfortunately we can't provide the service for free  Wink

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:48:27 PM

Travel Tokens: used as portable currency to spend globally in network merchant stores

Which stores you will have? In which countries? I like travel and traveling very often  Roll Eyes
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:10:00 PM

Devs handle the communication very nicely, it’s very important, investors enjoy an active team, and people who support the project are glad to see that the devs are here to answer question and keep them informed about the project. Gatcoin have great argument to build a solid platform for reward program, im impatient to see the first big partner !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: