Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:51:47 AM

In case any of you want to give that a try, there is an anecdote of a man who bought the complete inventory of a store with just 60 cents and a bag full of coupons.

How is that even possible ? Normally you have limits to coupons.

Glad you asked!

The coupons gave 15% to 20% discount on any product. The coupons did not have any rules printed on them that restricted their use. So he figured he could stack the coupons an infinite amount of times. Indeed he could, he even checked it with the Consumer Association.

He came with 2807 coupons and 60 cents. He walked away with 48,500 euros worth of TVs and household products. And gave them away.

My question to the GATCOIN team is: Smart contracts are immutable, what can GATCOIN merchants do in case they made a mistake with Merchant Tokens that could ruin them?

I think that nothing should be done. GATCOIN provides the system to the merchants and buyers, and if there are no errors in the system, then the merchant is responsible for his error.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:12:12 AM

In case any of you want to give that a try, there is an anecdote of a man who bought the complete inventory of a store with just 60 cents and a bag full of coupons.

How is that even possible ? Normally you have limits to coupons.

Glad you asked!

The coupons gave 15% to 20% discount on any product. The coupons did not have any rules printed on them that restricted their use. So he figured he could stack the coupons an infinite amount of times. Indeed he could, he even checked it with the Consumer Association.

He came with 2807 coupons and 60 cents. He walked away with 48,500 euros worth of TVs and household products. And gave them away.

My question to the GATCOIN team is: Smart contracts are immutable, what can GATCOIN merchants do in case they made a mistake with Merchant Tokens that could ruin them?

I think that nothing should be done. GATCOIN provides the system to the merchants and buyers, and if there are no errors in the system, then the merchant is responsible for his error.

Well if there are some mistakes in the contract/rules determined by the company itself they just have to stop giving out coins, or?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:20:44 AM

Actually, I wonder if it is possible at all to attach custom rules and conditions to the Merchant Tokens? If so, what would that interface look like? Don't tell me retailers have to write a smart contract in Solidity or similar language.
If that's actually needed, I think they will need to code the contract for the merchant. Providing an example contract or a contract creation tool would also be options that would help avoid that being a problem.

That's where it would be interesting to make partnerships with projects making the creation of smart-contracts user friendly.

You know what? I prefer if only Gatcoin can create tokens, it would be messed up if anyone can create their own merchant tokens. Waves is full of useless token for example

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:21:47 AM

Actually, I wonder if it is possible at all to attach custom rules and conditions to the Merchant Tokens? If so, what would that interface look like? Don't tell me retailers have to write a smart contract in Solidity or similar language.
If that's actually needed, I think they will need to code the contract for the merchant. Providing an example contract or a contract creation tool would also be options that would help avoid that being a problem.
It will be better if the GATCOIN team facilitate them with friendly interface.
If not, it will be like they created their own project / works independently (looking for someone who understand these things first or taking time to learn it first) or this platform is only suitable for merchants who understand crypto.

Isn't the whole idea behind this project, that GATcoin creates the tokens for them (writes the smart contract) how the merchant requests or at least advices the merchants step by step at creating their tokens?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:27:27 AM

i want to know is there gatcoin issue devices for merchants to create bonus coupon or something like that?

don't think so. a merchants enters into a contract with Gatcoin, and then the team generates the tokens for the merchant.
But i think it would be better if there is an app/device, so it will be simpler and easier.

Im sure merchants will be able to log on in the app to issue new coupons and bonuses as much as they will want to. Ok, their coin will probably be created by Gatcoin team, but merchants will be managing it themselves.  At least this would be the most logical thing to do.

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:51:24 AM

i want to know is there gatcoin issue devices for merchants to create bonus coupon or something like that?

don't think so. a merchants enters into a contract with Gatcoin, and then the team generates the tokens for the merchant.
But i think it would be better if there is an app/device, so it will be simpler and easier.

Im sure merchants will be able to log on in the app to issue new coupons and bonuses as much as they will want to. Ok, their coin will probably be created by Gatcoin team, but merchants will be managing it themselves.  At least this would be the most logical thing to do.

I have the same thought as yours. Tokens will be created by gatcoin's team. Then merchants will manage all the other aspects. And at the end, merchants will attach their tokens to the gatcoin system to get the benefit from other tokens.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:54:37 AM

That's where it would be interesting to make partnerships with projects making the creation of smart-contracts user friendly.

You know what? I prefer if only Gatcoin can create tokens, it would be messed up if anyone can create their own merchant tokens. Waves is full of useless token for example
I really do not think that the creation of new tokens will left without any kind of regulation , I think there will be a real contract or partnership between GATCOIN and the merchants before this merchants can issue tokens on GAT system .
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:03:01 AM

If not, it will be like they created their own project / works independently (looking for someone who understand these things first or taking time to learn it first) or this platform is only suitable for merchants who understand crypto.

Isn't the whole idea behind this project, that GATcoin creates the tokens for them (writes the smart contract) how the merchant requests or at least advices the merchants step by step at creating their tokens?

I'm sure it will go this way otherwise it will become a mess of tokens created by merchants.
Very curious how the platform will look and how everything will work. Cant wait to see more of this project!

Great work devs
levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:26:58 AM

I'm sure it will go this way otherwise it will become a mess of tokens created by merchants.
Very curious how the platform will look and how everything will work. Cant wait to see more of this project!

Great work devs

Of course it will be like that way. I can't think about all merchants trying to create their tokens with writing the smart contract Smiley

alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

didn thought about bonus coupons yet. but the first thing that comes into my mind is like: wow nice idea
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:55:20 AM

I think the devs are aware that this should be as easy as possible.

kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

Great work devs

Of course it will be like that way. I can't think about all merchants trying to create their tokens with writing the smart contract Smiley

We don't know if GAT will have a GVM or not! Maybe the process will be like waves, just write in token name, supply , description, ticker and that's it. If merchants will be allowed to do this by themeselves I guess they will have to register and pass trough a strickly KYC issuance

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:30:45 AM

Great work devs

We don't know if GAT will have a GVM or not! Maybe the process will be like waves, just write in token name, supply , description, ticker and that's it. If merchants will be allowed to do this by themeselves I guess they will have to register and pass trough a strickly KYC issuance

If the process of token creation is really gonna be like on the Waves platform, I don't see any need for GATCoin. That's why I think they will offer a service to create/burn/mine tokens exactly as the merchant wishes.
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:32:55 AM

Great work devs

You cant just expect for merchants to join and make tokens by themselves because the goal of Gatcoin platform is to attract as many as they can. It would be a pretty bad marketing if they wouldnt offer any support because, at least at the beginning, i doubt that merchants will be fighting to join the platform.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

SK Planet Japan already working company. Buy they working not only in Japan? As I understand in Korea also?
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:41:59 PM

Great work devs

It is easy to make a form with just the name, supply, description, ticker of the Merchant Token.

However, in my original question I was asking specifically if GATCOIN supports attaching rules and conditions to Merchant Tokens.

Because there are promos such as "The customer has to buy Product A together with Product B to get a cashback C limited to D promos per home address E after X to Y amount of days after purchase date Z. This promo is valid until the final date F".

https://www.asus-promotion.com/mb_vga/fi-en/tac.html
levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:50:25 PM

If i'm posting it twice, i am sorry about it.

But when i search for sk planet japan. I found an interesting article about it with gatcoin.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/sk-planet-japan-to-launch-geo-targeted-crypto-currencies-to-attract-booming-chinese-tourists-649703513.html

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:51:44 PM

SK Planet Japan already working company. Buy they working not only in Japan? As I understand in Korea also?

Yes, they are not just in Japan, also in Korea. Tried to find if they also work in other Asian countries but couldn't find anything beside Japan and Korea so far.

But when i search for sk planet japan. I found an interesting article about it with gatcoin.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/sk-planet-japan-to-launch-geo-targeted-crypto-currencies-to-attract-booming-chinese-tourists-649703513.html

Found the same one on a German news site Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:55:22 PM

Thank you. it may working. I was not in Japan, but I was in some other Asian countries, and seen China tourists everywhere...
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:25:52 PM

Great work devs

It is easy to make a form with just the name, supply, description, ticker of the Merchant Token.

However, in my original question I was asking specifically if GATCOIN supports attaching rules and conditions to Merchant Tokens.

Because there are promos such as "The customer has to buy Product A together with Product B to get a cashback C limited to D promos per home address E after X to Y amount of days after purchase date Z. This promo is valid until the final date F".

https://www.asus-promotion.com/mb_vga/fi-en/tac.html

I think the answer is yes if you want to use your merchant tokens with attached products, but the beauty of this is if you don't like terms of a specific merchant token you can always sell it and buy another one or accumulate GAT Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: