Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:14:52 PM

Big names from China is associated with Gatcoin.I heard China has banned ICO,how will it affect your ICO and how are chinese allowed to associated with you?

china is opening ico but with regulation

Usually these kind of things take a while. China is a complicated country, Ive read a nice comparison. China is a dragon with 8 heads. One day 1 head takes control where to go, the next day the other head
takes control on what to do. Its a difficult country to rely on building a buseniss. I would rather see GATcoin establish in other Asian countries first.

and they will, probably japan would go really well.
Japan and Japanese people are very open to new technologies and inventions, especially in cryptocurrencies, so this will be huge for GATCOIN!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Is there a bonus for ICO investments?

Yes there will be a bonus. The first third of the tokens will be sold for $0.2 each, the second third for $0,3 per token and the remaining tokens will cost $0,4. So being fast makes sense. The ICO will start in about 19 days, so still enough time.

That is actually a huge advantage, to buy the coins early. At the end of the ICO you will theoretically double your invested money.  Usually you get like 30, 40 % bonus, but here it will be much bigger. After it hits the exchanges, who know how much will it be worth.
so at the begining of the ico the price of the tokens will be low and then increase with time,is a good strategy in my opinion,after listing the exchanges nobody knows if the price will go up or down,we will know it only when tokens will be listed...
This method also brings some disadvantages because often some whales invest early and dump their coins after the ICO.

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:21:47 PM

Cant wait to see this ICO live!
Think this will be very populair in the Japanese market

Dont know if this link already is posted but it will help newcomers to this project to understand GATcoin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn78o3XMKUE

Its a nice review about this project.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

Yes there will be a bonus. The first third of the tokens will be sold for $0.2 each, the second third for $0,3 per token and the remaining tokens will cost $0,4. So being fast makes sense. The ICO will start in about 19 days, so still enough time.

That is actually a huge advantage, to buy the coins early. At the end of the ICO you will theoretically double your invested money.  Usually you get like 30, 40 % bonus, but here it will be much bigger. After it hits the exchanges, who know how much will it be worth.
so at the begining of the ico the price of the tokens will be low and then increase with time,is a good strategy in my opinion,after listing the exchanges nobody knows if the price will go up or down,we will know it only when tokens will be listed...
This method also brings some disadvantages because often some whales invest early and dump their coins after the ICO.

Yeah indeed there might be the possibility that a whale buys a big part of the cheap tokens. Maybe they can add a limitation, like a maximum amount of ETH one can invest in the first phase.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:44:25 PM

Cant wait to see this ICO live!
Think this will be very populair in the Japanese market

Dont know if this link already is posted but it will help newcomers to this project to understand GATcoin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn78o3XMKUE

Its a nice review about this project.

I like how Mike B creates any review, his style
It's available and understandable about GATCOIN project, I think this will be useful for newcomers
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:57:11 PM

Yeah indeed there might be the possibility that a whale buys a big part of the cheap tokens. Maybe they can add a limitation, like a maximum amount of ETH one can invest in the first phase.
I'm not a whale but if whales are buying tokens this means that ICO is solid and have got great potential ahead but I also think that amount of tokens that one person can buy should be limited
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:08:18 PM

I read some of you talking about smart contracts but we don't know if the GAT blockchain will have smart contracts. In fact I wanna know when the entire blockchain's documentation will be released

not sure if they're necessary since Gatcoin controls everything about any tokens minted for their customers.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:25:35 PM

I'm not a whale but if whales are buying tokens this means that ICO is solid and have got great potential ahead but I also think that amount of tokens that one person can buy should be limited
No thats not allways true as I stated above, somthimes whales just buy to dump after it gets to an exchange but a maximum amount is also not the solution because it cannot really prevent whales from sending from different addresses.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:46:50 PM

I read some of you talking about smart contracts but we don't know if the GAT blockchain will have smart contracts. In fact I wanna know when the entire blockchain's documentation will be released

not sure if they're necessary since Gatcoin controls everything about any tokens minted for their customers.

Exactly, there's no need for smart contracts, they just need to mint tokens based on merchant's demands. I don't see merchants manage directly all their tokens

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Affchain

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:52:24 PM

I like the project and all but there is some information in the whitepaper that is pulled from some very old reports on the transaction speeds of VISA.

Whitepaper
1 According to Professor Wei-Tek Tsai, test results operating on 4 nodes using
IBM 4 x86 processors produced verified transaction speeds of an average of 5,000 transactions
per second (TPS) which is equivalent to average Visa/Mastercard processing speeds.

https://www.informationweek.com/visa-tests-transaction-processing-system/d/d-id/1026381
During the annual weeklong stress test, conducted at an IBM facility outside Washington, D.C., Visa ran the system at a processing load of 6,200 transaction messages per second, a 20% increase over last year's peak on Dec. 24 of 5,200 transaction messages per second. Each card purchase requires about two transaction messages.

https://www.visa.com/blogarchives/us/2013/10/10/stress-test-prepares-visanet-for-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year/index.html
After the test is concluded, the VisaNet team determines the best configuration to maintain our higher levels of security and reliability when millions of transactions from all over the world hit the network during the holiday shopping season. As a result, they also come back from Gaithersburg with a number that represents the maximum processing capacity VisaNet can handle, which later is stamped on coffee mugs and distributed to the team involved in the test. This year’s “mug number” – as we like to call it – is 47,000 transaction messages per second, which is a huge step forward from 2012’s peak capacity of 30,000 transaction messages per second!

I didn't have time to look up the current transactions per second capabilities of VISA so don't quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing Vitalek say they were over 69,000 TPS. The 5,000 TPS capabilities are from 14 years old data. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert in this field. I decided to do a quick search after thinking about Vitalek the Visitor's talk a few months back.

So my question to GATCOIN is, who looked up and verified your whitepaper's numbers?
My next question is.... Is your tech ready to handle the load of the holidays? With November and December comes a tripling of TPS at the minimum.

That is a small typo if anything and in my opinion does not reflect the capabilities of this project as a whole. Nor does it raise any red flags. After reading through the whitepaper again I actually saw the brilliance behind this idea and I am still a supporter. Just thought I'd point this out to see how the team reacts and also to have it brought light by a supporter rather than a trolly nay-sayer.

Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:20:07 PM

It not about how you focus. It about how you market.
Apple and Samsung were already present in India when OnePlus launched but now Oneplus dethroned both of them in the Premium segment in India. So, it's all about how you lure the customers.

Indeed!
Marketing is very important for every product. GATcoin is doing a great job with there marketing. For example that graffiti in the subway.

People are very curious when they just see a name and will look it up.
Marketing is everything.

Keep it up!

Wait what? They had graffiti in a subway? This thread has had so many new responses in the few days i've been away  Cheesy

So two questions i have. Is there going to be a pre-sale before the official ICO date of 28th of October. And i was wondering if people think this coin can get a foothold in China. I know Chinese people can't invest in the ICO, but if GATcoin is going to be used in China eventually then maybe investors can just sell portions of their investment to Chinese people on exchanges  Grin
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

It not about how you focus. It about how you market.
Apple and Samsung were already present in India when OnePlus launched but now Oneplus dethroned both of them in the Premium segment in India. So, it's all about how you lure the customers.

Indeed!
Marketing is very important for every product. GATcoin is doing a great job with there marketing. For example that graffiti in the subway.

People are very curious when they just see a name and will look it up.
Marketing is everything.

Keep it up!

Wait what? They had graffiti in a subway? This thread has had so many new responses in the few days i've been away  Cheesy

So two questions i have. Is there going to be a pre-sale before the official ICO date of 28th of October. And i was wondering if people think this coin can get a foothold in China. I know Chinese people can't invest in the ICO, but if GATcoin is going to be used in China eventually then maybe investors can just sell portions of their investment to Chinese people on exchanges  Grin

Yes they had, here is a picture Smiley

Always nice this kind of marketing, this makes people curious.
This is just great for the project.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:41:17 PM

Exactly, there's no need for smart contracts, they just need to mint tokens based on merchant's demands. I don't see merchants manage directly all their tokens

Looks like there are indeed no smart contracts in the GAT System. So there is no problem with immutability.

Modifications: Merchant Tokens may be destroyed and modified any time according to the requirements of the issuer. This allows merchants to quickly change or even withdraw programs if there is any negative impact resulting from their digital token program.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:49:43 PM

I like the project and all but there is some information in the whitepaper that is pulled from some very old reports on the transaction speeds of VISA.

Whitepaper
1 According to Professor Wei-Tek Tsai, test results operating on 4 nodes using
IBM 4 x86 processors produced verified transaction speeds of an average of 5,000 transactions
per second (TPS) which is equivalent to average Visa/Mastercard processing speeds.

https://www.informationweek.com/visa-tests-transaction-processing-system/d/d-id/1026381
During the annual weeklong stress test, conducted at an IBM facility outside Washington, D.C., Visa ran the system at a processing load of 6,200 transaction messages per second, a 20% increase over last year's peak on Dec. 24 of 5,200 transaction messages per second. Each card purchase requires about two transaction messages.

https://www.visa.com/blogarchives/us/2013/10/10/stress-test-prepares-visanet-for-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year/index.html
After the test is concluded, the VisaNet team determines the best configuration to maintain our higher levels of security and reliability when millions of transactions from all over the world hit the network during the holiday shopping season. As a result, they also come back from Gaithersburg with a number that represents the maximum processing capacity VisaNet can handle, which later is stamped on coffee mugs and distributed to the team involved in the test. This year’s “mug number” – as we like to call it – is 47,000 transaction messages per second, which is a huge step forward from 2012’s peak capacity of 30,000 transaction messages per second!

I didn't have time to look up the current transactions per second capabilities of VISA so don't quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing Vitalek say they were over 69,000 TPS. The 5,000 TPS capabilities are from 14 years old data. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert in this field. I decided to do a quick search after thinking about Vitalek the Visitor's talk a few months back.

So my question to GATCOIN is, who looked up and verified your whitepaper's numbers?
My next question is.... Is your tech ready to handle the load of the holidays? With November and December comes a tripling of TPS at the minimum.

That is a small typo if anything and in my opinion does not reflect the capabilities of this project as a whole. Nor does it raise any red flags. After reading through the whitepaper again I actually saw the brilliance behind this idea and I am still a supporter. Just thought I'd point this out to see how the team reacts and also to have it brought light by a supporter rather than a trolly nay-sayer.

Interesting, so the peak txs/s for Visa back in 2013 was around 23,500 (because 47,000 tms , 1 tx = 2 transaction messages). Whitepaper says "average", now that you brought up this, I wanna know what's the peak for GAT blockchain

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

FIEX

OMG.. this is real picture?  Grin
Where is this? In China? Im not sure that this is good adversiting.. but this attracts people's attention really...
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:58:51 PM

Looks like there are indeed no smart contracts in the GAT System. So there is no problem with immutability.

Modifications: Merchant Tokens may be destroyed and modified any time according to the requirements of the issuer. This allows merchants to quickly change or even withdraw programs if there is any negative impact resulting from their digital token program.

But will merchants themselves be able to modifies and destroy tokens of will it be up to Gatcoin platform admins? There should be some regulations but still merchants should have a final word in that.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:07:25 PM

But will merchants themselves be able to modifies and destroy tokens of will it be up to Gatcoin platform admins? There should be some regulations but still merchants should have a final word in that.

i think it will be in the job of the gatcoin platform admins to destroy those tokens in need. thats what i have understood in the whitepaper so far.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:10:58 PM

About the transaction speed of visa, it is not the most important information in my opinion. It's sure that it would have been more professionnal to check the dates.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:13:12 PM

The GAT Wallet dynamically interacts with the GAT Exchange, the GAT Marketplace and the GAT Network.

hm.. this is nice idea. users can exchange their tokens instantly and buying goods  Roll Eyes
windreamteam

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Here we can talk about an ecosystem The GAT Wallet interacts dynamically with the GAT Exchange, the GAT Marketplace and the GAT Network. which gives us a cricuit, energies with cogs propelling each parameter with the intereference of the other.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: