Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:21:12 PM

any news on blockchain?  Wink

I will ask on IRC, lately I've gotten help from a lot of good people, so I can focus on C++, ANC, Abscond and those. And not running around fixing server stuff all the time Smiley Meanwhile use http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
Trusted blockchain explorer, the maintainer works with us as well wrt server issues. (Thanks geekz)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:35:37 PM

any news on blockchain?  Wink

I will ask on IRC, lately I've gotten help from a lot of good people, so I can focus on C++, ANC, Abscond and those. And not running around fixing server stuff all the time Smiley Meanwhile use http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
Trusted blockchain explorer, the maintainer works with us as well wrt server issues. (Thanks geekz)

I'm joking with geekz...  he is doing a great work there.

Take a break, and get back for new wins Smiley

While you will fly on a plane, here is a song to listen : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEthXBHsEac
Rspigler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:39:46 PM

Congratulations to everyone else....but I still don't have my coins from Cryptsy.  Sad Got an email from support saying that all the problems had been fixed in a site wide audit, but to reply if coins were still missing.  Replied to that email explaining that I'm still missing over 70% of coins after over 2 weeks, and sent the same info to the "Customer Service Manager" I have been speaking to for the last couple weeks.  No response 24 hrs later.  Sent them both emails again.  24 hours later, still no response....

As for this weird argument about whether anonymity has an effect on the long term success of this coin; that is the ONLY reason I'm interested in this coin.  It is the only thing that sets it apart from all other coins and will hopefully have a huge impact on the crypto world.

Maybe I'm missing something, but could someone explain to me how working with the Monero devs could improve anonymity? Didn't Monero implement CryptoNote which utilizes ring signatures? Meaning that it merely clouds the sender because you know it is one of X people involved in the signature? And the anonymity relies heavily on the members involved in the ring signature. My understanding of the Zerocoin implementation is that it would be cryptographically impossible to link the sender to the receiver.

Meeh, have a great vacation. You definitely deserve it!
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

Congratulations to everyone else....but I still don't have my coins from Cryptsy.  Sad Got an email from support saying that all the problems had been fixed in a site wide audit, but to reply if coins were still missing.  Replied to that email explaining that I'm still missing over 70% of coins after over 2 weeks, and sent the same info to the "Customer Service Manager" I have been speaking to for the last couple weeks.  No response 24 hrs later.  Sent them both emails again.  24 hours later, still no response....

Weird, I withdrew about 900 ANC a few hours ago and had them 15 minutes later.
drAGon925

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:41:25 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but could someone explain to me how working with the Monero devs could improve anonymity? Didn't Monero implement CryptoNote which utilizes ring signatures? Meaning that it merely clouds the sender because you know it is one of X people involved in the signature? And the anonymity relies heavily on the members involved in the ring signature. My understanding of the Zerocoin implementation is that it would be cryptographically impossible to link the sender to the receiver.

No details for now, it is a possibility, because obviously there has been contact between Meeh and Monero dev.
Every communication and cooperation can only help ANC,
so I welcome this opportunity!
We need to involve as many people as possible, buyers and friends of the Anoncoin with Zerocoin implantation.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

No details for now, it is a possibility, because obviously there has been contact between Meeh and Monero dev.
We need to involve as many people as possible, buyers and friends of the Anoncoin with Zerocoin implantation.

Wow, going across the aisle to XMR, I like it!

What could this mean for ANC? Always been a fan but lately I'm in XMR.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:05:55 PM

Yeah - this is about identifying areas where Monero and Anoncoin are trying to accomplish the same thing, and instead of duplicating effort we're finding ways of only developing something once so that both Anoncoin and Monero can use and benefit from it:)

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

Ring signatures add obfuscation, but there are already stealth addresses, so even without ring signatures tracking a transaction is extremely difficult and requires reducing the anonymity set in other ways until you've figured it out.

If you're particularly interested, our annotated version of the CryptoNote whitepaper is a good starting point. Section 4.3 describes the unlinkable nature of transactions, ring signatures are only covered in 4.4, and 4.5 shows how they're combined in a standard transaction.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:13:15 PM

Your paragraph about cryptonote, if it's accurate, explains to me why that coin would be flawed to someone who values better anonymity. I'm very sure 90%+ of people do not know that.

It's not correct, as pointed out above.

drAGon925

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:14:26 PM

Cryptsy is very unstable for ANC,

I have canceled my buy order, and btc not showing in half hour... 

So I believe you for that 70% ,   ask them to cancel all your withdraw orders, and get back your ANCs on cryptsy,
that is something, then try again first with small amonut.

drAGon925

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:30:41 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 06:41:10 AM by drAGon925

One last point then I will drop this userid, I know I've irritated a few people.

Donations for writing articles *yawn*, press releases and so on.

Making the focus of anonymity political would solve that problem.

A press release like 'Anoncoin is creating country specific solutions to anonymity. Currently we are working on a wallet that would be easily used in Whateverthefuckistan and would allow users to hide the wallet from computer searches' etc etc, could easily be picked up by a major news outlet and syndicated. Some thought would have to go into side issues of course, you don't want to read in the jew york times '20 n koreans executed for having anc wallets'.

There would be plenty of donations and plenty of offers of help from top notch amateurs.

On the other hand, 'please donate so we can write articles about our coin' doesn't cut it.

Oh wait, 'please donate and we will put your name on the donation hero list'. No disrespect intended drAgon, i like all of your other comments and learned a bit from them. That one flopped though.

auf wiedersehen

I agree with you, it is generally written. But initiated by the member-s of forum, not devs I think,
and maybe donation will be the beginning of anything that would be ok for ANC.
We see by the response that is not the best accepted.

I mentioned the list, perhaps awkwardly, but as this Bitcoin Forum has a list, any new item incorporated into the ANC makes me happy.

And example is the donation of one member before few weeks, he gave 10% of his ANC for the possible project,
even if project fails, at least to the rest written on a list that he is donated..

I personally am not afraid of any donor lists, not hiding from anyone,
and the same time I still prefer that my transaction will be anonymous if I want to, because I think it's my right to be, or if the other party wants to work that way.

Today 10-100 ANC looks nothing, but if you can help the ANC, it's really nothing to donate.

So I will repeat you address, and ask you to stay with us Smiley  

Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:50:34 AM

Anoncoin is now accepting donations:

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

• Creation of press releases
  • Writing of Blog entries
  • Writing of popular articles about Anoncoin
  • Writing of in-depth articles on the wiki and
  • Web design and support.

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

For your info, the above public address is owned by the lead developer, Meeh.

It would be good to have some list of donors?
Maybe it would speed up the desire for donating.

One last point then I will drop this userid, I know I've irritated a few people.

A press release like 'Anoncoin is creating country specific solutions to anonymity. Currently we are working on a wallet that would be easily used in Whateverthefuckistan and would allow users to hide the wallet from computer searches' etc etc, could easily be picked up by a major news outlet and syndicated. Some thought would have to go into side issues of course, you don't want to read in the jew york times '20 n koreans executed for having anc wallets'.

There would be plenty of donations and plenty of offers of help from top notch amateurs.

On the other hand, 'please donate so we can write articles about our coin' doesn't cut it.

Oh wait, 'please donate and we will put your name on the donation hero list'. No disrespect intended drAgon, i like all of your other comments and learned a bit from them. That one flopped though.

auf wiedersehen

I just wanted to say, don't drop your username. I don't agree with everything you write, but your focus on the political quality of anoncoin is refreshing. There has to be room for different opinions.
drAGon925

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:38:03 AM

Anoncoin is now accepting donations:

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

• Creation of press releases
  • Writing of Blog entries
  • Writing of popular articles about Anoncoin
  • Writing of in-depth articles on the wiki and
  • Web design and support.

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

For your info, the above public address is owned by the lead developer, Meeh.

It would be good to have some list of donors?
Maybe it would speed up the desire for donating.

auf wiedersehen

I just wanted to say, don't drop your username. I don't agree with everything you write, but your focus on the political quality of anoncoin is refreshing. There has to be room for different opinions.

+1

I like to read no-ice-please posts,  and in the same time drink whiskey with ice

Grin 
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:49:52 AM

> I installed build-essential and the compilation got much further this time.  However it still exited with the following error.

Great to hear it worked better, however sad to hear it didn't compile 100%. Do you got the libssl-dev package installed? IIRC that's the name of openssl development files. you can simply do a "ls /usr/include/openssl/", if it's listing files it's something wrong with our build scripts, if you get a error you're just missing the development files Smiley
he could just follow the compilation documentation in doc/ Smiley

I've now managed to finally build anoncoind, but when I try to build anoncoin-qt it exits with an error.  Any idea on the missing dependency?

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:59:32 AM

> I installed build-essential and the compilation got much further this time.  However it still exited with the following error.

Great to hear it worked better, however sad to hear it didn't compile 100%. Do you got the libssl-dev package installed? IIRC that's the name of openssl development files. you can simply do a "ls /usr/include/openssl/", if it's listing files it's something wrong with our build scripts, if you get a error you're just missing the development files Smiley

I've now managed to finally build anoncoind, but when I try to build anoncoin-qt it exits with an error.  Any idea on the missing dependency?
see doc/readme-qt.rst
should tell you which packages you need

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:33:18 AM

see doc/readme-qt.rst

yeah I followed the guide in there but got the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libqt5core5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libqt5core5a:i386 libqt5core5a

E: Package 'libqt5core5' has no installation candidate

So I tried the following which also gave an error.

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5-dev
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libqt5-dev

So then gave up and just used the launch pad to install it.

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:04:22 AM

see doc/readme-qt.rst

yeah I followed the guide in there but got the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
Building dependency tree       
Package libqt5core5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libqt5core5a:i386 libqt5core5a

E: Package 'libqt5core5' has no installation candidate

So I tried the following which also gave an error.

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5-dev
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libqt5-dev

So then gave up and just used the launch pad to install it.
do you have the package bitcoin? try $ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
if so, it will install everything neccessary. f not you can drop that specific lib and just install qt4/qt5 (i always used qt4). See if you have a qt4-dev-tools package.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 05:14:28 PM

$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

While yes the offical Bitcoin repo is installed and I've apt-get update 

It doesn't matter now as I've gone with the launch pad.  I just wanted to try and go through the guide as basically your average *buntu novice with a fresh build of Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) so that it can maybe be improved.  For other general non CLI wizard *buntu users until their's official Ubuntu binaries or an official Ubuntu repository.  Anyway there's a new 24/7/365 I2p node up now  Smiley

Also how do you go about helping with the RSM UFO generation if more help is needed?  As I have a spare core on my AMD A10-6700

newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:27:59 PM

Blog update finally; https://sigterm.no/blog/30/

Other news; Nothing is decided yet, but it might end up in a agreement where I work some % of my dayjob to speedup the i2pd process, meaning I'm founded to program on it, again resulting in i2pd would be ready faster and I can implement it. But I will get back to you guys if this becomes a reality/actual deal.

I would also like to add this; fluffypon(the dev) and the Monero coin is someone we might co-work with to increase anonymity, but again, we haven't decided much else than that we don't shittalk eachother. So not you fans too Wink
Side note; Yes, We're still working on Zerocoin, no problems there, so don't start thinking that because we're might co-work with Monero in the future we have given up on Zerocoin or anything in that form. Smiley

Thanks for the exciting update. Good luck with your work situation!
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:36:45 AM

$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

While yes the offical Bitcoin repo is installed and I've apt-get update 

It doesn't matter now as I've gone with the launch pad.  I just wanted to try and go through the guide as basically your average *buntu novice with a fresh build of Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) so that it can maybe be improved.  For other general non CLI wizard *buntu users until their's official Ubuntu binaries or an official Ubuntu repository.  Anyway there's a new 24/7/365 I2p node up now  Smiley

Also how do you go about helping with the RSM UFO generation if more help is needed?  As I have a spare core on my AMD A10-6700
AFAIK http://killyourtv.i2p/ 's repository has anoncoin builds for ubuntu.

[GPG Public Key]
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: