Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:51:15 AM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

Or why not "Anon-voucher" then Grin A coupon is something you receive for free to win discounts!
We are speaking about a technological product. We are not in the supermarket!

You are correct, I have a girlfriend who works as a consultant marketing psychologist for big global corps, and i discussed the idea with her a while back but, basically, ZKPs, it's a great but you cannot sell something with "zero" in it, it will not sell, zero implies nothing/loss and so humans feel no desire to be there.

We need a catch-phrase that emits positive vibes, alternatives like Voucher or Coupon, imply value and usability, even if they're a bit corny, we need some more head-banging/brainstorming here.

I'll be having have her 'round tomorrow night and that's on the menu ...

+1 here.  Test marketing 'zerocoin' among friends and acquaintances reveals the same results. 

Perhaps 'vANC,' for Anoncoin Voucher would work well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:01:23 AM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

Or why not "Anon-voucher" then Grin A coupon is something you receive for free to win discounts!

You are correct, I have a girlfriend who works as a consultant marketing psychologist for big global corps, and i discussed the idea with her a while back but, basically, ZKPs, it's a great but you cannot sell something with "zero" in it, it will not sell, zero implies nothing/loss and so humans feel no desire to be there.

We need a catch-phrase that emits positive vibes, alternatives like Voucher or Coupon, imply value and usability, even if they're a bit corny, we need some more head-banging/brainstorming here.

+1 here.  Test marketing 'zerocoin' among friends and acquaintances reveals the same results.  

Although I will say that once the tech is proven, the name will most likely be insignificant.  

If cokezero hadn't been shit, the name would have changed what 'zero' means in pop culture.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:05:56 AM

Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

Well, the cost of living is high where I live... it would take about US$2750.
[...]
Also, gnosis, post your BTC, ANC addresses please

BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx
ANC: AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6
To get the ball rolling, I will match every 1 ANC donated with 1 ANC. My limit is 2000 ANC and offer lasts until 1st October, e.g if people donate 2000 ANC I will donate 2000 ANC which makes the total 4000 ANC.

At current price 4000*0.0015= 6 BTC * $460 = $2760

Gnosis has stated that he needs $2750 to work full time on anoncoin/zerocoin for the month of October.

Let's do it!

I'll donate 100ANC
TXID: edaa1c77a30df11f0913caba5feecc99b64201eacd361e6eb02ba84182d2907f
Excellent! 105 ANC so far, I just sent 105 from exchange (TrxID: b05e46271b949242952fa9b2ab0ba67e05078def69f9f5d5bb01deffb189a484).

That leaves 2000-105= 1895 ANC
Matched another 54.97 ANC

That leaves 1895-54.97 = 1840.03 ANC left for me to donate

Total so far: 319.94 ANC and 1 BTC

1 + (319.94 * 0.0015) = 1.47991 BTC = 1.48 * 460 = $680.80/$2750 = 25% of goal donated so far!
Another 210 matched.

1840.03-210 = 1630.03 ANC left for me to donate
Matched 37.42550588 ANC
1630.03-37.42550588 ANC = 1592.60449412 ANC left for me to donate
Just matched another 99.97 ANC.

1592.60449412-99.97 = 1492.63449412 ANC left for me to donate

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:51:10 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 03:03:48 AM by matthewh3

I've read that the coin aims to move to a i2p networked only coin eventually.  How would this affect the liklyhood of the problems from Sybil attacks - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses#Sybil_attack - Should the coin follow Peercoin in adopting a very low inflation model.  To help fight the sybil attack dilemma by rewarding full nodes through staking.

Also is there any new news of the new auxPoW myriad fork implmentation.  Such as confirmed chains and timetable for implementation.

Plus I've posted a thread on this new exhanges forum - http://community.coldcryptos.com/threads/please-add-anoncoin.354 - by the guys behind The Multi Coin Tipping App - https://www.whitepuma.net/multitipping - about adding Anoncoin to their exchange.  If anyone wants to follow or add to the thread.

gunzeon

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

There's a new king in the streets

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:11:39 AM

We are trusting Gnosis et al to kick arse here and they will, so get real, stick with us and own some ANC, else do your own thing elsewhere !

Yes trust him. You will need much trust to retrieve your minted zerocoins. I hope for you he is not paid by the NSA to put backdoors on the accumulators!

Well, all of us that are suspicious can look at the code ourselves and check that there's no monkey business before we compile it and use it in the network; the beauties of open source.

And, if your not able to do it yourself then you need to trust someone else :-)

That's why cash is better for some !

You seems to don't understand how will work zerocoin.
Gnosis will setup 13 accumulators using the trustless RSA-UFO to choose P and Q. He removed the small factors to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers.
All is based on probabilities that no one will find these 13 RSA UFOs. RSA-1024 have been already broken (not publicly because NSA want all the control safely). It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC.
Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO

Then, PLEASE, Meeh, I know you agree with me Wink If you believe on ANC, please STOP this stupid project and find another way.
I can see the sheep screaming at troll but NO this is a serious problem for ANC in the long run if we implement zerocoin. All these sheep want to get money with the pump and dump. They don't care about ANC.

EDIT: Another point is that no one know if Gnosis will really use RSA-UFO to setup these 13 accumulators. What if he generate these RSA-UFOs himself to know P and Q and generate infinite ANC in the future?

Zercoin has always been in the Anoncoin Roadmap and it's happening now. Excellent!

I admit that I do not know the exact detail of how the keys to these accumulators are/were/will be derived and the management of their access, but I am sure that gnosis et al can assuage your concerns; checks and balances are not new to cryptocurrency.

If you're really worried which it sounds like you are, cash out now, plenty of buyers there and price is relatively good.
ie atm: 5.5K anc = ~7btc
( heck, there was guy here a few days ago wanted 20k+ of anc, chase him up if ur some kind of whale ... )

So, move on, invest in a coin you trust.

BTC: 1gunzeo8X7iYznsnmgveUQDuRj6vhzyK6 ~~~
niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:08:50 AM

We are trusting Gnosis et al to kick arse here and they will, so get real, stick with us and own some ANC, else do your own thing elsewhere !

Yes trust him. You will need much trust to retrieve your minted zerocoins. I hope for you he is not paid by the NSA to put backdoors on the accumulators!

Well, all of us that are suspicious can look at the code ourselves and check that there's no monkey business before we compile it and use it in the network; the beauties of open source.

And, if your not able to do it yourself then you need to trust someone else :-)

That's why cash is better for some !

You seems to don't understand how will work zerocoin.
Gnosis will setup 13 accumulators using the trustless RSA-UFO to choose P and Q. He removed the small factors to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers.
All is based on probabilities that no one will find these 13 RSA UFOs. RSA-1024 have been already broken (not publicly because NSA want all the control safely). It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC.
Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO

Then, PLEASE, Meeh, I know you agree with me Wink If you believe on ANC, please STOP this stupid project and find another way.
I can see the sheep screaming at troll but NO this is a serious problem for ANC in the long run if we implement zerocoin. All these sheep want to get money with the pump and dump. They don't care about ANC.

EDIT: Another point is that no one know if Gnosis will really use RSA-UFO to setup these 13 accumulators. What if he generate these RSA-UFOs himself to know P and Q and generate infinite ANC in the future?

Yes, PLEASE!  Meeh!  For the love of God!  For the little children!  Don't destroy DarkCoin and all the other pretenders by creating
a truly anonymous cryptocoin!  Think of all the poor fools who trusted those devs who will never go open source!

varun555

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:16:58 AM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

+1 here.  Test marketing 'zerocoin' among friends and acquaintances reveals the same results.  

Although I will say that once the tech is proven, the name will most likely be insignificant.  

If cokezero hadn't been shit, the name would have changed what 'zero' means in pop culture.
How about :
Anoncoin Redeem (ANC.R) OR we could have the coin symbol with .R or r
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:50:32 AM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

How about :

Lol... Redeem sounds cool!

Most Coins are Shitcoins
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:39:30 AM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

How about :
All this talk about "vouchers" and other things seems way more confusing than using Zerocoin the way it was originally intended to be used.

I understand that people would like Zerocoin transactions to be as simple to use as possible. I would like to emphasize that:

It will be as simple as possible, and NO SIMPLER.

If you care about anonymity, unfortunately, you need to know what a zerocoin is, how to buy it and how to redeem it. You will need to check that there are sufficient number of zerocoins for the denominations you buy to assure anonymity. You will need to make sure that you don't buy and then redeem immediately the same number of coins, as this will look suspicious in the blockchain. The user is responsible for using zerocoin correctly, and you can not expect the Anoncoin client to just blindly do all this for you. I am sure that the developers can add warnings in the client when you do something stupid, but this will probably not work for every single case.

Such is the nature of Zerocoin.

If you want an idiot proof anonymous system, the only one I am aware of is Zerocash, but as we've discussed many times here before, there is a problem with setting up the security parameters using trusted third parties.
varun555

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:22:22 PM

An "Anon-coupon" I like,

How about :
All this talk about "vouchers" and other things seems way more confusing than using Zerocoin the way it was originally intended to be used.

I understand that people would like Zerocoin transactions to be as simple to use as possible. I would like to emphasize that:

If you care about anonymity, unfortunately, you need to know what a zerocoin is, how to buy it and how to redeem it. You will need to check that there are sufficient number of zerocoins for the denominations you buy to assure anonymity. You will need to make sure that you don't buy and then redeem immediately the same number of coins, as this will look suspicious in the blockchain. The user is responsible for using zerocoin correctly, and you can not expect the Anoncoin client to just blindly do all this for you. I am sure that the developers can add warnings in the client when you do something stupid, but this will probably not work for every single case.

If you want an idiot proof anonymous system, the only one I am aware of is Zerocash, but as we've discussed many times here before, there is a problem with setting up the security parameters using trusted third parties.

Got it !!!
SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Guys do you know good cloud mining services on which I can get some mining power on the Anoncoin network?
Remember this is scrypt.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Guys do you know good cloud mining services on which I can get some mining power on the Anoncoin network?
Remember this is scrypt.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/scrypt
niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:34:19 PM

Nobody is suggesting changing the ANC/ZC protocol, just the terminology, for clarity. This would be an attempt to lesson confusion and boost marketing by using a term like 'ANC voucher' in place of 'zerocoin'.  Because a zerocoin isn't really a cryptocoin, it's just a place holder in the mixer used to create the anonymity.  Also, the word 'zero' has negative connotations.

We don't want to change the mechanics, especially when so close to implementation!  Some of us just want to make things more clear to all the new people who will want to use ANCs after ZC is on line.  As you pointed out, it's not going to be automatic, and therefore anything which make make using the protocol easier or more easily understood would be a good thing.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:50:48 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

Mintsy will offer this soon

https://mintsy.co
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:54:17 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

dont fall for cloud mining services, they are all scam and ripoff. no wonder craptsy now offer such a service too... its getting pathetic.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:02:35 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

dont fall for cloud mining services, they are all scam and ripoff. no wonder craptsy now offer such a service too... its getting pathetic.

K1173R always on the point! ... and you are right, it's very expensive. I tried it out and now run 20 MHs for 2 days. I wanna find some hardware for it.
And better answer my questions instead of running around in this forum damn it! It's like IRC is dead and I'm the only one alive.  Roll Eyes

Most Coins are Shitcoins
niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

Sheep, looks beyond the tip of your nose, Darkcoin will be open-sourced by the end of the month.

And now we see what's up.

Not that we hadn't guessed from the start.

niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:57:06 PM

trolling deleted

You have offered absolutely nothing to back up the denunciations you call 'observations.'

I have nothing to prove to you.  I will not feed you.  I merely refute you for the sake of
new and/or casual readers.

Everything I have read is easily obtainable- if you actually cared to get some facts on ANC.
Most relevant info has been placed within a few clicks by those who care to contribute, and
are able.

What you fail to realize, or choose to ignore, is that if you want to get any traction with
the people here, YOU are the one who must prove something.  So far you've done the
opposite.  In fact, your shrill desperation only serves to reinforce the views already held
by myself, and I would wager most others here as well.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:00:56 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

What about ltcgear?
geekz

Activity: 189

जगत् िमत

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

Yesterday , we had cryptsy developer in this forum. Please communicate with him to solve the cryptsy issue.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: